Inserting a publisher file into another publisher file

I want to insert a publisher file into another publisher file.  Does anyone
know how to do this?
--
LMD

Which version of Publisher are you using? How many pages are you talking
about?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"LMD" <LMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to insert a publisher file into another publisher file.  Does anyone
> know how to do this?
> --
> LMD

0
JoAnn
12/8/2009 11:21:43 PM
Ed Bennett has created an utility to combine 2007 files.
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools

I have a method on my web page, it is not for the faint of heart.
http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm

Publisher 2010 seems to have combining files built in.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"LMD" <LMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to insert a publisher file into another publisher file.  Does anyone
> know how to do this?
> --
> LMD

0
Mary

Recover Outlook 2002 Archive file from Norton Protected Recycle Bin
Deleted Outlook 2002 backup/archive file by mistake. Found it in Norton Protected Recycle Bin. Made copies then tried to restore one copy from Nortons and one copy through Outlook import, both attempts failed with same results. Outlook does not recongonize file as personal folders file. Any suggestions. Assuming read only hasnt been set, Try running the repair tool, scanpst.exe on the pst. You may have to run it several times. Then in OL file/open, the pst "Larry" <onsitecs@fuse.net> wrote in message news:188ce01c44af4$0b2bc4f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Deleted Outlook 200...

Inserting blank rows where numbers break sequence
How would I change a 2 column list to add the missing numbers left out of sequence? is: abc 17 def 18 ghi 20 jkl 22 etc. should be: abc 17 def 18 19 ghi 20 21 jkl 22 Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to delete all the cr*p. Is there an Outlook option or a rule that someone can suggest to set up, in a step-by-step fashion, that will combine these three into one? Thanks, Feedscrn By default Outlook only has 1 deleted items folder. What are the other 2? Are they in 2 other personal folders? "feedscrn" <feedscrn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1193150667.085940.208790@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to > de...

Define: STM file
What's the STM file used for? On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 05:47:02 -0800, Larry <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What's the STM file used for? Its the partner to the corresponding edb file to form the store. It's the non-mapi streaming database ( as opposesd to the mapi store - the edb file), and contains messages in their native Internet format. If you have alot of OWA or POP , IMAP clients etc, it can get quite large. Parts of the every message in the stm file are also in the edb file and as they are modified, moved or if the mailbox is moved to another store, the ...

Publisher #34
What is PUBRET.MSI and how do I get It? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Out of curiosity, what are you doing that you are prompted for this file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Edward Cavallaro via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:b16c38ef82c7478cb898dcdd5acef029@OfficeKB.com... > What is PUBRET.MSI and how do I get It? > > -- > Message posted via http://www.officekb.com This file is a installation package. The best way to keep this message from appearing is to do a installer clean-up. Description of t...

Publisher 2002 #7
How do I send a Publisher document via rich e-mail message, for person without Publisher program? I have Office 2000 and Outlook Express 6.0? This feature is built into Microsoft Publisher! http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html Check out the above link. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >How do I send a Publisher document via rich e-mail >message, for person without Publisher program? I have >Office 2000 and Outlook Express 6.0? >. > UMMMMMMM, look at the title of this thread. :-) Brian >-----...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

Hiding cells based on the value in another cell
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have created a worksheet where I would like to be able to "hide" a group of cells based on the value of another cell. I can do what I want by inserting a shape (rectangle) and giving it a white background and a white line color. As I have chosen not to show gridlines on my worksheet, this rectangle effectively hides the cells that are behind it. I can write code to control the visibility of this rectangle based on the value in a particular cell. I imagine that there is a way I can get this code to run anytime the value in this cell...

Can I highlight a cell and link it to another workbook?
I need to highlight one cell and link it to another cell in a different workbook where I want to enter a text definition of the first cell. I don't think linking works because that just gives me the same information in a different cell. I want to be able to click on a cell in one worksheet and be able to "flip" to its definition in another worksheet. Thanks! -- Jenn Create a hyperlink... Click the cell you want to link so it is the active cell. Go to the Insert menu and choose 'hyperlink' In the hyperlink window select the 'Place in this Document' button...

How to detect if a file has been opened?
I want to use MFC CFile class to open a file, how can I know if the file has been opened by before I open it ? Thanks. >I want to use MFC CFile class to open a file, how can I know if the >file has been opened by before I open it ? Trying to open it exclusively is probably the best way. If it's already open, your call will fail. Dave ...

Bizarre XSD File Format Changes with Web Developer?
I have a bizarre problem when I try to validate XML documents and their schemas once they have been opened and transfered to a Visual Web Developer 2005 Express project. I receive validation errors for XML/XSDs that worked fine when first created in another environment (XMLSpy trial). I have a source XML document and an XSD file created wtih XMLSpy and stored in a separate folder. When I run a very simple VBScript to validate the XML with the XSD (in the process of a bulkload to SQL Server with SQLXMLBulkload.4.0), there are no validation errors, and the load to the DB works perfectly....

File in Use problem
I'm revisiting some VBS scripts that I wrote several years ago to generate resumes for me (via Word macros) and would like some guidance on a couple of errors I am getting. I'll post about the two errors separately so that each has its own thread. My VBS script is pretty simple: ======================= ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count > 0 Then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting none." WScript.Quit End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objFolder = o...

Have a display "Paging" through an XML file.
Via an ASPX (and code behind) in .net 2.0 I want to be able to "page" though and display the contents of an xml file. So if there are 100 elements, I can display "page 1 of 4" and list 25 elements per page. How can I do this? Below is the code used to display the XML file // Create XmlDocument and load the XML from file string FilterValue = "Autos"; XmlDocument XmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlDoc.Load(new XmlTextReader(XMLFILE)); //Create the XsltArgumentList to be passed to the xslt doc XsltArgumentList xslArg = new XsltArgumentList(...

Print only the used sheets in all open files
I have the below macro to print the sheets that have info in cells D6 or D3 for all open workbooks. "PrintAllOpenFiles.xlsm" is the file in the xlstartup dir. If u run the small macro listed first within a single file it works but inside the bigger macro it doesn't. It doesn't look like anything happens - no debug option or anything. Any help is appreciated. 'Print Used Sheets Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If sh.Visible = -1 Then If sh.Range("D6").Value <> &...

Howto: Protecting specifig Ranges for inserting Rows
Hi I would like to protect specific Ranges of my Sheet. The users should be able to edit specific CELLS and additionally EDIT cells and INSERTnew Rows intos a specific predefined RANGE. But users should not be able to add Rows in the other parts of the Sheet. Do you know its possible? How to realize that? Markus, If you use a multi-cell array entered formula, Excel will prevent row insertion (or column insertion) within that range. For example, select A1:A10, type =ROW(), then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter. Then select a cell in, say, row 8 and try to insert a new row: Excel will protest, an...

i forgot how to make my business card insert for word documents?
i had to restore my software and I read somewhere how to have my salutation on my word docs into a buisness card insert, can anyone help? ...

Arrow Style work in Publisher?
This is under the FORMAT Toolbar - and whenever I try to add an arrow they are "grayed" out. You have to have a line selected... Draw a line, select the line, click the line tool or right-click "format autoshape", select the looks you want. There are arrows in autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bonnirod" <bonnirod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C84168A5-A10C-4CB0-9F0B-280901749D0E@microsoft.com... > This is under the FORMAT Toolbar - and whenever ...

pictures and objects appear blank in publisher 2002, but print ok
recentl when opening a file with pictures and objects in publisher 2002, they all appear blank. But they will print ok. I tried copying and pasting an object to a new page and its then visible but out of focus as if it has been enlarged too much. If I select all and copy it to a new page then the problem persists Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-u...

I need 2 add a legend 2 pictures in a word or publisher document
can anyone help My first suggestion would be to use proper words. Using cutesy shorthand is downright annoying. Having said that - what exactly do you want to do? And in which program? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or publisher document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C68A8C-6C18-4A36-9B62-B66FBE049F31@microsoft.com... > can anyone help Is this English? -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or p...

Page Options in Publisher 2007
I woner if anyone has a clue about this problem I am having. None of the 5 Microsoft technicians that I have talked to have any understanding. I create a newsletter by starting with a newsletter template. I modify the template by adding my own stories and artwork. That works fine. But then, when I want to made a web doxument of this, I want to convert the mulicolumn newsletter to a single column web newsletter. To do this, I go to PAGE OPTIONS and click "1 Column." But when I do this, all of my work is erased and replaced by the content of the original template as it wa...

Formula links in file
We have a master data file that about 50 other related spreadsheets have formula links to. Permission to this master file has now been restricted for many people so when they open some of the other 50 files the links don't work to master file. Can we cut and paste (rather than just copy) the master file to another location and will the links follow the file to the new location? If not, is there a bulk way of changing the addresses in the formulas to the new location of the master file. Ideally for all 50 at once or at worst for all tabs in each file at once. Thanks R...

Cannot find file error
HI, I have a machine that comes up with an error when "double-clicking" to open a file. When I double click any excel file I get this error. Cannot find file "..Filename..." (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. The file can be on a file server or on local disk and I still get this error. I tried installing Office 2k SP3 in hopes that would fix something but, that hasn't worked. any hints? thanx, In Excel Go to Tools Options General and uncheck Ignore Other Applications ...

Send as another user without "Sent on behalf of"
I would like to enable some of our users to send messages "From" another mailbox without the "Sender" header included which results in a "Sent on behalf of" message in email clients. I am using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I've tried it with and without the "send on behalf of" permissions added under delivery options. I've even created a test mailbox store with a test mailbox. I then enabled a user to have "Send As" permissions on that mailbox store. I did NOT add "send on behalf of" permissions on the individual mailbo...

Bulding pdf-files with vba and acrobat 6.0
Hallo to all, since hours I am trying to create pdf-files with vba and acrobat 6.0. I would like to pass the path and filename by a variable. But it dosn't work. Has anyone an idea how I can do this. Many thanks in advane and greetings from Bremen (Germany) Martin Beering Martin, I can remember having trouble's automating the PDF printing. Though I can't remember exactly what they were. I found this macro on somebodies site and it works well... Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ' Define the postscript and .pdf file names. Dim PSFileName As String Dim PDFFileName As Str...

How do I look for dupliactes within the same file?
I am trying to spot possible duplicate numbers in a ver large file. Is there a formaula I could use to make sure none of these 13 digit account numbers are listed twice within the same file? If this is something you have to do regularly, Jim Cone's commercial Add-in called XLConpanion makes this job a breeze............ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "skippy_prine" wrote: > I am trying to spot possible duplicate numbers in a ver large file. Is there > a formaula I could use to make sure none of these 13 digit account numbers > are listed twice within the same ...