Inserting a pdf file into a pub document

I cannot insert a pdf file into a Pub2000 document.  All I
get is an acrobat icon, but not the picture.  Can anyone
walk me through the steps?  Thanks
0
abc4343 (1)

No you cannot do it and unlikely you ever will.

If there are no security settings you should be able to copy and paste.

donotknock (1941)
10/9/2003 11:28:33 PM
I don't think you can directly insert a pdf file into a pub 2000 document.

But is a way you could do it, sort of.  This is a bit ugly but I think it
will work.

With the pdf file displayed, press the Prt Scrn key. This will put an image
of the pdf file that is displayed into the Clipboard.

Now, open Publisher, right click and Paste.  Crop to size and then go back
and get the lower half, paste into publisher, crop to size.

Now, to do the same only a bit cleaner and easier.

Get MWSnap, a great Desktop picture taker with built in cropping at:

http://www.mirekw.com/

Get the Desktop using MWSnap.

If you have difficulty accessing the MWSnap web site send me an email and
I'll attach it to a reply.

--
Don
My real address is:   dschmidtATpacifierDOTcom.

"JKA" <abc@xyx.com> wrote in message
> I cannot insert a pdf file into a Pub2000 document.  All I
> get is an acrobat icon, but not the picture.  Can anyone
> walk me through the steps?  Thanks

0
RetiredEngr (169)
10/9/2003 11:41:33 PM
Do you have the full version of Acrobat or another program that will
allow you to open a pdf file and save it as image? If not, I don't think
you can do it.

Mike

JKA wrote:
> I cannot insert a pdf file into a Pub2000 document.  All I
> get is an acrobat icon, but not the picture.  Can anyone
> walk me through the steps?  Thanks

0
wordwiz (948)

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.
Any idea where i can find Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.(We dont have Microsoft Great Plains License). Thanks Nath Nath -- If you have a Universal subscription to MSDN you are able to download the SDK information for Microsoft Great Plains. -- Kirsten Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nath" <Nath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB062FF-8C3D-42F8-BA00-0F83A95D5B64@microsoft.com... &g...

Lock-Protect documents
Excel 2002 sp2 How do you protect cells from being edited? I need to lock/protect all but 4 cells from being edited on a worksheet. I go into the 'format cells' properties of the 4 cells and 'unlock' them, and go into the 'format cells' properties of the rest and lock them. Then I go to tools, protection, protect sheet, I add a password and check only 'unlocked cells'. This isn't doing it, I can still edit the sheet, I emailed it to someone else and he can edit the sheet. What am I doing wrong? Thank you! You could prompt for a password using an in...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

retrieving folders.old file

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...

Problem inserting cut range
I'm trying to cut a range then insert the cut range at a particular location. The code looks like this: Range("F5:G" & ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Cut Range("D5").Insert(xlShiftToRight) However, when it reaches this point, I get an error saying "Cut method of Range class failed". I've tried changing the destination range so that it reads similar to the origin range, but that didn't help. Can someone help me get the syntax on this line correct? I've got several similar lines further down in the code. If I can fix thi...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...

how to read .MSG files without Outlook ?
How to read .MSG files without Outlook ? Do you know a good .msg viewer ? Thanks to everybody ... E. to the best of my knowledge, there isn;t a msg viewer. You need to use outlook or exchange messaging client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ ...

Repair Corrupt Excel File
I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. Anyone have any ideas? I have had success opening corrupt files with OpenOffice http://openoffice.org In article <CF4A5951-DCD9-4508-B995-FB7F6585BF78@microsoft.com>, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I > have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. > Anyone have any ideas? The Spreadsh...