Inserted images from file are showing blurry on screen, why?

Recently any image format I insert in Publisher 2007 appears blurry on screen. It looks fine in print preview, but it's difficult to know what your document will look like without printing. Why is this happening all of a sudden. Was always fine before. Puzzling.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/
0
Pam

Try; View | Pictures | Picture display...what do you have it set at?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Pam" wrote in message news:#NQ4N1QdKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Recently any image format I insert in Publisher 2007 appears blurry on
> screen. It looks fine in print preview, but it's difficult to know what
> your document will look like without printing. Why is this happening all
> of a sudden. Was always fine before. Puzzling.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/

16
Rob
12/4/2009 11:49:03 PM
You're a genius! It was set at Fast Resize and Zoom. Don't ask me how that happened, I didn't even know that option was there. LOL  But I changed it to Detailed Display and now it's perfect. Thank you!!

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/Inserted-images-from-file-are-showing-blurry-on-screen-why
0
Pam
12/5/2009 12:27:26 AM
yer welcome.
thanks for the feedback

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pam" wrote in message news:O97r5GUdKHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> You're a genius! It was set at Fast Resize and Zoom. Don't ask me how that
> happened, I didn't even know that option was there. LOL  But I changed it
> to Detailed Display and now it's perfect. Thank you!!
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/Inserted-images-from-file-are-showing-blurry-on-screen-why

0
Rob

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

Insert fields dynamically into database from a staging table
Hi all, In our lab when ever a test is performed results are stored in test_results table ( 10 records at maximum) and with click of a button these results should be loaded to database, but I have any issue here, each time the test_result table will have different field names ( one time it will have test1 , test2 , test3 with labid, next time it might have test1, test4, test5 and labid) so how can I load these fields from test_results table into database auomatically. Datebase has all these fields so how can I map the test_results tables fields to database fields to run my dynamic inse...

if a2 = b2 then insert d2 in e2
Hi, I am trying to combine information in 2 different sheets. Sheet one has a column with numbers and a column with titles. Sheet two has a column with the same numbers and other information I would like to use. What I would like to do is pull the title information from sheet 1 into sheet 2 based on the unique numbers. Below the title to 3263 is superdog and I want to insert superdog in the column next to 3263 on sheet 2. Sheet 1 Sheet 2 A B A 1254 book 3263 3263 superdog ...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

Corrupt pst file #5
I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a corrupt pst file. I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end. I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very good. A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any more. So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do anything else with my old files. I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and Calendar back. I know that...

Word 2003: Macro to insert manual page breaks
We need to match the original layout of Word 2003 documents when creating the HTML version for filing with the SEC. Some documents are over 200 pages. Currently we are inserting a manual page break at the end of each page. Does Word use an internal code to know where to break the pages for 8.5 x 11 paper that we could use in creating a macro? -- Sprinter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sprinter's Profile: 1480 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495 [url="http://www.thecodecage.com&...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Publisher 2003 Not Showing Graphics (Pictures)
OK, this is just too weird. Two computers, both running Publisher 2003. On #1, all graphics load and everything is fine. On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. So what happened last week? Why some pictures and not others? I emptied out temp folders, switched the "View" settings for pictures, but I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Wayne Day wrote: > On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing > up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. > ...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

Security for Xml File
Hello world, How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Nico * Nicolas Joly wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? >Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Hi Nicolas, I am not sure which kind of "protection" you are looking for, if you just worry about access from unauthorized users to an XML document on a web server, you could simply use HTTP facilities to deny access or request for authorization. If you worry about the integrity of the document...

Outlook 2007 Distorts Inserted Pictures -- How do I make it stop?
When inserting pictures in HTML or RTF emails, Outlook 2007 uses the size in INCHES (for some ungodly reason) instead of in PIXELS. How the heck do I revert to the traditional 1:1 pixel mapping so that a 900 x 600 pixel picture shows up as 900 x 600 pixels in the email? I want it to ignore the INCHES and DPI attributes and just display the JPG as a website would : using the X x Y information only. Wow, not a single reply after weeks and weeks. :-( "mjs" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news:ur9qg2bxIHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When inserting pictures in HTML...

Logon Screen in V9
We have picked up a problem when logging into Great Plains v9. If you type your password incorrectly, the logon screen becomes unavailable. The only active control is the Cancel button. We have installed SP1 with our upgrade. We have no other dev but modified reports. Any suggestions? Hennie ...

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

Embedded images not printing in reports
I have built several reports in Visual Studio and when I preview them there, the graphic (our logo in this case) displays fine. But when I pull them into CRM 4.0, and the graphics show a red "x" as though they aren't there. Do I need to do anything different other than embed them? Anyone else have this problem that can enlighten me as to a solution? Thanks! Andy. ...

a tool graphically showing classes' relation...
Hi, Does VC++ 2005 provide a feature/tool that can "graphically" show the relations (aggregation, inheritance, etc) among classes in a project? That is, a tool that can draw a class structrue diagram, allowing developers easily understand the whole project. Thank you for any information. JD >Does VC++ 2005 provide a feature/tool that can "graphically" show the >relations (aggregation, inheritance, etc) among classes in a project? > That is, a tool that can draw a class structrue diagram, allowing >developers easily understand the whole project. ...

corrupt file
when i try to open a excel 2000 worksheet it says that the file i corrupt .Is there anyway i can still open it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Here's a resource post on recovery of corrupted files. I've checked out all the links referred to. Additional comments and suggested additions are welcome. Some of the most frantic and desperate posts come for this and they are frequently in tears of happiness when they get a solution. These points cover corrupted files. Don't confuse these with problems with slow opening, processing or closing of Excel or wit...

Sharing pst file
Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? thanks. TH Yes and no...you can point both users to the same .PST file but they cannot both have it open at the same time, at least not without a 3rd party tool. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm lists at least one such tool. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b5e01c3bb9b$962d9300$a001280a@phx.gbl, Tobin Halim wrote: > Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? > t...

how do I open a file to make corrections
I have written a file and need to make corrections and can not open it! Publisher 2007? There is a hotfix available for your problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976177/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "MarchelleB" <MarchelleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76472C26-5FAE-4454-B390-D3F85BD89FF7@microsoft.com... > I have written a file and need to make corrections and can not open it! On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 19:27:33 -0700, MarchelleB <MarchelleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have written a file and ne...

Disabling formulas and turning file into text only
I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to update the formulas everytime and make it so that only the values show up(formulas are no longer needed once computed) Is there a way to do that besides copying and pasting as special? Not 100% sure, but I think you can do this by going edit/links/break links. >-----Original Message----- >I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other >workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to updat...

Error opening up Microsoft Money 2004 money file
I have been using Microsoft Money 2004 almost every day for several years now, but now all of a sudden when I try to log into my standard .mny file, it gives me an error stating 'The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file'. I have been using the same sign-in name, my hotmail address, for years. When I try to repair the file or select 'Skip Sign-In' it prompts me for a password, so I enter my password, and it still gives me this same sign-in name error. I can't get into Money at all to ...