Inserted images from file are showing blurry on screen, why?

Recently any image format I insert in Publisher 2007 appears blurry on screen. It looks fine in print preview, but it's difficult to know what your document will look like without printing. Why is this happening all of a sudden. Was always fine before. Puzzling.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/
0
Pam

Try; View | Pictures | Picture display...what do you have it set at?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Pam" wrote in message news:#NQ4N1QdKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Recently any image format I insert in Publisher 2007 appears blurry on
> screen. It looks fine in print preview, but it's difficult to know what
> your document will look like without printing. Why is this happening all
> of a sudden. Was always fine before. Puzzling.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/

16
Rob
12/4/2009 11:49:03 PM
You're a genius! It was set at Fast Resize and Zoom. Don't ask me how that happened, I didn't even know that option was there. LOL  But I changed it to Detailed Display and now it's perfect. Thank you!!

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/Inserted-images-from-file-are-showing-blurry-on-screen-why
0
Pam
12/5/2009 12:27:26 AM
yer welcome.
thanks for the feedback

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pam" wrote in message news:O97r5GUdKHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> You're a genius! It was set at Fast Resize and Zoom. Don't ask me how that
> happened, I didn't even know that option was there. LOL  But I changed it
> to Detailed Display and now it's perfect. Thank you!!
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/Inserted-images-from-file-are-showing-blurry-on-screen-why

0
Rob

Publisher 2003, inserting information into labels
I have created a label template in Publisher 2003. There are six labels per page. The only item that will change on each label will be the serial number. I have tried to use the catelog merge to get the respective serial numbers on each of the labels. Unfortunately, that has not worked. Instead of getting six different serial numbers on six different labels per page, I get one serial number on six different labels on one page. Is there a way to get different six different serial numbers on six different labels on one page? You may have to run this through twice or setup your names ...

Is there ANY possibility to view embedded PDF object in XLS file after when this xls file is digitally signed?
Hello, I created an XLS file with an embedded pdf object. I can view this object when I double click on its icon. However, if I sign this xls file, I am no longer able to view this embedded PDF object. If I double click on its icon, nothing happen. I am concerned in this last two days with no results. I appreciated any advice. Mike ...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Expost Outlook PST file to Outlook 2002 PST file
I have a customer who has bought a copy of Office 2003 which he has now decided he doesn't like!! He has asked me to return his system to his old Office XP Professional. No problem except for one thing - I exported his PST file from Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and tried to import it toOutlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) and the result was that Outlook 2002 doesn't recognise the format of the Outlook 2003 PST file! My customer isn't impressed!! Does nyone any ideas on how I can either export the file in a format that will be recognised AND keep all his folders and messages where t...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

show header
this is such an obvious one but I can't find it -- how do you get the headers to show while you're viewing the page on the screen? Print preview works fine, but I need to have the headers show up when looking at it as a spreadsheet. Looked for "Print View" equivalent, but can't find it. You can't display the header or footer unless you use print preview. Excel doesn't have a Print View mode like Word does. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jchoy" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

my case it online , it Show offline
When I open Messenger and put my case it online , it Show offline to my friends .. not online .. What to do! -- free9 http://webim.live.my/ What I did was sign in on that website as well as the regular windows live (if you have the newest windows live you can sign on in two places). So everyone could see me as online again, and I could use windows live as I normally do with the web messenger running in the background. I hope we get a solution soon. free9 wrote: my case it online , it Show offline 22-Mar-10 When I open Messenger and put my case it online , i...

File Association in Dialog-Based Application
Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my dialog-based application? In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() can't be called without a CDocument class. Thanks for any thoughts. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com >Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my >dialog-based application? > >In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template >using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() ...

ACH file incorrect
The bank says our ach file is incorrect. It should begin with 522 and end with 822 and it begins with 520 and ends with 820. Does anyone know where or what I need to change to get this the file to display correctly. Thanks for any input Brandon ...

Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?
Hi I have an mfc dialog based demo application. I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions to the registry. Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user clicks on it. How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user right clicked ? Waiting for suggestions Regards >I have an mfc dialog based demo application. >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Expl...

.XLB file corrupted often
The excel.xlb file is getting currupted every week or so. Once replaced w. a good version things work fine for a while. Any suggestions on premenent fixes or what is possibly corrupting it. Thanks for any suggestions Hi Andrew, One possibility is some rogue VBA code which is customising menus/toolbars and not undoing its work properly. If this is the case then yoour XLB file can get larger and larger until it falls over. If you are running any VBA code or using addins check that they have a workbook_close routine that removes any changes to menus/toolbars they have made. hth Charles...

Conditionally inserting image
Hi there, Does anyone out there know if its possible in Excel (2002) to conditionally insert an image into a file based upon the results of formula. So for instance... If a2 > 100 then [insert red traffic light image] Else If a2 > 50 then [insert amber traffic light image] Else [insert green traffic light image] Im familiar with VBA and wonder if that holds the solution but either way Im not sure how to reference each image (& dont know how each image is stored)? Any advice greatly appreciated. Phil You don't need an image. You can simply use conditional formatting on...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

Keeping a range constant when inserting rows
Hello, I'm trying to keep a range of cells constant within a function when I insert a row (e.g. average(a1:a6) becomes average(a1:a7) but I want it to keep the a1:a6 range). Even if I use absolute cell references ($a$1:$a$6), it doesn't help. I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Jeff Jeff, In your formula, use: =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("A1:A6")) Absolute cell references (dollar signs) do one thing only: They keep any copies you make of the cell references from changing relatively as they're copied. They still change when the cells to which they refer are m...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart #2
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. "Pub 2003 will not insert MS cliipart" wrote: > Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. > The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on > running Setup to install converters, press F1. p.s. to this message, F1 provides no information and I already cleared cache in IE tools. Did not work. Clipart will not insert. &qu...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...

Can't get past welcome screen
I recently used a startup manager utility to reduce the amount of programmes that launched automatically on startup. I am now unable to get XP to start past the welcome screen. If I click on a user it loads settings and then logs off immediately. I can't get into safe mode as it does the same thing. I've tried copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe as suggested in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892893 but this does not help. Any other ideas? On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:00:01 -0800, Sam Wardill <SamWardill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently used a startup mana...

Money 4.0 file transfer to Money Essentials
I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC. Are the 2 version incompatible? =?Utf-8?B?Y21nZnVzYQ==?= <cmg_fusa@yahoo.com> wrote in news:E3AD8366-ED94-4625-A534-C0CCA8F3DBA8@microsoft.com: > I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 > backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC. Are the 2 > version incompatible? Yes. Money Essentials is incompatible with everything. Take it back and get Money Plus. -- Steve B. New Life Home Improvement In microsoft.public.money, cm...

Header image jumps
Hi all, I have a background image inserted into my page header. However, when I insert several pages of text, my header page background jumps to the 4th page. has anyone experiences anything similar or have any advice? Thanks in advance, Claire What you are describing suggests that there is a section break somewhere at the beginning of the document. If you double-click on the header with the picture to activate the header/footer area, what does the "label" on the bottom left of the header say ("Header -Section 2-" perhaps)? -- Stefan Blom Microsof...

Cannot insert sheets into the destination workbook
Hi, We are having a problem with Excel which I could do with a solution if possible. The situation is this we write a bespoke application which sits on an IBM Universe database which we access using a program called SBClient, one of the feature of this is we are able to run queries against the database and have the output export in to Excel. The problem we are having at the moment is when we try to run this query we get a message in Excel saying: "The file you are trying to open 'SBCLIENT.XLS' is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the...

Re: Outlook client installation error (file or assembly name not found) (solved)
"Steve Yates" <steve@teamITS.com> wrote in message news:... > We have one PC that gets the following error and can't get past the system > requirements phase of the desktop client installation: > > "Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook Setup User Input > File or assembly name 9o3db28v.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not > found." > > (the file name is random and changes on every installation attempt). Any > suggestions? The user has tried repairing and reinstalling Office, > installing and uninstalling .NET 2.0, verifying/empytin...

jpeg files
Hi, I find that jpeg files always displayed as attachment in outlook2003. Compared to outlook express where i can see the picture without double clicking on it to view it. How can i configure outlook2003 to work like outlook express? thanks I have Outlook 2002, but if 2003 works the same . . . Instead of ATTACHING the jpeg, got the INSERT menu and choose PICTURE. That will place the picture in the body of the message. Pat >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I find that jpeg files always displayed as attachment in outlook2003. >Compared to outlook express where i can see t...

How to keep the application even when show desktop is selected
Hi, I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your daily tasks. I want this application to remain on the top right corner of desktop even when "show desktop" is selected. However it gets minimised.........Any helps appreciated. Perhaps you want to consider "Active Channel Technology" and making your display part of the "Active Desktop"? In article <D580FA88-9C89-4D3F-AB9A-8374A9DE266B@microsoft.com>, Katiyar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your dail...