Inserted graphics in Publisher can't be seen.

There has to be an easy fix,Help!
0
Dennis (299)

Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> There has to be an easy fix,Help!

Try View > Pictures > Detailed Display.

If this fails, this is almost certainly a problem with your video driver.

By going to Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot, and
dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches, you will be
able to disable Publisher from making the calls on the video driver that
cause this problem.

If this does fix your problem, it means that the problem does indeed lie
with the video driver.  You can leave your computer running at this lower
hardware acceleration, but it may cause problems with other programs.  It is
a better solution to try and find a driver update for your graphics card.
Normally, the latest drivers from the video card manufacturer will do the
trick, but ATI (and recently Intel and Dell) tend to be slower in perfecting
their drivers, so some newer ATI and Intel cards to not yet have drivers
available that do not exhibit this behaviour.  The solution here is to nag
ATI/Intel/Dell for better drivers.

(Please note that even if your computer is brand new, you won't necessarily
have the latest drivers)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
4/21/2006 7:30:15 AM
View, pictures, detailed display...

If this isn't the solution you probably need an updated video/graphics driver.

Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder,
settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this works then it means
your driver needs upgrading, go to the manufacturer's web site and look around
for a newer driver.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There has to be an easy fix,Help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Publisher can't work because I have old version
My copy of Microsoft Publisher 2000 can't run documents I have made on other computers that have Microsoft Publisher 2003. There is an option in 2003 to save as a 2000 publication. You will lose formatting in some cases. File, save as, files of type... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "S2333" <S2333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2001E5CF-9F56-480E-BA0C-DF85BF1E22A8@microsoft.com... > My copy of Microsoft Publisher 2000 can't run documents I have made on other > computer...

logos in publisher
Please can you tell me how to add a logo in the personal information part of publisher What version Publisher? Open any pre-designed template that has a logo, click the wand, click logo options on the task bar, browse to your logo, save the publication. This will set the logo in the personal information. You can delete the template. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hils" <Hils@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0A57C7E-F951-4CD4-8E25-A94755D1B183@microsoft.com... > Please can you...

Insert pictures from picture manager to excel
With Office 2003 you can't drop pictures from the picture manager to excel. Are there any options to do this by patches and not by other graphic programms? Open Excel, Insert - Picture - from file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Matthias S." <MatthiasS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:913B787E-01B5-4934-8C87-60B9F2E6EE6A@microsoft.com... > With Office 2003 you can't drop pictures from the picture manager to > excel. > Are there any options to d...

Graphics have disappeared
For some reason my graphics have disappeared from all my Publisher documents. They can't be seen on screen nor are they printed. Any ideas? I am using Publisher 2002. John Ealey Could you send me one of your files? Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John Ealey" <john@ealey.org> wrote in message news:WDG5e.43719$C12.37355@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > For some reason my graphics have disappeared from all my Publisher > documents. They can't be seen on screen nor are they printed. Any ideas? I > ...

Merging in Publisher
I have an employee directory set up, but when I try to merge the names and addresses into the directory, it will only merge the first person in the directory and won't merge the whole list of employees into one document. Any suggestions? What steps do you take to merge? "Cindy" <cfullmer@chewelah.k12.wa.us> wrote in message news:05c101c34666$98e922d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have an employee directory set up, but when I try to > merge the names and addresses into the directory, it will > only merge the first person in the directory and won't > merge the...

Save as publisher 2000
I am using Picture it! Publisher 2001 and I would like to save it for the 2000 version, but when I do a save as, I do not have that choice available. The only choice I get it publisher document. How do I save a file as for the 2000 version? I think you're getting your programs confused. Picture It! is not the same as Publisher. Picture It! has it's own format and I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MK" <systemsgo@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O6uYYI6jEHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am usin...

Publisher File formats
I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif' Can I not save in anything but pub? Thanks Ray, It would help us to answer your question if you told us which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006101c3dc62$7649ce40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I > save the f...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Bulk insert of chart titles?
I have several worksheets in a workbook, the layout on each worksheet is the same as the others, and each sheet has a chart, displaying charts of the data in each worksheet. I am able to insert chart titles into each chart, one at a time, but would like to do this as a single operation, in other words is there any way that I can insert a title in each chart referencing the same cell in each worksheet, in one operation? Stan - You need a little macro to do what you want. This loops through every worksheet in the active workbook, and for every chart on the worksheet, it adds a title t...

publisher 2003 to 2000
I have a file created in Publisher2003 (about 2 megabites.) . When I save this file in Pub. 2000, which is the version I have at home, it gets really big...30 megabites. It becomes really difficult for e-mail. How can I compress its contents? Publisher 2000 did not support compression. Might be better to send it as a PDF. There are free converters around, this is one: http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "luigui" <luigui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0F6BD73...

publisher 2000 #11
this goes out to the ones who said that publisher 2000 had nothing wrong with it and the HP's lj 4500 had a problem and that tech support basically sucked for saying that the problem was in the publisher 2000. the problem was in the 2000 and that some printer will not work with publisher, so be sure to ask that question. once i load 2002, the problem was gone and the printer works like a champ. i guess i am obviously incredibly gullible and that HP lied through their teeth. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from brent <anonymous@discussi...

Publisher 2003 #39
Color document is printing in black and white. Color/Grayscale button is dimmed in Print preview. Sounds like an issue with the printer driver. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Susi" <Susi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:553FA9FE-EA68-493D-BB49-9AE717B5E9B7@microsoft.com... > Color document is printing in black and white. Color/Grayscale button is > dimmed in Print preview. ...

Insert Existing Worksheets into a new Workbook
I have a set of many single page worksheets with calculations; I want to make a single Workbook using all of those pages. Then I want to extract data from a certain cell on each Worksheet and SUM that data on the last page of the Workbook. In EXCEL 2007 in order to extract and sum data on a specific page of the Workbook:- 1. Assume I have a Workbook set up in which there are 4 Worksheets and I wish to sum cell C6 from 3 of those Worksheets in Sheet1. 2. In cell C6 of Sheet1 (this is where I want the total to appear):- Home / Editing group / AutoSum / 3. Now click on ...

Publisher makes the system restart
I have a wierd problem while using Publisher2000 on a Windows 98 system. Whenever I try to save an existing file or zoom any object in the file, etc. the system restarts. Pub2000 is a stand alone version. I tried in safe mode, uninstalling Norton AV, reinstalling office, Repaired Publisher2000, repaired the registry, done all sorts of things without much use. Plz. help me. Hi Kiran, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. I would recommend is restarting you...

Publisher 2003 and Office 2007
I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. So If I install Standard, will it erase my Publisher 2003? I dont want this to happen, if it will. Is there a way to keep my Publisher 2003 after I install Standard 2007 The installation of Office 2007 shouldn't affect Publisher 2003. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "E R" <E R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7A401A-E059-489A-9D70-E72DB87FF49B@microsoft.com... >I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. > So If I install Stand...

FrontPage & Publisher Errors
These is an error I keep getting: 1. http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1767101/28887/user_28887/T0_28887_1767101.jpg 2. http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1767106/28887/user_28887/T0_28887_1767106.jpg Event Viewer reports it as: "Faulting application frontpg.exe, version 11.0.6552.0, stamp 424b714f, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, stamp 44ab9a84, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a5b. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp." A click on the event link however leads to the H & S page that says: "We&#...

Unable to publish with Deployment Manager
Hi! I am having difficulty trying to get the publish task to work in the deployment manager. I have been working through the tutorial. I added a "picklist" schema field to the Contact schema. When I try to publish my changes I receive an UGLY error : Publish completed with errors. Please see event log for details. CGIHOUINET2: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server Can someone give me a clue? I'm afraid that the error doesn't tell me much. The event log shows the following ( I particularly like the spelling of "exception."): Source...

How can I change order of pages in a fold brochure in publisher
When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to print are you checking current page or typing the page number? What version Publisher are you using? "JudieM" wrote: > When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page > preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to prin...

insert an adobe pdf file into a Publisher project ?
I am trying to create a breeders directory for a cattle association, and several people have sent me advertisements to include. One is in Adobe pdf form and I can't figure out how to insert it without changing it to a jpg. I did change it to jpg form and the advertiser didn't want me to do that; saying it degraded the quality of the print/photo,etc. OK Jeanne <OK Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I did change it to jpg form and the advertiser didn't want me to do that; > saying it degraded the quality of the print/photo,etc. I...

Publisher 2000 Huge file
I have been doing a monthly 8 page bulletin for about 2 years. Each time I save the last months bulletin to a new file and edit the old file into this months bulletin. I just discovered that my file has grown to about 12 Mb and there are only 2 little 25kb pictures plus text on 8 pages total in the file. How can I get rid of all the extraneous stuff??? Any thoughts - Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_18AF_01C523BE.10459080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Correct, it is a majo...

How do I use overtype in Publisher?
I can use overtype in Word and Excel but I can't seem to figure out how to turn it on in Publisher. Is it even possible to do this? ...

Publisher w/ digital imaging incl'd in prof office?
I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't find the answer on microsoft anywhere. I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publisher 2003 w/ digital imaging comes in that suite. I am trying to decide what office to buy and that will make a huge impact on my decision. Thanks charles wrote: > I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't > find the answer on microsoft anywhere. > > I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use > publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publ...

Publisher 2003 template doesn't display correctly in IE
I built my first site using a template found in Microsoft Publisher 2003. When I select "website preview" the pages are not displaying the same way I built them. Horizontal rules are not in the right place, text is not in the right place. Any suggestions would be appreciated! What do you mean by "horizontal rules are not in the right place"? Some print formatting will not convert to html. Though this article describes formatting issues in an email message, it lists a lot of possible reasons why the formatting in your web page is not as you expect it. Publisher we...

How Do I Make My Calendar seen on my 3 network computers?
I would like to have the calendar I create on my desktop to be seen as well on my laptop and vice versa. They are connected wirelessly through a router. Also, can I make changes on one and have it change on the other? Thank you so much. unless you have outlook 2007, the easiest way is one of the utilities here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-...

Has anyone seen my FIND dialog box (Word 2007)?
My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command (press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar), the FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows and it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other applicaitons. Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog box back? Well, when you open the Find panel your cursor is in the box, so you could start typing some...