Inserted graphics in Publisher can't be seen.

There has to be an easy fix,Help!
0
Dennis (299)

Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> There has to be an easy fix,Help!

Try View > Pictures > Detailed Display.

If this fails, this is almost certainly a problem with your video driver.

By going to Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot, and
dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches, you will be
able to disable Publisher from making the calls on the video driver that
cause this problem.

If this does fix your problem, it means that the problem does indeed lie
with the video driver.  You can leave your computer running at this lower
hardware acceleration, but it may cause problems with other programs.  It is
a better solution to try and find a driver update for your graphics card.
Normally, the latest drivers from the video card manufacturer will do the
trick, but ATI (and recently Intel and Dell) tend to be slower in perfecting
their drivers, so some newer ATI and Intel cards to not yet have drivers
available that do not exhibit this behaviour.  The solution here is to nag
ATI/Intel/Dell for better drivers.

(Please note that even if your computer is brand new, you won't necessarily
have the latest drivers)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
4/21/2006 7:30:15 AM
View, pictures, detailed display...

If this isn't the solution you probably need an updated video/graphics driver.

Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder,
settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this works then it means
your driver needs upgrading, go to the manufacturer's web site and look around
for a newer driver.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There has to be an easy fix,Help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Insert Menu
Run Win98 SE, Office 2000. On my Toolbar, File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, etc.. I want to place a Symbol on a word doc or post card I'm working on. When I click on Insert, the drop down only list's: Picture> Clip Art From file Object.. and varied other menue choices EXCEPT..Symbols, ?How? can I place the Symbols choice into the drop down menu for Insert? I do have & am able to utilize Symbols in MS Word w/Office 2000. Regards, PRK 7/23/03 The symbol insert option appears when you have a text box selected in Publisher. -...

Insert New Page and Keep Formatting.
I have a few questions. First, how do I insert a new page in a Newsletter and keep the formatting changes I made to the text. For example I changed my font to different sizes, but when I insert a new page it all resets back to the original newsletter template default font size. How do I prevent this from happening? Secondly, when I do insert a new page how do I add a calender? When I go to Page Content it says that you cannot change page content to pages that were INSERTED only the first 4 pages. Thanks, Matt mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to u...

Publisher to SharePoint
I am trying to create a page in Publisher 2003 with some graphics, text, and pictures to save and upload to SharePoint. When I save it as a jpg or png, the text looks very poor in SP. When I save it as an html file, the pictures do not show up when the document is uploaded. Does anyone have any advice on the best format to do what I am attempting? Thanks! I haven't used Sharepoint, but if you want to use HTML then you should know that by default Publisher produces an index.htm file plus an index_files folder by default. The index_files folder contains the supporting graphics. Yo...

Opening Publisher 2000 Documents in 2002
I have many documents saved as Publisher 2000, and were done using Publisher 2000. They have a variety of custom spacing in between the photographs & text (adjusting the wrapping) and also sometimes wordart. I have a problem with some of the margins & wordart changing when I open the 2000 document in a newer 2002 version. Any suggestions on fixing this problem? Thanks, Kevin After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Kevin Praeger <praegerk@yahoo.com>... > I have many documents saved as Publisher 2000, and were done using > Publisher 2...

making cd labels with publisher 2002?
I have windows xp, and publisher 2002. when attempting to print round labels that will fit onto a cd or dvd disk, I find under LABELS menu in PUBLISHER 2002, only square labels. Is there a template available or upgrade available that will enable me to print labels for dvd disks using Publlisher 2002? I just purchased Memorex Label Maker that came with it's own software, but using it proved to be extremely clumsy. I know Publisher and prefer to use Publisher. best, Aaron Pub 2003 has the templates but not 2002. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] <aaronep@pacbell.n...

Conditional Format & Inserting Cells #2
I don't know if that would work or not. I've never used a VLOOKUP code I'll have to see if I can learn how to do that -- Phunnybon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Phunnybonz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27389 I'm not sure how to use this, but try the <Match> command. this looks exact matches in two or more cells. Not sure of the exact coding though. Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ------------------------...

New to Publisher
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help. I have just created my first email newsletter. I sent it to myself to test how it looks. It looks as expected in my hotmail account but in my work email (a PC using outlook but synching from a webmail account) all of the text and images are messed up (blurry, have moved around a bit) and there is a large white rectangle down the length of my email about a cm wide. It basically is unusable. Anyone know why that might be? Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Victoria Create your newsletter, convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment...

Publisher not retaining tab information
Client who sends me Publisher files reports that she sets tabs for text within a text box, but every time she reopens the file the tabs have reverted to default values. Not sure which version of Publisher is being used. Custom tabs that you previously set in Publisher 2000 are not saved when you save a publication in Publisher 2002 or in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891825/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "J Birch" <JBirch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A9A...

How can I send my e newsletter created in publisher as the body o.
My Publisher programme won't allow me to send a newsletter as the body of an email, it only offers me to send it as an attachment. Any suggestions please? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Kirsten from New Zealand Health Shop <Kirsten from New Zealand Health Shop@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > My Publisher programme won't allow me to send a newsletter as the > body of an email, it only offers me to send it as an attachment. Any > suggestions please? Publisher 2002 and 2003 offer the option of sending the current page of a ...

Another Publisher printing problem...
I'm not new to Pubisher...it's an old friend....at least it was until I got 2007. For instance, right now I am trying to print a greeting card, which I have done thousands of times over the years. But now when I go into Print command, the Print Preview is perfect, it is perfect on the page itself. But it prints larger than it should, running the words of the interior of the card off the page at outside right margin and bottom. I am using "print to border" capability, but I have used that on most of my cards over the years. I'm confused! Ok, I figured it out m...

Publishing Tasks Updates
When working on Project Server 2007 for approving tasks updates, is there a way to have the tasks automatically published on to a project plan rather than the PM having to first approve of the task and then go to the Applied Task Update Requests and Errors page to select the tasks that need to be published and then pick the project it needs to be published too? I know there is a way for them to do it straight from the project plan in Project Professional but the PMs prefer to use the web access since they can approve of more than one project at a time but then they find it cumbe...

Converting from Publisher to Mac PageMaker
Help....I need to make this conversion. Does anyone have any ideas on how to convert my publishe file to a mac- friendly version? Thanks, Nancy ...

How can I save a publisher 2007 file as a picture?
I need to save what I created in a jpeg file but it does not give me the option of saving as a jpeg. Group what objects you want to save as a .jpg. Right-click the objects, click save as picture. There are options for resolution and extension. You can save the entire publication as a picture. Save as, in files of type scroll down to the picture formats. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tjaustin" <tjaustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808A7F22-4362-401F-AFFB-9B4E0A0C5407@microsof...

How do I insert holidays autmatically to my calender?
I'm trying to make a 2010 calender. Is there an option that automatically inserts the holidays on the proper dates for me? There is no way in Publisher. If you need the holidays to carry over year to year the best way is to create text boxes rather than inserting into the calendar cells. I have a 2009 calendar with the holidays on my web site, you can get an idea what I mean. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Merlin" <Merlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3768934-E1AB-4522-9868-7E8DC7F9991F@mic...

signature with graphics
When I create signature for Outlook in Word and add a jpg or bitmap to it, it looks great but when I use it in email the graphic is not visible - just the graphic spacer. Seems like outlook cannot find the graphic. Any ideas? Thanks Peter What version of Outlook and message format are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Peter asked: | When I create signature for Outl...

how to insert month date year and day of week

Automatically completing/inserting contact addresses in the "To" f
Can anybody help me figure out how to prevent Outlook 2003 from automatically filling in the "To" field when composing a new message? I noticed that when composing a new message, when I begin to type a contact name or email address in the "To" field, Outlook automatically offers various addresses that begin with the same letter. Sometimes an address is inadvertently included in an email because of this feature. For example, I start to type in "Lee@yahoo.com" but Outlook automatically offers up (in a drop-down menu) all email addresses that begin with "...

HTML Signatures, with graphics
Hi I have created a HTML signature, which uses a company logo, as a graphic. I created the HTML file, and copied the actual Signature, directly into Outlook, using the 'Advanced Edit' feature, which allows Word to be used as the editor. All works fine. I can send mails to other users, and my signature is fine. It also appears fine when received at the other side. However, if a user sends me a mail, which I reply to, or forward, my signature is attached. The formatting takes place (ie. the HTML works), and the signature is displayed, however the graphics are not shown. They are inste...

selecting and inserting existing and non existing rows into table parameters and variables
I need to do the following: 1. Select all rows that exist both in the TVP @Headlines and in the table [Headlines].[Headlines] and insert them into a table variable @ExistingHeadlines. 2. Select the rows that exist only in the TVP @Headlines and not in [Headlines].[Headlines] and insert them into a table variable @NonexistentHeadlines. How would you do this? The stored procedure takes 2 totally different paths depending on whether or not the items in @Headlines already exist in the main Headlines table. 1. If they exist already, return an error telling the client that thes...

how can I insert a picture in a cell
how can I insert a picture in a cell, I want to put some photo's in a worksheet so that I can look them up in another worksheet. Is this possible? How do I do it? thanks in advance yakmelk Hi Yakmelk, You could insert the pictures in the second sheet and hide them. See JE McGimpsey's technique at: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html --- Regards, Norman "yakmelk" <yakmelk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dk4s1t$hbp$1@osl016lin.hda.hydro.com... > how can I insert a picture in a cell, > I want to put some photo's in a worksheet so th...

Does Publisher read XAML
I have Expression Design 1 and want to make .pdfs from files I create with it. Unfortunately when it exports as .pdf it exports as one big image and any text in the resulting file is unsearchable. So I thought I could export as a XAML file and retain the text. Does Publisher 2007 read XAML files? If it does can it export a .pdf or somethign that can be turned into a .pdf (with searchable text and not one big image)? Is it easy to export .pdf with Publisher? I do not yet own a copy. GameVein wrote: > So I thought I could export as a XAML file and retain the text. Does >...

jpeg photo files in ms publisher
I have a new camera that uses jpeg format. How can I put those photos in publisher 2003 documents? If I can't, what is a good alternative program to publisher. Insert, picture, from file, browse to your photo... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lynn35" <Lynn35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2E61684-D23B-4243-9212-8AE54C0A43FA@microsoft.com... >I have a new camera that uses jpeg format. How can I put those photos in > publisher 2003 documents? If I can't, what is a goo...

How do I insert my business card into an email?
Here's what I know. I have received emails with a business card inserted within the body and would like to do the same with my business card. Most recently, I received an email with a card which had a .vcf extension which is Virtual Card File. I think you can import a card with a .vcf extension into Outlook and then put it into an email. My situation is complicated by the fact that my business card is a .pub 2000 file and I don't use Outlook for email but Windows Live Hotmail with a .msn extension. Can you tell me how to insert my .pub 2000 business card into an email on...

Importing HP2000 files into Publisher 2007
Hi, how do you import/open Home Publisher 2000 files into Publisher 2007? The help files say files from earlier versions can be imported to 2007, but I haven't been able to find the specific instructions. Many thanks. If I right click on a 2000 file and choose "open", it of course opens in 2000. If I choose "open with-Microsoft Office Publisher", Publisher 2007 opens and then the following box pops up "Microsoft Office Publisher - There is not enough memory to convert the text formatting. Windows is low on memory. Save your work and close other programs to ...

Newbie Q
Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to prevent a formula to be updated after an insert. As an example, let's say that I have a cell on Sheet2 that references Sheet1!A4. Let's say that I insert a row in Sheet1 above row 4. Automatically my formula on Sheet2 is updated so that is references Sheet1!A5. Is there a way to prevent this? TIA. Hi, Check out Indirect function =INDIRECT("sheet1!A4") Regards, Hari India "Atchoum" <NO_goglus_JUNK@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:OsZ1d.64670$WH1.1629608@wagner.videotron.net... > Hi, > > I am wonderin...