Insert Picture into Publisher 2002 file

I'm trying to create a a simple flyer for work. My logo
is basically a black circle with a white circle in the
middle and a small  black design in the middle of that. I
have the logo as a jpeg, tiff & bitmap image.

I want to insert my logo into the flyer in a couple of
places. However, each time I do this - there is a white
box around the logo. Is there anyway of getting rid of
this white box/making it transparent so that I can insert
the logo over a colored background (& not have the white
box show)?

Any help would be tremendous
Thanks
0
rkettle (3)

You will have to convert it to a GIF file and set the transparency.

This is not a Publisher issue, as the picture file formats you are trying do
not support transparency.

You can see if you can achieve what you want by inserting the graphic into
an AutoShape.

donotknock (1941)
9/10/2003 7:45:58 AM
The Autoshape route usually works for me.  Otherwise a Draw program such as
Serif PhotoPlus will enable you to turn the white square into transparency
and save it as a PNG file.
Blair.
"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> You will have to convert it to a GIF file and set the transparency.
>
> This is not a Publisher issue, as the picture file formats you are trying
do
> not support transparency.
>
> You can see if you can achieve what you want by inserting the graphic into
> an AutoShape.

Thanks for the help
One last question - how do I insert the graphic (my logo)
into an Autoshape?

Cheers

0
rkettle (3)
9/10/2003 1:01:27 PM
Hi RJK,

1. Draw an Autoshape
2. Right click the Autoshape then click on Format
Autoshape
3. Go to Colors and Lines Tab > Fill > Color > Fill
Effects > Picture Tab > Select Picture then browse to
picture and select it.

Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.kvalheim.org

0
publisher (1244)
9/10/2003 1:59:19 PM
Thanks again for your help
Much appreciated

0
rkettle (3)
9/10/2003 2:13:05 PM
Glad to help. Post back if you have any further questions.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

"RJK" <rkettle@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thanks again for your help
> Much appreciated

---

publisher (1244)

Does WMP 12 have File, View, etc on the top?
I have Windows 7 and (I guess) Windows Media Player 12. I was trying to find which version I have and someone said I should check Help, then About (as with almost every other software program) - but there is no Help up on top and no File, View etc. like the Media Player on my XP box. So... is there something missing on my Media Player 12, as I suspect, and if so, do I uninstall it (how?) and reinstall it? Or are there no drop down menus on Media Player 12? Thanks for any light you can shed on this mystery Robert press the ctrl and M keys simultaneously and the menu bar shou...

Email signature won't include pictures
I have created a HTML email signature which incorporates our company logo. However when adding the signature through Mail Format, the logo does not transpose. It appears as a box with a red 'x' in the corner. Can anyone assist please? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Lyn <ly...

Insert CRM Icon (i.e. contact) into Outlook menu bar and use hyperlink
hy, my customer doesnt like to access the contacts, accounts etc via the folder structure in outlook client - much too complicated.. he wants a "shortcut": I inserted the CRM icon for contact list view into the Outlook Menu bar and added a hyperlink, problem: with the following hyperlink: outlook://Microsoft%20CRM/Workplace/Customers/Contacts a new instance of outlook is opened. so after klicking 5 times on my contact ican, I have opened outlook 5 times... if I add the hyperlink: \\CRMserver\.... etc... I dont open the contact in the outlook view but open an internet explorer wind...

Can I insert a box on excel that can be checked and un-checked?
I would like to insert a box that can be checked or unchecked, like a check list showing what is done and what is not done. I was just wondering where I can find that. Thanks Right click on your toolbar, on the drop down pick Forms, should be there Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494386 ...

pst files and VPN issues
I'm looking for suggestions on how to configure .pst files for remote users who access a network using VPN. Due to the large size of these files (often over a gigabyte), Outlook's performance is seriously affected and often freezes during the archive process. What are your company's polices for remote users accessing .pst files and is there a way short of saving them locally to access them without affecting Outlook's performance? If the .pst has to be stored and backed up locally, does anyone have security advice for protecting .pst files with sensitive material? Encrypted f...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

Excel menus are locked when opening an XLS file using IE
A financial website (www.investors.com) is publishing daily an Excel spreadsheet. When I click on the link, Internet Explorer asks me whether I want to save the file or open the file. When I choose "Open" the Excel file shows up nicely in my browser ... the IE menus change to Excel menus. Problem: I can only use the File menu choices; the other menus are LOCKED. Why? I'm using Office XP on Windows 2000 Professional. At work I'm using Office 2002 and things work fine. Is this an Office XP issue, or is ther somewhere a setting that I have to teak? Any help is mu...

How to retrieve number of files
What's the correct way to retrieve the number of jpg files in a directory? Do I have to loop through each file, in order to count them up? >What's the correct way to retrieve the number of jpg files in a directory? >Do I have to loop through each file, in order to count them up? Yes - use FindFirstFile (or CFileFind) to filter on *.jpg and loop/count them. Dave Yes. use ::FindFirstFile/::FindNextFile/::FindClose or use the CFileFind class of MFC. joe On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 01:59:12 -0800, Charles Tam <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What's the ...

Scan for combo then insert row
I have a worksheet sorted by Columns D, E, and G. I am trying to create a macro that, starting in row 3, will scan every row in Columns D, E, and G for the following combination Column D = Sale Column E = Purchaser Column G = Solution When I find the last record of this combination (Column D/Sale), (Column E/Purchaser), (Column G/Solution) I would like to insert a row below the last combination. Can you help me? Try the following. Sub ScanCombinations() Dim i As Long Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") lngRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "D") ...

how do i create an action button in publisher?
ei am using publisher to creat email marketing publication and are looking to add interactive buttons. I have looked every where in the software, could not find it as easy as it is in powerpoint or access and excel? Is the function hidden somewhere? I have seen it used on one of the template in publisher, could someone help.I desperately need an answer. Please What kind of action to you want Publisher to perform when you click on said button? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "John" <John@discussio...

how to automate exporting excel worksheet to csv file
Looking for a way to create a macro or script to export the contents of an excel spreadsheet ( 6columns) to an ASCII comma separated file. I would like to be able to script this to run weekly. On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:23:43 -0500, "Bob" <rpl-erroroneous@goldengate.net> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >Looking for a way to create a macro or script to export the contents of an >excel >spreadsheet ( 6columns) to an ASCII comma separated file. >I would like to be able to script this to run weekly. With VBA, I would do it this way: someWorkBook.SaveAs Fil...

Outlook 2002 Since MSN Upgrade
I use Outlook 2002 with my Hotmail account. I have always had Outlook save a copy of Sent messages in the local PST Sent folder. Since the recent upgrade (last week) to MSN Hotmail, it seems Outlook will no longer save a copy of Sent Hotmail messages to the local PST Sent folder. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know how to resolve it other than regularly copying messages from the Hotmail Sent folder to the local PST Sent folder? ...

Excel "Insert Comment" Formatting
Hi, Windows XP Home Excel 2002 How can I format the "Insert Comment" .....(open Workbook > right click on a cell > left click > Insert Comment)......in my Excel worksheet? It opens now at Font Size 8. I would like it to open at a larger Font Size and also have the Insert Comment window saved at my chosen larger size (I know how to expand to a larger size but want to save it at that size for next time using Insert Comment in a different cell). Thank you, Larry Larry Start > settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance Tab > Advanced. Select...

the picture is too large and will be truncated #2
Hi, When i try to select an entire row and push the copy button. I'm getting the following error: "the picture is too large and will be truncated" There are no pictures in the selection!!(?) I work with Excel 2002 on Win xp prof. Somebody has an idea thanxs in advance greets, Van Steenbergen Jan See Jon Peltier's site about this error http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html This is the only KB obout this error This is for 2000 but check it out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318265&Product=xlw2K XL2000: Error Message: The P...

insert number in column #2
I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensions. I want to insert a digit before the three throughout the column as the extension has been increased to 4 digits. Any easy way.../ Thanks. AFD One way: In a blank column (say column H), enter H1: =1 & A1 or, if you want them as numbers rather than text: H1: =1000+A1 copy down as far as necessary. Select the column and copy it. Select the original column and choose Edit/Paste Special/Values. In article <Om6vrJpEIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote: &...

passing a nodeset into an xslt file.
hi all. i've been trying to pass a nodelist (!=nodeset??) from my c# application to some xsl transform to use. the xsl code is as follows: <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" exclude-result-prefixes="extern msxsl local xql" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:local="#local-functions" xmlns:xql="#xql-functions" xmlns:extern="urn:dottraffic:lnk"> <xsl:template match="/"> <span>1 <xsl:variable name="rrr" select="exte...

Compare two files and output results to third
I am trying to read a list of fields from one file, then compare them to a list in a second file. If the field I am comparing is the same, it reads a second field from the second file and then output the contents of the first file and then second field from the second file. For example, first file has three rows: A, B, C, D E, F, G, H Q, R, S, D Second file has two rows: D, 5 H, 1 When I run my script, I should get the following output: A, B, C, D, 5 E, F, G, H, 1 Q, R, S, D, 5 But what I am getting is: A, B, C, D E, F, G, H, 1 Q, R, S, D Here is the...

Re: combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Option Explicit > Sub Copy_them() > > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > > Application.ScreenUpdating = F...

Outlook 2002 keeps asking for login and password
I constantly keep getting the popup screen in Outlook asking for my login and password even though the box is checked to remember each of them. What is causing this and is a fix available? Tom wrote: > I constantly keep getting the popup screen in Outlook > asking for my login and password even though the box is > checked to remember each of them. What is causing this > and is a fix available? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B259416 -- G�rard gj.oomens@somso.demon.nl ...

Installation--broken or missing win.ini file
I have a new Dell XPS Studio 13 with Windows 7. I purchased Outlook 2007 separately. It worked fine for a month or so, then for no discernible reason I got a message "can't open Outlook Window." I looked for help online, but couldn't find anything on this for Windows 7. So I uninstalled and tried to re-install. However, during the re-install, I got a message that there is a missing or broken win.ini file, and the installation won't work. Any help appreciated. Please note that I am not a techie, so please keep responses as simple as possible (and ple...

Access 2000 File Format in Access 2003
Dear all, If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? Thx. Vensia On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:20:23 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new >feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? >Thx. there are many; however, are you deploying to users with Access 2000, or with Access 2003? The default format for your database is (normally) 200...

dll not able to insert data
i dont understand what went wrong with this code....i am not able to insert data....with my dll can anybody help me out there....pls I have include in project->setting->link->object/library module->c:/ .lib //This is dll function short setQuoteToDB(BSTR* strDateTimeStamp, short* intMarketNo, BSTR* strMarketName, BSTR* strBid, BSTR* strAsk, short...

Opening new files
Hello, I am using Excel 2000 (Windows Me). I would like to know how to open a file or worksheet in new window i.e. every file I open must apear in new window. Currently when I open a file it is being opened in the same window. Please help. Thank you. *CPP* ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ While working on a file; if you try to open a new file from excel then it will be opened in the same window. But if you find the file and double click on the file, ...