Insert New Page and Keep Formatting.

I have a few questions.

First, how do I insert a new page in a Newsletter and keep the formatting
changes I made to the text. For example I changed my font to different sizes,
but when I insert a new page it all resets back to the original newsletter
template default font size. How do I prevent this from happening?

Secondly, when I do insert a new page how do I add a calender? When I go to
Page Content it says that you cannot change page content to pages that were
INSERTED only the first 4 pages.

Thanks,

Matt
0
mjcxp (9)

mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> First, how do I insert a new page in a Newsletter and keep the
> formatting changes I made to the text. For example I changed my font
> to different sizes, but when I insert a new page it all resets back
> to the original newsletter template default font size. How do I
> prevent this from happening?

Format > Styles and Formatting.  Change your fonts there rather than on the
Formatting toolbar and the changes will be applied across the entire
publication.

> Secondly, when I do insert a new page how do I add a calender? When I
> go to Page Content it says that you cannot change page content to
> pages that were INSERTED only the first 4 pages.

Insert > Design Gallery Object?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/26/2005 8:05:07 PM
I tried that... it still RESETS the font everytime. Like Page 1 has Bullet 2
Font at say 10pt from the original 8 pt., but when I insert the new page it
resets back 8pt.

IT DOES THIS EVERYTIME AND IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > First, how do I insert a new page in a Newsletter and keep the
> > formatting changes I made to the text. For example I changed my font
> > to different sizes, but when I insert a new page it all resets back
> > to the original newsletter template default font size. How do I
> > prevent this from happening?
>
> Format > Styles and Formatting.  Change your fonts there rather than on the
> Formatting toolbar and the changes will be applied across the entire
> publication.
>
> > Secondly, when I do insert a new page how do I add a calender? When I
> > go to Page Content it says that you cannot change page content to
> > pages that were INSERTED only the first 4 pages.
>
> Insert > Design Gallery Object?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
mjcxp (9)
7/26/2005 8:16:07 PM
mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I tried that... it still RESETS the font everytime. Like Page 1 has
> Bullet 2 Font at say 10pt from the original 8 pt., but when I insert
> the new page it resets back 8pt.

I can't see why that would happen, although I don't normally use
wizard-generated publications.

I tried the following steps:

I created a new Accent Box Newsletter publication.
I changed the Style of the first story to List Bullet 2.
I then went to Format > Styles and Formatting.
I clicked the Down-Arrow that appeared when hovering over List Bullet 2 in
the Styles and Formatting Task Pane.
I clicked Modify.
I then clicked Font.
I selected Size, and entered 8pt.  It was originally 10.
I clicked OK twice.
The text I had selected to be List Bullet 2 changed to 8pt.
I then inserted two pages, setting them as Story.
I changed the style to List Bullet 2.  The text changed to bulletted, 8pt.

What am I doing that you aren't?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/26/2005 8:25:17 PM
Interesting, I am talking about the original pages. They all change too!

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I tried that... it still RESETS the font everytime. Like Page 1 has
> > Bullet 2 Font at say 10pt from the original 8 pt., but when I insert
> > the new page it resets back 8pt.
>
> I can't see why that would happen, although I don't normally use
> wizard-generated publications.
>
> I tried the following steps:
>
> I created a new Accent Box Newsletter publication.
> I changed the Style of the first story to List Bullet 2.
> I then went to Format > Styles and Formatting.
> I clicked the Down-Arrow that appeared when hovering over List Bullet 2 in
> the Styles and Formatting Task Pane.
> I clicked Modify.
> I then clicked Font.
> I selected Size, and entered 8pt.  It was originally 10.
> I clicked OK twice.
> The text I had selected to be List Bullet 2 changed to 8pt.
> I then inserted two pages, setting them as Story.
> I changed the style to List Bullet 2.  The text changed to bulletted, 8pt.
>
> What am I doing that you aren't?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
mjcxp (9)
7/26/2005 8:31:02 PM
Can I send you the file?

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > I tried that... it still RESETS the font everytime. Like Page 1 has
> > Bullet 2 Font at say 10pt from the original 8 pt., but when I insert
> > the new page it resets back 8pt.
>
> I can't see why that would happen, although I don't normally use
> wizard-generated publications.
>
> I tried the following steps:
>
> I created a new Accent Box Newsletter publication.
> I changed the Style of the first story to List Bullet 2.
> I then went to Format > Styles and Formatting.
> I clicked the Down-Arrow that appeared when hovering over List Bullet 2 in
> the Styles and Formatting Task Pane.
> I clicked Modify.
> I then clicked Font.
> I selected Size, and entered 8pt.  It was originally 10.
> I clicked OK twice.
> The text I had selected to be List Bullet 2 changed to 8pt.
> I then inserted two pages, setting them as Story.
> I changed the style to List Bullet 2.  The text changed to bulletted, 8pt.
>
> What am I doing that you aren't?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
mjcxp (9)
7/26/2005 8:33:19 PM
mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Can I send you the file?

Sure.

the UNDERSCORE nerd AT mvps DOT org

(Note: Do not post the corrected address to this newsgroup, as I posted it
like that for a reason)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/26/2005 8:58:06 PM
mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Can I send you the file?

I see the problem that you are experiencing now.

I would recommend creating two blank pages (Insert > Page > More > OK), and
copying/pasting layout from earlier pages.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/27/2005 2:45:01 PM
I sent you the file. If you add a page, I guarantee you the first page
formatting will get messed up! Thanks

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > Can I send you the file?
>
> Sure.
>
> the UNDERSCORE nerd AT mvps DOT org
>
> (Note: Do not post the corrected address to this newsgroup, as I posted it
> like that for a reason)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
mjcxp (9)
7/27/2005 2:46:06 PM
When I insert new pages it messes up the formatting on the first page.... I
am about to give up. I tried opening a new publication and just selecting all
and copying the page and bringing it to the new publication by pasting, but
that was a total disaster the colors changed and it was to big to fit on the
page for some reason.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > Can I send you the file?
>
> I see the problem that you are experiencing now.
>
> I would recommend creating two blank pages (Insert > Page > More > OK), and
> copying/pasting layout from earlier pages.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
mjcxp (9)
7/27/2005 2:56:03 PM
Maybe I should just Duplicate a Page. and then go to the other pages to make
the calendar and copy it over to the new pages... I will see if that works...

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > Can I send you the file?
>
> I see the problem that you are experiencing now.
>
> I would recommend creating two blank pages (Insert > Page > More > OK), and
> copying/pasting layout from earlier pages.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
mjcxp (9)
7/27/2005 3:01:03 PM
Actually nevermind what you said works like a CHARM! Thanks Ed Bennett!!!

"mjcxp" wrote:

> When I insert new pages it messes up the formatting on the first page.... I
> am about to give up. I tried opening a new publication and just selecting all
> and copying the page and bringing it to the new publication by pasting, but
> that was a total disaster the colors changed and it was to big to fit on the
> page for some reason.
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
> > mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> > utter:
> > > Can I send you the file?
> >
> > I see the problem that you are experiencing now.
> >
> > I would recommend creating two blank pages (Insert > Page > More > OK), and
> > copying/pasting layout from earlier pages.
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
mjcxp (9)

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

PAGE SIZE DIFFICULTY
WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >-----Original Message----- >WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. >COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >. > Choose Page setup from the File drop down menu and set the page size to suit your needs. Note that elements on the page do not change. You will have to rearrange to suit. MISS2728 wrote: > WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION RE...

Heading at top of page
Working in Word 2003, I put two spaces between a paragraph and the next 'heading 2'. This works fine until the 'heading 2' spills on to the next page. There is then two spaces gap at the top of the page. Is there a way to tell word to keep the heading at the top of the page if it spills over? Don't want to put in a hard page break. Thanks Jon. -- j4k How are you creating the spacing? If you are pressing Enter twice, then don't. Use Spacing Before instead (Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

is it posible to keep the quick launch icons in a specific layout?
I have moved the task bar tot he right side of the screen. I have a number of applications which I have 'loaded' onto the quick launch section of the task bar. Now, aside from the fact that Microsoft seems to have different icons for it's products in Vista and XP (and the confusion that is causing), is the small minor detail that the vista task bar seems to reorganize at random. I've set up two columns of icons, with tasks "lumped" together in rows according to my own preferences. (mail washer next to the email program, the MP3 tag program next to ...

Format for credit card numbers

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

difficult format
I want to format a code like this: ##.0001.## so then i push it down and gives me 0002 and so on, the other ## r numbers. The problem is that when i do that, it sums in the last two numbers instead of what i want, so i ask if it is possible to format like this: (text)##.(number)0001.(text)## so it guives me the sum of number then do what i want. if it is possible how ca i do that? Thanks You can try this, starting in row 1: ="##."&TEXT(ROW(),"0000")&".##" You'll have to adjust the "Row()" number when starting in any other row. For example,...

Formula to display nearest following Thursday in mm/dd/yyyy format
Hello, I have been reading and trying different suggestions here to no avail. What I need is a formula to calculate the nearest following thursday, and display it in mm/dd/yyyy format. To be clear, I have a column of varying dates. I need a formula to return the next thursday for each of those dates. To illustrate, say I have 05/22/2010, 05/23/201, 05/24/2010, & 05/26/2010 in cells A1 through A4. In cells B1 through B4, I would like to see 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, & 05/27/2010 representing the following thursday. Thank you for your help! BW T...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

Printing problem in booklet format

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

vb date and ssn textbox formats
Ok, so maybe I am crazy...but I have checked "Visual Basic 6 how t program", and "Visual basic 5 teach yourself in 24 hrs" for and exampl or how to format a text box on a user form to accept and display date and Social Security Numbers in the specified format. Thanks Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Date TextBox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") SSNs TextBox1.Text = Format(mySSN, "000-00-0000") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mai...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

Difference between Publish and Save As Web Page in Excel 2002
I am trying to find aout the differences between using the Publish button in Save as Web Page and using Save in there. I have seen that when I use Save, it saves the Named ranges as bookmarks where Publish saves them as cell references. Can you tell me why and if there are any other differences I may need to know Hi, when you publish, the result can be viewed as an excel web page, whereas if you "save as web page", it just makes an xml sheet. Save As only allows one sheet in the workbook whereas publish allows more. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I am trying t...

How do I save multiple pages in a single .tif file?
I have 30 pages in a visio file that I want to share using the tif format. How can I save all 30 pages in a singe .tif document. ...