Input Dialog for Image Overlay and Auto Duplication of Certain Obj

I am fairly new to Publisher so I am sure there is a way to accomplish the
following, I just have not figured it out yet.

I work as an Imagery analyst looking at overhead commercial satellite
imagery.  These images are used to create annotated products that have an
overlay with basic information like date and time of image, coordinates of
the image that is being displayed, copyright information etc.  To help
automate the process of creating these products, I would like to add an input
dialog that asks for several key peices of information that will be inserted
into Textboxes at certain places on the overlay.  In word this can be done
simply by adding the Fillin field, but there does not seem to be a similar
function in Publisher.  Any help would be appreciated.

On another note, I would also love to figure out how to copy the Marginalia
(all of the template textboxes mentioned above) onto the next page and have
them be the top layer.  Adding these objects to the Master page keeps them
under the image when it is added.  Sure, you can go Insert > Page and click
duplicate a page, but then you have to bother with deleting the image on the
new page and getting rid of the old marginalia.  My thanks to any who respond.

Cory
0
Cory (26)

Sorry, I almost forgot.  I am using Publisher 2002 if that would make any
difference inyour responses.

Cory

"Cory" previously wrote:

> I am fairly new to Publisher so I am sure there is a way to accomplish the
> following, I just have not figured it out yet.
>
> I work as an Imagery analyst looking at overhead commercial satellite
> imagery.  These images are used to create annotated products that have an
> overlay with basic information like date and time of image, coordinates of
> the image that is being displayed, copyright information etc.  To help
> automate the process of creating these products, I would like to add an input
> dialog that asks for several key peices of information that will be inserted
> into Textboxes at certain places on the overlay.  In word this can be done
> simply by adding the Fillin field, but there does not seem to be a similar
> function in Publisher.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> On another note, I would also love to figure out how to copy the Marginalia
> (all of the template textboxes mentioned above) onto the next page and have
> them be the top layer.  Adding these objects to the Master page keeps them
> under the image when it is added.  Sure, you can go Insert > Page and click
> duplicate a page, but then you have to bother with deleting the image on the
> new page and getting rid of the old marginalia.  My thanks to any who respond.
>

> Cory
0
Cory (26)
12/20/2006 4:52:01 AM
Have you tried call-outs in autoshapes?
Hold shift and select only those objects you want to copy. If you select the old
Marginalia, insert the new, it will replace the image.

Help here for Publisher 2002

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100649131033.aspx?CTT=96&Origin=CL100632931033

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Cory" <Cory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am fairly new to Publisher so I am sure there is a way to accomplish the
> following, I just have not figured it out yet.
>
> I work as an Imagery analyst looking at overhead commercial satellite
> imagery.  These images are used to create annotated products that have an
> overlay with basic information like date and time of image, coordinates of
> the image that is being displayed, copyright information etc.  To help
> automate the process of creating these products, I would like to add an input
> dialog that asks for several key peices of information that will be inserted
> into Textboxes at certain places on the overlay.  In word this can be done
> simply by adding the Fillin field, but there does not seem to be a similar
> function in Publisher.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> On another note, I would also love to figure out how to copy the Marginalia
> (all of the template textboxes mentioned above) onto the next page and have
> them be the top layer.  Adding these objects to the Master page keeps them
> under the image when it is added.  Sure, you can go Insert > Page and click
> duplicate a page, but then you have to bother with deleting the image on the
> new page and getting rid of the old marginalia.  My thanks to any who respond.
>

> Cory

0
mary-sauer (6480)

report creating a fake duplicate
The query from which the report is created has no duplicates. But the last record in each group is duplicating itself. I need any direction to removing this. NB: the report has grouped records appearing in 8 rows per group. The error only occures when the group has 7 records. This is one of those questions that baffle most of us because reports just don't do this without some help from the designer. You must learn how to trouble-shoot. For instance: 1) add a text box to the detail section with a control source of =1 and runing sum set to Over Group. See what this produces...

auto fill row with dates
I want to create a column that automatically fills with dates and I want to insert columns for homework assignments in as well. the problem is getting it to only place dates that are school days and being able to skip columns that have the homework assignments in them. If anyone has an idea it would be appreciated. It would probably be VERY helpful if you could give us exact for-instances. Such as, I want to fill column A, C, and D with dates beginning with the 2nd row, and running for 30 days... something like that. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "tdennis14"...

stop duplicate mail
Using Outlook 2000, have two profiles setup, both getting mail from a POP3 server and then saved to .pst file. I have one profile I use in the office and one while out of the office. The profile I use out of the office I have the 'leave on server' checked, the obvious reason is I have no way to back up while out of office. Annoyingly when I return to the office and start outlook with my office profile, it downloads all the messages again, this seems sensible enough as I have checked the box, is there a setting so that I do not re-download messages already in my inbox ?? Thanks. I ...

Images gone when tracking in CRM (red cross)
Whenever I track an email from Outlook into CRM (and view te Regarding) everything seems okay. Now when I check the History afterwards in CRM the images are all red crosses. How to solve this? It means that email is not resolved to any existing record , either record (contact , account) doesnt exist or there are multiple occurance of record , which confuses Track in CRM and its come up with red question mark. If you click on that red ? then you would be able to resolve it to either existing record or with a new record. /Aamir I'm not talking questionmarks for resolving here... ...

can i input info in excell one page at a time instead of seeing .
i am new to using excell and my accountant has created a spead sheet for me , i was wondering can i set up a page so that the information i enter is done on its own page and then put in the speadsheet behind the scenes a bit like entering you contact details then it creates a address book Hi, Sure you can , you will need to be more specific on what you want to do, an example will help "barry" wrote: > i am new to using excell and my accountant has created a spead sheet for me , > i was wondering can i set up a page so that the information i enter is done > on its own ...

Auto CC when sent to a particular external account
We have an Exchange server 2003. We want to copy all emails sent to a particular external email account to an internal mailbox. This is so to monitor all requests made to our providers. In Example. We have an internal mailbox named purchasing with the address purchasing@ourdomain.com We want all emails sent to sales@providerA.com to be automatically copied to the purchasing@ourdomain.com email address and also sent to the original recipient. And we want to do this centralized so any time we add/remove/update providers we can modify this without the need of creating/modifying rules a...

Dialog contents not showing
**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com **** Hi I have a problem with a modeless dialog window. I want to display this dialog while my application is busy doing other things. So I just call dialog.ShowWindow (SW_SHOW) after creating it and hide it when the application has finished processing. However, the contents of the dialog are not visible at all, although I can see the dialog borders and title. Can anyone help me please? Ephedrah -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet...

Auto Reply to emails with attachments only
How can I set up an auto reply only to emails that have an attachment in Outlook 2007? Thanks. RK Seems like somebody (you?) asked this very same question here just an hour and a half later. Anyhow, Diane already answered it - use the Rules Wizard, but beware that messages with images in the signature (for example) may trigger that rule too. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "RK...

input a multi-section WORD doc file
Office Depot says they prefer to print workbooks from Publisher. I am tying to input a multi-section WORD doc file to Publisher. When I input a 100 page multi-section (chapter) doc file, with many figures into a booklet in Publisher, the WORD sections disappear thereby changing the footers, header and page numbers.Also many figures are moved. Some appear on top of the others. Any suggestions ? They're requesting Publisher instead of Word? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "put" <jlane-d...

Auto Delete Policy Anyone?
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 within a single mailbox storage setup + W2k3 Domain Question: How do I go about setting up an auto delete emails older than 30 days policy to the entire organization? Any help would me greatly appreciated! Thanks Vik Hi Vik First I'm replying to you in microsoft.public.exchange.admin, please do not cross post message for no reason. You can do this simply enough. Go in Exchange System Manager (ESM) Expand Recipients and then click on Recipient Policies Right click the Default recipient Policies and select Change Property pages on the dialog box se...

Workflow Rule Auto Email Case When Open or Closed not working
I have created the workflow rules to Email the Customer as well as copy the owner of the Case when the case is opened or closed. They have been activated and the Open workflow rule was working but now it is not. I keep readiong about importing the work flow rules, How do I do that or what further step do I have to take once the rules are created and activated? ...

after input, IF THEN to compare 2 #s & select answer fm a table
Using Word 2003, I would like to create a cell in a table. I want the user to enter a number in the cell. I want word to reference another table and find the cell or row where that number fits in. Example: I have a table with four cells. Cell A1 has 1-10 in it. Cell A2 has 11-20 in it. Cell B1 has 'YES' in it, and cell B2 has 'NO' in it. Then, I have another table or possibly, I add a row below the first table. It has three cells. In cell A1 I have text reading: Enter a number between 1 and 20. Cell B1 is where the number will be entered. Cell C1 is wh...

inserting images
When inserting an image into a bound object frame I get the image name, not the actual image. I am doing this: --right-click --insert object --create from file --Browse to find the image file I have tried this with and without checkmarking the "link" option. Any help would be very appreciated- Betsy On May 7, 6:48 am, betw...@gmail.com wrote: > When inserting an image into a bound object frame I get the image > name, not the actual image. I am doing this: > > --right-click > --insert object > --create from file > --Browse to find the image file > > ...

Auto-Scale of X-Axis to NOT start at 0
Hi, I've got a dynamically changing x-axis range of values. If you choose one option (option button) the x-axis goes from 0-60, option two it goes to 80-140, option 3 it goes from 160-200. However, for those graphs on options 2 and 3, it always manages to display the graph from 0, which I don't particularly like, as 3/4 of the graph is wasted on white space. Is there a way to properly auto-scale the x-axis to the limits (or just outside) of the x-axis data array? I don't particularly want to record a macro for this... Many thanks Phil ...

Antigen 8.0
Hi all. I've used other products which allowed an LDAP lookup to be done at the mail gateway and the message to be deleted -- without scanning and without NDR -- if "to:" address does not exist in the Domain. I cannot find any information on how to do this with Antigen. I'd appreciate any information anyone may be able to provide. Here's the info on my server: Version: 8.00.1517 (Licensed) Service Release: 3 Licensed Components: Component License Type Expiration Date ASM Subscription 1-JUL-2007 Antigen Subscription 1-JUL-2007 Antigen Mode: VSA...

Auto time recording in another cell for data entered in one
I need to record the time any data is entered in a cell of a particula coloumn. Example: In coloumn A if data is entered in cell A10 the automatically current time is recorded in cell N10. If there is any macro for this then pls let me know -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may also have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to record the time any data is entered in a cell of a > particular coloumn. Example: In coloumn A if data is entered in cell > A10 then automatically current time i...

Sum of row until you reach a certain amount
I want to add columns A2 through P2 until it equals the total in cell A1 Once the total would be met it would zero out the remainder of the cells. For Example: Cell A1 = 30 Cell A2 = 14 Cell B2 = 15 Cell C2 = 16 Cell D2 = 17 etc. (All the way to P2 which equals 29) In the end I need: Cell A3 to equal 14 Cell B3 to equal 29, (A2+B2) But we still need to add as we have not reached 30. Cell C3 to equal 30, (A2+B2+C2) Because we only need 1 more to total to 30 Cells D4 to P4 to equal 0 as we have equaled or matched Cell A1 which is 30 I hope you can help! Andman Hi Andman assuming D4:P4 ...

Dialog box and opening an excel file
Hi, Im far from an expert user, so il need someones expertise in thi matter. I suspect its rather easy to solve. Ive created a dialog box in an excel file. The box contains certai buttons with simple macros so i can navigate throgh the document. want to have the dialog box open automaticly when i open the file. Ho do I do this ??? Please help me! /JS Denmar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: you can create a macro name 'Auto_Open()'. This will be invoked automatically then opening your workbook. Insert your code to activate your dialog box in this proc...

Shading Certain cells
i am doing a timesheet that has the date in the first column and the relivant day in the second column using =text(A1,"ddd") because sat, sun are non working days want the row in the sheet to be shaded in grey. The sat and sun change position with different months so the formatting has to be linked to whether it has Sat or Sun in the cell. My sheet is also only up to column L and down to row 37. Hi Have a look at Format / Conditional Formatting. You can use Cell Value is . .. .equal to . . . ="Sat" -- Andy. "ExcelDummie" <ExcelDummie@discussions.microsof...

Color Dialog Revisited
I am trying to get the ChooseColor dialog with the Help button turned on to allow me to pop up a box when the ChooseColor Help button is clicked. Yes I know it needs a hook but I cannot find anything anywhere about how to do this. I tried using the Hook for a positioning code sample but my attempts simply blew up the IDE. I though I UnHooked properly but I guess not. I know the basics of Hook and UnHook but not sure how to implement that and what to look for to see that the Help button has been pushed in the callback. Does anyone have sample code or a link to an example? Thi...

How to show selected item in CtreeCtrl whith disabled input?
Hi, Is there a way to have a tree ctrl show the currently item while the input to the control is disabled? By default the selected item color is the same as control's background when disabled (i.e. gray). Or, as an alternative, can the input to the control be disabled without calling EnableWindow(FALSE)? Thanks, Bogdan You would probably have to use a custom-draw tree control. Then you can do anything you want. joe On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:46:40 -0400, "bogdan" <bogdan@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to have a tree ctrl show the currently...

Cleaning the dialog area after changing image
I have an area in a dialog that contains images. Since the rect is not the same in all of the images(for a purpose), when a big image changes to a smaller one, around the smaller one we still can see the bigger. How can I clean this area? Thanks a lot Liat On the dialog window, use RedrawWindow() with flag RDW_ERASE - Parhar "Liat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C822C1D-6B8C-4701-8FA6-D6B706EE0FE9@microsoft.com... > I have an area in a dialog that contains images. > Since the rect is not the same in all of the images(for a purpose), wh...

Auto Reply #17
Does outlook have a feature where you can send an auto- reply to emails while you are on vacation? If so, how do you set it up? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does outlook have a feature where you can send an auto- > reply to emails while you are on vacation? If so, how do > you set it up? If you're attached to an Exchange server, you use the Outy Of Office Assistant under the Tools menu. Otherwise, see http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Menu on my dialog based application.
How do i attach a menu to my dialog based application? Bredal, You create a menu and add it to the dialog in the resource editor - the Dialog Properties box, General tab, Menu dropdown. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:uaoAY9ulEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > How do i attach a menu to my dialog based application? > > Whilst this adds a menu, as it stands you do not get those handy OnUpdate...()'s for your menu items. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=k...

Outlook 2003 Auto Correct
I have recently upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000 The spell check seems to work differently now. For example when doing a manual spell check (highlighting text or not) by pressing F7 it does not suggest corrections for all misspelled words, it does find some but misses others. When I go to send the e-mail the check before sending finds other misspelled words and suggests replacements. Also the auto correct does not seem to be working. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks ...