Incomplete service pack installation stops publisher 2003 setup

I've upgraded by version of win xp home to xp pro. All
fine and good so far. However, when installing SP1A my
usb optical mouse doesn't work. Microsoft have said its
an unfortunate problem so remove SP1A. I did that.
However, when installing publisher 2003 or trying anyway
I get an error message saying "Setup has detected an
incomplete Windows XP service pack installation on your
computer. Office will not run properly until this update
has been completed."

Does anyone have any idea how to either remove the
service pack completely or trick the installation into
thinking that the service pack is fully installed?

Many thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> However, when installing publisher 2003 or trying anyway
> I get an error message saying "Setup has detected an
> incomplete Windows XP service pack installation on your
> computer. Office will not run properly until this update
> has been completed."

I would suggest asking this question in a Windows newsgroup, as this problem
is with a Windows XP service pack, and is not to do with Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Office installation and Windows 7

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

Check out that pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--llhgxblnry Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="broryxkaxlyu"; type="multipart/alternative" --broryxkaxlyu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sugmntysaz" --sugmntysaz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2006, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerab...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization