In Publisher, why is the hyphenation feature "grayed-out."

After I select tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, thus
unavailable for my use. Anyone know why?

0
KSF (3)

KSF <KSF@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> After I select tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, thus
> unavailable for my use. Anyone know why?

Do you have some text selected?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/19/2005 9:54:23 PM
Do you have the cursor in a text box?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"KSF" <KSF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I select tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, thus
> unavailable for my use. Anyone know why?

0
gsauer (5093)

I need a symbol but "symbol" in the Insert menu is grayed-out.
I upgraded to Office Professional for XP. In Excel I need a symbol, but it is grayed out in the Insert Menu and won't work. Their instructions say it will, but it won't. What can I do to activate symbol? Nothappy Couple of possibles. If the worksheet is Protected or Shared, the Insert>Symbol is unavailable. Have a look under Tools>Share Workbook and Tools>Protection. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 2 May 2005 14:46:06 -0700, "Nothappy" <Nothappy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I upgraded to Office Professional for XP. In Excel I need a symbol, but...

After I select tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, thus unavailable for my use. Anyone know why? KSF <KSF@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > After I select tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, thus > unavailable for my use. Anyone know why? Do you have some text selected? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Do you have the cursor in a text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KSF" <KSF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...