In-Line Graphics in Pub2002

I have a group of several objects that I want to float
with text.  The option to do this is grayed out when the
objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and
float them separately.  Is there any way around this?

Thx
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi SLS (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I have a group of several objects that I want to float
|| with text.  The option to do this is grayed out when the
|| objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and
|| float them separately.  Is there any way around this?

You could group the objects, Right Click on the group of objects and choose
Copy, then go to Edit > Paste Special and paste as a picture, turning the
group of objects into one single object.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Integrating Comment Lines
Currently I am populating SOP Transaction Entry comment lines 1, 2 and 3 by padding the strings to 50 characters because using string1 & vbcrlf & string2 etc. did not work. How can I insert the strings into each line without padding? Is there some other way to create a hard return between each string to accomplish? ...

1st line needs to be just the name no # in beginning, how?
I just typed a list of names and other information from line 1 to line 30. I also have the heading on top of each column. That line also has a number 1 in the front, how can I start the 2nd line as number 1, which is actually the first person in the list, and then 1 to 30 down the list etc etc. I know it is probably very easy to do, but I have a block, a mental block right now. How do I change things, please have mercy and let me know.......Peter If you already have a blank column ready for the numbers then great, but if not then just select Col A and do Insert / Columns. Now in cell A2 p...

Outlook 2003
I'm trying to create a VBA script that will be executed via the command line (I'm integrating into another application, it's my only option) What I would like to do is create a VBA script that will have it's variables set via the command line, but cannot find the code. Is it possible? more or less something along the lines of : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe" /c ipm.note /altvba otmfilename -v1=string or ?v1=string Is something like this possible by defining it in the subroutines? eg. Sub CreateOutlookTask(v1 as String) The mai...

How can I save an excel 2007 chart in a vector graphics format?
I need to be able to take charts from excel (preserving the vector format) and save them as EPS files. I tried copying a chart and pasting it in Adobe Illustrator, but the legend seems to get broken up and repositioning all the parts is a major pain. Is there a better way? thanks, Kit Neel engineering graduate student kit_neel@gatech.edu There is no direct way to export an Excel chart in EPS format. How did you copy it into Illustrator? You can try various approaches. You could copy as a chart, then paste it, and I presume Illustrator will then have a means to convert it into its con...

How to synchronize data with off-line db
What do you do if you have a project database on a server but you have field technicians recording data at a site where they are not connected to the company intranet? So now they record data on an Excel spreadsheet on a hand held or laptop that is not connected but Isn't there a way to synchronize the data? Do you write stored procedures or update queries to pull in the data from a local copy of the access database once they are back on line? Hi Janis This is taken from an answer I gave to a simaler probelm a while ago. ______________________________________________ DO NOT use a K...

Word 2007 line count
Where is the line count recorded in Word 2007? Thanks! What do you mean by "recorded"? If you want to add line numbers to your pages, go to Page Layout tab, Page Setup group, Line Numbers. If you want to see what line you're in as you type, right-click on the Status Bar (bottom of the document window) and check it (and other useful things) on the list that appears. (This appears to show only the line on the present page, not a cumulative total.) On Jan 15, 2:50=A0pm, Siouxzqmc <Siouxz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where is the line count record...

Cell grid lines won't show up, and have box checked
I imported a file from Quattro Pro. The data looks fine but the cell grid lines don't show up, and I have the grid line box checked under format/display. Any ideas? How about in: <Tools> <Options> <View> tab, And under "Window Options", make sure "Gridlines" *IS* checked, *AND*, the color is "Automatic". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Need to save a bitmap in some standard graphics file format
Hello, I have bitmaps (they are specialized CD labels) that I construct in a DC, and I need to then be able to write them in some standard graphics file format so they can be imported by typical CD printing software. There are no images in these bitmaps, only text, lines and arcs. So I am looking for an easy, quick way to save these bitmaps to a suitable file. I was thinking .PNG might be the right choice, but I'm open to whatever works. This is for an in-house utility so quick and easy is especially important. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks. BTW, I really do have to gene...

Remove GUID From Email Subject Line
I have version 1.2 installed and have complaints that our emails are being bounced because of the GUID on the subject line is being interpited as spam. I have heard that there is an option to not have it included on emails but I can not find the code or instructions to make it happen. From what I have read it seems simple and you would think in 1.2 it would be a config option. I have searched the newsgroups and online but the only references I can find require a login which I do not have. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and a CTEC but not an MBS Partner which seems different since none ...

jpg picture files - turn to graphics
Why does my jpg files change to a bitmap files once I pulbish the page to the web. The pictures look painted. covered on the FAQ - http://www.davidbartosik.com/faq.htm also in the future visit the web forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign for your Publisher web issues. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "jenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3b7d01c42a37$a5a442b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Why does my jpg files change to a bitmap files once I &...

Report print preview varies from output (graphics/formatting)
I created a report off of an existing form. In so doing, it carried over the graphics and sunken formatting of cells, etc. This formatting is visible in the report print preview on the FE DB copies, but the print out varies by each FE user's PCs. I want the graphics to print as displayed on all FEs. I think the problem may be related to the print set up on each user's PC, but I can't seem to find or resolve the problem. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200706/1 ...

The Webpage you requested is not available off line.
I use Windows Vista Home Premium and Int. Explorer 8. When I sign into my ISP I get the following message: “The webpage you requested is not available off line.” How can I eliminate this message? Thanks, Jerry 6/8/10 On 08 Jun 2010, =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?= <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I use Windows Vista Home Premium and Int. Explorer 8. > > When I sign into my ISP I get the following message: “The > webpage you requested is not available off line.” > > How can I eliminate this message?...

How do I had a Bcc: line to Outlook 2002
How do I add a Bcc: line to Outlook 2002? I looked every where to no avail. George View-> BCC Field when you have Outlook as the e-mail editor Little arrow on the Options... button when you have Wordas the e-mail editor -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "George" <santulli@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:1bf5301c45231$2cf2a0b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I add a Bcc: line to Outlook 2002? > I looked every where to no avail. > George...

scatter chart insists on plotting as a line chart
Excel 2003: had 2002 version. Data plotted correctly. Next time I opened file, data displayed as a series rather than a scatter chart, though the data range fields for x and y coordinates display the proper ranges. Tried rearranging my data into adjacent columns, creating new charts and ranges, upgrading to 2003 Excel, changing chart into other types and back again...am I missing a primary concept? ...

Outlook 2003 /nopreview command line switch
Hi, MS Office help says following: /nopreview Starts Outlook with the Reading Pane off and removes the option from the View menu. When I start my Outlook 2003 with /nopreview switch it turns Reading Pane off but does NOT remove the option from the View menu. Q: What should I do to remove this option from the menu? Thanks, Riad ...

Coloring Alternate lines
I want to color columns A to E on every other line. I can't find an ISEVEN or ISINTEGER function, so how do I do That in VB? Thanks, Jim Berglund I'm getting a Next without For error in the following code, and can't figure out why... BTW, If I get this fixed, will this code work for coloring alternate lines? Jim Sub SortAndColor() Dim q, i As Long With ActiveSheet .Rows("1:1").Delete Shift:=xlUp q = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row .Sort.SortFields.Clear .Sort.SortFields.A...

Truncating subject line
Is it possible to truncate the subject line to less than 256 characters? There is no way to configure this via the interface. I imagine that it would be possible to create a transport event sink but that would be a complex solution. Can you explain why you need to do this? Nue "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:889FDFCB-3317-474B-B283-CAFEF52BACF7@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to truncate the subject line to less than 256 characters? > > My backup software does not support subject line lengths greater than 255 characters. I&#...

Remove Group Box border lines (without using macro)?
Is there a non-macro solution to removing the Group Box border lines? If not, a macro solution would also be appreciated, but as it is going into a multi-user form, I don't want to scare the users with macro warnings. ;) Thank you! -Meghan I don't think you can do this except via a macro. But you could run the macro to hide those borders and release the workbook with no macros. In fact, you don't even need a macro--just just need the code. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window type this in and hit enter: activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false ...

Default the Sorting of the PO Line Items
Anyone know if there is a way to default the sort order of the Purchase Order line items? I don't see any XML commands in the po.xml file that sort the PO line items. They basically want it to always sort by Item Description. Why is it that important? Because when they send to fax it sorts in the default order and not by Item Description. Thanks for your help, Bradley ...

Vertical line width on report
I have got vertical lines in my reports where I want them using me.line method. Print Preview looks good, exactly as I wanted, but when I actually print, the lines are extremely faint, barely noticeable even. Is there any way to increase the width or make the lines thicker? Check the BorderWidth property. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Robbro" <Robbro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DCF709C-6FDB-4522-AF41-42A513383521@microsoft.com... >I have got vertical lines in my reports...

not receiving graphics or active x files
I upgraded recently and suddenly now instead of receiving pics, etc embedded in my email I only receive a little red x. I use Vueprint also and nothing seems to open them. The odds of me finding this site again is against all odds so please email me @ katym1968@msn.com I am running windows98. ...

move the origin of the RMA to the line item
Adding additional line items after picking an invoice. If you select an invoice first, then you cannot select items that were not on the original invoice If you select an RMA that has an origin of a sales invoice, only items that originated on the selected invoice are available for return. Again, you would need to create an additional RMA document for these additional returned items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

100% stacked with line on secondary axis
I've got a 8 series chart. 7series make up the 100% stacked column. wanna show the 8th series as line on a secondary axis with values no as percentages. I've done it before but can't remember how, still have the chart but i shows no clue. Copied the 8th series to chart and it shows in legend but i can't ge right combination to show the actual series in the chart. Can anyone advise. Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After adding the 8th serie selected and right click and select chart type (line) then go to format data series - >axis ->and select s...

Stacked Line Chart - Excel 2007
When I make a stacked line chart with two series, each point in the 2nd series appears to have a value that's twice of its' actual value. I attribute this to the separation of the two series. Is there any way to control this? thanks, Harry In a stacked chart, the second data series is essential added to the first. Suppose I have Day East West Mon 10 12 The East point will be plotted at 10 units above the x-axis and the West will be 22 units (10+12) - it is plotted 12 above the East point. If you want it plotted at 12 above the axis do NOT use stacked best ...

Re: Entourage crashes with a certain subject line or email address
On 2/10/10 7:22 AM, in article C7987FBA.281F%aph@misnet.co.uk, "Alex Hammerstein" <aph@misnet.co.uk> wrote: > Is it good housekeeping to delete the old identity? Yes, I suggest using Switch Identity to delete. This will automatically delete the Spotlight cache files too. Otherwise you'll need to manually delete the cache files. "YOUR USER FOLDER/Library/Caches/Metadata/Microsoft/Entourage" Glad everything is working again. -- Diane [Note: I cannot reply to messages that are posted on Mactopia forums then pushed to the newsgroups. I can ...