In-Line Graphics in Pub2002

I have a group of several objects that I want to float
with text.  The option to do this is grayed out when the
objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and
float them separately.  Is there any way around this?

Thx
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi SLS (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I have a group of several objects that I want to float
|| with text.  The option to do this is grayed out when the
|| objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and
|| float them separately.  Is there any way around this?

You could group the objects, Right Click on the group of objects and choose
Copy, then go to Edit > Paste Special and paste as a picture, turning the
group of objects into one single object.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

how do i get a line drawing from a colour photo?
Since installing vista i cant run MS Picture it, a program that was useful to me cos of the effects I could achieve ie pastel, water colour, oils etc. Does MS publisher have the same facilities? Chiefly can I produce a black line drawing from a colour photo? Alternatively is there some way I can install MS Picture it with a bridging tool? or is there a new version of Picture it or silimar I could buy? Thanks D No, Picture It was a completely different program and is no longer produced. I really like Adobe Photshop Elements. (They might even have a free trial.) It will do what you a...

Survey Web Part Graphical View Width--how to control
Hi, if you create a survey web part with one question, and change the default view to Graphical Summary, it ends up being a nice "quick poll" on your site. However, the width is too wide and I can't seem to see any properties to control it effectively, Changing the width property doesn't seem to help. Anyone else using the Survey web part as a quick poll and tips on controlling the Width? Thanks in advance, ...

Bar graph to line graph
I am trying to redo a chart by looking at a scanned image on excell. It's a line graph. The 4th options under standard graphs. But, then I went to Custom Types and the graph I need is the B&W Column but it turns my graph into a bar graph. I need it to stay as a Line graph. Does anyone know what I can do too change that? Thx, dmk If you want a line graph, why do you say that the one you need is the B&W Column? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "DMK" &l...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

Contracts and Contract Lines not funcional
I have seen one thing that seems a bug: I copy a contract of CONTOSO Company. I change in new contract, so that it refers to "ACME", instead to CONTOSO: service customer as well as billing customer. When I go to contract lines, they still have CONTOSO. Does it have any sense? Why Contract lines have also customer data. I thing this should be normalized, and only hold this information in contract header. -- Pablo Igualada Evotec Consulting SL www.evotec.es/crm Which version are you on. I'm on 4.0 and I can see the contract lines also change to the new customer. SS &q...

Line Spacing & hyperlink
1. The content of cells in worksheet shows like a double line spaced contents. When I try to make heights of that cell lower, the part of the contents gets disappeared. Can I type the contents in a cell in single line space, or double line space like in MS Word? How? 2. When I hyperlink a cell with a file in C:\My documents\Arrears.xls, and click the cell, the error flashes "Can not open a specified file". But other files in c:\My docuements can open by hyperlinking. What may be the problem with that particular file Arrears.xls? -- Knowldege is Power #1. You can make the ro...

Why do I have lines printing across my image on my brochure?
I have used a brochure template that has a "mask" in the background. When I print it, there are lines going horizontally across it. If I remove the mask, and print only the text and photos, the lines disapear. What can I do to remove the lines? You didn't specify what type printer you have, but from the description of the problem it sounds like an inkjet printer with inadequate ink flow due to either a low ink condition or a clogged print head. Can you provide more information? -- Ron "janice" <janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Blank Subject line, sender and body
I have been getting several e-mail's a day with no body, no sender address and no text. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or filter it? Thanks ...

Write a line in a text file with quotes in it
Hi All. I need to write a line in a text file that contains quotes I need the output to be: "NotifyRouterUpdate"="EM" I've tried encapsulating the entire string in another set of qoutes: filetxt.WriteLine (""NotifyRouterUpdate" = "EM"") but I am getting an error: Compile Error: Expected: list seperator or ) Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201001/1 cdiaz1116 via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I need to write a line in a text file that...

plotting a single line graph
I want to make a graph plotting points every 4 minutes on a horizontal axis while plotting breathe per minute during exercise on a vertical axis. ...

Line Chart values appearing at wrong place
Hi, I have some values as below. The max scale is 10. But values for H, G are showing at point 10, though the values are 2.4 & 0.3 etc. What is the problem. Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep A 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.7 B 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.4 C 0.0 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 D 4.4 4.4 4.4 4.6 4.6 4.6 E 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 F 2.0 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5 G 0.0 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 H 2.4 2.4 2.4 2.4 2.4 2.4 It seems to be working for me. My data range is =Sheet1!$A$1:$G$9 and the series is organized in rows. For each series the name is in column A and the values are in columns B through G. The Category (X)...

Display "i" on each purchase order line item
Hello: Is there a way to have the lower case "i" in the white circle show on the PO Entry screen next to the item number when a partial receipt has been posted? It would be similar to when you partially ship an order in Sales Transaction Entry and the "i" appears on the line item. Thanks. -Joe I can only think that this can be accomplished by modifying the scrolling window of the PO Entry for the and the PO Line Entry form (reducing the Item Number size to accomodate a visual field that can be set) and from there, and put a trigger on the fill script to check if if...

x-axis dates dont match up with the nodes on the line graph
Does anyone know why this is happening. My other graphs using the same time and date on the X and percentage values on the Y are matching up right where they should but for some reason this one sheet isnt letting the X-axis match up to the correct values? tks Ed -- changetires ------------------------------------------------------------------------ changetires's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=570496 Are you using line or XY charts? If it's a line chart, is the axis...

Passing command line arguements -Whats wrong with this code and can anyone help me out
Whats wrong with this code and can anyone help me out Created a win32 console application and passed a command line arguements like C:\CMDLINE\DEBU\cmdline.exe one Now my program should print ---one So in the program this is the code I wrote but IT FAILED.The screen disappears in a flash.Pls help .Thanks in advance ---------------PROGRAM---------------------------------------- int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[]) { int nRetCode = 0; cout <<" in main "; // initialize MFC and print and error on failure if (!AfxWinInit(::GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL, ::GetComm...

Series Lines Handling of Missing Data
I have a stacked bar chart with three series, and I'd like to connect categories across all three series using series lines. One of the series has an empty category, which I'm placing as the last (top) item on each stacked bar. There is a nice way to manage how line charts handle missing data, but series lines don't seem to behave the same - they are all either on or off. Is there way to use series lines but force them to leave gaps when plotting the empty cell? Hi, The Series Lines will honor the zero or missing values. You could create your own series lines using calculated p...

Adding lines together to create one line
This is probably very simple but somehow I can't remember how to concatenate lines, so I have one line. Here is example: Table: Notes OrderNo LineNo Note 111 1 aaa 111 2 bbb 111 3 ccc 222 1 xxx 222 2 yyy 333 1 000 333 2 111 333 3 222 333 4 333 The result should be: Table: A OrderNo Note 111 aaabbbccc 222 xxxyyy 333 000111222333 I've tried with this query...

can't drag and select a text line after call ICustomDoc::SetUIHandler(my_handler) in CHtmlView?
hi,is this the position to post such a question ? any advice will be appreciated! void CMyHTMLView::DocumentComplete(LPDISPATCH pDisp, VARIANT* URL) { if ( NULL == m_pHandler ) { m_pHandler = new UIHandler(); } ASSERT ( NULL != m_pHandler ); ICustomDoc * pCustdoc; GetHtmlDocument()->QueryInterface(&pCustdoc); if (pCustdoc) { pCustdoc->SetUIHandler(m_pHandler); //if call pCustdoc->SetUIHandler(m_pHandler),then you can't using //mouse to drag-select html's text...why? pCustdoc->Release(); } CHtmlView::DocumentComplete(pDis...

Shape and lines magically changed color on class diagram?
Some of my classes and their connectors turned red by themselves. How do I change them back? I've tried everything from fill, to line, to format, everything with no success. Thanks in advance. Adam Smith The red line means that there is an error. To get rid of it, highlight the shape, format line and set the line color to black or any other color. If it doesnt work, click on Window\Show Shapesheet. Find the LineColor cell in the Line Format section and remove the "Guard" clause. "Adam Smith" <adam2001usa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cd587e4c.04021313...

FOLLOW UP: Is there a way to use in-line assembler instructions (IN,OUT, STI and CLI) ....
Thanks, you have been very helpful....in confirming my nightmares. I didn't wanted to use the DDK, but will have to....just that now I have more doubts: I have some boards I have designed for simple projects that go connected directly to the....you guessed right....parallel port. It was so simple to use those inline using Visual C++ in Windows 98. Now you are telling me it won't be that simple (even using the DDK) because it would interfere with the already installed driver..... 1. Can I remove the already installed parallel port driver? 2. Can I use it somehow? 3. What "other so...

How do I configure multiple lines per opportunity
We are using MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 We need to implement a solution to support our pipeline forecasting. Our opportunities are essentially "projects" that have multiple invoices spread over the life of the project. I would like to configure CRM so that each opportunity_product has a start and finish month offset from the expected close date of the opportunity so that I can create a pipeline forecast showing the expected revenue spread. I have created new attributes in the opportunity_product for start and end month as an offset from the close_date but how can I calculate the ac...

Copy Data From Varying Lines to One Sheet
I have a small compilation of data in cells A10:I24, same set up, but different data on 6 sheets. In A10:A24 on each sheet are vendor names. I have a 7th sheet that is a "summary" of the data associated with each row by vendor. On each sheet these vendors are in a different order (On a different line) and may or may not exist on all the pages (Page 1 might have Vendor1, 2, and 3, while page 2 might have Vendor 2, 4, and 5). My question is, is it possible for a script to "look" at each page, and copy each vendor to this summary page, and then copy it's...

How to get XmlType of a node from in-line schema
I load an XmlDocument which has an inline schema. I want to use XmlType property of XPathNavigator to get the type according to this inline schema. But XmlType is null for all nodes. I tried loading the documenting from an XmlValidatingReader to see if that made any difference but it did not. Any suggestions? Thanks Chris ChrisHarrington wrote: > I load an XmlDocument which has an inline schema. I want to use XmlType > property of XPathNavigator to get the type according to this inline schema. > But XmlType is null for all nodes. I tried loading the documenting from an ...

Quote product line should allow for negative extended amounts.
Quote product lines should allow for negative amounts. A situation where this is required is when dealing with bulk discounts. We want the ability to apply a product line with a negative value and have the overall quote value reflect this change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Lines drawn incorrectly in embedded visio object
I have a visio drawing embedded in a word doc. Everything looks ok when I open the visio document but when seen from the word doc, one of the lines that should be dashed is drawn solid. Zooming in to 500% shows it clearly as solid and not dashed. If I print it out to a pdf it is also solid. Identical copies of the line look ok. Visio Professional 2002-SP-2 10.0.5110 Application name Microsoft Word Version 10.0 Build 6612 Application path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 Language English (United States) System language designation English (U.K.) Active printer Acrobat Distiller ...

OL 2003 No Longer Shows HTML Graphics For Contacts
A few weeks ago, Outlook stopped showing HTML graphics for senders that are in my Contacts folder. I can manually ask for the graphics to show or put the email address in the trusted senders list but why would Outlook's behavior towards contacts change? I verified that the settings that control this have not changed. ...