Importing pie chart from Excel

I've created two pie charts -- nothing complicated, very simple.  Everytime I
attempt to cut and paste the charts into Publisher, they completely lose
formatting (eg, font size is changed, pie chart design is changed, size is
changed...).  Help!  What is it that I'm not doing right in order to maintain
the integrity of these charts in Publisher?
0
Tania (2)

Have you tried "paste special?"

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Tania" <Tania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've created two pie charts -- nothing complicated, very simple.  Everytime I
> attempt to cut and paste the charts into Publisher, they completely lose
> formatting (eg, font size is changed, pie chart design is changed, size is
> changed...).  Help!  What is it that I'm not doing right in order to maintain
> the integrity of these charts in Publisher?

0
gsauer (5093)

excel #112
when i run excel and go to the tools menu, and click on any of the tabs, i always ge this error cannot access dictory c:\excel files Try creating a directory that matches the name in the warning message. Maybe it'll allow you to get to the options and change stuff to not point at that folder. rick wrote: > > when i run excel and go to the tools menu, and click on any of the tabs, i > always ge this error cannot access dictory c:\excel files -- Dave Peterson rick wrote: > when i run excel and go to the tools menu, and click on any of the tabs, i > always ge this er...

Excel Merge
I have been given an assignment to do a "mail merge" in Excel. The names and addresses are in a document in Excel and the person does not want to have to have the information typed again. Is this possible? I believe a mail merge would have to be done in Word or Access. By the way, I am using a Mac. Thanks for your help. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. cburke@mainelegal.net wrote: > > I ...

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #8
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Kristian, You can only run functions from a worksheet. Not subs. You can use a worksheet change event. Do a google search for w...

How to map a shortcut key to a routine in COM AddIn for Excel 2007
1. Background: I have a COM addins developed in Visual basic 6.0 for EXCEL 2007. The COM addin has its toolbar visible. It exposes customized 'Copy' as a button on the toolbar, which will call MyCopyAction routine in the COM addin. 2. What I want: I want to map a shortcut key for the customized 'copy' operation, which indeed invoke the same routine as that on toolbar, i.e. MyCopyAction. 3. What I tried in the COM addin: I added the following line in Private Sub AddinInstance_OnStartupComplete(custom() As Variant) .... Application.OnKey "+^c&...

Opening excel file in new window
When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it opens in the same window. How do I make it open in a new window? You can't. Excel has two windows only; Excel and the VB editor. You may be able to open another instance of Excel though, with some Windows trick or by code. But that is spending a lot of power just for an extra window. HTH. best wishes Harald "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:B53F2A94-CE10-41F7-A3B0-D472317D527C@microsoft.com... > When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it ...

Mail merging from Excel to Publisher or Word (office XP)
I am a teacher in a Sheffield UK school teaching GCSE. Part of the requirement this year is to mail merge into either Publisher or Word from an Excel spreadsheet. Did the same last year with no problem (office 2000) but with Office XP now have strange results. Mail merged figures (results of formula) now unexpectedly develop either 4 decimal places when merged to Word, or up to eight in Publisher. i.e 14.67 goes to 14.6667 or 14.66666667, This in spite of formating to two decimal places and/or roundup. My solution is to manually convert the numbers to text but this can't be right...

Merging excel files
Hello everyone, I have one excel file for every day of the month since June 2003. I would like to create one file per month and merge the daily file into it...is there another way to do it other than copy/paste? Please help there is a lot of files what are the names of your files "Raul V" <pacificinet@aol.com> wrote in message news:0fa401c377e3$026dd5e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, I have one excel file for every day of the > month since June 2003. I would like to create one file per > month and merge the daily file into it...is there another > way t...

How do I produce a mailing address list in excel in comma format?
I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? Hi save your file as '*.csv' file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frojeff" <frojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:827653C1-2F5C-40A2-9517-26CAA1C162D6@microsoft.com... > I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send > it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? File|SaveAs and look for "CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)" Each worksheet needs to be saved ...

Excel public to web
I got some problem when I save the excel document to a web page. The document have some cells I want make it can be change by the users, and others should be locked. I use the protect under the tool, and I can make it in excel, but when it became to web style, all the document can not change because it shows like a read only document. What I can do for the document? Thanks for any answer! ...

How do I link excel to word so excel changes appear in word?
I have to write a word document in my submittals and some of what I d in excel I have to hand type into word. Is there a way I can typ something like "The total cost is $345,897" and have the number chang if my excel pricing changes so I don't have to keep changing the number in the word document? I know you can paste tables you make in excel into word, but what need is to beable to link a cell in excel to the middle of a sentenc in word -- caliskie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- caliskier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

can i import a database from access into visio #2
im want to import a database from access to visio in hopes it will draw my er digram for me. any syggestions? ...

Chart #5
I have the following data Label x-value y-value A 1 2 B 2 4 C 3 5 I would like to plot this on an using X-Y Scatter plot. That works fine. However, I would like the X-axis to have the labels (A, B, C) instead of 1, 2, 3. I there a way that I can do that? Thanks. Jon Peltier has instructions for creating an arbitrary axis scale: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "Raman" wrote: > I have the follo...

Import text file in UTF-8 format to Excel 2000
Hello, When I open a text file(in UTF-8 format)under excel 2000, the chinese character cannot be displayed correctly. But this text file can be opened directly in word 2000. Can anyone help me? Thanks! Irene ...

Making actual projects with Excel 2007
I have read several books and so far have basic and general understanding of the mostly use features of Excel 2007. However, I am wondering if there are resources that can help me do actual projects. I learn quickly by doing practical stuff rather then reading a 1000 page book about features and why I should use a certain program. Were can I find tutorials on actual projects? Example: How to make a spread sheet for a grocery store. Any ideas or recommendation will be highly appreciated. Thanks everyone. Ai This may help http://office.microsoft.com/training/training...

Import text file using a wildcard
I am running the following code to import all text files that all start with the same 12 characters: ' Set the parameters to import the text file If Right(Me!txtFilePath, 1) = "\" Then strPath = \\mdb8\Global Else strPath = \\mdb8\Global& "\" End If strFileName = "GlobalImport*.txt" If FileExists(strPath & strFileName) = False Then msgbox "File " & strPath & strFileName & " Does not exist!", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "No File..." GoTo ExitImpor...

Can you sort Excel data by font color?
I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this true and how do you do it? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Help Me Sort" <Help Me Sort@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EF1E9176-5818-4185-9DD7-A74A613914E2@microsoft.com... >I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this >true > and how do you do it? Only with VBA or helper columns: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByC...

"Excel volume locked"
I have backed up excel files using My Sonic DVD to a dvd disk. When attempt to open the backed up files from the the disk I receive misrosoft error message "can not save the file because the volume i locked". I am not attempting to save it just open it. All of the other files saved on this disk open fine, word, scan soft pictures... it just all excel files give me the same error message. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Denn -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When you open an Excel file it tries to write your name in it. That may be the proble...

Excel Data Connections to Access Queries: Limits?
I have an Access 2007 database with data connections to: + Sharepoint Lists + SMS SQL tables/views I've written Access queries that use tables from those data connections. I want to use Excel to connect to those queries in the Access database to run various reports (such as charts, lists, etc...) However, I'm having 2 problems: 1) In Excel, when I go to Data / Get External Data / From Access, I cannot see all of the queries listed in the Access Database. 2) The queries I do see only return a small subset of records. (I've tested the query within Access, and I should get 17...

import csv and parse?
Hi everyone, You've been a great help to me in the past. I hope someone can here too. I have a database to which I would like to import data from a csv file. Each csv file has about 30 different fields separated by commas. I want to add only two of those fields to my database. How do I do this? Or does somebody know of a tutorial that might help? Thanks, Dave B You can make an import spec & skip the fields that way - or - import into a temp table & run an Append query on that Pieter "Dave" <Dave.Beaune@lhsc.on.ca> wrote in message news:1189619066.742172.29...

Import stock prices
I use MSMoney 2002 and I would like to import a file with prices of shares. Is it possible ? Not really. it's possible to use a macro program to enter the quotes individually, but that might be more trouble than it's worth. You might also want to know that Money will download up to 6 months of quotes for US securities when they're added to the file. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Wellington Martins" <wellingtonmartins@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:507a7f4c.0307190913.5...

Import text into existing slides
I am using PowerPoint 2007 to modify an existing PowerPoint show of 300 slides with photos and notes on each one. I want to add text titles and subtitles from a Word outline document into placeholders on each slide without affecting the existing photos or notes. "Import from Outline" from Word seems to only insert new slides in sequence but doesn't import into existing.slides. I've tried using Shyam Pillai's "Transfer Title Slides" but unfortunately it only transfers titles without subtitles. I've been using keystroke macro software as a work-arou...

Chart and Axis Titles relative reference
I have a very large number of charts I need to reproduce in a spreadsheet to link to a series of reports. The charts are similar but the titles and axis titles will vary with each chart. Some of the charts also have text boxes overlain to show information that the chart capabilities will not accommodate. (These are grouped with the chart to facilitate copy to the report.) Each chart is is an contiguous region with all of its data and information. What I need to do is to create an instance of each chart as it will appear in the report. By changing global variables, the report document can be...

Creating a chart. #2
The code below creates a chart and places it on the Excel spreadsheet. I can;t seem to find a couple of things how can I control what is displayed on the x and y axis? and how can I control how wide or how many points are displayed. oChart = oWS.Parent.Charts.Add With oChart .ChartWizard(_ReadingArrayList3, Excel.XlChartType.xlLine, , Excel.XlRowCol.xlRows) '.ChartWizard(oResizeRange, Excel.XlChartType.xlLine, , Excel.XlRowCol.xlRows) oSeries = .SeriesCollection(1) '' oSeries.XValues = oWS.Range("A2", "A6&quo...

Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot table b.
Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot table be turned off or on? I am trying to show pivot charts for each page variable and if any formating is changed in one of the charts they all revert back to the default chart formatting. Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 Or, you could create a normal chart from the data. On Jon Peltier's ...

can you mail merge in Excel
I have created an enrollment form in Excel (master file) and would like to merge it with data from a different worksheet and then print all of the merged files simultaneously, just like you would in Word. I did not create in Word because some fields require complex calculations. I am not up on macros, so if there is a way to do this w/o macros, even better. Excel doesn't have a merge feature. Perhaps you could do the merge in Word, using the calculations from Excel. Otherwise, you would need programming, to loop through the records you want to print. Ft. Worth user wrote: > I...