I am trying to import a word document into publisher and it has reference footnotes within the document.  The reference footnotes are not coming into the publisher document with the reference footnotes.
0
anonymous (74722)

Correct, they will not up to Publisher 2003.

In Publisher 2003 depending on which version of Word you are using if they
will or not.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)

How do I create a rent balance sheet for multiple units

Importing contacts into specific folder
I would like to be able to import a csv contact file from another program into a specific folder in Windows Mail, rather than have them dumped into all of my exiting contacts. Is that possible? No, that's not possible. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "chefcindy" wrote in message = news:4F49B593-DB45-4E39-9E30-034505DBFA94@microsoft.com... I would like to be able to import a csv contact file from another = program into a specific folder in Windows Mail, rather than have them dumped = into all of my exiting contacts. Is that possible?=20 ...

Reference Row across Worksheets
Hello, I am trying to reference a row from one worksheet to another. Everthing I have tried only display's the first column of the row. It does not have to be the complete row it can be just a group of cells in a row. Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks dblwizard Nevermind. I finally figured it out. You have to use the "Paste Link" option. dblwizard ...

"unable to create this stationery"
After starting-up Windows Live Mail (v. 14), the first time I try "New" to create a new e-mail the system displays an error-box "Unable to create this stationery." I click OK. The system provides a "New Message" template without my signature. I close it. I again click "New." This time (and onward) I get what I want - (a) no error-box and (b) a template with my signature. What can I (or Microsoft) do so that (for the first use of "New" after start-up) I get what I want, namely (a) and (b)? afaik.not possible...if one configur...

ActiveX component can't create object: 'crmaddin.UIUtil' #2
One of our user's outlook keeps getting this error message popup: "ActiveX component can't create object: 'crmaddin.UIUtil'" His outlook on this particular system does not have Outlook for CRM installed. Checked Outlook addins including it's registry for such plugin but there is none shown. I'm unable to find an answer on google. Any1 know any possible solutions? ...

Generic adjacent cell reference
This should be simple but I am not finding it in the docs... I have a formula which I want should always refer to the adjacent cell. For instance The data is in A1 and I put the formula in A2 as =getURL(a1). So I need this to be completely generic so that I can paste it into hundreds of cells and always have it refer to the cell directly to the left regardless as to which column or row it is in. Thanks Paul Paul, For the cell directly to the left, use this in the cell, replacing the B1 with the actual cell address =OFFSET(B1,0,-1) For the cell above: =OFFSET(A2,-1,0) HTH, Bernie MS E...

Can't Import .pst file
I had to have my laptop repaired. It was suggested that I back up everything before sending it in. So I did. I am now trying to reinstall all the programs and data that was erased during the repair. I backed up my Outlook (before repair) using the Import/Export in Outlook and saved it on DVD. I have been trying to restore the data but it wont let me. If I try to Import from the DVD I get the message: "File access Denied: You don't have the permission required to access the file D:\Outlook.pst." Okay. Than I tried moving the file off of the DVD into my Documents folder on m...

I got dozens of first chance exception of type "Access violation exception" in the CDialog::Create
I derive my own CMyDialog class from CDialog,and got may first chance exception in the Output Window, but the program run fine. does these exception really not matter? How can i get rid of them? Do like we all do: ignore them. joe On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:32:57 +0800, "booker" <rekoob@163.net> wrote: >I derive my own CMyDialog class from CDialog,and got may first chance >exception in the Output Window, but the program run fine. > >does these exception really not matter? >How can i get rid of them? > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.co...

Can't import msg file
Just ran across something that I hope can be fixed. I have a number of saved ".msg" files that I nee to import into Outlook (2003). These files were created using "Save as..." from Outlook 2003 on another machine and selecting the option to save as ".msg". The files import as they should when I drag and drop them into Outlook. However, I managed to break one of them and I don't know how to fix it. I decided to open it with Notepad to take a look at the headers and other info. I did not edit anything at all. Didn't touch it. I simply scrolled up and...

Creating Chart from Userform ListBox selections
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C911A4.100F32B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have created a Userform with 2 Listboxes on it Listbox1, is populated with ALL values in Sheet3 Column B Listbox2, is populated with ALL values in Sheet3.Column A Column B values are Names Column A are Dates Both Listboxes have Multi-Select enabled. I am trying to set up a chart in Sheet6 with the data from Sheet3, but = am up to the stage of how to create it. Sheet3 data is stored in rows, and eac...

Worksheet Cell Reference
I have a reference to a cell in another worksheet, same workbook. When the value in the referenced cell is blank it returns a "0" value. However, I want the returned value to simply leave as a blank cell. Any advice? David Hi David Something like this : =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) HTH John "DavidS" <DavidS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71737C7E-5095-4E27-A70C-82CE3845C368@microsoft.com... >I have a reference to a cell in another worksheet, same workbook. When the > value in the referenced cell is blank it...

Copy of attachment created
I've been using outlook for years but about a month ago, whenever I send an email with an attachment, a copy is made and it sits in my outbox. It is an email that is not addressed but has the same attachment in it. Any suggestions on why this is happening and how to stop creating these extra messages? are you using any add-ins? what about rules on sent items? What type of email account? What firewall, antivirus and antispam products are installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-t...

Cannot create folders then advised they exist (but I can't see them) in Outlook 2007
I am having huge problems creating new folders in Outlook 2007.. I try to add the folder as normal, then receive the message "Cannot create the folder. The operation failed. An object cannot be found", so I try again and it says "Cannot create the folder. The server says "Mailbox Exists". However the folder I have tried to add does not display in the Outlook folders list. So have gone to IMAP folders and completed a search on subscribed folders to see the folder I had tried to add is featured, but does not have an envelope next to it (I assume indicating i...

Create Drop Down Box populated by a List
Would someone please tell me if I can Create a Drop Down Box populated by a List from another Worksheet which will Select an item from the Drop Down Box populated by the List from the other Worksheet as Input a given Cell. The Drop Down Box should appear and work that way for any selected Cell. thanks, Ted Hi Ted, You will need to name the list from the other sheet. So, select the list, name it and then in the data valadation allow list and in source box enter =TheNameOfTheList. HTH Regards, Howard "Ted_MD" <TedMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

How to import address list tables into Excel
I have an address list in Word that looks like this: ____________________________________ | Mr Smith | | 34 swanky st. | | Bufftton 3454-123 | | UK | |___________________________________| | Fat Bread Co. | | Attn. Justin Jock | | 453 Long Drive | | Staten Island | | 232434...

MS CRM 4
Hi, We're using MS CRM 4.0. When we try to import customizations for a custom entity we keep getting the following error "Either the file could not be uploaded or import failed". It also says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it." We have already spent many hours trying to solve this, but without any success. Please help !!! Hi, This error typically comes when format of customization file is not proper. Can you please provide me more details. Please tell the details about system from which you have exporte...

Use this important update for Windows
--oygrkjphbs Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fsveuaegtt"; type="multipart/alternative" --fsveuaegtt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="esrvjidpsty" --esrvjidpsty Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect y...

Relative reference and macros
How do I say "go down one cell from where I am" in VBA code? Thanks, Alan Alan E.g: ActiveCell.Offset(1,0) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Alan" <me@here.now> skrev i en meddelelse news:43WCc.126$Es5.2485@news20.bellglobal.com... > How do I say "go down one cell from where I am" in VBA code? > > Thanks, Alan One way: Activecell.Offset(1, 0).Select another ActiveCell(2, 1).Select In article <43WCc.126$Es5.2485@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Alan" <me@here.now> wrote: > How ...

Creating book signatures in Pub 2007.
I am laying out a book that I will hand bind. The book will have 96 pages -- 6 signatures of 4 sheets each. Since I am printing and binding myself, I do not have the tools that a commercial printer has. My question is this: is it possible to lay out 6 sections of 16 pages each in book printing style in one Publisher file? Currently I have 6 different files but adjusting flow and moving pages is almost impossible. I am by no means a professional printer so it is very important to me that the pages print out in "folding format" i.e., page 1 & 16 on one side and pages ...

Creating charts that show change in % rather than $
I have Money 2004. When I create a chart of changing investment value, I'd like the chart in % change rather than dollars. Is there a way to do that? ...

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

Importing macros from Excel97 to 2000
Every time I used to open a new file in Excel 97, my macros were accessible. However, now that I "upgraded" to 2000, it seems as though I have to import my personal macros every time I want to use them. (When I close Excel and reopen it, they disappear again.) Is there any way to save the macros so that they are available to all Excel files every time I open Excel? My guess is that Excel 2000 isn't looking at your existing personal.xls file, because it's in a directory associated with the Excel 97 program. When I upgraded to Excel 2000, I created a new personal.xls fil...

Import transactions from online bank
I am using MS Money 2001. My bank doesn't offer a direct link to be able to import transactions directly into MS Money. I have a choice to either download to a file, then import into Money, or I can open Money, brose to my banks online account info, then download to Monay. Reading the MS site tells me that once I get the message that says Import Successful, I will be taken to the screen to view the transactions. I can't find this screen. I go to "View Downloaded Balances", but my imported data is not there. At one point I was able to import from a file, but I don't ...

can I create a keyboard shortcut in Excel?
can I create a keyboard shortcut in Excel? Yes. Would you be more specific? -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Vova" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09d501c3c96f$43eb6900$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can I create a keyboard shortcut in Excel? A keyboard shortcut to a macro? After you've created the macro, you can tools|macro|macros... Select your macro (don't run it) Options and set it there ok/cancel your way out. Vova wrote: > > can I create a keyboard shortcut in Excel? -- Dave Peterson ec3...

Importing CSV files into Excel #2
Running Excel 2003. Upgraded it specifically to import (cut and paste) CSV files. Our brokerage house runs 2003 and does cut and paste the *.csv file. It will not work on our machine. I've loaded the Office Converter Pack, and no difference. All of the MS help files indicate Excel will convert CSV files (presumably without an external Macro). Any help out there? In Excel, select File - Open. Navigate to the CSV file, (make sure you select Files of Type: All Files in the lower portion of the File-Open Dialog). Select your CSV file, click Open and then an import wizard will a...