Import into Word

We designed in Publisher XP a letterhead. We would like
to import this into Word to use as a template. Can
anybody pls. help? It just seems impossible for some
reason to find any help on this. Thanks so much,

astolfo_1 (1)

In Publisher, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to whatever image format you
have in mind. When you import the image into Word use the graphics tools to crop or
if you have saved it as a .wmf, you can ungroup it in Word and delete all the
unnecessary background.
Can you select the letterhead and copy/paste into Word?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"z" <astolfo_1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We designed in Publisher XP a letterhead. We would like
> to import this into Word to use as a template. Can
> anybody pls. help? It just seems impossible for some
> reason to find any help on this. Thanks so much,

gsauer (5093)

Fixed Asset IM import ADO Field is Nothing message
I've setup a new Integration Manager routine (v 10) to Fixed Assets Book. When running the integration the error log states 'ERROR: ADO Field is Nothing'. First, I have successfully used IM to integrate Fixed Assets General Information, so I know that it works with my implementation. DTC is setup and the eConnect IM worked then. It is hooking into an Excel spreadsheet (xls version). I can see the source information (column definitions). I've got the database connection setup. Knowledge base comes up with no articles. Thanks in advance! Hi DD I've had that...

Convert number into words #2
Hi, Can any one help me to convert numeric into words (without Currency USD, EURO, just words), e. g., 15,015.27 Fifteen thousand fifteen and twenty seven only Rgds Blackwar Blackwar, have a look here for how to do it, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Blackwar" <Blackwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81ED27F-49A4-40A6-91E5-5ED1A9...

Using rules to filter out specific words in an HTML message
I am running outlook XP, and repeatidly receive a peice of junk mail, offering me prescription drugs. The message is nothing but an image, but there is a common peice of source code in that HTML message. However, when I add that peice of code to the "with specific words in the body" rule, it won't filter it out. How do I do that? ...

Opening docs created in OSX in PC versions of Word
Colleagues are always complaining that they can't open my OSX Word docs on their PCs (also running Word.) is there something they or I can do to improve compatibility? Thanks anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote : > Colleagues are always complaining that they can't open my OSX Word > docs on their PCs (also running Word.) is there something they or I > can do to improve compatibility? Thanks Which version of Word are you running and how do you transfer the files? There should be no compatibility problem, as the PC and Mac Office file formats are identical in all the...

Excel should undo/redo after saving a file--just like Word.
Excel does not allow to Undo/Redo previous actions after the file has been saved. In other words, if the user has made changes to the file, but wants to keep the previous version and forgets to rename the file and clicks the save button, the user cannot utilize the Undo/Redo options to go back and correct this. On the other hand, Word does allow this. Why doesn't Excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you d...

Import QIF File no totals
When I import an investment account it has no totals. I also have 401k transfers from my paycheck that go directly into cash transactions of 401k account. Transfers that were imported (transfers from cash to investment) do not deduct my cash contributions since they have no total amount (all they have is # shares and share price). Now my 401k account balance is high by the amount of my contributions (this is because if values investments by number of shares I have and then it sees that I have additional $ in contribution account. In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: >When I imp...

How do I import Quickbools Premier data?
I'd like to try Money 2007, but I cannot find a way to import all of my QB data? Surely they didn't leave this out. I must be missing how its done. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Unless QBP can export QIF formatted data files--and I'm betting it can't--surely they did leave this out. And don't call me Shirley. "smerf" <smerf@shroom.com> wrote in message news:DrqFg.36807$Uq1.32369@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > Surely they didn't leave this out. QBP wouldn't necc have it as an export function - why assist they a c...

.eps problems in publisher and word
I have created an .eps file using Adobe IllustratorCS2 with a .tiff preview. I have installed the filter for Microsoft office 2003 to read the .eps files but I still get a blank box. There is nothing in the box, no text or image. What else can I do. At one time, I could see my files when I used an older version of Illustrator. I could convert to other raster formats but they become grainy when enlarged. I would rather use .eps for vector type art. Help, this is very frustrating to create a piece and then not be able to place it in an office program. Description of the Office 2003 hotf...

printing document a mix of text and photos imported from photoshop
Printer prints document where the text is accurate, however most of the phots come out black...anyone know why? Hi j hall (jhall@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Printer prints document where the text is accurate, however most of || the phots come out black...anyone know why? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers website of your printer to download and inst...

the toolbars in Word has gone missing. even after reinstalling
The Tool bars in Word has gone missing. Reinstalling from CD Rom does not help at all. Unless you are actually trying to install and use Excel instead of continuing with MS Word, I think you would be better off posting in a Word newsgroup. They are two entirely different applications. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "LIM TP" <LIM TP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB43E17A-06BF-4114-...

Why can't I view graphics in Word & Publisher?
When ever I am installing a picture (graphic) in Publisher 2003 or Word 2003 I get an transparent picture even though I have "Detailed display" selected from the View-Pictures menu. I also have the transparency set to 0. DanBre <DanBre@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When ever I am installing a picture (graphic) in Publisher 2003 or > Word 2003 I get an transparent picture even though I have "Detailed > display" selected from the View-Pictures menu. I also have the > transparency set to 0. This is almost certainly a pro...

Importing hotmail contacts into Outlook 2003
I would like to import my online contacts from hotmail into my Outlook 2003, i've already set my Outlook to use my hotmail account for handling hotmail. Is this possible? It's easy to import Outlook contacts into online hotmail. Does it work the other way around? How? Thanks a lot for the answer ! Kind regards, Sjoerd. No, you can't export from Hotmail web mail, only import. "Sjoerd" wrote: > I would like to import my online contacts from hotmail into my Outlook 2003, > i've already set my Outlook to use my hotmail account for handling hotmail. &g...

Convert Word address list to Excel
I'm trying to convert an old address list written in word into an excel spreadsheet.. The addresses are basic 3 lines (name, address, city, state, zip). Other than copying each item into each cell individually, is there a way to do this more efficiently? If each line of the list is ended with a hard return, then replace each hard return with a tab. Use the Replace All function. Once the whole list is tabbed, highlight the text, click on Table, then Convert text to table. Make sure you pick "Separate text at Tabs". Then clean up your table. Once it is in a good cond...

Help I like to convert a word doc into a pdf and insert it to Pub
I am trying to convert a word doc to a pdf and insert it into a Web site in Pub 2003. So our cusotmer could download it and print it. Thanks Mike You want to turn a .DOC into a .PDF so you can insert it into a Publisher-created website? I had to read that a couple of times to figure out what you were asking. (1) Publisher really has nothing to do with what you need to do. (2) You need a .PDF creating software program. I use Acrobat Pro but I'm fortunate in that it was purchased for my use. You either need Acrobat or you need one of the low-cost/free alternatives. -- JoAnn Paule...

Slipstreaming Post XP-SP-3 Critical/Important Updates
Is there a way to get all of the Critical/Important Updates since the release of XP-SP-3 for slipstreaming? Updateing after installation is very time consuming and, it seems, dangerous accessing the internet without those updates. -- Thanks! Tengu wrote: > Is there a way to get all of the Critical/Important Updates since > the release of XP-SP-3 for slipstreaming? > Updateing after installation is very time consuming and, it seems, > dangerous accessing the internet without those updates. All? Not really. Most? Yes. Just like you slipstream/integrate the servic...

Word Automation
Hi, I have a question about the automation of Word objects. With following code I open a word document: $services = @(Get-Service) $msWord = new-object -ComObject "word.application" -ea silentlycontinue $wordDoc = $msWord.Documents.Open("somedocument.doc") ....do something with the worddoc.... $msWord.Documents.Close() $msWord.Quit() With the PS script, I want to make a batch processing over a lot of documents. In some cases, a word file might be used by another user or there might be a further inquiry with a dialogbox. In this case, the script will...

How do I remove a sql command from a word doc?

Importing into Shared Calendars
Hi We are using SBS2003 Premier with around 60 users. I have created around 50 Public Folder Calendars for agents we have using the naming convention: agentnumber agentname, e.g. 02 Joe Bloggs, 03 Ben Paul, 04 Humpty Dumpty etc... These Shared Calendars can only be viewed by people who have the appropriate permissions. I have a spreadsheet with columns: Agentnumber: 01 Agentname: Ken Dodd AppointmentDesc: Go to the Hall on 5th Street Date: 03/05/2005 Time: 10:00 I want to import these into the Shared Calendars so that they drop into the correct agent's name, date and time wit...

Import Wiz. 2009
IS anyone having any luck w/ this Import Wiz? I am trying to import a CSV. To the best on me knoladge, I am doing everything right. I go through the wizzard with a list of about 500 items, assign where everything goes, get 2 or 3 errors flagged, it says that the rest are OK. then WHAM! I get the following Error Message: (500 times!) [2 - Failed to commit entity: Microsoft.Rms.Business.Import.ImportItem; Error message: Failed to create item. Failed to save. Exception has been thrown. -> Failed to save item for supplier. -> Failed to parse value for supplier import. -> Input st...

Cell not being imported from another sheet
HI. I'm having a strange problem when exporting cells from one excel fil into a blank excel file. If data from the cells in the original star with a letter, then the new excel file just creates an empty cell. I it starts with a number it fills the cell just fine. both the blank and original cell formats are default. This just simple excel file with no expansive or tricky stuff to it. Please help. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi how are you exporting your data? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > HI. > > I'm having a strange pr...

problems importing text from Word to Publisher
I am working on a school newsletter in Publisher and have tried to highlight/copy an article in Word and paste it into a Publisher file. When I hit 'paste', the last item that I pasted - a text box - appears and not the article. I have done this many times before in other publications, and am baffled. Help! Create the text box first, right-click the text box, click change text, click text file, browse to the Word document. If you rather copy/paste, open the Office Clipboard from the Edit menu in both Word and Publisher. Is the text you are trying to copy in Word in a text box? ...

Outlook & Word #4
I have many MS Word documents (sales contracts, prospect letters, follow ups, etc) saved and want to open them up with a specific Outlook contact's information in specific places in the documents. I can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone help me? Thanks I am using Office 2003 Professional too. "Rick" <Rick@nospam.com> wrote in message news:iN2dnXboQ-cAUaveRVn-gg@comcast.com... >I have many MS Word documents (sales contracts, prospect letters, follow >ups, etc) saved and want to open them up with a specific Outlook contact's >information in...

Replace command in word
Hi, i've been trying to use the replace command in Word,but it isn't working how I would expect. For instance, if I'm wishing to replace all instances of the word "align" and any combinations of "align" such as "alignment" then I assumed I need to select the wild card option. however, it isn't working correctly. I.e. I wish to replace any instances of "align" with the same word but formatted differently (bold, case change, etc). However, Word finds all instances but only formats the "align" part of the word. So the word...

Auto Word Select #3
Hi, I need to know how i can get a list of words to act as auto selects, so that i dont need to type them constantly across my worksheet. I heard that i need a combo box. i am using excel 2000. Thanks for your help. ...