Import Ink Pictures from Word

I have a word document that I was hoping to print two-up with
Publisher, since Word can't quite cooperate with my printer to do the
job. So I imported it.

The document has lots of two-cell tables, and one of the cells has in
it an ink drawing done on the tablet PC.

When I import this document, those cells wind up empty.

When I copy one of the drawing and try to paste it in, it pastes the
pic outside the two-cell table, but it does paste it.

So two questions. An answer to either one would help:

1. How can I import this file so Publisher doesn't just throw this
stuff away.

2. Failing that, how does one past a picture into a table cell?

Thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com

Down and dirty way?
Do a ScrnPrt then paste into your favorite image editor (crop it) and save
it as an image file...tif maybe?...then use the image in Pub.

"Ron Jeffries" <ronjeffries@acm.org> wrote in message
|I have a word document that I was hoping to print two-up with
| Publisher, since Word can't quite cooperate with my printer to do the
| job. So I imported it.
|
| The document has lots of two-cell tables, and one of the cells has in
| it an ink drawing done on the tablet PC.
|
| When I import this document, those cells wind up empty.
|
| When I copy one of the drawing and try to paste it in, it pastes the
| pic outside the two-cell table, but it does paste it.
|
| So two questions. An answer to either one would help:
|
| 1. How can I import this file so Publisher doesn't just throw this
| stuff away.
|
| 2. Failing that, how does one past a picture into a table cell?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Ron Jeffries
| www.XProgramming.com

0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/15/2007 4:54:05 AM
Are you sure it's empty and not behind the table?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Ron Jeffries" <ronjeffries@acm.org> wrote in message
>I have a word document that I was hoping to print two-up with
> Publisher, since Word can't quite cooperate with my printer to do the
> job. So I imported it.
>
> The document has lots of two-cell tables, and one of the cells has in
> it an ink drawing done on the tablet PC.
>
> When I import this document, those cells wind up empty.
>
> When I copy one of the drawing and try to paste it in, it pastes the
> pic outside the two-cell table, but it does paste it.
>
> So two questions. An answer to either one would help:
>
> 1. How can I import this file so Publisher doesn't just throw this
> stuff away.
>
> 2. Failing that, how does one past a picture into a table cell?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Jeffries
> www.XProgramming.com

0
jl_paules (2769)
2/15/2007 5:23:21 AM
Select the cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture. If the
picture is in Word you will have to extract the picture from the document and
copy/paste into a folder.
http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Ron Jeffries" <ronjeffries@acm.org> wrote in message
>I have a word document that I was hoping to print two-up with
> Publisher, since Word can't quite cooperate with my printer to do the
> job. So I imported it.
>
> The document has lots of two-cell tables, and one of the cells has in
> it an ink drawing done on the tablet PC.
>
> When I import this document, those cells wind up empty.
>
> When I copy one of the drawing and try to paste it in, it pastes the
> pic outside the two-cell table, but it does paste it.
>
> So two questions. An answer to either one would help:
>
> 1. How can I import this file so Publisher doesn't just throw this
> stuff away.
>
> 2. Failing that, how does one past a picture into a table cell?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Jeffries
> www.XProgramming.com

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/15/2007 9:34:21 AM
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:23:21 -0500, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
<jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote:

>Are you sure it's empty and not behind the table?

It goes OUTSIDE the table cell. Usually to the left (it's the left
cell) and pushes the table over as if to wrap around the pic.

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:34:21 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
<mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Select the cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture. If the
>picture is in Word you will have to extract the picture from the document and
>copy/paste into a folder.
>http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

That looks good, thanks! Terribly irritating since there are 50 of
them.

Does publisher import regular images from word, if not in tables?

Thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
You can copy/paste regular images from Word. Publisher is more versatile than
Word when pictures are involved.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:34:21 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
> <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Select the cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture. If
>>the
>>picture is in Word you will have to extract the picture from the document and
>>copy/paste into a folder.
>>http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm
>
> That looks good, thanks! Terribly irritating since there are 50 of
> them.
>
> Does publisher import regular images from word, if not in tables?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Jeffries
> www.XProgramming.com

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/16/2007 9:01:32 AM
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 04:01:32 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
<mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>You can copy/paste regular images from Word. Publisher is more versatile than
>Word when pictures are involved.

I have a two cell table imported from word. If I click into one of the
cells, and paste a picture from the clipboard, it doesn't go into the
table. I can't drag it into the table. Is there a way, with this
versatile program, to get the picture into a table cell?

Thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
You will have to extract the image from the Word document. Select the cell,
fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the extracted image.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 04:01:32 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
> <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>You can copy/paste regular images from Word. Publisher is more versatile than
>>Word when pictures are involved.
>
> I have a two cell table imported from word. If I click into one of the
> cells, and paste a picture from the clipboard, it doesn't go into the
> table. I can't drag it into the table. Is there a way, with this
> versatile program, to get the picture into a table cell?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Jeffries
> www.XProgramming.com

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/18/2007 12:02:42 PM
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 07:02:42 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
<mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>You will have to extract the image from the Word document. Select the cell,
>fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the extracted image.

I assume by extract you mean "save to a separate file"? So I can past
an image directly into Publisher, except into a table, do I have that
right? Wow. That's handy.  Thanks!

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com

Importing a .cdr file in Publisher 2007
Hi there, someone has sent me a .cdr file, is there a way to import it into Publisher? Thanks, Ulli You can import a .cdr file in 2007. Not sure about the version however. I cannot import CorelDraw 12 images into Publisher. Your sender can convert the .cdr in Corel to a .wmf or .emf or any other format. Try importing, Insert, picture, from file. If your sender cannot convert the file, send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ulli" <Ul...

Can I Mail Merge A Picture?
I am creating form letters in Publisher 2000, and I need to change the picture depending on who is receiving the letter. Can I create a mail merge field for the different pictures? I am merging from an Excel list. According to this chart: http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/compare.mspx Publisher 2000 doesn't have that capability. You may wish to try the instructions for Publisher 2003 anyway: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010385061033.aspx If that doesn't work, these instructions are claimed to work with Word 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/def...

Stripping Blank Characters form Imported Data
I am trying to verify 2 worksheets full of data. One has been imported from Visual Basic and the other from Business Object. The Business object sheet, brings over the entire field not just the charaters needed. Example: For the city field there are 50 characters available. If you use Nashville, the Business Object brings over 50 characters where the Visual Basic brings over 9. When trying to find descrepancies, this brings back a false positive if the city is the same. Is there a way to manipulate that data when it is sent to Excel? The easiest way to deal with this would be to find...

Retrieving (re-importing) .pst archive files in Outlook 2000
Can anyone tell me how to import .pst archive files in Outlook 2000? I have tried Import from another program or file/Personal Folder File (.pst)/File to import/Browse => C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook ... and can't see any .pst files. In Windows Explorer, a search in the same location (i.e C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook) reveals .FAV, .LOG, .DAT and other files, but none of my .pst archive files. I have ensured that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on in Tools/Folder...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

CAN'T OPEN PC-ORIGINATED WORD DOCS ON iMAC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx files, i get an error that reads &quot;Word cannot open this document. The document might be in use or might not be a valid word document.&quot; !? anyone have any guidance? i've installed all the updates ... no luck. <br><br>thanks. > sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx f...

Import from Mozilla
What is the simplest way to import Mozilla local folders into Outlook/Exchange. This needs to be done on a number of machines, Many Thanks, Marcus Robinson ...

Import Messages from Outlook Express 6
Hi, I would like some advice on importing messages that are currently on a Win98se machine running OE 6 into an XP Pro machine running Outlook 2003, Thanks, any help greatly appriciated, Ed <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c9c01c3e5bb$834ea400$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like some advice on importing messages that are > currently on a Win98se machine running OE 6 into an XP > Pro machine running Outlook 2003, > Thanks, any help greatly appriciated, > Ed Go here to backup your old OE: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm...

Automatically import/export workflow
Hello. I'm working on a redeploiment tool for CRM 3.0 pro. I mean a tool to automatically import all customizations (customizations, callouts, workflow, data...) of a CRM to another one. Is there a way to automatically (from a program, not manually) import/export workflow rules ? I know there exist web services for callouts import/export, is there the same for workflow rules. Regards, I don't think so. Workflow import/export is handled by a separate application and cannot be accessed through any of the CRM web services -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

Pictures removed from sent emails
I've always been able to paste pictures (such as screen shots) from the clipboard within the body of HTML emails, but something's happened and now when I paste a picture it gets removed before it's sent. I can see the picture in the email when I'm writing it, but after clicking Send and opening the email in my Outbox before sending, there's just a blank empty frame with the message "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location." and the little &...

Saving Word E-Mail as a Revision/Draft
Hi, I would like to be able to use the E-Mail feature in Word 2003 to save an email as a draft/revision for future use. I do not want to save the word doc as an attachment. Is this possible? Thanks, Josh Why don;t you just create the word doc, save it, and then email it when you're ready. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JoshB" <JoshB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9710F08D-64E2-45B7-8115-BE8F0B116369@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I would like to be...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

Outlook Express Imported Email
I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. The "From" fied of all the old imported email does not display the email address. It just shows the sends full name. I therefore cannot reply to old email or click on the From field and add the email address to my contacts. Anyone come across this problem before? thanks, "Pryan" <Pryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B86DF03-5BC4-40B3-ADE4-F73674833190@microsoft.com... > I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. It's be...

Importing data from an excel file
I have an excel file with contact data for customers. Now I want to import it into CRM 3.0. I use the guide but I am stuck at the manual import i.e. populate CDF at step 5 in the data migration framework application. Do I have to go to the SQL server and select the database and import into the contacts table? I am really sorry for the newbie question.. /Jonas Hi Jonas, You will indeed need to populate the CDF tables. You can do this via several ways of which using SSIS is my personal favorite. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blog...

Importing text files into Excel
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to bring large text files into Excel. The data in the text files is separated by spaces. The spaces that separate the data vary in number. I have tried to replace the spaces with tabs while in Notepad but it takes too long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris Open Excel and create a blank workbook. Then: Data | Get External Data | Import Data (this command might be something like Import Text File, if you are using an older version of Excel). Browse to find your file and click to Import it. Should open up the Text Import Wizard. Make...

Linking Word And Excel
I am trying to link several fields in Excel to a Word Doc. I'm linking the fields using Ctrl-Paste as Hyperlink. The linking works fine. However, when I try to save the files in different folders or move the files, all the links are lost. This makes it very hard to replicate the linking for my 6 analysts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brady -- **************************************************************************** Brady T. Finney Atlantic Management Company, Inc. Orchard Park - Suite A12 875 Greenland Road Portsmouth, NH 03801 603-436-8009 (Office) 617-413-4554 (Mobil...

How to quote cells when "IF" word is involved
On Sheet1, I have a data set (C1:C100) based on the input of cell A1. When A1 has various method choices,say,"method 1","method 2","method 3", each cell in the data set will have a new value accordingly. (=IF(A1="method 1",formula1,IF(A1="method 2",formula2,formula3)) I want to quote those three data sets on Sheet2. A lousy way is I could just duplicate Sheet1, set A1 to different value and quote data sets from different sheets. Is it possible to quote three data sets simultaneously from Sheet1? Thanks, Ming Perhaps use a 2 variable data t...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Deleting Import Error Tables
Is there a way to delete a series of import error tables programatically? I am pulling in unformatted data from Excel, which causes many import error tables... The data is good, just not formatted to directly load into a table. I would like to regularly programatically delete these import error tables, otherwise they just continue to accumulate. Thank you, I can't remember the naming convention for the import error tables. What do they look like? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Cathy" <Cat...

Custom shapes from pictures
I have created some custom shapes from some .jpg images, but am having one really annoying issue. The issue is that when i reduce the size of the image, its text box scales vertically, not horizontally, so the words are written horizontally. How do I change the behavior of the text box so it will scale horizontally and not wrap the words? ...

Picture Behind Text
I am trying to place a photo overtop of a text box but it is covering up the text. i want the text to show though the photo. how do i do this? Rob K wrote: > I am trying to place a photo overtop of a text box but it is covering > up the text. i want the text to show though the photo. how do i do > this? ==================================== Which version of Publisher? Place the text box on top of the picture. If you see an unwanted white background behind the text... select the text box and type...Ctrl+T...to make it transparent. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital ...

excel html user area import
Hello, Im using excel 2007 and having problems with importing html. Problem is that I need to import data from html page which is in user area( username and password protected). So data imports ok, but when I exit saved excel file and then open it again , it can't refresh data because i'm not logged in. How can i solve this problem? Can I add some html form to excel so I can logon with that form, so I can refresh data? Thank you! ...

Access 2000... how to import a word document?
I am told Access will allow inport of a Word document by converting the document to Rich Text w/delimiter, then into Access. Does that not work with Access 2000? It depends what you mean by "import a Word document". If you have data in a table in a Word document, convert the table to text, paste the text into a new file, and save it as plain (not rich) text; then import the text file into Access. Alternatively, paste the table into Excel, save in Excel or CSV format, and import the resulting file into Access. Which of these works best depends on just what's in the data. ...