Import excel into publisher

It would be beneficial, if Publisher had the capibilities to import Excel
spreadsheets to keep data up-to-date.  I read that it is NOT possible, or is
there something I missed?

Import excel into publisher wrote:
> It would be beneficial, if Publisher had the capibilities to import Excel
> spreadsheets to keep data up-to-date.  I read that it is NOT possible, or is
> there something I missed?

You can Mail Merge from Excel spreadsheets, and you can insert an Excel
sheet as an OLE object. Does that not cut the mustard?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Excel Statistical Accuracy?
We have been told that Excel statistics calculations can be inaccurate. While that may be true for precise leading edge scientific work is it also true for college engineering students learning undergraduate statistical analysis? Thanks for any enlightenment, WDA ballensr@adelphia.net end ---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 496 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! W. D. Allen Sr. wrote... >We have been told that Excel statist...

Is there a way to lock the size of the text box in Publisher?

Disabling password in Excel 2000
Using Excel 2000 and after activating a macro in another open file, I cannot change any cells in another open file I am working in without putting in a password to unprotect the worksheet. However, I never setup a password and I do not know what the password is. I never even setup a password. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hi Paul! See: JE McGimpsey http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html On the right hand side of the page you'll see a link that allows the download og AllInternalPasswords.xls. Download that and have it open at the same time as the probl...

csv-file-lines back to excel rows and columns
Hello, My Excel-version is 2002. I am working with long lists of Attendees for courses and get them in csv-format, so all Data are in long rows with commas inbetween. But I need them in rows and columns, name under name, adress under adress and so on. Is there a Way to convert them from csv to rows and columns? Thank you rosalia You may want to post a sample (not the workbook) of how your data is laid out. And if the data is all in a long column (not row), then is each group delimited by anything (blank row)?? Or is it x rows per group? You'll get different suggestions based on the l...

Opening Old Excel Files
Often when I open old excel files I get a horizontal "artifact type" line at the bottom of Row 1, about @ Col. B to G. I have seen this with all versions of excel - what is it and can I get rid of it in my old excel files. Thanks, webermis Does Window/Unfreeze Panes get rid of it? Jordon "webermis" wrote > Often when I open old excel files I get a horizontal "artifact type" line at > the bottom of Row 1, about @ Col. B to G. I have seen this with all versions > of excel - what is it and can I get rid of it in my old excel files. > > Thank...

Publisher to PDF #3
How do I convert a publisher file to PDF file so I can email it. I did have a programme to do this but lost in re formatt of hardrive. thanks In article <%612j.120635$7_4.118399@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, "S" <nonense@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > How do I convert a publisher file to PDF file so I can email it. > I did have a programme to do this but lost in re formatt of hardrive. > I use the Broadgun PDF machine to do this - cheaper that Adobe Distiller -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /'...

group/ungroup feature excel 2003
Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so that it is permanently inoperative. It is a pain in the ass. Paul Hi you could protect your worksheet and uncheck this option in the protection dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul Manson wrote: > Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so > that it is permanently inoperative. > > It is a pain in the ass. > > Paul I just now looked in the "protection" dialog box. There is no option for "group/ungroup" Paul On some fine ...

Deploy Excel Macros
Hi! I developped some Excel XP macros in vbscript. Now it's time to deploy them to a unique client (only one computer). Those macros are made to be executed in many excel files, then for maintenance purpose it would be nice not to repeat those macros in each file. What are the possibilities to deploy my macros (compilation, template,...)? Also, i would like to protect my code. Depend on the deployment scenario, what are the possibilities? Thanks, Thierry Paradis. 1.st, you can compilate all your macros in a single Excel file and than save the file as *.xla, than in the new PC you j...

How to make Excel Chart not to display empty cells?
I have a range of IF formulas. Sometime IF returns number, sometimes "". The problem is that chart displays "" as value 0. Is there a way to force chart not to display those empty values? IF(condition; number_value; "") Marko Marko: In your If statement, replace "" with Na(). Excel will place a #N/A in the cells that were getting the "". Excel charting recognizes #N/A and will not go to 0. See this post for more details. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_missing_data.htm ...Kelly koday@processtrends.com "Marko Pinteric&q...

How do I use Excel for an eigenvalue/vector problem?
Use the Poptools add in from http://www.cse.csiro.au/poptools/ -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "mr-ideahamster" <mr-ideahamster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A9213B-1AAB-41E2-8AB7-B7B3E93BDDB8@microsoft.com... > ...

Import QIF File no totals
When I import an investment account it has no totals. I also have 401k transfers from my paycheck that go directly into cash transactions of 401k account. Transfers that were imported (transfers from cash to investment) do not deduct my cash contributions since they have no total amount (all they have is # shares and share price). Now my 401k account balance is high by the amount of my contributions (this is because if values investments by number of shares I have and then it sees that I have additional $ in contribution account. In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: >When I imp...

printing document a mix of text and photos imported from photoshop
Printer prints document where the text is accurate, however most of the phots come out black...anyone know why? Hi j hall (jhall@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Printer prints document where the text is accurate, however most of || the phots come out black...anyone know why? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers website of your printer to download and inst...

Office 2000 SR-1 Installer prevents the opening of an Excel file
I have Office 2000 running XP Pro -- when I click on an Excel file, I get the Windows Installer asking me to insert the Office SR-1 disk which I no longer have inmy possession. This just started after three happy years of using Office 2000. How can I return to opening my Excel files? Hi you probably need these CDs. If you have lost them you may ask Microsoft's support to send them anew -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Archiex" <Archiex@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:56BFF412-9D09-4739-9DAC-4BC80467A3B7@microsoft.com... > I have O...

How to apply formatting to Excel with existing external connection ranges?
Hi, I used Advanced Find in MSCRM and exported the results in Dynamic Excel file. Now, I wish to format the list using Excel's 'Format as Table' in Home ribbon, but it warns me that an overlapping external data ranges occurred and it will be converted to a table and remove all external connections. How will avoid this? We wish to format the list and maintain the external connections from CRM. Please advise. ...

Excel 97/2000
Hi, Can someone please help me with a formula that I am having problems creating? In a folder I have 500+ 'randomly' named workbooks, plus one master workbook. The master workbook stays the same (it is the one I work with) whilst all the others will change daily. The changing workbooks all contain the same information types - that is each one is a set of contact details, with the file name being the contact name and the following example data: A1 - Address 1 A2 - Address 2 B1 - Telephone B2 - email address etc. On a daily basis, the master workbook is to collect all this data,...

Excel User Conference Information
There's a wonderful conference for Excel Users. Led by Excel MVP's and Excel gurus. Find out details at http://www.exceluserconference.com and sign up! This is the 4th time it's been done - Fort Worth, Atlantic City, London, and now Marina Del Rey, California. Come one, come all! ...

information on publisher
what are the advagtages of using microsoft publisher community <community@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > what are the advagtages of using microsoft publisher It's better at publishing documents than a dishwasher. You can't have advantages without something to compare against. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ What about a microwave oven? Or a toaster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uNlcN%23kiGHA.4368@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl......

Convert Word address list to Excel
I'm trying to convert an old address list written in word into an excel spreadsheet.. The addresses are basic 3 lines (name, address, city, state, zip). Other than copying each item into each cell individually, is there a way to do this more efficiently? If each line of the list is ended with a hard return, then replace each hard return with a tab. Use the Replace All function. Once the whole list is tabbed, highlight the text, click on Table, then Convert text to table. Make sure you pick "Separate text at Tabs". Then clean up your table. Once it is in a good cond...

Excel 2003 multiple files open
Some users open 3-4 documents in Excel 2003, and then minimize them. When they bring them back up, the document appears blank and all the can do is file´┐Żopen the document again to bring it back up. Th problem only seems to be happening with Thin Clients Excel 2003 running on Windows 2003 terminal server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

E-mailing a message in Publisher
I have been using outlook to send my publisher documents as a message, however, I recently dicovered Windows Live Mail and I was wondering if there was a way to use this program instead of outlook to send my document as a message? I have publisher 2007 and use Vista (64-bit) Thanks for any input. Sarah ...

disable eurovalue windows at excel startup
I tried to turn off the eurovalue window everytime I start excel but without a success. Any hints? Thank you. Tools;Add-ins. Uncheck the Euro Currency tools box. "grooviechez" wrote: > I tried to turn off the eurovalue window everytime I start excel but without > a success. Any hints? > > Thank you. "grooviechez" wrote: > I tried to turn off the eurovalue window everytime I start excel but without > a success. Any hints? > > Thank you. "grooviechez" wrote: > I tried to turn off the eurovalue window everytime I start exc...

How to show filter settings in Pivottable chart in Excel 2007?
Hi, How do I get the Pivottable filter settings to be shown in the graph? This was excellent in the 2003 version. I circulate a lot of graphs based on the same Pivottable. Thanks Niklas Excel 2007 PivotChart Show report filter selection(s). http://www.mediafire.com/file/lmzuvz5mj1i/08_03_09.xlsm Tahnks! This helps for a while. Stupid thing to remove that feature. Niklas "Herbert Seidenberg" skrev: > Excel 2007 PivotChart > Show report filter selection(s). > http://www.mediafire.com/file/lmzuvz5mj1i/08_03_09.xlsm > ...

drop down cell / combobox in Pocket Excel
I have an excel spreadsheet used to gather survey data. In the desktop version many of the possible responses are in drop down selection boxes. Upon moving to Pocket Excel this functionality disappears. Is there a way to recover it. PDA environment is a dell PDA running WinCE Pocket Excel does not support drop-down selection boxes. As a replacement, try my program SpreadCE, available from: http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/ You will need to turn off the Excel -> Pocket Excel conversion in ActiveSync. "JimH" <HamJim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:053d01c38f80...

Condensed Manual for 2008 Excel

Excel Files Name Problem
Hi all, can't find a fix for this anywhere. When I open any Excel document up it launches the application but then adds the number '1' at the end of the file name. It doesn't seem to do this if I open a file from within excel. Any Ideas? Hi Paul, Do the documents you are trying to open end in .xlt rather than .xls? In other words, are the templates rather than workbooks? The behaviour you describe is that when you use a template. To open a template for editing from Windows Explorer, right-click and select 'Open' rather than 'New', which is the defau...