Images Tweeked After Upgrade...

I recently upgraded to Publisher 2003... I noticed that some of the images in
previous publisher 2000 files gett "toned down" when loaded into publisher
2003.  What were once clean strong lines become a bunch of twisted 75 dpi
scattered pixels when printed.  I can't figure out what is going on... Is
Office 2003 have some kind of graphic manager that is modifing the image when
saved?  Is Publisher causing the issue?  I have printed the same file out
hundreds of times on an older installation and compared it against the new -
I AM GOING NUTS trying to figure this one out.  All the resolutions settings
I can find are at 600x600... I did manage to look at the resolution for the
image, and it is at 75 dpi... For some reason, this one image is getting
tweaked each time... Every time I copy and paste it back into the project...
This problem does not occur on the previous version - using all the same
tools/programs/graphics...

What gives?  I know it is not the printer cause I have sent the print job to
two different printers... Thanks for your help!

Joseph
0
moon (9)

Does it also print differently?

"Joseph Moon" wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Publisher 2003... I noticed that some of the images in
> previous publisher 2000 files gett "toned down" when loaded into publisher
> 2003.  What were once clean strong lines become a bunch of twisted 75 dpi
> scattered pixels when printed.  I can't figure out what is going on... Is
> Office 2003 have some kind of graphic manager that is modifing the image when
> saved?  Is Publisher causing the issue?  I have printed the same file out
> hundreds of times on an older installation and compared it against the new -
> I AM GOING NUTS trying to figure this one out.  All the resolutions settings
> I can find are at 600x600... I did manage to look at the resolution for the
> image, and it is at 75 dpi... For some reason, this one image is getting
> tweaked each time... Every time I copy and paste it back into the project...
> This problem does not occur on the previous version - using all the same
> tools/programs/graphics...
>
> What gives?  I know it is not the printer cause I have sent the print job to
> two different printers... Thanks for your help!
>
> Joseph

image maps in html stationery
image maps in html stationery don't work in outlook 2007? <lelanie melville> wrote in message news:20081216816lelanie@lelaniemelvill.comq... > image maps in html stationery don't work in outlook 2007? I don't believe Outlook 2007's rendering engine supports image maps. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page.
-- Heather ...

Restoring a 1 year old Ghost image of Exchange 2003 and copying current mail databases
Each night, after a full backup (Arcserve) I am getting NTFS errors on my Exchange server which cause Exchange to stop delivering email until I reboot it. I have raid 1 and replaced both drives with new ones and imaged the current Exchange instllation to the new drives. The problem persists. I will run a chkdsk tomorrow to see if I can repair the problem but I am planning for a worst case scenario. I have a ghost image of the exchange server from 1 year ago. I plan to backup/copy mail and public folder databases, restore the image from last year, service pack the server, and copy the mail and...

picture upgrades?
Do the picture files that are attached to reports in report writer remain available after an upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0? -- Have a great day! W Sue Pictures attached to reports are not stored as separate files. Once you copy and paste the image into the report writer, it is added into the reports.dic. As long as you upgrade your reports.dic, the pictures should still be there. Also if you export packages using Customisation Maintenance (Tools >> Customise >> Customisation Maintenance), the images are contained in the package as binary data. Importing the packag...

images >64k using GetDIBits and SetDIBits
How is possible to manipulate BMP images more big than 64k using GetDIBits and SetDIBits?? ...

WinXP Upgrade
I have an older Windows 2000 machine. I am attempting to upgrade to XP. I do not have the password to log onto the machine and can not get it. I have the XP disk and when I attept to boot from there it stalls at "Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM :". And and all suggestions on how to get past this would be appreciated. Thank you, "pjhjones" <pjhjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2D79457-76F0-4E3C-A30C-C824233AADAC@microsoft.com... > I have an older Windows 2000 machine. I am attempting to upgrade to XP. > > I do not have th...

SQL 2005 Upgrade
WE are running GP 9.0 on SQL 2000. We have purchased a new server and will run SQL 2005. I have not been able to find documentation on the best wasy to do the migration. Can someone please point me to the appropriate Kb atricle(s). Yhanks, Mike ...

Service Pack 2 Upgrade stuck at "Stopping IISADMIN"
I''m in the process of upgrading our Exchange 2003 sp1 server to service pack 2. It's a 2 node clustered server. I applied the patch to one server, failed it over, upgraded the virtual server and brought everything online. Everything is up and functional, with service pack 2 on that one node. I then proceeded to install SP2 on the second node. It got an error during pre-installation about MSDTC. I had seen this before when testing the upgrade on a test/virtual cluster and the install program would exit out with an error, but if you ran it again, it would work just fine. BUT,...

GP 10 upgrade
Hi, I am trying to upgrade from GP9 SP4 to GP10. When I run the upgrade routine it starts upgrading the DYNAMICS database, however when it gets to the Update button and I press this, it then runs and does some updates but finishes again at the same Update button. I cannot seem to get further than this. If I choose to do the upgrade without converting user security I get past this problem - however I do need to upgrade user security. I have tried various things - and believe my problem must be due to user security somehow. One thing I also noticed is that when I run Security Reconcile ...

msmoney.exe Bad Image
I tried to open Money Deluxe 2007 and got this error. The dialogue box says: MSVCP80.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. I have tried to reinstall and still can't start Money - I get the same error. The MSVCP80.dll file contains 0 bites. I also get a message that says before you can use Money on this computer, you must run the Setup program on the Money CD or in the directory where the Money files were copie...

KB Article 210100 (Image From a Folder in a Form)
Hello, Just wondering if anyone has experience with this article. I have put it into my DB but can only seem to ge the "NoPicture" picture to display in my image control form instead of the actual picture. I have checked the code and everything seems to be right (it must be searching the right directory if it's finding the 'NoPicture' picture). In each record that has a picture linked to it, it displays the proper directory in the txtImageName text box. Some things that could possibly be going wrong (but I dont know) might be: I'm using JPEG's and not BMP'...

CRM
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae191cd0-5acb-4d8a-b429-18ff05fd0122&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

erro upgrading From 8.0 to 9.0
Hello I got error in upgrading GP 9.0 to 9.0 on (Load Table Auto Procs ) and the error message is : ************** The stored procedure DumpTransactionLog() of form DuSQL: 26Pass Through SQL returned the following results : DBMS: 3013 , Microsoft Dynamics GP:0 ************** Any solution ?? Thanks, Have given this error to Microsoft customer services??? May be they will solve this problem because i have also same problem in database.. Amdawi wrote: > Hello > I got error in upgrading GP 9.0 to 9.0 > on (Load Table Auto Procs ) > and the error message is : > *************...

Images Aren't Showing Up
Even though I have selected detailed display, images including photos and clipart are not showing up when I am editing the page or on print preview. The only show up on my printouts. Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:712FFE2B-A5AC-4A00-8F0F-5E3CF07F009C@microsoft.com... > Even though I have selected detailed...

view images in outlook
is there any way to see an attached image inside a mail in outlook? also, when you receive a forward from a forward from a forward .... of a message, you have to click many times, and it is very boring. Is ther any way to see all the messages together? thanks alson <xavi@volums.com> wrote: > is there any way to see an attached image inside a mail in outlook? If the sender formats the message as HTML and actually embeds the image in the page, then you'll see it that way. > also, when you receive a forward from a forward from a forward .... of > a message, you have to cli...

Does CToolBar::LoadBitmap work with 24 or 32-bit images?
I was hoping that LoadBitmap() would be able to load 24 and/or 32-bit images. I could not find anything in on-line docs that would suggest that this api is limited to lower color images (which I know is true for LoadToolbar()). I've tried a 32-bit bitmap with 8 images and it 'almost' worked. It seemed like the first image was wider by one pixel and then all the remaining images were cut on the left side. I was surprised that the alpha blending worked. The same bitmap converted to 24-bits and loaded into the toolbar produced black squares. Could someone please give me s...

Find Pages Containing an Image
How can I use FrontPage (2003) to list the pages that an image appears in on a site? In other words, xyz.jpg appears in several pages. How do I find out which pages it is on? Thanks. Easiest way for me is to use the hyperlinks view from the tabs. Highlight the image from the folder list and you should see in hyperlink view what pages it is part of. That will work only if you are using relative links and not the full url of the image. Pat "mustang25" <mustang25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B49ACDA2-05F4-43F4-9501-EA2EAC36F2AF@mic...

Cannot print the image on E-mail body
Hi everyone, I have problem to printing out the image was pasted on the e-mail body But I try to print it at outlook express, it work. Do you guy kno how to config. this problem to print the image out from outlook 2000. Also, the image can show on the e-mail body, but when i go to prin preview it won't show. Plz, help me out. Thank you abc12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message401233.htm ...

How do I include my new images in chunk file?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0139_01C4B566.BB700970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi- Would someone tell me how to include a custom image that I used in a = report in chunk file? Thanks- --=20 Roxy ------=_NextPart_000_0139_01C4B566.BB700970 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type cont...

Outlook missing after XPHome upgrade
After upgrading from Windows 98SE to XPHome, my Outlook software is no longer recognized. My original MS Office2000 disk is not acceptable either; the computer is looking for an Outlook 2002 disk. As I recall, I loaded some software that contained an upgrade to 2002, but I have no idea what or where it is. Any suggestions? Bonnie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After upgrading from Windows 98SE to XPHome, my Outlook > software is no longer recognized. My original MS > Office2000 disk is not acceptable either; the computer is > looking for an Outlook ...

Error message when importing/inserting images from file
I have Publisher 2000 Small Business edition and for some reason whenever I try inserting an image from a file it says that the graphic file cannot be converted and that I should hit F1 for help or reinstall office to add the converters... i have tried this and it does not work Added information: The error also say the picture format was not recognized or there was an error loading the graphic converter. i've tried inserting bitmap, jpeg, gif and it still says the same thing Might be your graphic filters. Do you have problems inserting from the Clip Gallery? Re-installing doesn...

How does one CENTER images, text boxes etc., on a PAGE?
I have not been able to find the feature that centers all images or selected images, taxt boxes, etc., on a page. Secondly, I have noticed that if the content of one page are copied on to another page, the copied sontent is not placed in the exactly same location as the copied material. W#hy does this happen and how can it be fixed? I am using Publisher 2003 and 2002. The problem seems to related to both versions. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Stevk <stevk@idirect.com>... > I have not been able to find the feature that centers all images ...

Upgrading to OS X Leopard
I am currently running Tiger, and have Office for Mac 2004 on my mac. I want to upgrade to leopard, and I wish to inquire if my doing a "Erase and Install" of OS X 10.5 Leopard will result in my losing of my Office for Mac from my hard disk. I wish to inquire if installing Office for Mac on the same Mac after the upgrade will use a new CD key, or if the previous CD key used on the Mac before upgrading OS X. I want to upgrade my computer quickly, and want to have this enquiry answered quickly, so I would appreciate a quick reply. Thanks. In article <1193916897.320392.92600@i13g2...

upgrading from vista to win 7 question
Would I still be able to do the upgrade even though I was never able to get SP 1 or SP 2 installed on my laptop? Debbie On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:49:06 -0500, "Debbie Graham" <jgraham1@luvscats.com> wrote: > Would I still be able to do the upgrade even though I was never able to get > SP 1 or SP 2 installed on my laptop? Maybe, but... Here's my view. I recommend doing an upgrade rather than a clean installation because it usually saves you a lot of work (and worst case, if it causes you trouble, you can always redo it as a clean installation)...

Cannot add user in upgraded GP9.0
I transferred my SQL server to another server and upgraded it from GP7.5 to version 9. Whenever I add users to upgraded GP9.0 it says something like, 'User is not part of SQL logins' this happens even if I already refresh my login through SQL Enterprise Logins. And captured ogins from GP7.5 where also not recognized by SQL. What did I do wrong? Please help Was you 7.5 set up to automatically add the SQL logins? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladeP...