Images not displaying on page

Hi,

Apologies if this is a frequently asked question...

PC has Publisher 2003 + SP1 (11.6255.6408) on WinXPPro + SP2, 4Gb RAM

Problem I'm having is when I try to open a Publisher document which was not
created on the above PC i.e. sent to me from someone else, or created by me
on my previous PC.

Specifically, any images do not display on the page, or in Print Preview.
However, they do appear in the Graphics Manager if I click the Show
Thumbnail checkbox, and they do print correctly. If I click View, Pictures
on the menubar, the dialog is set to Detailed Display. If I change this,
click OK, then change it back, still nothing.

If I hover over the pictures, the cursor changes to the four-arrow picture
curcor and shows the "Picture" tooltip. If I then click on the pictures, the
Picture toolbar appears. If I right-click on the pictures, I can export them
as JPG, GIF etc. They just don't display on the page or in Print Preview.

I've tried recoloring them, bringing them forward, bringing them to the
front etc.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark Rae

0
mark2167 (8)

Slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, if that cures the issue, you need
to upgrade your video driver.
Right-click the desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab.
You can test this too by opening the publication in safe mode.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mark Rae" <mark@mark-N-O-S-P-A-M-rae.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Apologies if this is a frequently asked question...
>
> PC has Publisher 2003 + SP1 (11.6255.6408) on WinXPPro + SP2, 4Gb RAM
>
> Problem I'm having is when I try to open a Publisher document which was not created
> on the above PC i.e. sent to me from someone else, or created by me on my previous
> PC.
>
> Specifically, any images do not display on the page, or in Print Preview. However,
> they do appear in the Graphics Manager if I click the Show Thumbnail checkbox, and
> they do print correctly. If I click View, Pictures on the menubar, the dialog is
> set to Detailed Display. If I change this, click OK, then change it back, still
> nothing.
>
> If I hover over the pictures, the cursor changes to the four-arrow picture curcor
> and shows the "Picture" tooltip. If I then click on the pictures, the Picture
> toolbar appears. If I right-click on the pictures, I can export them as JPG, GIF
> etc. They just don't display on the page or in Print Preview.
>
> I've tried recoloring them, bringing them forward, bringing them to the front etc.
>
> Any assistance gratefully received.
>
> Mark Rae

0
gsauer (5093)
3/9/2005 9:27:00 AM
"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

> Slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, if that cures the
> issue, you need to upgrade your video driver.
> Right-click the desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced button,
> troubleshoot tab.

Thanks a lot - sliding the Hardware Acceleration down to "None" fixed the
problem. I'll see if I can update my video drivers now.

0
mark2167 (8)

Change Password Http page on OWA, page not found error
I need help. I have configured the password change option on Exchange 2003 Ent/Windows 2000 Advanced, as described in the following link: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Securing-Exchange-Server-2003-Outlook-Web-Access-Chapter5.html But when I click the Change Password Option I get an error that says "the page cannot be found" Http error 404. Does anyone have any idea on what I am missing? Thank U in advance. Hi, Do you have SSL enabled, this needs to be enabled before the change password option will work. Also you might want to look at this article: http://support.micro...

My pictures are compressed somehow and they don't display on my s.
My pictures do not show up on my screen but they do print and I can see them on my print preview and I must have a wrong setting somewhere. Can anyone help me, I can't work with them when I can't see them and I have a job to complete. I have never run into this before View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Marian" <Marian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A63F349-C593-435E-99A1-518BE2FB9CD4@microsoft.com... > My pictures do not show up on m...

Tree view of wiki pages: is it possible???
Hi all, I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have on the left side menu (the quick launch menu) somehting like a tree view that let me easy navigate the wiki pages... maybe a wiki library is not what I need, because none will add or remove contents... basically I'm using a site as an "instruction book"... and the tree view should make easy to navigate the differents web pages... any suggestion??? Thanks Vit On Mar 19, 5:59=A0pm, Vit <fina...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have...

How to display mfc control in new look style?
Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in new look style? Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is. http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/ I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1 (look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed as I want in Picture 2. I use MFC 9 (vs2008). Thank you for any help! "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Same image/every page
Hi I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in Word. Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in Word? TIA mw maxxwitt wrote: > Hi > I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear > automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and ...

Page Breaks Problem ( Emergency , Gurus.. PleaseHelp)
Can any body help me immediately. Please understand the snario. I am setting the page breaks on my excel sheet. that i had generated b executing code from Visual Basic. When i first time generate the exce sheet the code used to set the page breaks executes right. but when second time execute the code. the code to set the page breaks, Fails. Below is given the code that i am using to set the page breaks. Plese help .. wrkSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(Row, 1) wrkSheet.VPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(1, CmbMaxColumns+1) Follwing is the error that s show when i execute the code s...

Want to make complex header on 2nd and 3rd page
I need to make a quotation which consists of a first page, thats fully on its own and then two pages which has a same header. The header, though, consists of quite a lot of text and also a company logo and that was byond the header functionality. How to get the 2nd and 3rd pages with a complex upper part? Bart Exc 2003 ...

Stem-and-leaf display\Excel 2000
Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or numeric data. Any help or information is appreciated. Thank you. This Google search yields 46,500 results http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=excel+chart+stem+leaf&btnG=Search -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fjm" <fjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336E0EC1-A433-4112-A268-A30BFA44CFC6@microsoft.com... > Create a stem-and-leaf display using Excel 2000, using either character or > numeric data. Any...

Customer (Pole) Display
Hi, I'm having a problem where Pole Display's on one customer site are dying one by one. At first it starts flickering, then within a few days it dies completely. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Thanks. This may be an OPOS driver mismatch or wrong Baud Rate issue. Which PD model and OPOS driver are you using? Try to change the baud rate to others value first. "trcboy" <trcboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30ECE7B-0AF4-4497-873D-D9900D5F6B4F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm having a problem where Pole Display's ...

Allow html and images in e-mail templates
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7833001c-d399-42a3-a109-583a5ef9167d&dg=microsoft.public.crm Richer e-mail template tools (and ones that are easier for...

Displaying images as a result of an 'if' statement
Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cel contains a certain value? Ive got if statements nailed, its not problem with that i have, just the returning of an image, rather tha text ar a hyperlink. Eg, "if cell A1="stadium", to show a picture of a stadium in cell C1" Thanks in advance for any hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cell > contains a certain value? Ive got if statemen...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

Invalid page fault #4
When I start up Outlook a message displays this program has performed an Illegal Operation. Further explanation describes " Outlook caused an invalid page fault in clthood.dll @0197:61c05319". Just started doing this. When I try to reinstall Outlook, I get a message Unable to run setup. Any suggestions? Hi, Are you sure that the name of the file is correct ? Is it clthood.dll ??? Please verify .. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4cf201c3ffcf$168c6a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > ...

keeping footer from resizing when using the fit to page function
How do I keep the footer from shrinking in excel when i use the "fit to page" option for my worksheets. I'd like it to stay the same size no matter what the font of the worksheet is. ...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

print preview does not match page i am working on
In this white space (not the subject line), let us about the problem in more detail If print preview is showing only part of the worksheet, then you need to reset the print area in the File | Print Area dialogs best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "gillygalloo" <gillygalloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9739F8B9-CBC6-4722-88FA-AEC01F6348FC@microsoft.com... > ...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

Display Screen 1/2 Grid; 1/2 VBE (or at least Code Window)
Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and side by side) a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? If you just want to look at macros do a cltr+' (key to left of 1). John North Yorkshire UK "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:Fqb7d.10064$0j.2648@lakeread07... > Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and > side > by side) > a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? > > Jim With Excel workbook open to the sheet of your choice and VBE o...

Outlook Web Access
I cannot open e-mails forwarded to me from several AOL users. OWA shows "The page cannot be displayed" message. I can open all other e-mails. Looking at the details of the message I find these content types: multipart/mixed, text/plain, message/rfc822, multipart/alternative, text/html, application/msword. text/html is the only one represented in the registry and is in Level2MIMETypes registry entry. Any help on what may be blocking these e- mails is greatly appreciated. ...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

how to retrieve data from password protected web pages?
how can I retrieve data from password protected web pages in excel? ...

linked pages not working properly in mspub2000 for windows
Hi, On a pc, I created a 31 page document possibly done in Pub.98 that functioned perfectly. Now, while trying to edit/revise that document on a new computer in Pub 2000, finding that when I add new/additional text, instead of the text linking to the next page, it links to a page at the end of the document. For example, I am typing on page 20 and instead of the text continuing onto page 21, it jumps to the end of the document (page 31) I have tried to create links between pg 21 & 22, but can't create a link- I get a message that there is 'text'. It will only link to a bla...

Public Folder Permissions Not Displaying Correctly in Outlook
This is a weird one. I'm using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 in cached exchange mode. About 6 months ago I migrated from 5.5 to 2003. New server, new install and then moved the mailboxes and folders over. All worked well, no problems. Recently, I have been upgrading my clients to Office 2003 and received a few reports that users were not able to create or edit information in the Public Folders even though they had the proper permissions. I usually just re-applied the permissions and moved on. However, I have run into a problem where the permissions in the Exchange System Manager (ESM) sh...

Outlook 2003 error
I am using Outlook 2003 on a WinXP Pro PC in standalone (no Exchange connection). I am getting this error message when trying to access a folder from one of the shortcuts. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The links in my favorites work just fine so the folders are still in tact and working as they should. The error occurs when I try to access via a link from my Today screen. This error started right about the time I started using Interenet Explorer 7 Beta but I'm not absolutely positive that is what set it off. Be...

linked values not displayed unless source file open
i have an excel sheet with cells linked to cells in another seperate excel file. Excel will not show the values unless I have the source file open. this always used to work with the source file closed. Now the target file shows #value. this is a major nuisance if there are 7 or 8 linked files! please help. Sandy There are some worksheet functions that don't work with closed workbooks. =indirect(), =countif(), =sumif() are a few. If you share your formula, you may find that there's an alternative that you can use. Sandyc wrote: > > i have an excel sheet with cells l...