image enlarges when uploaded to web

I created a header image for a website in publisher, the size  of it is 7.85
in x 1.9 in, saved as jpeg file, also bmp file, when I upload the graphic
into builderspot, the graphic enlarges to about 20 inches across by 5 in.
deep.  How can I keep the correct dimensions so when I upload this it wont
increase in size?  Help!  Dawn
0
Dawn (80)

Inches isn't the same as pixels. Your picture needs to be measured in pixels,
probably about 750 pixels. In Publisher, Tools, Options, change the measurements
to pixels. Re-work your banner.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a header image for a website in publisher, the size  of it is 7.85
> in x 1.9 in, saved as jpeg file, also bmp file, when I upload the graphic
> into builderspot, the graphic enlarges to about 20 inches across by 5 in.
> deep.  How can I keep the correct dimensions so when I upload this it wont
> increase in size?  Help!  Dawn

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/3/2008 7:29:22 PM
A p.s.
You need to factor in ppi as well.  Web images will do well at 72 ppi or less.
Look here,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixels_per_inch
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Inches isn't the same as pixels. Your picture needs to be measured in pixels,
> probably about 750 pixels. In Publisher, Tools, Options, change the
> measurements to pixels. Re-work your banner.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I created a header image for a website in publisher, the size  of it is 7.85
>> in x 1.9 in, saved as jpeg file, also bmp file, when I upload the graphic
>> into builderspot, the graphic enlarges to about 20 inches across by 5 in.
>> deep.  How can I keep the correct dimensions so when I upload this it wont
>> increase in size?  Help!  Dawn

0
mary-sauer (6480)

what is up with the web forum??
I see all kinds of crazy fonts and even some arabic.... Then it says hacker web... I am guessing someone hacked into it?? Hi how do you access the forum? Directly as it seems? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany eluehmann wrote: > I see all kinds of crazy fonts and even some arabic.... Then it says > hacker web... I am guessing someone hacked into it?? I usually use the other way to access, via the web, I find it more asthetically pleasing "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:%23B3Qmk0lEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > ho...

help with excel needed http://www.excelforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
HI all you excel wizo's How can I create a spreadsheet to model a performance related pay increases, within difference pay bands, with staff turnover over 5 years expected to be reduced from 20% to 16% each year how would I model a radom selection of staff across banding within turnover parameters each year? :confused: Thanks :) :) -- boggle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ boggle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=543964 b...

Images will not display
Images that were saved in previous versions of Excel will not display when opened in Excel 2002. Images types include bitmaps, jpeg, gif, clip art and autoshapes. The images are present as the placeholder is outlined when the image is clicked. It should also be noted that images DO show up in Print Preview as well as on paper when printed. Hello- First thing to check: go to Tools>Options>View & see if Show Placeholders is selected instead of Show Objects. Hope this helps |:>) "GRS&S" wrote: > Images that were saved in previous versions of Excel wil...

Image in Footer not Displaying
Hello, I am using MSProject 2003 SP3. I've inserted an image in my footer but it's not displaying or printing in the print preview mode. Has anyone come across this before? Thanks! I can not duplicate it here. On the Header/Footer tabs, did you use the "insert picture" icon, or did you use some other process? Also, might the image be too large? If I try to insert a huge picture I get an error message that says my print area is too small. -- Jim Aksel, MVP Check my blog for more info: http://www.msprojectblog.com This newsgroup is moving, try h...

web page opening
Hi, everybody: In my application I'm using ChtmlView for displaying certain web page. Is there any way to know, if the proper web page (passed to Navigate2 function) has been opened successfully? GetOffline() function doesn't help, because connection to the internet could be fine, its just web page being navigated on some reason couldn't be opened. In this case ChtmlView is displaying "Action Cancelled". So can I learn somehow from ChtmlView what's being displayed - the proper link or "Action Cancelled"? Thanks in advance, Andrei Hello, I...

Web Pages created with Access
Hi, I want to build Web pages with Access (Data Access Page), I mean not only to relate An Application to an Access D.B , but to develope web pages with the Access. Can any Browser open thus web pages? Is Access need to be installed on the client computer so that the web page could open? I hope you understand my intention, Thank's Ronen Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291783 --->>>Inline Responses "משלוח נתונים ב- Publisher" <Publisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F48BEC6E-E481-4595-9731-794DF1B6C44A@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

Publisher and Image formats
I have created an illustration for a client. I have scanned it/prepped it in photoshop. My client will be importing it into a publisher document. He wants it to be without a background. Can Publisher use an EPS file which I can prepare without background? Or I could create a tiff with an embedded channel or clipping path. Does Publisher have runaround capabilities? How would you go about it? ...

Using the Web browser ActiveX from a service
Hi, I wrote a service whose icon sits in the tray and waits for the user to choose items from a right-click popup menu. One of the menu items pops up a dialog. This works fine for an empty dialog, but as soon as I drop the Microsoft Webbrowser ActiveX control on it (using Visual C++), no dialog pops up at all. No (manual) code change, just added the control to the dialog. Can someone please tell me what to do in order for the web- browser control to work in such a dialog, or if it isn't possible at all. Thanks, Tom Hi, "Thomas Wana" wrote: > Hi, > > I wrote a se...

web access not loading
Hi Using Outlook web access, all of a sudden it won't display the messages just the loading caption. Server side settings OK and my IE 6.1 settings show 128 bit encryption cipher. only happens on my own home PC was fine on it a few weeks back. Any ideas out there what may be causing it? thanks "Wendy Bowler" <thebowlers@tesco.net> wrote in news:9_r%b.38$44.37@newsfe1-win: > Using Outlook web access, all of a sudden it won't display the > messages just the loading caption. Server side settings OK and my IE > 6.1 settings show 128 bit encryption cipher. ...

Automatically saving Calendar as web page
Hi Can somebody help me out? What I want to automate my Calendar Save as Web page. Let's say every hour or so. The motivation is that a schedule will publish every 2 hours an update of my calendar on my website. I don't have always access to my computer to manually do the Save as Web page, but I do synchronize from time to time my PPC with my Outlook over the Internet. These changes in Calendar must reflect as well on my website to inform some people when I have meeting opportunities. So far I couldn't see any way to automate it. My guess a macro can do the trick, but my sk...

How to pass data to an external web page
Hi, I want from a picklist selection to send my selection to an external web page, how I can do it ? Thanks a lot and Happy New Year hmmm well a picklist can have javascript attached to it so perhaps you could get the japascript to launch a new page with your item? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Dan" <dtiansio@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b92286aa.0501051155.4f1ded9@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I want from a picklist selection to send my selection to an external > web page, h...

Images #6
How do I enable images and pictures using Outlook 2007 Pro? I am using XP as my OS. What do you mean enable images and pictures? What are you seeing? "grabeard" <grabeard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2BA1FFA-B5ED-401B-8747-A88A9509A299@microsoft.com... > How do I enable images and pictures using Outlook 2007 Pro? I am using XP as > my OS. > > > > > All I see is the empty boxes where images should appear. "K. Orland" wrote: > What do you mean enable images and pictures? What are you seeing? > > > &qu...

Image Datatype in SQL2005
I have a SQL table that contains a column of data type of image. Any attempts to display this in SSRS 2005 is successful. I have been told that the column is actually in hex format. Is there any way to convert this into an image format that SSRS 2005 will render. "MichaelH" <bmiguelh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7c7fab65-e84b-4b09-99f7-0b1a964b0044@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... >I have a SQL table that contains a column of data type of image. > > Any attempts to display this in SSRS 2005 is successful. > > I have been told that the colum...

How to call a web service from VC6?
Hi i am working on user authentication where i have to use web service which is running on web server (programmed using c#). How can i call this web service in Visual C++6. Any hints or code snippet will be highly appreciated... Thanks in advance Mujtaba Mujtaba wrote: > Hi > > i am working on user authentication where i have to use web service > which is running on web server (programmed using c#). How can i call > this web service in Visual C++6. > > Any hints or code snippet will be highly appreciated... > > Thanks in advance > > Mujtaba search gSOA...

jpg and other image file attachements.
Suddenly when I try to open jpg file attachments I get an error message stating: "The system cannot find the file specified." But I can save these files and view them from my hard drive with the media player and other image viewing software. Anybody have any ideas why this is happening in outlook? ...

Save as web page
Is there a way to use the "Save as web page" menu function, to save a calendar as a web page, on a periodic basis. I would like to publish my calendar to a web page, but I don't want to have to keep doing it manually. I don't want to use the publish option (at least I don't think I do), because then you need to use outlook to view the information. ...

Using images in microsoft publisher to create flyers
Are you able to use images in microsoft publisher to create flyers and distribute those flyers via mail? Thanks in advance Sure... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tou.aspx See the EULA If you have a valid license to Office, you can use the clips: Personal items Business items, under the following restrictions: 1. The clip should not be used as a part of your logo. 2. If you are selling an item which depicts the clip, the clip cannot be the primary value of the item ( you cannot sell a clipart collection or sell a book of just clipart, etc) -- Paul Ballou MVP Office --...

WEB REQUEST TIMEOUT
Hi! I have make application that processed account record of CRM and it carries out update about this record. Some records processed succesfully, but some records, have many "ownerid" to processed: update to this records is difficult: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse (WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequ est request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodN ame, Object[] parameters) a...

Access Services?? Accessing DB from web??
Could someone explain to be the workflow/possibilities of Sharepoint or other Access services? Please forgive me, in advance, if I do not get all my terminology right on this subject. I continue to read things about Sharepoint and Access Services that hint at what I would like to do, but I don't quite understand what they do or how they intergrate into Acess or if they will for sure be a solution. Do any of these services make it possible for users to access a database from the the internet? If not is there a way to do this without building a php or asp based website to...

Large images to print
Hi group of pro's, My question is simple : I have a table containing 131 records with image names in it. The images are large, from 3 to 49 Mb. How to print (A2000 ou A2002) the images ? Image container : image too big ... (is the limit approx 4Mb ?) On a form the message is err 2114, on a report, non message but NO image.... UnBound or Bound frames : With the code onFormat : OLEUnbound0.SourceDoc = Document_Path & Document_Name 'it is OK (even with a 4Mb image) Debug.Print "OLEUnbound0.SourceDoc : " & OLEUnbound0.SourceDoc the debug shows well all the n...

Re-setting Money Central (Web access)?
Does anyone know how to reset the Money Central without having to cancel Bill Pay? The wizard asks you to disable Bill Pay, but there is no way (that I know of) to disable it, only cancel - and I do not want to do that since I have bills already set up. ...

Publisher for Office XP does'nt allow Saving Picture on the web
I am unable to download (save) pictures from my web site, created with Office XP Publisher. There is just no option to save when you right-click on a picture. Why is this & can I get around this problem? From the FAQ at http://www.publishermvps.com/WebDesign/FAQ/tabid/30/Default.aspx Q. When I right-click images on my v.2003 web page I cannot "save as picture" the image. A. The VML technology used by version 2003 and the Internet Explorer browser turns off the save as picture function. Other browsers not supporting VML should let you do it. Remember too that the images ...

How to specify a port for Outlook Web Access redirection ?
We have the following scenario. There are several exchange servers being accessed using outlook web access and using windows integrated authentication. Since windows integrated authentication is not supported for front end servers a frontend backend setup cannot be used. We therefore woul like to use a backend server (myorgex3) that does not host any mailbox as a pseudo front end server. A users mail box is located on exchange server myorgex2. When a user tries to access the mailbox using Outlook web access on the pseudo front end exchange server myorgex3 the http request is being r...

Opening Email Web Link In New Window
First off, I know about the "solution" to this problem wherein you go to IE's Tools->Internet Options->Advanced and uncheck "Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts". My problem is I use Mozilla and Mozilla doesn't control hyperlinks in Outlook. I hate to get legalistic about this, but the annoying "solution" everyone has to adopt to keep Outlook from trashing their web browser sessions is not only indicative of Microsoft's incompetence, but isn't this an anti-trust issue as well? Why couldn't the Outlook team simply do what IE does when...

Image duplicated when printed out.
The SHORT: My graphic is duplicating itself in the size specified as if it were a movie presentation with the frames scrolling past. The image is a "square" and the top half is the top half of the graphic, and the bottom half is the top half duplicated. (The bottom half is not visible, seemingly covered up. The new "square" has two top half graphics instead of a full "square" graphic with a top and a bottom. The LONG: I have an image [clip art] in Publisher 2003 (j0399972.jpg) which I did a search for using the program's option to search in Clip Art...