ID Cards - How to print different pictures on one page?

We need to be able to print multiple id cards on one page that are business 
card size.  The template is the same, i know i can use mail merge to pull in 
each of their names and titles, however, a picture has to be added as well.  
I can't figure out if I can do that.  Please advise.
0
TKGerdie (7)
6/25/2009 5:29:01 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
994 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

What version Publisher? What program are you using as a data source?

If you are using 2003 or 2007 you can setup your page as a catalog merge. One 
down and one across if you use a business card template.
Add the pictures to your data. In the data field type the picture name plus the 
format (.jpg for example). I have discovered the easiest way to do the merge is 
to have the data base and pictures in the same folder. This eliminates the need 
to type a path in the picture field. Publisher will resize the pictures 
automatically.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:635A661A-88AF-4661-85AA-73E8DE1A9A8F@microsoft.com...
> We need to be able to print multiple id cards on one page that are business
> card size.  The template is the same, i know i can use mail merge to pull in
> each of their names and titles, however, a picture has to be added as well.
> I can't figure out if I can do that.  Please advise. 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/25/2009 8:13:01 PM
Publisher 2003 is the version.  I was using Excel as the data source program. 
 The pictures are what are throwing me off.  The picture file name is Justin 
Depew.jpg.  The picture is saved in the same folder as the excel sheet.  But 
the picture isn't being imported into the publisher?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher? What program are you using as a data source?
> 
> If you are using 2003 or 2007 you can setup your page as a catalog merge. One 
> down and one across if you use a business card template.
> Add the pictures to your data. In the data field type the picture name plus the 
> format (.jpg for example). I have discovered the easiest way to do the merge is 
> to have the data base and pictures in the same folder. This eliminates the need 
> to type a path in the picture field. Publisher will resize the pictures 
> automatically.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:635A661A-88AF-4661-85AA-73E8DE1A9A8F@microsoft.com...
> > We need to be able to print multiple id cards on one page that are business
> > card size.  The template is the same, i know i can use mail merge to pull in
> > each of their names and titles, however, a picture has to be added as well.
> > I can't figure out if I can do that.  Please advise. 
> 
> 
> 
0
TKGerdie (7)
6/26/2009 12:40:00 PM
Do you have a picture field? This is where you type Justin Depew.jpg. along with 
having the physical picture in the folder. In Publisher, the drop down in step 
#3 of the catalog merge; have you selected *Insert as a picture.*
There are tutorials here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504381033.aspx
-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:14946511-149D-4A01-A326-656F74BBE53B@microsoft.com...
> Publisher 2003 is the version.  I was using Excel as the data source program.
> The pictures are what are throwing me off.  The picture file name is Justin
> Depew.jpg.  The picture is saved in the same folder as the excel sheet.  But
> the picture isn't being imported into the publisher?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What version Publisher? What program are you using as a data source?
>>
>> If you are using 2003 or 2007 you can setup your page as a catalog merge. One
>> down and one across if you use a business card template.
>> Add the pictures to your data. In the data field type the picture name plus 
>> the
>> format (.jpg for example). I have discovered the easiest way to do the merge 
>> is
>> to have the data base and pictures in the same folder. This eliminates the 
>> need
>> to type a path in the picture field. Publisher will resize the pictures
>> automatically.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:635A661A-88AF-4661-85AA-73E8DE1A9A8F@microsoft.com...
>> > We need to be able to print multiple id cards on one page that are business
>> > card size.  The template is the same, i know i can use mail merge to pull 
>> > in
>> > each of their names and titles, however, a picture has to be added as well.
>> > I can't figure out if I can do that.  Please advise.
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/26/2009 1:06:25 PM
Yeah that worked!  Ok, now hopefully my last hurdle is this.  I want to print 
the id cards.  I only need one copy of each ID card, but I want to print them 
all on one page.  How do i tell Publisher to do that?  It keeps creating a 
whole page with 10 of them for each person.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have a picture field? This is where you type Justin Depew.jpg. along with 
> having the physical picture in the folder. In Publisher, the drop down in step 
> #3 of the catalog merge; have you selected *Insert as a picture.*
> There are tutorials here
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504381033.aspx
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:14946511-149D-4A01-A326-656F74BBE53B@microsoft.com...
> > Publisher 2003 is the version.  I was using Excel as the data source program.
> > The pictures are what are throwing me off.  The picture file name is Justin
> > Depew.jpg.  The picture is saved in the same folder as the excel sheet.  But
> > the picture isn't being imported into the publisher?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What version Publisher? What program are you using as a data source?
> >>
> >> If you are using 2003 or 2007 you can setup your page as a catalog merge. One
> >> down and one across if you use a business card template.
> >> Add the pictures to your data. In the data field type the picture name plus 
> >> the
> >> format (.jpg for example). I have discovered the easiest way to do the merge 
> >> is
> >> to have the data base and pictures in the same folder. This eliminates the 
> >> need
> >> to type a path in the picture field. Publisher will resize the pictures
> >> automatically.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:635A661A-88AF-4661-85AA-73E8DE1A9A8F@microsoft.com...
> >> > We need to be able to print multiple id cards on one page that are business
> >> > card size.  The template is the same, i know i can use mail merge to pull 
> >> > in
> >> > each of their names and titles, however, a picture has to be added as well.
> >> > I can't figure out if I can do that.  Please advise.
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
TKGerdie (7)
6/26/2009 4:21:02 PM
In Publisher 2007, select Multiple pages per sheet. In 2003 you may get the same 
information on each card, this is a Publisher bug. Print a test, there is an 
option to do this in the print dialog.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B55DBC52-0FE7-4EC5-8383-DC503FE124FE@microsoft.com...
> Yeah that worked!  Ok, now hopefully my last hurdle is this.  I want to print
> the id cards.  I only need one copy of each ID card, but I want to print them
> all on one page.  How do i tell Publisher to do that?  It keeps creating a
> whole page with 10 of them for each person.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you have a picture field? This is where you type Justin Depew.jpg. along 
>> with
>> having the physical picture in the folder. In Publisher, the drop down in 
>> step
>> #3 of the catalog merge; have you selected *Insert as a picture.*
>> There are tutorials here
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504381033.aspx
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:14946511-149D-4A01-A326-656F74BBE53B@microsoft.com...
>> > Publisher 2003 is the version.  I was using Excel as the data source 
>> > program.
>> > The pictures are what are throwing me off.  The picture file name is Justin
>> > Depew.jpg.  The picture is saved in the same folder as the excel sheet. 
>> > But
>> > the picture isn't being imported into the publisher?
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> What version Publisher? What program are you using as a data source?
>> >>
>> >> If you are using 2003 or 2007 you can setup your page as a catalog merge. 
>> >> One
>> >> down and one across if you use a business card template.
>> >> Add the pictures to your data. In the data field type the picture name 
>> >> plus
>> >> the
>> >> format (.jpg for example). I have discovered the easiest way to do the 
>> >> merge
>> >> is
>> >> to have the data base and pictures in the same folder. This eliminates the
>> >> need
>> >> to type a path in the picture field. Publisher will resize the pictures
>> >> automatically.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >>
>> >> "TKGerdie" <TKGerdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:635A661A-88AF-4661-85AA-73E8DE1A9A8F@microsoft.com...
>> >> > We need to be able to print multiple id cards on one page that are 
>> >> > business
>> >> > card size.  The template is the same, i know i can use mail merge to 
>> >> > pull
>> >> > in
>> >> > each of their names and titles, however, a picture has to be added as 
>> >> > well.
>> >> > I can't figure out if I can do that.  Please advise.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/26/2009 4:30:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Consolidating 10 differing worksheets by left column data
Hello, I recently went through my card collection and input the various card I have. I have 10 boxes, each with their own worksheet within th workbook. columns A1 through E1 have the following assingments: Card Card Type, Quantity, Value, Set. I desire to consolidate th worksheets into one, and want to be able to do it so that if a certai card was in more than one box, the consolidation worksheet will hav the Card, Card Type, TOTAL Quantity, Value, and Set correctly. The thing to watch out for is that not all of the boxes contain th same cards and therefore the cards are not in the same...

How do I anchor one end of a linear trend line?
I want to display a linear trend line to project an end point at a future time. I have a fixed starting point and want a linear extrapolation from that point. The standard linear trend line moves the start point to give a straight line fit to the data, but that's not what I am trying to do. In article <3CB2B42C-9FDB-4308-885D-052125CA25DE@microsoft.com>, "=? Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBTcHVybG9jaw==?=" <William Spurlock@discussions.microsoft.com> says... > I want to display a linear trend line to project an end point at a future > time. I have a fixed starting p...

Business cards & printing
I have formatted some business cards with Publisher 2003 for a friend and she wants to be able to print them off from her computer. However she does not have MS Publisher, MS Word. She will probably purchase one of the Avery packages from an office supply. Is there a way I can save the file ready to print the cards with the proper number per page and convert it to jpg so she could use it? Thanks for information. Susan Hi Susan (dsnsacree@msn.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have formatted some business cards with Publisher 2003 for a || friend and she wants to be able to print ...

Combine data from multiple rows onto one row in separate columns
My table looks like this: Sample_# data1 data2 data3 data4 etc.. 0000001 0.1 0.2 0000001 2.5 0000001 0.5 0000002 0.2 0.2 0000002 3.1 0000003 0.1 0.2 I receive data at different points in time and it thus I end up with multiple sample_#'s and various data columns filled in. I would like to combine all the data for each sample into one row. I would like it to look like this: Sample_# data1 data2 data3 data4 etc.. 0000001 ...

Update KB973917, KB975929 and KB976264 Killed Network print
When I installed the updates on Vista SP2, the network print stopped working. I have an old HP printer with an Axis 540 print server and a new Brother DCP-375CW using Wi-Fi. The printers are visible form the computer and can be found in add printers, but no print job gets done, when I roll back the update, they work again. There is no problem in printing from WinXP machines. I have stopped using Windows update due to these problems. Any suggestions on solving this odd problem? For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 ...

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Printing Detailed Trail Balance
I just installed a new printer HP Deskjet 5940 and when i print Detailed Trial Balance reports it cutting off the Credit column. How do I fix this? Thanks! ...

printing 2 pages in one A4
Please help. How do I print in excel. I have data of 5000 rows and each row has 3 columns. Each A4 page can take around 80 rows of data. In order to save on paper, I was wondering if I could divide the page to accommodate 6 rows by printing rows 1-80 on left side of an a4 page and then rows 81-160 on the right side of the page. And then rows 161 to 241 on the left and rows 321 on the right side of page 2. And so on until the total 5000 rows are printed. I know I can do this page by page one at a time using the printscreen option but I was hoping I could set it up so the printing could be d...

Outlook 2002 HTML printing problem
Outlook 2002. I cannot print HTML emails. Plain text prints without any problems just HTML will not. Office xp pro is at all latest service packs. Anyone have an idea what may be wrong? ...

how do I enter more than one line in the same Excel Cell by using.
I want to have more than one line of text in the same Excel Cell without using the wrap text format option. For example, I want to put an entire address in the Cell by typing in the name of the person, then hit enter, type the steet address, then hit enter, then type in the city, state, and zip. Use alt-enter to put in a line break. "vsimmons" wrote: > I want to have more than one line of text in the same Excel Cell without > using the wrap text format option. For example, I want to put an entire > address in the Cell by typing in the name of the person, then hit en...

How to carry over date value from one record to the next.
I have searched this site and the internet in search of an answer to this problem but none of the solutions I've found have seemed to help. I have a form that is used for data entry. The first two text boxes are called Supervisor and W/E Date. These two values will remain the same for several dozen entries. I have tried just using CTRL + ' to repeat the data but that is getting quite time consuming as well. How do I automatically carry over the value to the next record once I input the first data in? Any help on this would be much appreciated. -- Message posted via AccessMo...

Page settings get lost ?
I have selected "Landscape" in the page settings of a report and then saved it. Every now and then, it appears to forget this setting when running the report. Anyone know how to avoid this problem ? What version of Access is this? If it is 2000, you need to apply the service packs. You can download them from: support.microsoft.com/sp Be sure to get the JET sp as well as the Office sp. You will also want to turn off Name AutoCorrect: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240826 More info about this mis-feature: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html If 2007, there's ...

Printing Pictures in word 2007
Hi, I have a problem printing a picture in Word 2007. I know its not my printer, it has something to do with picture effects - soft edges - 50%. When I insert the picture, and add the effect, it shows up on my screen, it also shows up on the print preview screen, but when I print it only the text prints out. I have the picture behind text, but I don't think that this is the problem, I think it has to do with the settings on the soft edges and 50%. Can anyone help? If you can see the pictures in Print Preview (not Print Layout view) and they don't print, then this...

Getting all Sproc through one query
Hi all, can anyone help in getting below information from all stored procedure from one DB we have 100 procedure in one DB of sql server 2005.instead if of manully getting info for each procedure i want all below details in one shot or one query Procedure Name : Input Parameter : Output Parameter : Called By : Calls : Dependent tables : Thanks in advance ...

How do I get a list of data on one sheet into the form on the fir.
I have a timecard form on the first tab of a workbook & the various employee crew combinations on each of the subsequent tabs (each crew on a seperate tab). How do I format the for to get the employee name info from the individual crew tab required? Let me clarify my question - I am trying to use the first tab (the form) as a constant form & just change the employees names in that specific field based on the crew I want to generate the timesheet for. The crew lists are on the sugsequent tabs. I would like to be able to select the crew & print the form with only those emp...

print web page IE8 with W7 HP
I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages. All I get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried to find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause the problem? Regards, FALKO Hi FALKO, Not knowing the name of the 'defrag software' is of no help in answering your question. We would also need to know which Windows version, service pack level and IE version you are using. Yes. EVERYTHING works fine in the beginning, an...

Drawing static/edit control in different colors
Hi All, This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during InitDialog and while dialog is 'up' (DoModal). As an aside, can change the color of static text just based on the resource ID? i.e. not creating a variable for the control in the dialog class. Thanks in Advance! Corey. Corey Wirun wrote: > Hi All, > > This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color > of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during > In...

Newbie: In a CRichEditCtrl, FindText more than one occurrence?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C36B32.6412DB00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have been looking at three books and making many C++ errors for two = day now for answers to my questions. If I can help it, I save this as my = last resort. Anyway, this is my last resort. I have two questions: 1) I have a CRichEditCtrl class. I can use the FindText function to find = the first occurrence of the substring but I don't know how to find the = second++. (Or the CString or the <st...

cross hairs when I print #2
How do I get rid of the cross hairs when I print sciacqua1 wrote: > How do I get rid of the cross hairs when I print File > Print > Advanced Print Settings > Page Settings > Use Crop Marks. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Check printing in GP 7.0
Dear Guys, I have check payments for vendors, where I'm dealing with LOCAL CURRENCY & FORIGHN CURRENCY. When I paid by check in LOCAL CURRENCY then the amount in words prints perfectly but if i paid by check in FORIGN CURRENCY then the amount in word prints in numeric which i want to print amount in words instead of numbers. Please help me to print checks amount in words for FORIGN CURRENCY as well. Your suggestion would be appricated on above issue thnx Shamin ...

How do I make a summary page in Excel 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a sheet with all my data (several columns, one of which is &quot;name&quot; and others are things like &quot;address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.). Then I have another sheet which is the summary. I want to be able to choose a name from a drop-down list (I figured out how to do that) for the &quot;Name&quot; and have the other fields ('address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.) fill in automatically with the information that corresponds to that name. <br><...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

Move pages from document to document?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0397_01C7D5D9.22350CB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am relatively new to this software. I can't seem to find how to move a = page from one document to another. Any help appreciated. Shmuel ------=_NextPart_000_0397_01C7D5D9.22350CB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <MET...

hide header on first page
how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Hi not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try recording a macro while doing this manually -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32DF8BC3-0672-4B0B-BCA6-F9B404DFFC30@microsoft.com... > how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Try this karin Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET....

How to view the same email message at the different PC users
My husband & I use the same PC(Windows XP) but have an individual user accounts. We have several email addresses for individual usages and shared usages and all enable to receive and view by Outlook 2000 inbox. We have noticed that the emails came in while I'm on Outlook (or minimized at the bottom) can not view when my husband goes to his Window user and open the Outlook. And vise versa. We want to be able to look at all emails that came into the Outlook inbox at both Window user's Outlook inboxes. How can we do that? ...