i want to mail merge 1 address per postcard 4 to a page,

I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the
mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get one
address per card but do 4 to a page?
0
Kristine (9)

What  version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all
the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug.
In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on
this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print
preview on this screen.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
> mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the
> mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get one
> address per card but do 4 to a page?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/21/2008 8:15:51 PM
I am using publisher 2003.  Is it a bug that it appears that way but prints
right or is it not possible to do one postcard per address with 4 to a page.
Thank you for your help. I have been reading alot of your posts but I cant
find one that fixes my problem. Maybe it is not fixable.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What  version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all
> the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug.
> In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on
> this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print
> preview on this screen.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
> > mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the
> > mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get one
> > address per card but do 4 to a page?

0
Kristine (9)
1/23/2008 12:17:06 AM
Merge works just fine in 2003, a lot less cumbersome than 2007. It is just the
print preview that is wrong. There is a test print option on the print dialogue
screen. Print a test on plain paper for reassurance.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I am using publisher 2003.  Is it a bug that it appears that way but prints
> right or is it not possible to do one postcard per address with 4 to a page.
> Thank you for your help. I have been reading alot of your posts but I cant
> find one that fixes my problem. Maybe it is not fixable.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What  version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed
>> all
>> the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug.
>> In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge,
>> on
>> this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print
>> preview on this screen.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
>> > mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do
>> > the
>> > mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get
>> > one
>> > address per card but do 4 to a page?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/23/2008 10:40:42 AM
Mary,
I tried your suggestion and printed the test page, but I still got all four
addresses the same person and address.  Is there a way to fix this?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Merge works just fine in 2003, a lot less cumbersome than 2007. It is just the
> print preview that is wrong. There is a test print option on the print dialogue
> screen. Print a test on plain paper for reassurance.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using publisher 2003.  Is it a bug that it appears that way but prints
> > right or is it not possible to do one postcard per address with 4 to a page.
> > Thank you for your help. I have been reading alot of your posts but I cant
> > find one that fixes my problem. Maybe it is not fixable.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What  version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed
> >> all
> >> the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug.
> >> In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge,
> >> on
> >> this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print
> >> preview on this screen.
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mark564 (750)
3/5/2008 11:32:05 PM
Mark, When you go to File, Print Merge, be certain *Multiple pages per sheet" is
selected.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mary,
> I tried your suggestion and printed the test page, but I still got all four
> addresses the same person and address.  Is there a way to fix this?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Merge works just fine in 2003, a lot less cumbersome than 2007. It is just
>> the
>> print preview that is wrong. There is a test print option on the print
>> dialogue
>> screen. Print a test on plain paper for reassurance.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using publisher 2003.  Is it a bug that it appears that way but prints
>> > right or is it not possible to do one postcard per address with 4 to a
>> > page.
>> > Thank you for your help. I have been reading alot of your posts but I cant
>> > find one that fixes my problem. Maybe it is not fixable.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/6/2008 10:59:46 AM
I have Pub '07.  Still having issues with mail merge.  Have verified that
merge is working and have *Multiple Pages per sheet selected; however, all
postcards still have same address in both Print Preview & actual print out.
Mail merge works fine with no alterations in Pub '03.

Thanks,
Kara

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Mark, When you go to File, Print Merge, be certain *Multiple pages per sheet" is
> selected.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> > I tried your suggestion and printed the test page, but I still got all four
> > addresses the same person and address.  Is there a way to fix this?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Merge works just fine in 2003, a lot less cumbersome than 2007. It is just
> >> the
> >> print preview that is wrong. There is a test print option on the print
> >> dialogue
> >> screen. Print a test on plain paper for reassurance.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
McGinn (1)
4/28/2008 6:31:02 PM
Use one of the Avery US Letter Postcards, 3263 will work. When you are ready to
print go to File, Print Merge, setup the page again on this screen. There is a
print preview here, if you select the multiple pages per sheet it should preview
correctly.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Kara McGinn" <Kara McGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Pub '07.  Still having issues with mail merge.  Have verified that
> merge is working and have *Multiple Pages per sheet selected; however, all
> postcards still have same address in both Print Preview & actual print out.
> Mail merge works fine with no alterations in Pub '03.
>
> Thanks,
> Kara
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Mark, When you go to File, Print Merge, be certain *Multiple pages per sheet"
>> is
>> selected.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> > I tried your suggestion and printed the test page, but I still got all four
>> > addresses the same person and address.  Is there a way to fix this?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/28/2008 8:38:41 PM
Still not working for me, no matter what preset Avery form I use.  Even after
merging to a new document, still the preview and printout is incorrect and
showing same address on all postcards on page one and next address on all of
page 2.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Use one of the Avery US Letter Postcards, 3263 will work. When you are ready to
> print go to File, Print Merge, setup the page again on this screen. There is a
> print preview here, if you select the multiple pages per sheet it should preview
> correctly.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Kara McGinn" <Kara McGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Pub '07.  Still having issues with mail merge.  Have verified that
> > merge is working and have *Multiple Pages per sheet selected; however, all
> > postcards still have same address in both Print Preview & actual print out.
> > Mail merge works fine with no alterations in Pub '03.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kara
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Mark, When you go to File, Print Merge, be certain *Multiple pages per sheet"
> >> is
> >> selected.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Try this, when you get to step three of the merge wizard, create a new
publication.
File, print, Letter, landscape, multiple pages per sheet.
Does this work for you?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Still not working for me, no matter what preset Avery form I use.  Even after
> merging to a new document, still the preview and printout is incorrect and
> showing same address on all postcards on page one and next address on all of
> page 2.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Use one of the Avery US Letter Postcards, 3263 will work. When you are ready
>> print go to File, Print Merge, setup the page again on this screen. There is
>> print preview here, if you select the multiple pages per sheet it should
>> preview
>> correctly.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Kara McGinn" <Kara McGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Pub '07.  Still having issues with mail merge.  Have verified that
>> > merge is working and have *Multiple Pages per sheet selected; however, all
>> > postcards still have same address in both Print Preview & actual print out.
>> > Mail merge works fine with no alterations in Pub '03.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Kara

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/28/2008 9:57:52 PM
Hi Mary,

I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
up or something.

If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
Output is fine.

Thanks,
Rich Webb

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Try this, when you get to step three of the merge wizard, create a new
> publication.
> File, print, Letter, landscape, multiple pages per sheet.
> Does this work for you?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Kara McGinn" <KaraMcGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Still not working for me, no matter what preset Avery form I use.  Even after
> > merging to a new document, still the preview and printout is incorrect and
> > showing same address on all postcards on page one and next address on all of
> > page 2.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Use one of the Avery US Letter Postcards, 3263 will work. When you are ready
> >> print go to File, Print Merge, setup the page again on this screen. There is
> >> print preview here, if you select the multiple pages per sheet it should
> >> preview
> >> correctly.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Kara McGinn" <Kara McGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I misunderstood...

Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages per
sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview will say
1 column of 2.

The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"diamondgator@hotmail.com" <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:76C2B555-3260-44D1-BBF8-00A17D96D0CC@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mary,
>
> I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
> 1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
> attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
> suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
> publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
> sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
> are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
> multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
> as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
> up or something.
>
> If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
> have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
> Output is fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Rich Webb
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Try this, when you get to step three of the merge wizard, create a new
>> publication.
>> File, print, Letter, landscape, multiple pages per sheet.
>> Does this work for you?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Kara McGinn" <KaraMcGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Still not working for me, no matter what preset Avery form I use.  Even
>> > after
>> > merging to a new document, still the preview and printout is incorrect and
>> > showing same address on all postcards on page one and next address on all
>> > of
>> > page 2.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/29/2008 9:37:17 AM
If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it except
to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier Publisher
versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they will
be fixed in a future service pack.
You can submit a feedback bug here
https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0

You need a Live or Passport password.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Kara McGinn" <KaraMcGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/29/2008 11:57:46 AM
I've been struggling with this same problem and just found a fix.  Here's
what I did:

File, New, Blank Publication
File, Page set-up, pub type:postcard, pagesize: 1/2 page letter,
Change copies per sheet, print multiple copies, 0 for all margins
I then added the text that would be common to all postcards
I then did the mail merge
I printed the document to Adobe PDF, NOT THE PRINTER
It was painful as it limited the number of pages it would save per pdf - I
ended up with 38 pdf documents
I combined the pdf's into one document
Printed the pdf.

And amazing, I actually had two postcards on each sheet with a different
address on each postcard!!!

Exhausting, but it worked.  And I'm using Publisher 2003.
"Kristine" wrote:

> I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
> mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the
> mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get one
> address per card but do 4 to a page?
0
Sumac (1)
5/1/2008 12:51:57 AM
Strangely, after reading Sumac's post and printing to PDF instead of to
printer, it works. I CANNOT properly output to a printer and get different
addresses for each 4-up postcard, but outputting to a PDF I can! Weird! I'm
also using 2003.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it except
> to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier Publisher
> versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they will
> be fixed in a future service pack.
> You can submit a feedback bug here
> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0
>
> You need a Live or Passport password.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >I misunderstood...
> >
> > Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages per
> > sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
> > At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview will
> > say 1 column of 2.
> >
> > The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "diamondgator@hotmail.com" <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:76C2B555-3260-44D1-BBF8-00A17D96D0CC@microsoft.com...
> >> Hi Mary,
> >>
> >> I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
> >> 1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
> >> attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
> >> suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
> >> publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
> >> sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
> >> are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
> >> multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
> >> as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
> >> up or something.
> >>
> >> If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
> >> have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
> >> Output is fine.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Rich Webb

I spoke too soon! It is as Sumac said! My document is over 400 records. In
order for this to work to PDF I'd have to save 100 files because for some
reason it wants to save ech four as a separate file. Please come up with a
solution for outputting the merge properly. This is very cumbersome and
bothersome and I have a LOT to do!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it except
> to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier Publisher
> versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they will
> be fixed in a future service pack.
> You can submit a feedback bug here
> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0
>
> You need a Live or Passport password.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >I misunderstood...
> >
> > Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages per
> > sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
> > At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview will
> > say 1 column of 2.
> >
> > The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "diamondgator@hotmail.com" <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:76C2B555-3260-44D1-BBF8-00A17D96D0CC@microsoft.com...
> >> Hi Mary,
> >>
> >> I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
> >> 1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
> >> attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
> >> suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
> >> publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
> >> sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
> >> are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
> >> multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
> >> as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
> >> up or something.
> >>
> >> If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
> >> have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
> >> Output is fine.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Rich Webb

Sorry for the multiple posts. Print merge works whether to paper or to PDF.
Creating a merge file using the merge wizard and THEN trying to print does
NOT result in the desired output but results in getting a page of four cards
all with the same address on them.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it except
> to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier Publisher
> versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they will
> be fixed in a future service pack.
> You can submit a feedback bug here
> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0
>
> You need a Live or Passport password.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >I misunderstood...
> >
> > Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages per
> > sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
> > At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview will
> > say 1 column of 2.
> >
> > The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "diamondgator@hotmail.com" <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:76C2B555-3260-44D1-BBF8-00A17D96D0CC@microsoft.com...
> >> Hi Mary,
> >>
> >> I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
> >> 1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
> >> attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
> >> suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
> >> publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
> >> sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
> >> are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
> >> multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
> >> as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
> >> up or something.
> >>
> >> If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
> >> have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
> >> Output is fine.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Rich Webb

John, With 2003 you should be able to print on both sides of your card. Do you
have one card on your screen with two pages? A merge is only successful if you
only have one card on your screen. Showing all the cards with the same
information in print preview is a Publisher bug. Print a test if you are unsure.

You may have to change the batch size as well. It is a registry fix:

The Registry Fix
for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JohnCap523" <JohnCap523@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for the multiple posts. Print merge works whether to paper or to PDF.
> Creating a merge file using the merge wizard and THEN trying to print does
> NOT result in the desired output but results in getting a page of four cards
> all with the same address on them.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it
>> except
>> to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier
>> Publisher
>> versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they
>> will
>> be fixed in a future service pack.
>> You can submit a feedback bug here
>> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0
>>
>> You need a Live or Passport password.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> >I misunderstood...
>> >
>> > Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages
>> > per
>> > sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
>> > At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview
>> > will
>> > say 1 column of 2.
>> >
>> > The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "diamondgator@hotmail.com"
>> > <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>

0
mary-sauer (6480)

how easy/hard is it to add a button to print address label in cont
All I want is to print current contact address label on a dyna printer, not do a mailmerge to 10,000 people! Mailmerge which takes me 21 clicks and is more effort that it would take to manually retype the address label in Word. Hi Stephen, Another better option will be to write a simple SRS Report for printing labels. You can find Report Writers Guide at following; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb955081.aspx -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/defa...

i can't send mail
hi sir i am facing problem in sending mails . please help me i am waiting your response. Regards Anup sharma "Anup Sharma" <anup22sharma@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Tk9RHyNLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi sir > i am facing problem in sending mails . please help me i am waiting your > response. > > Regards > Anup sharma How to set up gmail in Windows Mail. http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 Ensure that you enable your account at the gmail site. If you still have problems then copy and paste ...

CRM 4 and Apple computer
Hi all, I was wondering if CRM 4 works with Safari browser... if not, any suggestion to make it works in Apple environment?? thanks Vit CRM don't work in Safari. Need .NET for using the CRM client. Solutions are: 1. Virtual machine on machintosh 2. Terminal server for CRM users Lorenzo Soncini Vit wrote: > Hi all, > > I was wondering if CRM 4 works with Safari browser... > > if not, any suggestion to make it works in Apple environment?? > > thanks > > Vit That's this IE dependance that we partly break with Addon Nice Server. CS http://www.addonnic...

Sending Mail from Access using Outlook
I have a contact database in A2000 which I have set up to use the SendObject method to send the same e-mail, through O2000, but individually addressed to around 500 contacts on the database. Outlook is run direct from my PC. Having no exchange server, for each of the 500 messages, I get the 'A program is trying to send ...' message and have to click 'Yes'. This then adds around 20-30 minutes to the mailing. Can anyone advise on how this can be done better ? Also the default text is plain text which loses some of the formatting I have set up. Can this also be changed ? TIA, Alan...

Can not save modification of subject in mail on outlook 2003
Dear All When i try to change the subject and save it on of either mail on outlook 2003,it's error warning as the mentioned "The item could not be saved because it has been changed by another user or in another window.Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?".And,that's remind me with the two choices of "Yes" or "No". If i press the "Yes" button,it will new another item on outlook as just modification,BUT,the original item of mail is still existing on outlook.If I press the "No" button,it will be canc...

1 exchange 4 domains, possible to hide other GAL in cached exchange mode?
We have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with 4 domains. All users connect via rpc over http so there in cached exchange mode. In Outlook, they see all the other domains under All Address Lists. We have set the permission's so they can't access the other GAL's besides their own, but its sloppy and not professional. How can we hide the other GAL's from showing up? I've performed the procedures with changeing the dsHeuristics to 001, using ADSI, etc but there still showing up. The only way the other GAL's don't show up, is if they don't connect in cached...

Can't send mail to cin.net
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 and though we had DNS troubles (i.e. with EarthLink, etc) when we first installed last year we've put those problems behind us long ago. But this week we can't send mail to a new customer using email on domain 'cin.net'. When my clients end email they get a message back from Exchange saying "Delivery Status Notification (Delay). I've done some Google searches on how to trouble shoot this and here is how far I've got but not sure what to try next. nslookup for mx returns 'oak.cin.net' telnet on port 25 to oak.cin.net ...

Windows Live Mail "Delete and block" Feature Seems Broken
Please see the discussion at cnet linked below. I'm having exactly the same problem using WLM (wave 3). At the moment addresses have to be added manually to the safe and blocked lists, which is slow and tedious. Help with this will be appreciated. http://forums.cnet.com/5208-19169_102-0.html?threadID=367702 "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:euApMycILHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Please see the discussion at cnet linked below. I'm having exactly the > same problem using WLM (wave 3). At the moment addresses have...

no external e-mail
I have an exchange 5.5 users use outlook 2000 most of my users do not have external e-mail only internal i have remover the smtp e-mail address from profile they also do not have internet access..anyone with internet access need to auth..from a proxy 2 server. this one use does not have internet access or external e- mail. but still seems to get e-mail from outside the company. i can do a message track and see were it is coming from and that it is going into her mail box.. but i want to know how she got around this. and how i can stop it.. any help would be great Sorry for the bad gram...

Can there be a header on the first page, but not on the subsequen.
I need to connect several sheets together lengthwise, so I don't want the footer on all the sheets. Is there a way to have it on one sheet, but not the others? Is it possible to have it only on the third sheet, for instance? Thanks- Karen Print those sheets separately & change the page setups. :-( "glaserk" <glaserk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94570E38-0F74-4324-8708-DC14CCAA15F4@microsoft.com... > I need to connect several sheets together lengthwise, so I don't want the > footer on all the sheets. Is there a way to have it on one s...

Develop ocx using ATL? ActiveX dll in web page?
Hi: A few questions on ActiveX Control: (1) Can ATL be used to develop ActiveX control in the form of OCX (not DLL)? (2) Can ActiveX control in the form of DLL be used in Web pages (in the same way an ActiveX ocx is used) ? Thanks Polrais Hi, All OCX's are dll's (not all com dll's are ocx's). IE if you create an ATL DLL project you can create a wide variety of ATL object types. An OCX is simple a COM object the is VB compatible and is nearly always visible both at run time and design time. If what you create is in the end VB compatible and works just as an OCX works...

Publisher 2003 Page Setup menu not found
I am trying to print a number 10 envelope. Anything past 8.5 inches does not print. I tried to change the paper size but cannot find Page Setup setup on the File menu. Can someone explain what is happening here. The File menu includes: New Open Close Import Word Document Save Save As File Search Convert to Web Pulication Print Preview Print Send E-mail Properties Menu FILE > 12th item down PAGE SETUP!!! The sizes and limitation there are an issue of your printer, not Publisher. Publisher gets all that information from the printer driver. -- "If you don't know where you a...

how can you print only odd or even pages on a DJ 1220c
I know I did it before and know I can't find it. I am trying to print on both sides of the paper by printing first odds and then even pages. I am using excel 2000 in windows xp Hi Curtisgriffin Use this macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Curtisgriffin" <Curtisgriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B9664B-F438-44C5-BBE4-1588849EDC35@microsoft.com... >I know I did it before and know I can't find it. I am trying to print on > both sides of the paper by printing first odds an...

Want to Update the Outlook Calender on another machine. #2
Hi, Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook Calender without sharing the NetFolder.Here is the scenario.I have an issue where I have to update the Outlook Calender on another machine all are in LAN connections only.Each User has his own ID with respect to his ID I want to update the Outlook Calender.Can anyone help me please with regards to this.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sameer ...

outlook 2002&office 2000
i have outlook 2002 and office 2000 i have been unable to choose word as my email editor because it tells me both outlook and office verisons must match. is there someway around this compatibility problems? (other than upgrading office to 2002?) any assistance or suggestions you can offer would be most appreciated. pamela Tools, options, mail format. N "pamela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cae01c3d541$9c2a1520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2002 and office 2000 > i have been unable to choose word as my email editor > beca...

Vista Printer On Network Changes IP Address
I have two ethernet hardwired network printers on my home net. Why do the IP adresses change and what can I do to to prevent this or at least find an easy way to fix it when it does. This is not an user freindly ergonomic situation MS. You have to read the printer instruction manual. Older printers in particular that have built in ethernet ports assign their own address within a specified range, which may not coincide with what your router wants to supply. You may be allowed to choose a number within the range but you cannot change the range. You also need to find out how the ...

Email pivot table report page.
Is it possible to email only one page from my pivot table? Say I have a report on sales rep as page field and I want to email only his page to him. Is it possible to email that page to the respective sale rep? ...

Problems with 11.4.0 updates
I have tried several times to update Office 2004 with the 11.4.0 updates. Each time, I get as far as a screen that tells me that the program is "searching for programs to update." The rainbow disk spins forever, and I finally when I go to force quit the update, I am told it is not responsive. For what it is worth, I have upgraded to Leopard and use Firefox. I would appreciate any thoughts! Don On 2/20/08 11:45 AM, in article ee8e2c0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "deleomeyer@officeformac.com" <deleomeyer@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have tried several times to upd...

Create Two Internet Mail Accts Outlook
I would like to set up two Internet Mail Accounts in Outlook. I have one account already set up would there be a problem creating another account on the same computer? Both accounts would accessing the same port numbers (in/out) put different mail servers. Please help me through this problem. Thank You, Jeff You should have no problems setting up another mail account - Outlook is designed to handle many accounts. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jeff" <anonymous@discussio...

Concatenating pages
I have 8 separate publisher files, each a single page of a newsletter. (No I didn't make them--the author is too stubborn to do the entire newsletter in one file.) Is there a slick way to make these into one PUB file of 8 pages? TYIA Matt The blindingly obvious springs to mind! :-) why not make a new document with the number of blank pages you need, then just cut & paste from the 8 singles to the pages in your new doc? I know you said "slick" but it shouldn't take more than a minute or two. -- Best Regards, Bill Frost. Liverpool. U.K. (Outgoing mail Virus checked...

Page numbers #8
I am making a book that I need to start the page numbers over at one in the middle of the book. I inserted a section and in the page numbering section I selected to start at page 67 in 1,2,3 format but it kept numbering them from the previous section. Is there a way to start over the page numbers? Insert section, check Begin a section with this page, check, show footers and headers, tick start at: 67, okay... Insert "page number." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Melisa" <Melisa@discussions....

Formula puts 1 to X value then starts at 1 again
Hi Everyone, I need formula that will count and put the number next to a column of customer id's going up to 29 and then starting at 1 again, in a repeating pattern. Can anybody help? Cheers Daniel Hi in the first cell put the formula =MOD(ROW(1:1),30) and copy down -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Daniel wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I need formula that will count and put the number next to > a column of customer id's going up to 29 and then > starting at 1 again, in a repeating pattern. Can anybody > help? > > Cheers > > Daniel One w...

VBA to merge worksheets (only populated rows)
I have some basic code that we use to pull together data from several worksheets within a single workbook. It should only pull in rows that have data in column A and ignore the two rows used for headings from each of the other sheet to avoid them being repeated all the way down this new page when they are coppied across. For the most part it works, however we noticed it seems to randomly add some extra rows to the bottom of the consolidated list. Originally these were blank but we now find that they are actually some of the rows from the very first worksheet to be pulled in where n...

outlook home page hyperlink
When clicked on a hyperlink, to an excel file, on a home page(public folders) its open in outlook. I'd like to open the file in excel when clicked. Can this be done. (oulook 2000) txs ...

Replying to HTML e-mail yet exclude images
Hello, I'm a relatively new Outlook 2003 user, and I have Internet image downloads (in HTML e-mails) turned off. The problem I am encountering occurs when I attempt to reply to one of these e-mails: After hitting Reply, Outlook pops up a notice that it must download the image to include it in the reply e-mail. Is there a way to disable this? If I didn't want the image downloaded when I was viewing the e-mail, I also don't want to download it simply to reply to the message. I have my default compose type set to 'text', but this apparently has no impact on replies. A...