i want to mail merge 1 address per postcard 4 to a page,

I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the
mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get one
address per card but do 4 to a page?
0
Kristine (9)

What  version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all
the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug.
In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on
this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print
preview on this screen.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
> mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the
> mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get one
> address per card but do 4 to a page?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/21/2008 8:15:51 PM
I am using publisher 2003.  Is it a bug that it appears that way but prints
right or is it not possible to do one postcard per address with 4 to a page.
Thank you for your help. I have been reading alot of your posts but I cant
find one that fixes my problem. Maybe it is not fixable.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What  version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all
> the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug.
> In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on
> this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print
> preview on this screen.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
> > mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the
> > mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get one
> > address per card but do 4 to a page?

0
Kristine (9)
1/23/2008 12:17:06 AM
Merge works just fine in 2003, a lot less cumbersome than 2007. It is just the
print preview that is wrong. There is a test print option on the print dialogue
screen. Print a test on plain paper for reassurance.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I am using publisher 2003.  Is it a bug that it appears that way but prints
> right or is it not possible to do one postcard per address with 4 to a page.
> Thank you for your help. I have been reading alot of your posts but I cant
> find one that fixes my problem. Maybe it is not fixable.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What  version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed
>> all
>> the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug.
>> In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge,
>> on
>> this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print
>> preview on this screen.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
>> > mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do
>> > the
>> > mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get
>> > one
>> > address per card but do 4 to a page?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/23/2008 10:40:42 AM
Mary,
I tried your suggestion and printed the test page, but I still got all four
addresses the same person and address.  Is there a way to fix this?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Merge works just fine in 2003, a lot less cumbersome than 2007. It is just the
> print preview that is wrong. There is a test print option on the print dialogue
> screen. Print a test on plain paper for reassurance.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using publisher 2003.  Is it a bug that it appears that way but prints
> > right or is it not possible to do one postcard per address with 4 to a page.
> > Thank you for your help. I have been reading alot of your posts but I cant
> > find one that fixes my problem. Maybe it is not fixable.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What  version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed
> >> all
> >> the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug.
> >> In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge,
> >> on
> >> this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print
> >> preview on this screen.
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mark564 (750)
3/5/2008 11:32:05 PM
Mark, When you go to File, Print Merge, be certain *Multiple pages per sheet" is
selected.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mary,
> I tried your suggestion and printed the test page, but I still got all four
> addresses the same person and address.  Is there a way to fix this?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Merge works just fine in 2003, a lot less cumbersome than 2007. It is just
>> the
>> print preview that is wrong. There is a test print option on the print
>> dialogue
>> screen. Print a test on plain paper for reassurance.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using publisher 2003.  Is it a bug that it appears that way but prints
>> > right or is it not possible to do one postcard per address with 4 to a
>> > page.
>> > Thank you for your help. I have been reading alot of your posts but I cant
>> > find one that fixes my problem. Maybe it is not fixable.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/6/2008 10:59:46 AM
I have Pub '07.  Still having issues with mail merge.  Have verified that
merge is working and have *Multiple Pages per sheet selected; however, all
postcards still have same address in both Print Preview & actual print out.
Mail merge works fine with no alterations in Pub '03.

Thanks,
Kara

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Mark, When you go to File, Print Merge, be certain *Multiple pages per sheet" is
> selected.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> > I tried your suggestion and printed the test page, but I still got all four
> > addresses the same person and address.  Is there a way to fix this?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Merge works just fine in 2003, a lot less cumbersome than 2007. It is just
> >> the
> >> print preview that is wrong. There is a test print option on the print
> >> dialogue
> >> screen. Print a test on plain paper for reassurance.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
McGinn (1)
4/28/2008 6:31:02 PM
Use one of the Avery US Letter Postcards, 3263 will work. When you are ready to
print go to File, Print Merge, setup the page again on this screen. There is a
print preview here, if you select the multiple pages per sheet it should preview
correctly.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Kara McGinn" <Kara McGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Pub '07.  Still having issues with mail merge.  Have verified that
> merge is working and have *Multiple Pages per sheet selected; however, all
> postcards still have same address in both Print Preview & actual print out.
> Mail merge works fine with no alterations in Pub '03.
>
> Thanks,
> Kara
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Mark, When you go to File, Print Merge, be certain *Multiple pages per sheet"
>> is
>> selected.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> > I tried your suggestion and printed the test page, but I still got all four
>> > addresses the same person and address.  Is there a way to fix this?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/28/2008 8:38:41 PM
Still not working for me, no matter what preset Avery form I use.  Even after
merging to a new document, still the preview and printout is incorrect and
showing same address on all postcards on page one and next address on all of
page 2.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Use one of the Avery US Letter Postcards, 3263 will work. When you are ready to
> print go to File, Print Merge, setup the page again on this screen. There is a
> print preview here, if you select the multiple pages per sheet it should preview
> correctly.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Kara McGinn" <Kara McGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Pub '07.  Still having issues with mail merge.  Have verified that
> > merge is working and have *Multiple Pages per sheet selected; however, all
> > postcards still have same address in both Print Preview & actual print out.
> > Mail merge works fine with no alterations in Pub '03.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kara
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Mark, When you go to File, Print Merge, be certain *Multiple pages per sheet"
> >> is
> >> selected.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Try this, when you get to step three of the merge wizard, create a new
publication.
File, print, Letter, landscape, multiple pages per sheet.
Does this work for you?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Still not working for me, no matter what preset Avery form I use.  Even after
> merging to a new document, still the preview and printout is incorrect and
> showing same address on all postcards on page one and next address on all of
> page 2.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Use one of the Avery US Letter Postcards, 3263 will work. When you are ready
>> print go to File, Print Merge, setup the page again on this screen. There is
>> print preview here, if you select the multiple pages per sheet it should
>> preview
>> correctly.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Kara McGinn" <Kara McGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Pub '07.  Still having issues with mail merge.  Have verified that
>> > merge is working and have *Multiple Pages per sheet selected; however, all
>> > postcards still have same address in both Print Preview & actual print out.
>> > Mail merge works fine with no alterations in Pub '03.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Kara

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/28/2008 9:57:52 PM
Hi Mary,

I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
up or something.

If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
Output is fine.

Thanks,
Rich Webb

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Try this, when you get to step three of the merge wizard, create a new
> publication.
> File, print, Letter, landscape, multiple pages per sheet.
> Does this work for you?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Kara McGinn" <KaraMcGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Still not working for me, no matter what preset Avery form I use.  Even after
> > merging to a new document, still the preview and printout is incorrect and
> > showing same address on all postcards on page one and next address on all of
> > page 2.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Use one of the Avery US Letter Postcards, 3263 will work. When you are ready
> >> print go to File, Print Merge, setup the page again on this screen. There is
> >> print preview here, if you select the multiple pages per sheet it should
> >> preview
> >> correctly.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Kara McGinn" <Kara McGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I misunderstood...

Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages per
sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview will say
1 column of 2.

The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"diamondgator@hotmail.com" <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:76C2B555-3260-44D1-BBF8-00A17D96D0CC@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mary,
>
> I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
> 1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
> attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
> suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
> publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
> sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
> are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
> multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
> as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
> up or something.
>
> If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
> have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
> Output is fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Rich Webb
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Try this, when you get to step three of the merge wizard, create a new
>> publication.
>> File, print, Letter, landscape, multiple pages per sheet.
>> Does this work for you?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Kara McGinn" <KaraMcGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Still not working for me, no matter what preset Avery form I use.  Even
>> > after
>> > merging to a new document, still the preview and printout is incorrect and
>> > showing same address on all postcards on page one and next address on all
>> > of
>> > page 2.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/29/2008 9:37:17 AM
If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it except
to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier Publisher
versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they will
be fixed in a future service pack.
You can submit a feedback bug here
https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0

You need a Live or Passport password.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Kara McGinn" <KaraMcGinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/29/2008 11:57:46 AM
I've been struggling with this same problem and just found a fix.  Here's
what I did:

File, New, Blank Publication
File, Page set-up, pub type:postcard, pagesize: 1/2 page letter,
Change copies per sheet, print multiple copies, 0 for all margins
I then added the text that would be common to all postcards
I then did the mail merge
I printed the document to Adobe PDF, NOT THE PRINTER
It was painful as it limited the number of pages it would save per pdf - I
ended up with 38 pdf documents
I combined the pdf's into one document
Printed the pdf.

And amazing, I actually had two postcards on each sheet with a different
address on each postcard!!!

Exhausting, but it worked.  And I'm using Publisher 2003.
"Kristine" wrote:

> I have postcards preprinted on one side.  I have made a publication using
> mail merge to add addresses.  But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the
> mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address.  How do I get one
> address per card but do 4 to a page?
0
Sumac (1)
5/1/2008 12:51:57 AM
Strangely, after reading Sumac's post and printing to PDF instead of to
printer, it works. I CANNOT properly output to a printer and get different
addresses for each 4-up postcard, but outputting to a PDF I can! Weird! I'm
also using 2003.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it except
> to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier Publisher
> versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they will
> be fixed in a future service pack.
> You can submit a feedback bug here
> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0
>
> You need a Live or Passport password.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >I misunderstood...
> >
> > Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages per
> > sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
> > At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview will
> > say 1 column of 2.
> >
> > The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "diamondgator@hotmail.com" <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:76C2B555-3260-44D1-BBF8-00A17D96D0CC@microsoft.com...
> >> Hi Mary,
> >>
> >> I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
> >> 1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
> >> attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
> >> suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
> >> publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
> >> sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
> >> are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
> >> multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
> >> as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
> >> up or something.
> >>
> >> If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
> >> have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
> >> Output is fine.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Rich Webb

I spoke too soon! It is as Sumac said! My document is over 400 records. In
order for this to work to PDF I'd have to save 100 files because for some
reason it wants to save ech four as a separate file. Please come up with a
solution for outputting the merge properly. This is very cumbersome and
bothersome and I have a LOT to do!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it except
> to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier Publisher
> versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they will
> be fixed in a future service pack.
> You can submit a feedback bug here
> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0
>
> You need a Live or Passport password.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >I misunderstood...
> >
> > Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages per
> > sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
> > At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview will
> > say 1 column of 2.
> >
> > The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "diamondgator@hotmail.com" <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:76C2B555-3260-44D1-BBF8-00A17D96D0CC@microsoft.com...
> >> Hi Mary,
> >>
> >> I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
> >> 1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
> >> attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
> >> suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
> >> publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
> >> sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
> >> are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
> >> multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
> >> as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
> >> up or something.
> >>
> >> If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
> >> have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
> >> Output is fine.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Rich Webb

Sorry for the multiple posts. Print merge works whether to paper or to PDF.
Creating a merge file using the merge wizard and THEN trying to print does
NOT result in the desired output but results in getting a page of four cards
all with the same address on them.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it except
> to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier Publisher
> versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they will
> be fixed in a future service pack.
> You can submit a feedback bug here
> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0
>
> You need a Live or Passport password.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >I misunderstood...
> >
> > Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages per
> > sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
> > At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview will
> > say 1 column of 2.
> >
> > The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "diamondgator@hotmail.com" <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:76C2B555-3260-44D1-BBF8-00A17D96D0CC@microsoft.com...
> >> Hi Mary,
> >>
> >> I have been working with Kara on this issue.  And first off, we are doing
> >> 1/2 page postcards double side with address only on one side, although we did
> >> attempt the same 4-up routine that is being discussed. We have done as you
> >> suggested and merged to a new publication (ended with a 720 page
> >> publication), then went to file, print and ensured that multiple pages per
> >> sheet was selected.  It is doing the multiple up; however, all the addresses
> >> are the same regardless of Print Preview or Printed Output.  We have used
> >> multiple computers the have Pub '07 installed trying this document, as well
> >> as others and create new documents in case there were some settings screwed
> >> up or something.
> >>
> >> If I open this document in Pub '03, I have no challenges whatsoever. I don't
> >> have to change any settings. Print preview (after merge) is fine, and Print
> >> Output is fine.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Rich Webb

John, With 2003 you should be able to print on both sides of your card. Do you
have one card on your screen with two pages? A merge is only successful if you
only have one card on your screen. Showing all the cards with the same
information in print preview is a Publisher bug. Print a test if you are unsure.

You may have to change the batch size as well. It is a registry fix:

The Registry Fix
for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JohnCap523" <JohnCap523@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for the multiple posts. Print merge works whether to paper or to PDF.
> Creating a merge file using the merge wizard and THEN trying to print does
> NOT result in the desired output but results in getting a page of four cards
> all with the same address on them.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you are trying to duplex these cards, I cannot figure out how to do it
>> except
>> to create two publications. I realize it was an easy task in earlier
>> Publisher
>> versions. I have reported these shortcomings to Microsoft, hopefully they
>> will
>> be fixed in a future service pack.
>> You can submit a feedback bug here
>> https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0
>>
>> You need a Live or Passport password.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> >I misunderstood...
>> >
>> > Try this, Page setup, advanced (on the right pane), select Multiple pages
>> > per
>> > sheet. Type-- Width, 8.5 -- Height, 5.5
>> > At the bottom of this screen change the Top Margin to zero. The preview
>> > will
>> > say 1 column of 2.
>> >
>> > The merge should work with this setup. It does for me.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "diamondgator@hotmail.com"
>> > <diamondgatorhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com>

0
mary-sauer (6480)

old email addresses replaced by new will not allow owa access
Hello all, We have changed our email format from first initial last@XXX.com with firstname.lastname@XXX.com I went to remove the old email address for my account. once I did that I was not able to access OWA. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. How do you log on to OWA? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Rollin West" <Rollin West@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF891802-5928-4E91-9F64-1AC93EB6E45A@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > We have changed our ema...

Just Released: Offline Address Book Best Practices Guide
Hello, The Exchange team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Offline Address Book Best Practices Guide. The guide provides you with best practices for deploying, managing, and troubleshooting offline address books with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. To read the guide online or to download it, visit the Exchange Server Downloads page at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39011. Alison Hirsch Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this a...

Exporting/Importing Mail Account Settings
I need to rebuild my pc again. I can happily save and restore my pst file, so I dont lose my mail, contacts & calendar, but I lose my mail account settings each time. Is there a way to backup/restore or import/export these settings? Thanks Chris CJM <cjmuk@remove.tesco.net> wrote: > I can happily save and restore my pst file, so I dont lose my mail, > contacts & calendar, but I lose my mail account settings each time. > > Is there a way to backup/restore or import/export these settings? The email account information is stored in the Registry. There is no exp...

I receive only 1/20 html event in a CDHTMLDialog
Hi everyone, I got a big problem with a <div> section in the html code of my program using CDHTMLDialog. I put an entry in the related DHTML_EVENT_MAP, matching the Onclick event on this <div> element with a callback function. This worked perfectfully for a while, but now only about 1 event on 20 is catched by the application, and I don't know why. Events are not catched regularly. Hope you can help me to find the reason of this. "Guillaume" <Guillaume@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79EE8279-94D2-4208-B5F7-F189F3CFE461@microsoft.com.....

Button to add 1 to the value of a cell
Hi everyone, I have to compile data from a hundred word docs. It's a survey with multiple questions. What id like to do is have a button in excel that I can click, and it just keeps adding 1 to the desired cell so I can keep track of how many times I see that particular answer on the word docs. So if I have 5 columns labeled 1 through 5. every time I come across a "1" on the WORD docs, I can hit the button in excel and it would tally in increments of 1 into the cell. Any ideas? TIA James Inside the VBE, add this macro to a General Module: Option Explicit Sub Add1ToA...

How do I get to the 'Resolve Conflicts' dialog in ActiveSync 4.2?
I just had to downgrade from ActiveSync 4.5 to ActiveSync 4.2. Now I can not find the screen that lets me decide if I want the data on the mobile device to overwrite the desktop; or the desktop to overwrite the mobile device or to create duplicates. How do I get to this screen? Austin Powers <austinpowers@pobox.com> wrote: > I just had to downgrade from ActiveSync 4.5 to ActiveSync 4.2. > > Now I can not find the screen that lets me decide if I want the data > on the mobile device to overwrite the desktop; or the desktop to > overwrite the mobile device or to crea...

time calculation #4
If cell A1 contains the time 6 AM and cell B2 contains the time 9 Am, how do I calculate the difference of time between two and return a value of 3 hour, then adding this 3 hours to other hours? Thanks Raymond, What you want to do is make sure that the 3 cells that will contain th time is formatted correctly. To do this just right click on the 3 cell and then select Format. Then you want to select Number and find th Time selection. Finally choose the one with the "1:30 PM" example. Now for the cell where you want the display to show the number o hours, right click on the ...

Outlook doesn't see clearly attachment of a forward mail
Hi I've recieve thru a mailing list a mail which was forward with its attachments. The probleme (on my computer, the other of the mailing list doesn't have this problem) is that all the forward step and file are put in a big one attachment. This attachment is no longuer readable. When I save it and edit it, it's look like an e-mail with headers, body and attach files. How can I configure my Outlook to correctly see the attachment plz. ...

Email Merge???
Since Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel can be used together to do a "Mail Merge" can Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel be used to do an "Email Merge"??? Of course. There's no other way to do a merge to email. -- Russ Valentine "Ksean" <Ksean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFEFB1F1-9AA2-4975-A82F-6AD44B3F3DE4@microsoft.com... > Since Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel can be used together to do a > "Mail > Merge" can Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel be used to do an "Email > Merge&qu...

Merging Scenarios
I created a file which I then sent to two people to create best and worst case scenarios for their input cells. All scenario names are unique – we’ve added our initials after the Best Case etc. I have merged the scenarios from the other two people into my file and created a Scenario Pivot Table Report. I am using the pivot table report because it enables me to see the combined impact of the different scenarios, which it does. However, the page fields are showing only the options of All and MyName. I changed the Author field in the file properties to indicate the other people’s n...

multi-page document published on web as one document
how do i publish my multi-page publisher doc on my website w/o needing to convert each page to web format??? (for example, my monthly newsletter.) thanks in advance! ron ps: i'm using ms pub 2003 and fp 2003. revron wrote: > how do i publish my multi-page publisher doc on my > website w/o needing to convert each page to web format??? > (for example, my monthly newsletter.) > > thanks in advance! > > ron > > ps: i'm using ms pub 2003 and fp 2003. ======================================= Maybe converting to a .pdf would be an alternative? -- John In...

Printing multi-page and multi-orientation excel tab to PDF
Could someone let me know if it is possible to print a multi-page tab in Excel to a PDF with multiple page orientations? Currently, I am setting the print area for each of the four pages and then printing each page seperatly to a PDF. Once complete I am combining each page into one PDF. I need all pages to print to one PDF with the proper size and orientation. My code is included below. Thank you in adavance for your help, Joe M Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() ans = MsgBox("Do you want to Export the Input page to PDF?", vbYesNo, "Confirmation"...

Error when loading crm default page
Hello, when loading my crm default page i've got this error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Badly Formed FieldXml: Field name itau_company Does not correspond to any Attribute on Entity: contact. Field Xml = <field name="itau_company" requiredlevel="na" maxlength="100" format="text"><displaynames><displayname description="Company" languagecode="1033" /></displaynames></f...

auto-fill in address line
How do I get Outlook to auto-fill my addresses Thanks Gail, Go to: Tools, Option, Preferences Tab, E-Mail Options, Advanced E-Mail Aptions and check the box next to "Suggest names when completing To:, Cc:, and Bcc: fields. The autocomplete information isn't stored in a contact folder. It is stored in a separate system file called an NK2 or autocomplete file. That file can be opened using a commercially available editor called Owtlook found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm if you're interested. If the above options are turned on and it still isn't working for you, tr...

Outlook Express to Outlook #4
I have "Outlook Express" with Office XP and want to convert to "Outlook 2000 2002" in order to utilize "Spam Bayes" which will not work with Express. Is this conversion possible and if so, how? OK, so you already have Office XP then, right? First, you should know that Outlook Express is not part of the Office suite at all -- it's part of the Internet Explorer family. That doesn't mean you can't make the switch and keep your data, however. Once you have installed Outlook 2002 from the Office XP suite, you can use the Export menu in Outlook Expre...

Exchange 5.5 problem #4
Hello ! I'am administering a small NT network. I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT server SP6 machine. On the same machine resides MS Proxy 2.0. My DNS entry is located on ISP server. No antivirus solution is installed. Size limit for every user is 5 Mb. Usually, the mail server works well. Users who have mail account on my server must authenticate prior to send/receive mail to prevent relaying. BUT... Once or twice a day, the mail server blocks the communication with my ISP. The mail server services are still started, but there is no communication, no traffic at any port.. Ping to ISP'...

Upgrading to Outlook 2003 #4
Do I need to uninstall Outlook 2000 before I install 2003? The software said I did, but won't it just upgrade automatically? How do I uninstall 2000? I did not see it listed in Programs under Add/Remove, nor did I see it under Windows Add/Remove. You can uninstall Outlook by running the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance mode. In the Control Panel start the Add/Remove Programs and locate Microsoft Office 2000 and select Change. You will be prompted to Add or Remove features. When you see the list of features right click on Outlook and select the X which should make the feature Not Ava...

Outlook regular address book to Verizon address book?
How do I transport my outlook regual address book into my Verizon Central address book? What formats does the Verizon address book allow for import? "Len" <Len@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED069F25-E3BE-44A6-A738-34A21598D69A@microsoft.com... > How do I transport my outlook regual address book into my Verizon Central > address book? ...

Installing Microsoft Mail on Outlook XP
We have a small office and have used Microsoft Mail for our internal mail. We now have a new person that has Outlook XP and I need to connect him to our Microsoft Mail server but can't see how to do it. I know it can be done because we have it on some other machines, setup by someone that is no longer around. Any help appreciated. -- Regards, Chris ...

import address book #4
I had to change my hard drives and upgrade my system from win 98 to win xp. I saved what I hope is my address book onto a 3 1/2 disk. When I try to import it off this disk It doesn't read the information. Can anyone offer advice? thanks in advance First of all, please confirm that you are using Outlook and not Outlook Express. Second, you should have backed up your .PST file -- that is the file that contains all Outlook data (mail, appointments, contacts, tasks, etc.). If all of the above applies, try copying your .PST file from the floppy to the hard drive, make sure it'...

Can't connect to datasource or create address list in Pub 2003
Every time I try to connect to a datasource or create an address list in Publisher 2003 I receive the error "the operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures". I have tried the suggested detect and repair and all that succeeded in doing was forcing me to recreate all of my Outlook accounts and rules; Word default settings, etc. I do not nor have I ever had any problems doing mail merges in Word, just in Publisher. From reading through this and various other forums it appears this has been happening for some time with no answer from Microsoft on...

Vista Mail-Delete it From Server now Working
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining the emails from this address to be deleted from server but the emails still come through. Can anyone enlighten and help me on this? I am using Vista Home Basic and updated to the most current. The mail program is the Windows Mail. =?Utf-8?B?cmJlcm5hbDQz?= <rberna...@discussions.microsoft.com> Y...

Is there anyway for my Outlook to e-mail me when a Calender event is coming up?
Instead of popping up a box, is there anyway I could have it e-mail me at two different e-mail addresses letting me know that something is coming up? -- Nocturnal @ http://www.randomfix.com See if any of the addins here help: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#remind "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message news:OA5h$R58FHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Instead of popping up a box, is there anyway I could have it e-mail me at > two different e-mail addresses letting me know that something is coming > up? You have my software Send ...

Cannot access contacts when composing e-mail messages
other posts... I recently upgraded from xp to 7. I run office 2007. I can see all my contact, however, when I go to the different contact books and try and enable the address book the box is greyed out (i.e. it cannot be checked). I have then tried to go to tools->address books - it displays Outlook address book, type "MAPI".... I then try New - additional address books - outlook address books - and I receive the message "This account or directory type already exists and cannot be specified twice." I then tried to delete the "MAPI" address...

how to stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page
how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows vista. On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:07:01 -0800, Windows Vista <Windows Vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows >vista. It would appear that this question has nothing to do with Microsoft Access, the subject of this newsgroup. Please scroll down the list of subjects and repost in a Vista forum. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is no...