I want guidelines on top of images and text

I'm using Publisher 2003. Is there a way to show the guides on top of images
and text boxes? I can see the part of the guide that is uncovered, but how am
I supposed to see the part that is covered by images and text boxes?

Thanks

0
audball (2)

You can create lines on top of the guides and bring those to the front, just
don't forget to delete them before you print. Keep your text boxes transparent.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"audball" <audball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Publisher 2003. Is there a way to show the guides on top of images
> and text boxes? I can see the part of the guide that is uncovered, but how am
> I supposed to see the part that is covered by images and text boxes?
>
> Thanks

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/4/2007 2:01:55 PM
Thank you for your answer. I think that this may be something that Microsoft
needs to work on for the future.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can create lines on top of the guides and bring those to the front, just
> don't forget to delete them before you print. Keep your text boxes transparent.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "audball" <audball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using Publisher 2003. Is there a way to show the guides on top of images
> > and text boxes? I can see the part of the guide that is uncovered, but how am
> > I supposed to see the part that is covered by images and text boxes?
> >
> > Thanks

0
audball (2)
10/4/2007 2:18:04 PM
Publisher 2007 isn't any different, so the future is way down the road.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thank you for your answer. I think that this may be something that Microsoft
> needs to work on for the future.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You can create lines on top of the guides and bring those to the front, just
>> don't forget to delete them before you print. Keep your text boxes
>> transparent.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "audball" <audball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm using Publisher 2003. Is there a way to show the guides on top of
>> > images
>> > and text boxes? I can see the part of the guide that is uncovered, but how
>> > am
>> > I supposed to see the part that is covered by images and text boxes?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Finding text that's in italics
I've got a column in my excel data that contains text whereby some of the entries are in italics. I'd like to somehow be able to isoloate those items (via filtering or other means). I'd be willing to insert a column so that if the cell to the left is italics, a true response is indicated. Anyone know of any tricks? Thanks Gret A macro suit you? Sub find_italics() Dim rCell As Range Set coltocheck = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _ "Select A Column", Type:=8) For Each rCell In coltocheck If rCell.Font.FontStyle = "Italic" Or _ r...

Formatting Text Boxes in UserForms
When designing text boxes for data entry, can the text box controls on the UserForm be assigned number formatting properties? For example, how would I arrange for data in TextBox1 to be in % with one decimal point, preferrably with a trailing % sign? You can format the value that goes in the textbox the way you want. Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If IsNumeric(Me.TextBox1.Value) Then Me.TextBox1.Value = Format(Me.TextBox1.Value / 100, "#0.0%") End If End Sub KG wrote: > > When des...

Excel
I have 65 text files which I want to import into one Excel worksheet s I can run a report on the data. Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you're looking for a way to automatically import several text files, this posting may help you: http://tinyurl.com/35fyc Note: Excel has a row limit (65536 maximum). depending on the size of your text files you max exceed this limit Frank > I have 65 text files which I want to import into one Excel worksheet > so I can run a report on the data. Is this possible? > > > --- > Message posted from ...

Who does text move?
Hi, Does anyone know why text made with publisher moves when a website is loaded? Oscar If you are referring to your website try checking your Publisher file with, from the Tools menu, Design checker. You may have some text boxes on top of one another. -- Don Vancouver, USA <jeroen.van.bijsterveld@davilex.nl> wrote in message news:1187614503.599939.227360@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know why text made with publisher moves when a website is > loaded? > > Oscar > ...

Proper text
i am trying to change the casing in my text from all upper case to just the first letter Example: TRACY = Tracy. Can you help me anyone please I dont want to retype the whole work sheet Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm In article <AB9C86FA-6960-433C-8040-270503BF2813@microsoft.com>, "Tre1" <Tre1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i am trying to change the casing in my text from all upper case to just the > first letter Example: TRACY = Tracy. Can you help me anyone please I dont > want to retype the whole work sheet...

Count Multiple Text Entries
Hi, Following a post I did yesterday 'Count Text to get a Percentage'....my next post is that I need to count text entries in differing cells to get a result - Probably Sumproduct is the probably the answer but despite reading up can't get it. In Cell A1 (Title Merged across): Have you Carried out a H&S Check? In Cell A2: Select Job Title In Cell A3: Is the list (Validation List), Plasterer, Chippy, Brickie In Cell B3: Answer = Yes or No (Validation) Q: If I get: Chippy (A3) and Yes (B3)......how can I sum this to get a figure? to the effect that every Chip...

Importing text from an Explorer window
Howdy all. OS: XP, Excel 2002 SP3 I have my music stored in the My Music directory. I have Artist, Album Title, etc. attributes turned on. What I'd like to do is to take all of this information and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. When I "Select All" from the window, and "Copy", it wants to copy the actual songs, and not the text. Also, the "Paste" option in Excel is grayed out anyway. Is there a way that I can treat the info in a Browser window as just text, and then copy that info into a spreadsheet? TIA. -- Don Cox Here is one I have used...

WPF : how to print text onto which control
Hi all, I can't manage to write some text onto a control, using WPF. I've found some code on the web using DrawString. It doesn't work (?) with me. I'm making my own msgbox. So I want to be able to write the texts (with font attributes and so on) onto controls. Which control (WPF) may I use to write onto it, and how can print some text onto it ? Thanks Christian "Christian Hubert-Hugoud / weabow - Xtrem7 - Groobax" <nospam@weabow.com> wrote in message news:eeH6foPxKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I can't...

HTML/Rich Text Messages: Always Re-Downloading Bodies--Why...?
Currently using Outlook 2007, but has been the case with previous versions as well. Once a text with pictures, formatted text, etc (HTML and rich-text) downloads I view it -- but the message re-downloads every time I click on it in my inbox. I've checked the settings, but can't locate anything that'll make the message download, and stay downloaded, until I delete. Outlook isn't all that fast to begin with, but having to redownload a message because I've clicked it's header slows things down even more. ...

number changes into date-but I do not want it
when I type in the pH value of let's say 11.2 it changes into date like nov.02. I do not want them to happen. what is wrong?help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! odabuda@aol.com wrote: > when I type in the pH value of let's say 11.2 it changes into date like > nov.02. I do not want them to happen. what is wrong?help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right click the cell select format and make sure the cell isn't formatted as a date field. Should be number. gls858 Most unusual. Normal pattern for 11-2 but not 11.2 Try formatting the cells to General. What is the date separator set for in your W...

Problem retrieving text data from cell
Hello, I am parsing a spreadsheet and as part of the process I have to check what is in the cells in column A. The content is either a numeric character string, "019" for example, or "#N/A" The code below works fine as long as the cell contains a numeric string, but when it contains "#N/A" the behavior is strange. Dim oSourceSheet As WorkSheet If I use the Text propery, like this: sRegionNumber = oSourceSheet.Cells(lnFirstRow, 1).Text sRegionNumber is set to a Null string. If I use the default propery (Value?), like this sRegionNumber = oSourceSheet.Cells(lnFi...

Modifying Text in a column
Hello, I have a long column of text cells, each of which has a single piece of text in each cell. e.g., abc How can I change all the cells to have each cell modified by the addition of another piece of text added to it (no spaces) e.g. xyz becomes xyzK agh becomes aghK vtd beomes vtdK etc. Same "add-on" in each case. Thanks, Bob Hi Bob You can do it this way, assuming your data starts at A1 going down, just type =A1&"k" and copy down, it will adjust by itself. HTH John "Bob" <rgsros@notme.invalid> wrote in message news:idbeo7$dg2$1@news.eternal...

copy and paste text crashes word
If I copy text from Textedit or a pdf (using Preview) and then paste that text into Word it'll crash. Once that happens I have to log out of OSX and come back before Word will run without crashing (it'll open and as soon as I enter a keystroke or select a menu it crashes). Copy and pasting from within word is fine. Running the latest version of Office 2008. Any thoughts? What version/update of OS X? Have you recently repaired disk permissions? The behavior you describe suggests that it may well not be a fault of Word, but that perhaps something is being put on the clipbo...

Open/Partial/Closed PO icons gone
One of the computers here had a problem with Windows and I had to blow it away and re-install everything. I installed RMS v2.0 Store Ops & HQ and applied the Hot Fix we're all running (v2.0.0109, I think). The PO list used to have icons for Status. White/Blank for Open, White w/Red Exclamation Point for Partial and Yellow w/Lines for Closed. On this one PC, these icons have been replaced with text. It's obviously not a critical issue, but the user of this PC has been looking at those icons for over two years and she would prefer the icons over the text. Problem also appl...

Fix an image to a cell in Excel
I can add images to a s'sheet but wondered whether it was possible to fix the images to a cell, so that when the data is sorted the images will move with the sort. I'm using Excel 2003 SP2 Thanks Make sure each picture is completely within the cell or row. And include its column in the range to sort. When my pictures don't sort correctly, it's usually because the picture was just a bit outside the row/cell. posieracer wrote: > > I can add images to a s'sheet but wondered whether it was possible to fix the > images to a cell, so that when t...

Image files suddenly don't work
I have an existing database, which links to .jpg image files for particular records. It's been working fine for years. Suddenly, today, every record with an associated image gives the following error message when the record is opened: "Microsoft Access doesn't support the format of the file 'C:\Pathname\Filename.jpg,' or file is too large. Try converting the file to BMP or GIF format." Any ideas, before I go for a serious search of the Micro$oft KB? TIA, Rob PS. It also does not appear that the file association for .jpg files has been kidnapped by a new...

docmd.runsql only works when text is present
I have the following code: txtSQL = "SELECT mytbl.myA, mytbl.myB FROM mytbl where myA = " & strText For some reason in vba, my query works when the strText has text present (4567E), and doesn't when it is just a number(45643). What am I doing wrong? It is driving me batty. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 ...

Frozen Text Boxes
I accidently dragged a text box from Spreadsheet A to Spreadsheet B. Now the text box on Spreadsheet B is not accessible. I cannot click on it, highlight it, or do anything to get the handles to turn on so I can delete it. It is just sitting there across 5 rows. I can type text in the box but that is all. What did I do and how do I delete it? Thanks, Greg Dear Greg Go to the <View> menu and select <Toolbars>. Select the <Control> toolbar. At the top of the toolbar you will hopefully have the design icon (Blue set square) depressed. Click on it to raise it (swi...

Is there a way to copy text from a published knowledgebase article?
Hello, This is a question I haven't been able to find an answer to. Our helpdesk quite often needs to pass on instructions from the knowledgebase to our people in the field. However, once a knowledgebase article has been published, copying of text from it is disabled. Is there a way to enable that feature? Sorry, if this is a basic question, but I've googled this quite extensively and I've searched through the manuals without any results. Thank you for any replies. Pete ------=_NextPart_0001_00C5BA0B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Pete~ I am a...

What is formula to repeat row at top when column headings are numb
I have always been able to go to Page Set-Up and Sheet and enter in "$1:$1" in the Rows to repeat at top section. However, a person in my office has trouble with this formula on most of her Excel spreadsheets. I was messing around with it to try and figure out why it was giving her an error message that reads "The formula you typed contains an error." The only reason I could see why it wasn't working is because the column headins are numbered instead of lettered. Why would this be? Instead of typing, just point at a cell in that row. Excel will translate the for...

Puma Men's Motor Sport Collection Top Race 3-HD Watch #PU101021001
Price:$125.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001D1DUSY Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001D1DUSY Stainless steel black IP case Approx Dia of the case is 44mm without the crown Approx Dia of the case is 48mm with the crown Black dial with silver accent Black/red polyurethane strap Date calendar Water resistant 10ATM Quartz movement ...

A Program is trying to send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?
In Outlook 2000, how do I make this message go away when trying to email using an Access 2000 macro? "Beth Lindberg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cf601c3dac0$24adece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2000, how do I make this message go away when > trying to email using an Access 2000 macro? Unfortunately you can't AFAIK - it's a safety thing. Is there a way around it? >-----Original Message----- >"Beth Lindberg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:0cf601c3dac0$24adece0$a50...

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

IMF CustomWeight text case sensitive?
Does anyone know if the IMF CustomWeight file text is case sensitive? I'm trying to decide if I just need to add test like "Free" or if I need to add "FREE" as well. Thx! -- Exchange 2003 SP2 w/IMF and I'm sticking to it!! Not case-sensitive. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "GOJJGO" <GOJJGO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F816112C-0C5E-4A83-9846-7E2848125117@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if the IMF CustomWeight file text is case sensitiv...

Double lines of text in one cell
How can one generate double line of text that is shrunk to fit into one cell? Currently with word wrap text goes out of view. Any help would be much appreciated. While entering text in a cell pressing Alt and Enter will force the text into two lines. Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- > How can one generate double line of text that is >shrunk to fit into one cell? Currently with word wrap text >goes out of view. > >Any help would be much appreciated. >. > Gary With wrap text set on, Format>Row>Autofit. Note: you can break your lines...