I'm having problems inserting text files from notepad

When I try to insert a text file created in notepad, which contains
characters such as £, $ or letters with symbols over them, into a text box in
Publisher 2003 it comes up with a File Conversion window, and the options to
choose the Text encoding option.  This didnt happen in our older version of
Publisher, on our old PCs. We have new PC running Windows XP and Office
Professional 2003 and I want to be able to insert the files without this
window appearing. I have checked the registry and CharacterSet value is set
to ANSI.  Any suggestions on what is happening and how I can correct this
problem would be much appreciated.
--
Winfield
0

VBA
Hi! I have a template where I have allowed users to insert rows. I use the following code: Range("a52").Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert Rows("53:53").Copy Rows("52:52").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=False Range("a2").Select However, when the user closes the file - there is a huge amt of data on the clip board and I do not want the user to get the message - is there a way for me to clear the information on the clip board? Also what does "Applica...

Inserting form values into a table

MS Money 95 data files

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

data input in text box

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

Excel Problem

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

SOAP Exception

opening .bak file

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

Border problems

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Sum column values that contains text &/or dates
Column D3 thru D43 contain a mixture of values & dates. For example: D3 = 16,026.76 D4 = 11-18-05 D5 = blank D6 = 6,855.34 D7= 11-03-05 D8 = blank D9 = 5,270.00 D10 = 11-02-05 Need sum to equal 28,152.10 (total only values from entry or formulas) Thanks so much. mikeburg -- mikeburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489114 If your dates are text strings which say "11-18-05"...

How do I save a Publisher Document as a JPEG file?
I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I desperately need to sent this email and it's not working!! Desperately seeking jpeg wrote: > I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a > Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to > save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that > option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I > desperately need to...