I have individual place cards I want to print can anyone advise m

I am helping friends print their wedding place cards, they have been given
the individual cards from the place where they are having the wedding, but we
cannot get them to line up
0
Pauline (40)

What are the size of the place cards? Are there more than one card on the page? Are
you merging information? What version Publisher are you using?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am helping friends print their wedding place cards, they have been given
> the individual cards from the place where they are having the wedding, but we
> cannot get them to line up

0
gsauer (5093)
9/2/2005 7:08:23 PM
The place cards are just small cards they are not on a sheet of paper, I  do
not have any cards here at the moment as I kept ruining the one's they've
given me, I am using office 2003

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What are the size of the place cards? Are there more than one card on the page? Are
> you merging information? What version Publisher are you using?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am helping friends print their wedding place cards, they have been given
> > the individual cards from the place where they are having the wedding, but we
> > cannot get them to line up

0
Pauline (40)
9/2/2005 7:23:04 PM
You have to setup the printer first. If the card is, say, 4 x 6, then setup the
printer to that size, most printers have custom size options. The page setup should
reflect this setting when you click custom.
Consider your printer margin limitations as well. If your largest margin is .5 than
make all four margins .5, this will center your objects.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> The place cards are just small cards they are not on a sheet of paper, I  do
> not have any cards here at the moment as I kept ruining the one's they've
> given me, I am using office 2003
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What are the size of the place cards? Are there more than one card on the page?
>> Are
>> you merging information? What version Publisher are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am helping friends print their wedding place cards, they have been given
>> > the individual cards from the place where they are having the wedding, but we
>> > cannot get them to line up

0
gsauer (5093)
9/2/2005 8:20:46 PM
Word of advice - ANYTIME you are trying to print something on good card
stock, cut cheap paper down to the size you need and use that until you get
it perfect.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The place cards are just small cards they are not on a sheet of paper, I
> do
> not have any cards here at the moment as I kept ruining the one's they've
> given me, I am using office 2003
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What are the size of the place cards? Are there more than one card on the
>> page? Are
>> you merging information? What version Publisher are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am helping friends print their wedding place cards, they have been
>> >given
>> > the individual cards from the place where they are having the wedding,
>> > but we
>> > cannot get them to line up

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
9/2/2005 9:00:23 PM
Thank you so much for your help. I will try this on Monday thank you again

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You have to setup the printer first. If the card is, say, 4 x 6, then setup the
> printer to that size, most printers have custom size options. The page setup should
> reflect this setting when you click custom.
> Consider your printer margin limitations as well. If your largest margin is .5 than
> make all four margins .5, this will center your objects.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The place cards are just small cards they are not on a sheet of paper, I  do
> > not have any cards here at the moment as I kept ruining the one's they've
> > given me, I am using office 2003
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What are the size of the place cards? Are there more than one card on the page?
> >> Are
> >> you merging information? What version Publisher are you using?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Pauline (40)
9/3/2005 10:28:04 AM
Pauline wrote:
> I am helping friends print their wedding place cards, they have been
> given the individual cards from the place where they are having the
> wedding, but we cannot get them to line up

In addition to the advice you have already received, verify that your
printer supports that small of paper/card stock, otherwise, you will never
get it to line up or print properly.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

If I want to buid a simple database for customer details, should I use Excel or Access?
I want to buid up a database for store detailed information of customers. The key words would be contained Customer's name, contact, visited time, email address links ( That can be easily used for sending emails). I wonder which program is better, Excel or Access? I am thinking that Excel is more common to use. And If I set up Excel, its data can be imported to Access. There are two clues here. The first is "database" - Access is the database application. The second is that, in spite of that, you fancy Excel, probably because you are more comfortable with Excel. It is yo...

how do I get publisher 2000 to print avery labels
In Microsoft Publisher 2000, how can I print to Avery label format? File, Page setup, tick labels, the selections are old but there should be an equivalent to your size label. If you are unsure, go to www.avery.com type your Avery number in the search on the left, the search will come back with compatible sizes. For example 5160 is also Avery 15160 15660 18160 18660 5160 5260 5520 5630 5660 5960 8160 8250 8460 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KJ Mike" <KJ Mike@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Portfolio Server
I am an admin on the entire account and it will not allow me to do so. ...

Why does doc. in Pub. jump from landscape to portrait when print?
When we create a wide document in Publisher 2003 and want to print it out on Ledger size paper, the document appears fine on the screen, but when you click "print", on the screen, the "paper" on the screen jumps from ledger to portrait, leaving the content off the page, and it prints wrong (off the page). One trick that works sometimes, is to go Page Setup and change paper size from ledger to legal, then back to ledger. Then, change the setting from Landscape to Portrait, then back to Landscape. This will put the document back correctly on the screen, but when y...

print quality settings box greyed out
Hi In the page setup is the print quality setting supposed to be greyed out? The reason I ask is because I am supposed to have all worksheets in my workbook the same print quality or I can't convert it in Adobe Acrobat 6. -- Regards ON2DVD Ph 1300799383 http://www.on2dvd.com.au http://dvdquestions.com.au Certain settings are unavailable when you access SetUp from the Print Preview window. Start from <File> <Page SetUp>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ======================...

How can I test for nulls within a range without specifying each ce
This is my (disgustingly beginner's) function: =IF(AND('Worksheet2'!A5:A12="", 'Worksheet2'!B5:B12=""), "Both Columns Null", IF(AND('Worksheet2'!A5:A12<>"", 'Worksheet2'!B5:B12=""), "All of column A range populated", "Some of Column B range populated")) The important part is where I am specifying the range in a different worksheet ('Worksheet2'!A5:A12="") and testing the cells for nulls. The rest of the function is just retesting the same cells for di...

How can I identify source of objects from other files?
I am grading tests done on EXCEL. Several students' answers look almost identical to homweork problems which had been posted online. Using such templates is not allowed on my test. Is there a way to identify the sources of portions of another EXCEL file that were copied from another file into the students' test files? Not if they were actually copied, or copied and modified. Copying formulas, values or even code doesn't leave tracks. Your dilemma is just one reason we don't knowingly provide assistance with what are obviously homework problems. You mig...

Upgrading advise
Hi I have an access 97 app which I have the option to upgrade to either access 2000 or access 2003. Which one should I choose. I have heard nasty things about access 2000. Thanks Regards On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 03:00:50 -0000, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >I have an access 97 app which I have the option to upgrade to either access >2000 or access 2003. Which one should I choose. I have heard nasty things >about access 2000. I've certainly had better experiences in general with 2003. If you're doing anything with XML or more gen...

Can OUTLOOK do this??
New to OUTLOOK Is there a way to design a template or overlay compatible with Outlook that can be utilized to meet the following objectives? We currently track all "SALES JOBS" separately --there is an "ITEMS LIST" on each SALES JOB FORM that need to be completed for each SALE JOB. (We have 10 different ITEMS LISTS used depending on the specific SALE JOB, as well as a new ITEM LIST gets developed when we do a new type of SALES JOB.) Each ITEM LIST may require several TASKS to complete each ITEM on the list. The TASKS are scheduled based on priority and dates. ...

Can't insert row
I downloaded a free cashflow template and wanted to add more rows to it. I went to 'Insert' in the toolbar menu, but 'row' was greyed out, along with 'cells' & 'columns'. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. Make sure you're not in the middle of editing the contents of a cell, as that would grey out those features. If that isn't the problem, try Tools/ Protection ... Unprotect the worksheet. -- David Biddulph "teflon" <teflon@privateFEmail.me.uk> wrote in message news:C3ABDD8A.4870%teflon@privateFEmail.me.uk... >I downloaded a f...

How can I archive or export or replicate or whatever?
Hi All, I am having a POS application was developed in MS Access 97. How can I move all the data in the current tables to a safe place without losing data integrity and must be able to use in the near future without a lot of hashless. After all the data were moved, all the tables must be empty so I can start to enter new data into them. What I need is to move all the data of last year 2003 to some places without losing data integrity and at the same time the tables must be emptied so I can start to enter fresh new data of this year? Can you give me some suggestion? or article num...

Decimal places in a temporary table
I am using a temporary table to perform calculations before appending the resultant invoice transaction records to my main table. The temporary table is created in code like this: strSQL = "CREATE TABLE tblInvoiceTransactionsTemp (fldInvoiceTransactionID Double,fldProductID Double, fldIFAID Double,fldQuantity Integer, fldFreeOfCharge YesNo," strSQL = strSQL & "fldEnqID Double, fldInvoiceHeaderID Double, fldAgreedPrice Currency, fldVATRate Double)" DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL This all works fine but the problem is the VAT (tax) rate - the current rate is 17.5% but wh...

Re: How can I edit the GAL?
Check - "IMI GAL Modify" - ttp://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imigm.htm - we use it from few years... "Frusturat$d" <Frusturatd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47579443-D2BA-4B62-AD45-EAB7889154A2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to give a user (say in HR or Admin) rights to the GAL so > that > they can update employee phone numbers and locations? ...

Can't follow hyperlink in Outlook Express
Dear Reader, I use Outlook Express to read-email. I cannot click a hyperlink and go to an internet site from within an email message in Outlook Express. If I try to do so, the computer locks up and I must turn the power off. Do you know why this may be happening? Is there a setting within Outlook Express that controls whether a user can go to a hyperlink from an email message? If I open Internet Explorer and then go back to Outlook Express and copy the Web address that the hyperlink points to and then go back to Internet Explorer and paste the copied URL into the address box and press e...

Upgrade MM2007 Delux to M+Delux
Hello. I am goingi to buy a new version of MM - Money Plus Delux. Now I use MM 2007 Delux. It is working exscellent. I dowload Money Plus to my the second computer (trial) and it is working very good too. The both computers has got VISTA Ultimate 86, 2 GB Ram. So my question is - how to upgrade if I buy? 1. unninstall MM 2007 first and install Money Plus? 2. what to do with .mny file? Leave on the old location (My documets) before instalation or copy it after instalation MPlus? 3. or there is the other way? I would not like lost my date - since 1998 till now. Greatings -- JerzyMarian...

where can I find the database schema?
and further info about what happens when a transaction occurs? I downloaded the sdk but didnt' see much in there regarding this. Anyone know? Thanks Hi Not sure you can, w/o the customisation guide - which is a closely guarded secret. If you are a strong database person the best thing to do is to run SQL Profiler that comes with SQL Server 2000. It will log pretty well everything that happens. You still will have to figure out the schema yourself but you will see what is going into what tables. JPH On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:59:39 -0700, D <Dave@nothing.net> wrote: ...

Can't Send from Outlook 2002
I am using Hotmail, and can receive all folders, but can not send anything! The email moves from the "outbox" to the "sent mail" but never goes anywhere. Anyone know how to fix this? Tks ...

Can not connect to computer through RWW
I recently had a client move offices, and in turn had to get a new ISP. I had OWA and RWW, and Exchange working at the old location, but when they moved nothing would work. Found out after a hours of router configuration, and sbs restores and installs, that the ISP was blocking ports 25, 80, 443 and others they would not mention. I did ask for these ports to be allowed but was unsuccessful at having that happen. And I am unable to change ISP as there is only one provider in my clients area now. But there has to be another solution? So far I have worked around two issues, but ...

Can I change the color of a form based on status?
I have a form for work orders. I track the work order number, part number, serial number, etc. I would like to add a combo box with work order status Open/Closed. I know how to do this part. I was wondering if I can link a command that will change the color of either the box or the form based on the current status of the work order. When I scroll through the work order form I rapidly know which work orders are open and closed based on the color. The parts are shipped out to various agencies for repair and sometimes it may be months before we see our parts back. Once a week I go t...

Can't organize MSN emails
I have an MSN account. When i go to Outlook 2003 and try to organize the emails, the organize is greyed and it won't allow me to change it. Is there a way to do this? My husband says he can do it with Outlook Express and he loves the ability. He won't use Outlook if it doesn't do this. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure but I think you need to create the rules for MSN mail online using their web interface "suzhugh" <suzhugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39594E5A-B6A7-444E-B85A-79FC2A4AFA4B@microsoft.com... >I have an MSN ...

still can't use Entourage, PowerPoint, Excel
I posted here several weeks ago and this problem couldn't be resolved then -- not entirely, anyway. I'm trying again because I haven't been able to find anything more anywhere else, and there WAS one thing I did right that I would like to duplicate -- plus, I'm pretty sure I can pinpoint when this problem started. When it started, I'm fairly certain, was when I downloaded the last Software Update of Office for Mac. This had to have been right around April 18, because I remember having downloaded the update late at night while I was working on something else, then rather th...

Re: How can I change the color of negative bubble in bubble chart
Actually, you have to define your second color, click OK twice, so the series displays the gradient, then double click the series again,on the patterns tab, select the fill for positive values, and hit OK. (The series must actually display the gradient for a moment in order to remember the second color). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > Double click on the series, on the Patterns tab, ...

Printing invoices to PDF
I am printing invoices to a file using the pdf option. It works good, EXCEPT that with each invoice within a batch the system prompts for a file name. Does anyone know how i can print the entire batch to one pdf file instead of creating one pdf file for each invoice? I am using Great Plains version 8, sp3 and printing the invoices in Project Accounting Major 8 build 60. Thank you If you have a PDF writer installed as a printer, you can direct the output to the printer. For example, I have PDF995 and use it when I don't have a physical device but still want to print the reports....

Print Layout view as default view
We are using Outlook 2003 with MS Word as our default editor. When opeing attachments in Outlook the view is magnified forcing the attachment to span over say 4 pages instead of two - two being the actual number of pages in the attachment. If we go to view/print layout then the attachment appears as we would like it to. How can the default view be set to the pront layout for attachments? Thank you - ...

Can't view the MS Outlook 2000 calender when the workstation is Locked #2
Hi, I am facing this problem since a few days, that when ever i lock my workstation, then my colleagues cant view my Calender. I have got Windows 2000 as my Operating System and MS Office 2000. I would be thankfull, if my problem is resloved. Thanks & Regards, Subroto ...