I don't have Publisher but need to open a .pub email

I received a newsletter ending in .pub. I do not have Publisher. What do I
need to open the file? Thanks for any assistance.
0
tconnery (1)

tconnery <tconnery@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I received a newsletter ending in .pub. I do not have Publisher. What
> do I need to open the file?

Ask the sender to convert the file to PDF using a utility such as PrimoPDF
from www.primopdf.com

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
10/13/2005 7:48:50 PM
A) Download Microsoft Publisher 2003 Trial (or Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Trial)

Trial versions contain all the functionality of the regular (full) version, but can only be used for a limited
time. When the trial period ends, the software will go into reduced functionality mode. Essentially, you will
be able to view Publisher Documents (.pub) even after the trial period ends.

Microsoft Publisher 2003 Trial Software
http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/trial.mspx

Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Trial Software (includes Microsoft Publisher 2003 Trial)
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/trial.mspx

B) Buy Microsoft Publisher 2003 (or Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003)

How to buy Microsoft Publisher 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/howtobuy/default.mspx

How to buy Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/professional.mspx

C) Have the sender convert the Publisher Document (.pub)

Save a publication as a PDF file
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP062074021033.aspx

How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826360/

To view PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it here:

Save Publisher 2003 files in formats that others can view
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011111451033.aspx

Save a publication as a Word document
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011667581033.aspx

File formats that Publisher converts
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051241461033.aspx

Microsoft Publisher 2003 System Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/pubreq.mspx

Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 System Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/proreq.mspx

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

"tconnery" <tconnery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I received a newsletter ending in .pub. I do not have Publisher. What do I
> need to open the file? Thanks for any assistance.

Timothy L <lightguard007-newsgroups@yahoo.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> A) Download Microsoft Publisher 2003 Trial (or Microsoft Office
> Professional Edition 2003 Trial)
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/trial.mspx
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/trial.mspx

Neither of these links provide options to download, only to order the CD.
There is no downloadable trial of Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
10/14/2005 4:56:09 PM
Oops, I meant ordering a CD.

--

"Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23A7SzAO0FHA.2640@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Timothy L <lightguard007-newsgroups@yahoo.com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
> > A) Download Microsoft Publisher 2003 Trial (or Microsoft Office
> > Professional Edition 2003 Trial)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/trial.mspx
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/trial.mspx
>
> Neither of these links provide options to download, only to order the CD.
> There is no downloadable trial of Publisher.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Freeze Excel Spreadsheet till template open first then spreadsheet
Hi, When I export the data from Access 2002 to excel spreadsheet after select excel templates. I couldn't open the spreadsheet until i open the template and then closed the template. I open the spreadsheet where i get the data from Access 2002. It works. Here is the area that I have trouble with. 'Hide warnings on the spreadsheet ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = False 'Save the workbook ExcellApplication.ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Turn spreadsheet warnings back on ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = True 'Make it visible ExcellApplication.V...

Problems with creating a newsletter

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

open two different Access reports

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Sending Email #6

opening a .docx with word 2004

Need HELP! for Linking data

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes