I did it too- something different

For the first time in almost a decade, I have put together a website.
It's a work in progress and I am trying to keep it simple - no Flash,
animated graphics, ornate backgrounds. It's all about stuff happening in
my realm, something like a one-stop site for people in my circulation
area. The address is www.mcvcourier.com

If you have any comments, please let me know.

(I know, Off-topic!)

Mike
0
wordwiz (948)

Hey, Mike, looks pretty good to me... Did you use Publisher?

I had forgotten you were in Cincinnati. You will have to look up my son if you ever
get to UC. He is an adjunct professor and director of Disabilities Services. Dr.
Matthew Sauer... He lives walking distance to the campus, out of your circulation...

Keep up the good work!

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> For the first time in almost a decade, I have put together a website. It's a work
> in progress and I am trying to keep it simple - no Flash, animated graphics, ornate
> backgrounds. It's all about stuff happening in my realm, something like a one-stop
> site for people in my circulation area. The address is www.mcvcourier.com
>
> If you have any comments, please let me know.
>
> (I know, Off-topic!)
>
> Mike

0
gsauer (5093)
4/17/2005 10:33:32 PM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> For the first time in almost a decade, I have put together a website.
> It's a work in progress and I am trying to keep it simple - no Flash,
> animated graphics, ornate backgrounds. It's all about stuff happening in
> my realm, something like a one-stop site for people in my circulation
> area. The address is www.mcvcourier.com
>
> If you have any comments, please let me know.
>
> (I know, Off-topic!)
>
> Mike

I think it looks nice. You forgot to add titles.

--

Hugs, Erika
0
> Hey, Mike, looks pretty good to me... Did you use Publisher?

Viewing the source...

<!--Serif PagePlus 10 HTML Export-->

.... so I'm guessing he used Serif PagePlus 10 :o)

My main complaint would be the fact that the text is all turned into images,
such that the page cannot be read by a screenreader (and also JPEG artifacts
seem to have been created around the text in the conversion)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

Different Versions of Object Libraries
I have Access 2000 and 2003 on my development machine. My client only has Access 2000. When I develop for this client, I run Access 2000. However, my code requires that I have the Microsoft Word Object Library and Microsoft Outlook Object Library listed in References. As I result, on my machine they're listed as version 11.0, and then, when I upload the file, they show as missing. So I have to go through the steps of removing the references and then re-adding them on the client's machine for version 9.0. Obviously this is a bit of a pain I'd prefer to avoid. I realize I cou...

Difference from an average
I want to automatically calculate a difference from and average. However when the average changes, I don't want the previously calcuated differences to change. Is there anyway to accomplish this? For Example: Score 45 46 44 45 (Average = 45) Diff 0 +1 -1 0 What I would like to have aith adding 1 score Score 45 46 44 45 50 (Average =46) Diff 0 +1 -1 0 +4 Larry L wrote: > I want to automatically calculate a difference from and average. > However when the average changes, I don't want the previously > calcuated differences to change. Is the...

Two different totals in one cell
C D L O P Q R H, AL A, AL A A P SF H, AL 1.0, 1.0 1.0, 1.0 7.50 8.5 0.00 0.00 1.0, 2.0 As you can see, “A” (shown in columns D and L) and “AL” (shown in columns C and D) are in two separate columns; I would like to show their totals in two separate columns, i.e, O (totals of all “A”) and R (totals of “AL”) in the example above. Try these: =3DCOUNTIF(C1:L1,"*A*") =3DCOUNTIF(C1:L1,"*AL*") Hope this helps. Pete On May 4, 4:27=A0pm, something68 <somethin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > C =A0 =A0 =A0 D =A0 =A0 =A0 L =A0 =A0 =A0 O ...

sorting columns from different spreadsheets in same workbook
Here is my situation. I have 7 spreadsheets in 1 workbook. Each of the first 6 spreadsheets are set up in the same format. In the first 6 spreadsheets column a represents a name and there are a list of names from a:1 down to a:50 or so. then in columns B-F there is data in them. Column H is a formula that totals all the data and leaves a result. Again this is consistent with the first 6 sheets. What I want to do is on sheet 7 have a formula or Macro that looks at the first 6 sheets and finds the top 5 highest totals from column H and puts the results on sheet #7. The kicker is that I ...

Need help building chart to track trends between two different sets of data
Hi, all! I need to build a chart (for example, a 3D Area Chart) that will display the trend between two disparate sets of data. Now, I can't have the two side-by side, because one set of data falls in the 0-20 range(ish) while the second contains large cash values (cost of a precious metal, for example). Is there any way to build this chart so the smaller set of data uses a different scale than the second set of data, without displaying incorrect values? I considered applying a factor to the small value data set, but that just displays incorrect values on the axis. Any suggesti...

Can I tellthe difference between 'Save' and 'Save As'?
I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to save the file? Thanks M Sorry! worked it out formyself! SaveAsUI! "Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C892CE59-1BCA-467F-A461-A1C318262DD6@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save >As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to >save the file? > > Thanks > > M ...

Migrating to something else
I have been using excel to track RC race points the workbook is getting rather large as far as pages go. Each page is setup about the same as far as how it calculates stuff they are just different types of cars. Is there another program I could use instead of excel to slim line this and make it simpler Here is a link to what it looks like now [url=http://www.wichitarcraceway.com/wrcrw/raceresults/2010/points/arena_truck.htm]sample[/url] The most common mistake Excel users make is spreading related data over multiple Worksheets when 1 will suffice. Use 1 Worksheet, with appropri...

plotting different datatypes in a radar chart
Hi. I am trying to plot different datatypes (percentages and absolute values) in one radar chart. The percentages range around 100% (~ 30% - 120%) and the absolute values will range around 3 - 5 (which is interpreted as 300 - 500%). This distortes the graph and makes it incomprehensible. Since the absolute figures will be the # of a certain activity it is not good to convert them to a percentage. Does anybody know a way to plot this nicely into one chart without breaking the continuous line of the radar chart? Thanks Jerry. I created the software to support the Custom Radar chart f...

Difference between results of array formula and non-array, with IF(ISNUMBER)
I have the following array formula: ={(AVERAGE(ABS(IF(ISNUMBER(T119:T124),T119:T124))))} and the following non-array formula: =(AVERAGE(ABS(IF(ISNUMBER(T119:T124),T119:T124)))) In the cells T119:T124 are the following: -1,-1,-1,blank,blank,blank The result of the array formula is 0.5. The result of the non-array formula is 1.0 I believe 1 is the correct result. The array formula appears to be counting the blank cells as 0 when computing the average. Can anybody explain this difference in the result? I would like to understand what is going on here. Thank you. Tom Hi! The non-array f...

How to determine cell format in different locals
If I use the following syntax on any locale can I expect to get "S#" back for cell formated as scientific ? Works in US english just wondering if it would internationally ? can I use myFormat=cell("format",ThisCell). If not is there a function that can change the value coming back to compare to a speicfied LCID ? Something like IF( LCID(USENGLISH,MID(cell("format",ThisCell),1,1))="S",1,0) Hi works also in other langiuage version (or your formula does at least for the German version). -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany goLeafs wrote: > I...

open to a certain sheet tab in a different workbook
Hello All, I am try to do some coding to open to a certain tab in a different workbook. I am creating the sheet tab name that I need to open with concatenate (the name has three parts to it based on what the user select). The cell has a name (sheettab1but the value in the cell will change). Is it possible to use the value in sheettab1 to open to a certain tab in a different workbook? Thanks This assumes that the "other" workbook (a.xls) has already been opened. We get the tab name from the Named Cell, activate a.xls and activate the proper tab: Sub Macro1() s = Range(&q...

need help with something
Using XP Outlook 2002 I think there is a way to change it to 'corporate' sytle setup. Somehow my brother changed it to internet email only. How do I chang it back if it is possible? I'm not sure where to look so any help would be appreciated. you need to go to tool / options I think you need to go to mail setup and click on a button that is called something like mail configuration. I am not possitive on this because I have 03 loaded not XP. I have done it before and it something like that. Take a look at the tabes and see what you can find "Sam" <anonymous@disc...

Accessing a dialogs controls from different a dialog
If I use the following code within WM_INITDIALOG to add a value to a listbox that is on the dialog: HWND hwndlist; hwndlist = GetDlgItem(hWnd, IDC_LIST_CALIBOPTS); SendMessage(hwndlist, LB_ADDSTRING, 0, (LPARAM) sectionName); How would I go about adding an item to the listbox whilst in another dialogs code. Basically, when the user clicks ADD on another dialog I want the item to update in the listbox. Thanks Wallace You could do it the way you have asked. But to make it more OO, provide access methods in your dialog which exposes the functionality (eg adding an item to listbox etc.). O...

How do I retrieve my email in Outlook from a different computer?
jacksondog <jacksondog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your question in the body of the message. Chances are that without a tool like VNC, pcAnywhere, or GoToMyPC, you won't be able to. -- Brian Tillman what is pc anywhere or Go to my PC and how do you get it "Brian Tillman" wrote: > jacksondog <jacksondog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Ask your question in the body of the message. > > Chances are that without a tool like VNC, pcAnywhere, or GoToMyPC, you won't > be able to. > -- ...

One Command button for different reports
I have two controls, among others, on a particular form. One control ‘ContractNumber’ represents the specific customer (their phone number) and the ‘ContractType’ which represents the specific report. I have 5 reports, none of the reports are the same. Based on the ‘ContractNumber’ I would like to have a command button open the ‘ContractType’ for the particular customer. I realize I can have command buttons, one for each report and have a parameter query use the ‘ContractNumber’ to call up the specific report. I want one button to open different reports, say ‘Click to view customers C...

moving exchange 5.5 server to a different domain
I have an exchange 5.5 site with 3 servers in it. They are NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 They are all in domain a. There is a two way trust with domain a and domain b. I need to move one of the servers from domain a to domain b. Since I have permissions via the trust to the exchange services site acct. , is this as easy as removing the server from domain a and adding it to domain b, then bringing exchange services back up? Or is there a set procedure that should be followed? "=?Utf-8?B?Y2dsYWR5MjAwMA==?=" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1A7E7702-914A-...

Something destroying Money data
My MS Money 2007 software was working fine, and then a few months ago, there were transactions missing. I went for backups, and it seemed every time I opened a MOney file there were fewer transactions--it was truly weird. Thinking a file had been accidentally deleted, I used a file recovery program and retrieved file and backup - also no data. So I just put the whole thing aside and out of mind, but tried again today and searched all partitions for mny and mbf files.. Same result, if anything fewer transactions. Is there some virus or other malware that eats Money files? I guess I can d...

CListCtrl: detect dblclk on column & do something
Hi guys, how can I detect double clicking on column? Currently my application shows file list that should be selected by user by double clicking left icon or label. If user selects a file on open dialog, right column shows selected file. I like to allow user to open it by double clicking on it. Thanks Bob You should handle the NM_DBLCLK notification message & use the ListControl's HitTest() member function to figure out where the double click happened. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Bob" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrot...

Comparing Fields in Different Columns
I was wondering if there is a way two compare the fields in 2 different columns. Then if those fields are identical they would be removed. Is there a basic function to do this or do I need to write a macro? Thanks for the help. Hi......... Assuming your columns are A and B, in cell C1 put this formula and copy it down column C =IF(A1=B1,1,"") then sort on column C and delete all the rows that have a 1 in column C And, if you do this frequently, it could be recorded into a macro........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck CABGx3 "Guggenheim" <johlstrom@gmail.com> wrote in me...

copy and paste to different work book
I have a work sheet with a set of a few sells (4 sells) in a few rows (N rows). I want to copy set of those 4 sells from the row to a work shit in another work book (different work book each time). Repeat until the last row. Thank you Saita ...

comparing data in different sheets
I have data set for each quarter, like sales, profits, margins. The dat is for more than 1000 companies and in different worksheets: Eac quarter is in each seperate worksheet. It gets frustrating to keep on switching between each worksheet to ge a comparative number. Is there a way out -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In situations like this I generally create a summary sheet and reference the cells from all of the other worksheets. Set up the layout for the summary sheet and then select a cell you want to mirror the value from another worksheet. With the cell selected, ...

excel charts look drastically different on different computers
When we open excel charts on different computers in our office the formatting looks drastically different (for example, data labels and arrows on charts are in different locations). This is a huge problem because it means that the formatting has to be fixed each time someone opens an excel chart. This was never a problem until recently when some of our staff got new computers and for a short time they were using Office 2007 (everyone else in the office was using Office 2003). We've switched everyone back to Office 2003, but the problem with excel charts persists. When u ad...

rate with different pmv
If Pv =500,000 Nper =24 pmt =35000 I can get the rate is 55.75929% with funtion rate: =RATE(24,-35000,500000)*12 But what if Pmt is 35000 for first 12 Nper,and 10000 for next 12 Nper? What I know is to use what if analysis find the rate is 10.2923. Is there another way to solve this question? like ohter functions or macros?? Try replacing the PV constant with a FV function based on the current PV and the rate for the first 12 months. -- HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <pthisme@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b157f65b-4c4d-48ec-a460-77c67710d96b@x19g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >...

different color file names
I have not seen this before but my boss showed me some of his xl file names are blue and some black. I have not been able to figure this out.......any clues? Like in windows explorer? I think some versions of windows will show you mapped drives in a different color. And some will show compressed files (.zip's) in a different color. I use win98 at home and I don't have this option. But next time you're in windows explorer, look for Folder Options (or just Options) under one of the menu items. See if there's a setting for what you want. If you have trouble, you may want ...