On reopening the files I can't see pictures inserted in Word or Publisher.
0
Ahsan (2)

I'd suggest start by updating your graphics driver.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ahsan" <Ahsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On reopening the files I can't see pictures inserted in Word or Publisher.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

How do I change the default color of the tag for insert c... #2
This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default color? Thanks in advance. You can't change the color. You could use the Drawing Tools to draw a tiny little triangle over it (or them) and then give it a fill color. See http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html for more on comments. tj "ntwrkengnr@hotmail.com" wrote: > This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while > doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default c...

Word 2008 created files not fully readable by PC Word (2007 or 2003) users
When I created word files on my mac using Word 2008, pc users that I send the file to are only able to view the first two pages upon opening. I get the same result when trying to open the files on my word 2007 version through my Mac using the Parrallel program to access the windows OS. Is there an update that I am missing to correct this issue? Well, it's impossible to answer your question since you haven't given any indication of what your present update level is � or what version of OS X you're using. What I can tell you is that 12.2.3 is the latest available, so if t...

Publisher 2000 #33
I have publisher 2000, can I upgrade to the latest publisher program? didge What version of Windows are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "didge" <didge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70BAA685-7C19-4EA9-A2A7-0BDE96CEFB2F@microsoft.com... >I have publisher 2000, can I upgrade to the latest publisher program? > didge Windows XP "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > What version of Windows are you using? > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] > > > > "didge" ...

View Publisher 2003 File
Is there a way to view a Pub 2003 file if the program is not installed on your computer? I need to see if I can open the file to save it as a PDF and send it to someone. Is this possible? Thanks! No... You can download the trial version of Publisher 2007. It will open Publisher 2003 files. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx If you send me the file I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KenPez" <KenPez@discussions.microso...

make dvd/cd from pictures in email folder
how do i go about moving pictures to a folder and copy of pictures to a dvd or cd? appreciate any help given. -- lillyinsolon ...

Why can't I type on a certain section of a word document?
I am typing an outline, and after III. there is 3/4 of blank page, then IV. begins on next page. I have tried to find a break page marking, but do not see one. This must go out tomorrow - HELP! If you're using the built-in heading styles for your outline, be aware that they are all formatted as "Keep with next." This causes them all to stick together until a paragraph intervenes that is NOT so formatted. In any case, check the formatting of your paragraphs because "Keep with next" and/or "Keep lines together" (or even "Page break before&qu...

Big prodject! How to insert row or rows beneath certain text
Is there a code that when a certain text is in collumn (A3) ALL CORE i insert one row beneath it, Also if there is one or more text next t each other, Like Collumn (A9 and A10) HUNTER-#2 and HUNTER-#2 an there're the exactly the same then insert two rows beneath the las Hunter-#2. But the thing is I only want it to happen to specifics text and can it have exceptions like at A5 and A6 the text reads COPE & DRA #2 and under it says COPE & DRAG #3 can the code it insert two row beneath COPE & Drag #3 but if COPE & DRAGE #3 does not appear the insert one row beneath COPE &...

Office Publisher 2003 Printing w/Designjet 110plus
Publisher will print to other printer w/o problems, will print to 110+ if it is only one page, but if I try to print a sign or 4 pgs. on 24" X 36" paper it won't even try. The test pg. prints, I've uninstalled & reinstalled the driver, I've talked to manufacturer, now what? My technique for that would be to create a special size pdf and "print" to that. Then print the pdf. Usually works. Thanks some printer! "gypfuz" <gypfuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5491A7-3687-4E03-9115-6E960ACCE366@microsoft.com... > Publi...

How do copy text from a picture/image & make it available for edi.
I am trying to copy text from an image. And I want that text to be copied to Excel/word not as a picture or image but as a text hi, this cannot be done with excel. the text on the image is part of the image and excel only see the total image not individual parts of the image so it cannot seperate. sorry. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to copy text from an image. And I want that text to be copied to >Excel/word not as a picture or image but as a text >. > Thanks, can it be done in Word or notepad..... "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: &g...

Visio: How to set a transparent background on an inserted GIF?
Inserted a GIF from file with a white background. Would like to edit the image to make the background transparent so that it will overlay the drawing background. Is it possible in Visio, or do I have to edit the source file with another application? On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:49:02 -0700, John Sudds <JohnSudds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Inserted a GIF from file with a white background. Would like to edit the >image to make the background transparent so that it will overlay the drawing >background. Is it possible in Visio, or do I have to edit the source file >with ...

Style Pane is empty
Hello, I am using Word 2007 on Office XP. I am editing a file created by another user. When I display the Style Pane, it's empty. Any ideas? I have had the same experience with a few documents that I received by e-mail from one of my students. I don't know what is causing it, but it might depend on the version of Word the document was created in (judging by the compatibility options, the person used Word 2002 to create the file). The following procedure seems to fix the issue, though: In the Styles pane, click Options and choose something other than what is currently...

Help with query-dont want to see dupes
I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. The field to compare is ContactID On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:02:51 -0700, "Rob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product >between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear >multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. > >The field to compare is Contac...

zip codes become 0 after merge excel to word
About half the records show up as a 0 in the zip code field after I merge into Word to create mailing labels. I have reformatted the column to text, tried formatting as special zip code, but stil about half the records merge as 0 zip even though there is a 5 digit zip in the Excel file...this is driving me crazy! I did sort the workbook by zip code for bulk mail. Does anybody have any suggestions? Debra Dalgleish posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...

insert blank row every 10 rows
Is it possible to insert a blank row every 10th row starting from row 11 and going until the last and variable row of data? maybe this? Sub test() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim lastrow As Long Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1") lastrow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Do Until lastrow < 11 If lastrow Mod 10 = 0 Then ws.Rows(lastrow).Offset(-9).EntireRow.Insert End If lastrow = lastrow - 1 Loop End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "aileen" &...

How do I restore a missing menu bar in Microsoft Word 2003?
My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc). How do I restore it? I am not in Full Screen view. Thank you! Use http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm. For Word 2003, the registry key to rename/delete is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Kathy V wrote: > My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc). > How do I r...

Inserting blank rows plus using Sum
I have a list of stocks sorted by date. When the stock symbol changes, I need to insert 2 blank rows and AutoSum columns 2, 6,7, and 8 of the group and display them on the first of the 2 blank rows, leaving a blank row before the next group. Symbol Qty Price Action Name US Trade Date Amount Commission Fees MSFT -210 28.95 Sell 2/13/2008 6079.43 -0.07 -0.07 MSFT -790 28.95 Sell 2/13/2008 22863.24 -7.26 -0.26 -1000 28942.67 -7.33 -0.33 C -700 22.16 Sell 3/4/2008 15511.82 -0.18 -0.18 C -300 22.15 Sell 3/4/2008 6637.92 -7.08 -0.08 -1000 22149.74 -7.26 -0.26 MSFT -500...

Please Help: Character Insertion
Hello: I have an excel database full of product from my supplier. One of th columns contains UPC codes. A full UPC code is 11 digits, but for som reason my supplier omits the number zero in which the first number i zero. Right now, I have half a list of correct 11 digit codes, and th other half I need to insert a zero in front og very first digit. I there any way for me to do this in bulk instead of doing one by one? for example 12345678999 9999999999 (I need zeroes entered on these in the beginning -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe change the format to custom 00000...

HOW DO I Auto inserting date and time?
Can someone out there please help me! Am trying to find what the formula would be to automatically insert date and time (in seperate columns) when another field has been filled. Ie, if cell C3 has data in it, then for C1 to automatically insert the date, and C2 to automatically insert a time. I am told that this IS possible, but I can't work out how to do it! Thank you in advance for any assistance! Shane --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 01/09/2003 thank you...

Cant merge cell
When I merge two cells , the contents of which are X and Y, I get only one X in the merged cell. Worthless... I would like to get XY This is not possible in Excel, but if you wish you can use this formula in another cell, If X is in cell A1 and Y is in cell B1, you can write this formula in any cell: =CONCATENATE(A1,B1) I am no expert, maybe somebody else can come up with a better solution Regards "Dadada" wrote: > When I merge two cells , the contents of which are X and Y, I get only one X > in the merged cell. Worthless... > I would like to ge...

publishing a video clip
I want to put a video file on my web site. Can I just insert it as an 'object' on the page? Will it then get uploaded from my computer when I upload my site? jjjj wrote: > I want to put a video file on my web site. Can I just > insert it as an 'object' on the page? Will it then get > uploaded from my computer when I upload my site? ======================================== Try asking your question in the following group: "publisher.webdesign" http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7 -- John Inzer Including external files in a Publisher web: http://msmvps.com/blo...

Can someone help me print a 4 up post card in publisher 2007
I have been trying to print 4 postcards on a page but can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I'm a Publisher 2000 user and this is how I would do it using 8�"x11" stock. File Page Setup Special Size Width 5.5" Height 4.25" OK Create Postcard File Print Page Options button (lower left corner of Print window) Select Print multiple copies per sheet Custom Options button All margins set to 0" OK OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "JustAlice" <JustAlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7FC53C-3357-41FB-B650-...

Publisher #78
My computer video driver went down so i swapped the hard drive into another machine to carry on. However, publisher won't open because it doesn't recognize the computer and says it isn't valid for that unit. How do i beat it into submission so it will run on the temporary computer? -- RSD Did you reinstall Publisher on the new hard drive? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ron D" <RonD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18F65576-11FF-48E6-BDA8-FF87CED58E3A@microsoft.c...

picture attachments #2
Why when I try to attach pictures to my e-mails, the pictures are included not only as attachments, but also in the body of the e-mail? I've unchecked where it says "send pictures with message" under the Format pull- down menu. It just recently started doing this. Any ideas? What am I doing wrong? ...

How do I pinwheel pictures?
I want to put 4 pictures in a circle with one picture under another, kind of in an over, under pattern. I can get three done but the last photo is always either over two pictures or under. Is there a way to set a pattern for 4 pictures? Copy your final photo, paste, align the two photos, horizontal and vertically. Crop the top photo to the center. This half you will make it appear correct. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ilex52" <Ilex52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB986C3B...

how can I use a picture to fill text?
I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. How do I do this? Create the phrase with WordArt. Fill, Fill effects, Picture tab. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lee254" <lee254@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EA083FF-61A9-4DF7-9D65-6CAE1A3B02E5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. > How do I do this? ...