I can no longer see the pictures in a Publisher document?

I have created a publisher document with many images. Now when I open the
file no images can be seen. If I convert the file to PDF the images are again
visible.
0
Elliott (11)

If >view, pictures, detailed display isn't solving this...

Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings
tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, If this is your solution you need to go to
the web site of your video card and look around for an upgraded driver.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Phil Elliott" <Phil Elliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a publisher document with many images. Now when I open the
> file no images can be seen. If I convert the file to PDF the images are again
> visible.

0
gsauer (5093)
7/29/2005 7:43:09 AM
Thanks Mary. Very helpful. I have solved the problem by decreasing the
acceleration.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If >view, pictures, detailed display isn't solving this...
>
> Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings
> tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, If this is your solution you need to go to
> the web site of your video card and look around for an upgraded driver.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Phil Elliott" <Phil Elliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a publisher document with many images. Now when I open the
> > file no images can be seen. If I convert the file to PDF the images are again
> > visible.

Phil Elliott <PhilElliott@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> Thanks Mary. Very helpful. I have solved the problem by decreasing the
> acceleration.

Technically, you haven't solved the problem by decreasing the acceleration,
merely worked around it and removed the symptom.

Just like when you take cold medication, you don't actually treat the cold,
just the blocked nose and other symptoms.

The way to solve this problem is to get new drivers from your graphics card
manufacturer.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/30/2005 11:04:40 AM

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Phil Elliott <PhilElliott@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > Thanks Mary. Very helpful. I have solved the problem by decreasing the
> > acceleration.
>
> Technically, you haven't solved the problem by decreasing the acceleration,
> merely worked around it and removed the symptom.
>
> Just like when you take cold medication, you don't actually treat the cold,
> just the blocked nose and other symptoms.
>
> The way to solve this problem is to get new drivers from your graphics card
> manufacturer.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>
> You're correct Ed, I decreased the accelerator which allowed me to view the pics but I loaded a new driver (free) from Intel which meant I could reset the accelerator which is better for video clips.
Thanks for the advice
Newperson Downunder

0
Newperson (6)
8/2/2005 9:21:01 AM
Newperson <Newperson@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> You're correct Ed, I decreased the accelerator which allowed me to
> view the pics but I loaded a new driver (free) from Intel which
> meant I could reset the accelerator which is better for video clips.

Thanks for posting back!  Glad to hear you fixed your problem :-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

How can i move a macro from one computer to another
i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel Macros live in excel workbooks. So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it there. TorToms wrote: > > i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Or you could export the module containing the macro as a *.BAS file, email it to other computer then import to another workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:05:48 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote: >Macros live in excel workbooks. > >So ...

Can you ignore table validation on query append?
Hello, I have a table that has validation: IIf([Document 1] Is Null,[Document 2] Is Not Null And [Document 3] Is Not Null,IIf([Document 1] Is Not Null,[Document 2] Is Null And [Document 3] Is Null)) This is because when my user fills out their form, they must select one choice from List A OR one item from List B and one item from list C. My problem is that I have an append query to add any new hires to the table in an autoexec. The append query is failing because I am not updating any data for the above Documents. Is there anyway for me to get around the table validation on my append? Any ...

No In-Document Mouse Imput Accepted
I am running Microsoft Vista Enterprise with Service Pack 2 and Office 2007. When I enter Microsoft Word, I get a dialog box stating "An Unknown Error Occurred". If I opened a specific document, the document will not display and it will bring up a new document instead (although this works if Word is already open, and opening a document through the menus within Word works). Once I am in a document, mouse input is only accepted in some locations. Clicking in the text to move the cursor does nothing. Attempting to move the scroll bar by either clicking the arrows or g...

How do I get the document to align with my labels?
I keep trying to print these labels, and they end up wasting because the alignment is off. I am using the right number labels along with the application, but for some reason it's not working. My printer is a F335 All-In-One. Please advise. Thank You. Extremely difficult without seeing them. But 99% of the time it is because normal.dot has been modified by adding a Header or Footer or similar and labels are based on normal.dot. So try starting Word in Safe Mode and create a sheet of labels to see if that works. If it does, rename normal.dot as normal.bad and start Word agai...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Public Folders: "Document not saved"
Infrastructure Background: Exchange 2000 running on Windows Server 2000 Desktop: Windows Professional 2000 with Outlook 2000 client. Problem: People are receiving the following error message whilst trying to save Office documents into a Public Folder: "The disc is full. Free some space on this drive or save document on another disc. Try one of the following: Close any unneeded windows or save the document on another disc" Investigation reveals: 1) The is over 80GB of free disk space on the server the Public Folder data is stored on 2) The people concerned have suffient permiss...

Excel to publisher import
How can I import an excel spreadsheet to publisher doc.? If you want to insert the actual spreadsheet, you can go to Insert > Object > Create from file and browse to the Excel file. If you want to merge the contents of the cells, you can use the Mail Merge feature in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F32E78-1710-40E9-8922-CE4EBD69F5C2@microsoft.com... > How can I imp...

Complete system lockup when opening publisher
We have been having this problem for a while and recently it started a second system so now I can rule out the one laptop, but I'm hoping someone has a fix for this. The my documents are sync'd to the U: drive which is a network share. Sometimes when the user opens publisher it will freeze and lockup the entire system. You can move the mouse but that is all. Even Ctrl-Alt-Delete does nothing. I have to hard power off and on the laptop to get windows responding again. Everything else works just fine. But to get publisher working again, I have to open regedit and...

best way to publish html newsletter for e-mail
I would like to create a newsletter and send via e-mail as an HTML file that will be viewable by a wide variety of e-mail programs (Outlook, Outlook Express, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.). Please advise if you have any suggestions. Shawn458 <Shawn458@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Please advise if you have any suggestions. Don't use Publisher. :-) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I think it is the consensus of most is to use a pdf file attached to a cover letter e-mail. Benefits include limitless number of pages Full screen display by a...

Publisher documents do not print. Help!
I just set up a new computer with an HP Deskjet 5440 and Microsoft Publisher 2003. Documents print perfectly from every software package except Publisher. Publisher documents don't print at all, even after I reinstalled the printer drivers. The entire document or just the pictures? If it is just the pictures, click the advanced print settings button in the print dialogue, graphics and fonts tab. Be sure "Do not print any graphics" is checked. Look on the HP site to be certain you have the most current driver. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Can't find CD/DVDdrive
My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. Working fine yesterday - no software changes made. Both have power to them. I've unplugged everything and put a new lead from them to the motherboard. Doesn't appear to be anything physical. Followed various posts on this site. Mr Fixit recognises the problem but can't fix it. Went into registry. Higher filters there but no lower filters. Any suggestions? On 06/20/2010 05:13 AM, Philx5 wrote: > My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. ...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

Publisher #9
I have someone who translated their PUblisher 98 document into Latin. How do i get it back to english? I used the Language setting button and nothing happened. Please Help. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from VP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have someone who translated their PUblisher 98 document > into Latin. How do i get it back to english? I used the > Language setting button and nothing happened. There is no way to translate a document automatically. If the person did translate their document, the original text...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

How can you enable a combobox to be "tabbed" or entered out of?
I am trying to allow users to tab in to a combobox and then tab/enter out after a selection is made. Right now you have to use the mouse to enter the combobox (tabbing goes to the cell underneath it) and after you make a selection, its like you're stuck in the box - you can only get out by using the mouse or pressing escape (which then brings you to the last cell you were in). Is there a way to fix this? ...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...

I can't see the image picture from the manager program
Using the Manager - Item Properties - Special Tab You can select the picture files that reside in the associated folder that is set by the Adminastrator - paths - pictures - folder location. The files sit on the backoffice PC and I can see the selected picture in the little window, via the Manager program no problem. At the Inventory PC, I set the Admin program to look at the server and file paths are set. I can see the picture files and select them but no image shows up in the little window. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this? Moe Register is looking local for photos, needs to ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...

How can I get data from an entity via java script
How can I get data from an entity via java The problem: I have a new entity with alle zipcodes and cities/countries. I want it to be so that if a person enters data in the zip code on account or contact that city and state automatically is filled with corresponding data from the new zip code entity. How can I do this, java script ?` Any ideas appriciated ! Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 13991 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke de...

how can we transfer data from child dialog box to parent Dialog Box. #2
hi guys, i have created modalless child dialog box by parent dialogbox using UI Thread . now i want to do 2 things first i want to transfer CPoint variable from child to parent and second i want to call OnLButtonDown() function of parent DialogBox. i have hint but not proper please help me to complete this one. SendMessage(m_pParent, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, x,y); // from child side void CHRS_MoleDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) //on parent dialog box first of all tell me is it possible if yes then what will be "x" and "y" so that they can convert into CPoint v...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...