I am unable to use some of the Quick Publications

I am using XP and Publisher 2000.
When I try to open some of the Quick Publications and use the wizard I can
see the selected item flash on the screen then it defaults to a blank sheet
and the following message appears.

Publisher cannot complete the operation

I have tried the detect and repair procedure several times now and still
cannot get to the available publications.

The following article addresses the Clip Gallery, it also has information about
the Pubwiz Folder. It wouldn't hurt to replace the Pubwiz, follow the
instructions in the article.

PUB2000: Error Message When Starting Clip Gallery from Cag.exe or When Working
in Clip Gallery
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325462/en-us

Take a look at your video/graphics driver, is it current?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"MartinBB" <MartinBB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using XP and Publisher 2000.
> When I try to open some of the Quick Publications and use the wizard I can
> see the selected item flash on the screen then it defaults to a blank sheet
> and the following message appears.
>
> Publisher cannot complete the operation
>
> I have tried the detect and repair procedure several times now and still
> cannot get to the available publications.

0
Mary

RMS should provide a quick printout of an item or a customer
It would be great to be able to quickly print the complete record of an individual Item or Customer. When browsing a list of records or when viewing the properties of a record, there could be a button labeled 'Print Record'. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Unable to read notes in Presenter View
I am using PowePoint 2003 and I have a similiar problem to one posted by Roman Valoria in 2008. Some speaker notes do not appear when I use Presenter View. It is not true for all note pages, just some. Whenever the notes do not appear, the slide number appears in the upper left had corner of the notes area in Presenter View. I tried doing what Roman had suggested, but when I go to Note View, I just see the notes. The page number does not appear. Has anyone else dealt with this before? If the notes don't show up when you view the Notes Page, try the following: 1. Clic...

Unable to install update 12.1.0
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have downloaded Update 12.1.0 but when i open the installer, a problem occurs. I can't select a destination-volume and I get the following message: "You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." The software on my computer is version 12.0.1. ...

cannot copy a post from a public folder to my drafts folder
good day several of our Exchange 2003 (sp1) customers are experiencing an odd behaviour: from their outlook 2003 (sp1) some of them cannot copy a post from a public folder to their drafts folder, receiving a generic "insufficient permission" error. it is not a matter of permission since they all have reading permissions on the public folder and obviously write permission on their drafts folder. other users can easily do the same operation without problems, while a few experience random behaviour: sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't (even trying to copy the same po...

How can I see who is using OWA?
We want to shutdown the OWA server but were wondering if we could see who was online using OWA. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 front end and back end with AD 2003 environment. -- Marie W Check the log created by ISS with a log analyzer -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Marie W" <MarieW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B595E04-099A-41C4-9C3B-43173BF941A8@microsoft.com... > We want to shutdown the OWA server but wer...

Finding hotfix using Best Practices Tool
I have ran a full scan using Microsoft Best Practicies Tool on my 2003 exchange server sp1, and can not find if Hotfix 898060 has been installed On 10 Apr 2006 11:45:41 -0700, "New Guy" <atranthought@gmail.com> wrote: >I have ran a full scan using Microsoft Best Practicies Tool on my 2003 >exchange server sp1, and can not find if Hotfix 898060 has been >installed Superseeded by: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913446/ Can someone explain what this link is? Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-007, does not seem to pretain to Exchange 2003, does this take the plac...

Unable to break links
Has anyone else had this problem? I created a worksheet with multipl external links and did an EDIT Move copy worksheet to a new book. I the new book I attempted to break the links and was unsuccessful. Som but not all of the links broke. This is Excell 2002 -- Dave0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dave01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1674 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31953 Try Bill Manville's excellent "FindLink" utility .. It's available a...

Quick Find search limitation
Hello, Is there any way to configure the Quick Find or edit your search string to search two different fields for any of the words in the search string. The request comes from a client who wishes to use the quick search to retreive leads based on a surname and city. We are in the scottish highlands and there are no shortage of macdonalds or macleods so they would like to search by the city simulataneously!! I have added city to the searchable fields, but the Quick Find can only successfully return leads when I submit a searchstring for Lastname or City (eg. enter "Macdonald"...

using silent setup with Microsoft Custom Installation Wizard
I created a custom installation MST script to deploy Outlook 2003 within my company. So far I've been using executing it manually having users click on a batch file but I'd like to deploy it through the login script. I want to do a silent setup, or at the very least disable the cancel option to keep users from stopping the installation. The command line I'm using to execute the install goes like this: setup.exe TRANSFORMS=\\SERVER\OUTLOOK2003\OUTLOOK-INSTALL.MST /qb- Can I modify the switch at the end in order to prevent users from cancelling the script? Alan, I am not sur...

use find to find fill?
Want to find cells with certain fill colors in a range. VBA. Excel 2007. I can't even use Find & Select to do it. All I get is "Preview" in the format space and it can't find anything. Even with identifying the cells contents. Like find 25 with fill color red. I do "find" 25 format fill red and nothing happens. Then I try choosing the format from the cell. Same thing. It can't find it. I was hoping to record it in a mcro and learn from it. Nothing works. John How did the red color get in the cell... manually colored or conditionally f...

Beginning COM using VS.NET 2003 !
Hi, What is the best way to start learning COM using VS.NET 2003. Most of the tutorials online use Visual C++ 6. And I do not find any similar wizards Visual C++ 2003 as used in those tutorials. Thanks, Mrunal I am not sure what tutorials are you looking at. To learn COM, wizard does not help you too much. Are you by any chance talking about ATL? ------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Use spreadsheet as data source
Hi, We have two workbooks, Bk 1 contains information relating to production scheduling and manufacturing information. Bk2 is a template used to generate a ticket (workbook) containing specific information relating to the individual order. Is it possible to transfer information between the two. Eg on Bk1 there is a packing spec worksheets for items, what size outer to use, and how many items in that outer as well as other information, can we interrogate this (search by item code) and then "autofill" in cells marked "Outer" and "Number" in Bk2 (ticket). Tha...

run report that uses a set of dates #2
Once again I am baffled! I need to keep track of projects that get checked out to be updated. Each sheet is a different project. In column B I have when the project was checked out. IN column C I have the date the project was checked back in. The formulas I am currently using are: Column D: =TRIM(IF(B9<>"","out","")&" "&IF(C9<>"","in","")) which gives :"out" if not checked in and "Out IN" if it is. Column E: =IF(B9>C9,"OUT","In") This tells me if the project...

In Excel I need to insert a clean form each use
I have created a protected worksheet with unlocked cells to be filled in by the user and saved. Then next week I need to to have another copy of the same blank form for the user to fill in with new data. I thought I could just insert a copy of the form (as its own file) on Sheet 1, but can't figure out how to do that. Robin, Hold down the CTRL key, left click the sheet tab and drag to create a copy. It will have a name of something like Sheet1 (2) so rename as required. Mike "Robin" wrote: > I have created a protected worksheet with unlocked cells to ...

Help! Can I store my files on a disk for future use?
Is it possible to store my messages on a disk and bring them up at a future time using the disk? If so, how can I store them. We are changing servers and I have to reduce the size of my files. Please respond ASAP. Thanks, Liz File > Import and Export > Export to a file File Type: Personal Folder File (.pst) Note, save this file to your hard drive and note the location. Once the file is completed, copy it to your other disk (probably a CD-R). -- Charles Kenyon Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (sup...

Cannot use
Hello All, I this problem since yesterday Actually I post this already and get some reply but that doesnt solve it. Again my problem is: I have newly setuo exhcange 2003 (SBS 2003) everythng works fine until I test for open relay (using telnet om port 25) and found that it was indeed open. So I check KB and follow intruction to allo only this IP block to relay mail 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 but when I try to telnet again the server on port 25 I cannot connecto it anymore. I restarted the service even the server itself but still I cannot connect to it. NOTE: I can connect with port...

Using Word for large docuements.
Hello, I thought I would just ask to see if anyone had any tips for using Word (2003) for producing large documents. Im producing a user manual, which stands at 50+ pages, with many screen shot graphics, and Ive noticed in the past that previous versions of Word tended to get a bit quirky when they got to this size. Besides regular backups, has anybody got and tips on ensuring that the document remains "stable". Thanks TIm Did you mean to post in an Excel newsgroup? You'll probably get better answers in an MSWord newsgroup. Timboo wrote: > > Hello, I thought ...

Unable to read file #6
I have received this error twice on the same file. I have another file I use equally as much with more information yet I do not have this error when opening it. I had a copy saved and when I opened it to re-enter the information, then saved it, I got the same error when I opened it again. YThe last time This happened, I had to re-create the entire file, but this time there is 5 months worth of data that would be next to impossible to recover. Any suggestions? I have tried running defrag on the drive with no results. ...

I need tutorials to use outlook
Please address me where I may be able to find instrucction on how to use the outlook as a begginer? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/FX100647191033.aspx -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Yol wrote: | Please address me where I may be able to find instrucction on how to | use the outlook as a begginer? "Yol" wrote in message news:72140F56-9662-439A-B638-994C7BD66FA0@microsoft.com... > Please...

Database backup whilst the POS is in use
I currently do my daily database backup during the night using a scheduled Windows task. The backup is copied to multiple hard disks on different PCs. I would like to do additional backups during the day whilst the POS is being used. Does RMS SO actually allow this or would I have to briefly shutdown the POS for the backup? I am on V2, SP2. Thanks for your reply. Yes, you can run backups while POS is running. You can even run backups when multiple manager programs are running. SQL server is built to handle many different concurrent connections. As another option, you can also use the c...

Can I use a split scale on a value (Y) axis?
If the maximum of one data point is much greater than that of all the other data points, is is possible to split the scale on the Y axis, so I can enlarge the lower data points and still show the max of the largest data? yes see Tushar Methta's page "deswork" <deswork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:650D3409-2504-4963-A465-171326369E03@microsoft.com... > If the maximum of one data point is much greater than that of all the other > data points, is is possible to split the scale on the Y axis, so I can > enlarge the lower data points and still ...

Open .msg files - using CreateItemFromTemplate?
Hi everyone - I'm trying to open .msg files using the CreateItemFromTemplate method in the Office XP PIA. I've managed to find a scant few examples - but they appear to be using another version of this method because they reference only one parameter. The PIA version is sonethimg like this: CreateItemFromTemplate(string Templatepath, object InFolder) As in something, I suppose, like this: public string OpenMSG(string Templatepath) { if (!Directory.Exists(Templatepath)) return "Directory: " + Templatepath + " does not exist"; Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outl...

Help Using a Combination Function
BACKGROUND: I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that would help me do the monthly schedule for our nurses more efficiently. Right now, the spreadsheet is just fully manual, add all the dates (to six sheets), review the schedules cell by cell to make sure we have enough people scheduled and then take the daily schedules and apply to yet another spreadsheet that shows the daily schedule (versus the 28 day schedule). CURRENTLY: I have created a new spreadsheet that has already automated some of these functions. I have created a cell so that I only have to enter one date and ...

Is it possible to use CRecordSet without connecting to a database?
Under .NET you can use the ADO.net object without never connecting to a database. Creating columns and inserting data manually. Is it possible to do so with a CRecordSet? If it is important to know, I need to do so because I have a working C++ function that accepts a CRecordSet derived class as a parameter (ugly, I know), I'd like to use the function and send it a RecordSet, just like it used to get before, however, all that without connecting to a database. - I'll fill it myself using another source. Is it possible? Thanks, Vitaly "Vitaly Belman" <vitalyb@gmail.com>...

unable to create public folder...directory replication has duplicates
I accidently renamed a public folder called "Outlook Security Settings" in Outlook. Due to directory replication with other sites, there are 9 other "Outlook Security Settings" in public folders. I figured renaming ours wouldn't affect anything. Unfortunately, now my users are unable to access certain forms published within that folder. They keep getting the warning message "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses stored in your Outlook" whenever they try to access it. I read so many articles that said I need to recreate the "Outlook ...