Hyperlinks when published

When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl
- click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The
only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any
ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP.
0
newtothis (1)

How do I join the Publisher Service Provider Program?
Need to verify if I already belong. If not or it has expired, interested in joining and obtaining my free copy of publisher. Where and How do I do this? Sue Kaminski at Harwill Express Press Publisher Service Provider Program wrote: > Need to verify if I already belong. If not or it has expired, > interested in joining and obtaining my free copy of publisher. Where > and How do I do this? Sue Kaminski at Harwill Express Press ======================================= Maybe the following link will get you started: Publisher Prepress Support Information http://office.micros...

hyperlinks #21
I would like to get the information from a hyperlink to appear in another cell. I have copied a column of hyperlinks into excel. I browse over the links and it gives certain information. I would like to access that info. The exact case is: I have a list of clients that are listed as hyperlinks. When I browse, it gives me the ID of the account executive handling the client. I paste the list into excel. Is there a way to have the AE's number to appear in the next coulumn? John You should be able to do this with VBA. Can you give an example of a hyperlink and what you want to...

How do I keep font formatting in publisher?
I produce a newsletter in 2 forms using Publisher. One form is with 2 A5 pages printed to be folded as a brochure (sent to a printer). If I try to make this single A5 pages (using page setup) some of the font sizes and types change - mostly becoming very big making other text disappear into overflow, requiring almost a complete rework of the publication (28 pages worth). Is there a way to stop the fonts changing? What version Publisher? Is your original layout a booklet using A3 stock, folded into A5? I've tried to duplicate your issue, but I cannot. Before you change the public...

Office 2008 & Live Hyperlinks in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi all! We send out zipped files to our folks with all documents, PDFs and files hyperlinked to a main MS Word agenda. In the past, MAC has unzipped and enabled all links. With some of our crew moving to Office 2008 though (and Leopard) they are unable to utilize the hyperlinks as provided. One is running 2008 Office for MAC and another has Parralels. Another party was able to open using iWork and had no Office loaded on their mac. The two computers with 2008 Office and Parallels were unable to utilize their iWork to enable the hyperli...

printing banners set up in Publisher
I would like to print a banner set up in Publisher in color book setting...only prints outline of font. Is this possible? I've done it before in Print Shop but can't find a setting in Publisher Use WordArt. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ble" <ble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D82DECA3-7BC2-4ED7-935D-CEE8C3F8AB47@microsoft.com... >I would like to print a banner set up in Publisher in color book > setting...only prints outline of font. Is this possible? I've done it before > in Print Shop but can't find a setting in Publ...

accidentally unistalled and deleted publisher software...help
purchased it online 6 months ago do not have product key or confirmation emails of purchase online. geoff wrote: > purchased it online 6 months ago do not have product key or > confirmation emails of purchase online. ================================= Have you tired doing a System Restore to a time before you uninstalled the program? (306084) HOW TO: Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084 Using Windows Vista System Restore http://tinyurl.com/2qhd77 or... http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vist...

Pagemaker to publisher
Hi - am wondering if there is a relatively easy way to convert a file created in pagemaker to MS publisher? Thanks. Hi Dr. C (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Hi - am wondering if there is a relatively easy way to || convert a file created in pagemaker to MS publisher? || || Thanks. Mr. C, No, there is not. Your best option would be to copy/paste or drag/drop from your PageMaker publication to your Publisher publication having them split vertically on the screen. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Sit...

Publishing a technical manual
I wish to publish a 100 page technical manual. The text for this project now resides in MS Word 97. 1. Is MS Publisher a suitable tool for this task? 2. Can I import my Word document into MS Publisher as a starting point? 3. Are the versions of MS Publisher backward compatible like other MS products? 4. Is any specific version better for this task than another? Thanks, Rich After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Rich <voseworks@aol.com>... > I wish to publish a 100 page technical manual. The text > for this project now resides in MS Wo...

Old Publisher Templates
I just upgraded to Publisher 2007. Believe it or not my previous version was Publisher 97. I have a few templates in 97 that do not appear in 2007 that I want to use. Is there anyway to access those old templates from 2007 version? Install Publisher 97 in its own folder on your hard drive. You can use the old templates. Publisher 97 great on WindowsXP, especially if you use the compatibility mode. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2455E...

printing publisher on 11x17 double sided
I am printing a newsletter on an 11x17 page double sided. Pages 2 and 3 print out upside down. I rotated the two pages in Publisher but it didn't select the background. I am wondering if there is an easier way to do this. Do I have to print one side first and then do the second side separately. Thanks Yes, you are correct. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I am printing a newsletter on an 11x17 page double sided. >Pages 2 and 3 print out upside down. I rotated the two >pages in Publisher but it didn't...

Publish Freebusy information
I know I am able to increase the default value (being 2 months) for Freebusy information in outlook 2003 through Outlook group policy templates. My question is there a recomemend best practice value\threshold. For example I would like to increase the value to 1 year. Would this impact greatly on server performance? No, it wouldn't - Free/Busy data is quite compact, the change shouldn't have any performance impact imo. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "garethtex&quo...

"Publisher Cannot open the file!!"
hello, lasty year i created a 52page catolouge for work in pub, i need to update this but unfortunatly it has told me that "Publisher Cannot open the file" i have tried all the help options i could find online and i have had no luck, there is about 2 weeks work re doing the file so i would be really happy if somone could help!! thanks russ keegan What version Publisher? Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/976177/en-us If you have other versions of Publisher: ...

Publisher 2003 04-06-10
I have a Publisher 2003 file that was emailed to me. I am running Publisher 2003 as well on my computer, but Publisher returns an error message, Unable to open file??? Any ideas? Could be your virus software is preventing it from opening. Some suggestions here: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 ...

Hyperlinks colors
The problem is that the hyperlinks in the mails i receive appear white and as a result when the background is white i cannot see them. I have made numerous attempts to fix the problem but it persists. I have tried to "play" with the theme settings in word 2003(as it is my editor for the messages) but nothing changed. I have tried to fix the issue through outlook 2003 various menus and option but again i have managed nothing. Give me a little help please because i really have problem in reading my mails. In Control panel, internet options (or if IE is open, its t...

hyperlinks #45
I know how to hyper link other document in Excel, but how do I make sure all the links work when I transfer all the documents to a CD. The path for each end users CD reader might be different. ...

Can I resize a project in Publisher to fit a smaller page?
I have a finished project for 11 x 14 paper and would like the same layout to fit smaller paper. Can this be done without going back and resizing every item on the page? I have Publisher 2000 -- ruthie41 Save as a PDF, print to a smaller size. http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "ruthie41" <ruthie41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9C9238-A912-4D0B-A188-CCF61A36AAA4@microsoft.com... >I have a...

How do I use 11x17 paper to make a booklet in Publisher?
I want to end up with a four page booklet with the pages being made up of 8.5x11 pages. To print two 8.5x11 pages side by side, the copy paper needs to be 11x17. When I make these adjustments (to 11x17) in Publisher, the print results turn out incorrect. Some people have told me that I should make .pdfs of each page, print them out, arrange them on the copier, and then print them off. It shouldn't be this complicated. I believe that my problem lies in the many different places to adjust page sizes. There is the "page set-up" page, "print" page and a copier...

hyperlink to directory folder while highlighting filename
I have a excel sheet that categorizes all the PDFs by it's filename. Basically I want to hyperlink the PDF filename to open the directory location plus highlight the filename. Is this possible? I've been able to either set the hyperlink to open the directory or open the PDF. ...

Publisher using Vista Home Basic
I am using vista home basic and have installed Office Home & Student plus Publisher 2007. Initially in Publisher I was able to access all options of template but after changing the business logo I can only access flyers and blank pages. I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still have the same problem. Would appreciate feedback. What happens if you delete the logo out of the Business Information, can you access the other templates? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF1B7F85-3...

How do I remove the password on my own MS Publisher files?
I am trying to convert one of MS Publisher publications to PDF with a PDF converter but the message says that the publication is password protected so it will not convert to a PDF. Where and how do I remove the password on the MS Publisher publication, please? Very interesting, since Publisher doesn't offer password protection of any type... at least 2003 doesn't. I don't know if previous versions did or not. Are you sure it is a Publisher (.pub) file? Does it prompt you for a password when you open the file in Publisher? [Although I don't see how it could.] If no 3rd ...

Problem printing Publisher document
I get the following error when trying to print - Publisher cannot print this Publication. To print composite CMYK or separations, you must use a printer driver that is set to output Post Script language Level 2 or later. I am using an Epson Color Stylus 670 and I have installed the lastest drivers for this printer. Any tips? Are you trying to produce a CMYK file for a consumer inkjet printer? You don't need that setting. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cd01c4263d$017434f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I...

Publisher #7
I created a publisher address list for envelopes. I then exported it to microsoft access to make a different kind of list with the same information. I did not know that by deleting some of the catogories that it would delete in publisher. Is there any way to get that information back??? Thank you for your help. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from A Bormet <Appraisals@intrapraise.com>... > I created a publisher address list for envelopes. I then > exported it to microsoft access to make a different kind > of list with the same in...

Hyperlink removal
How to remove a hyperlink from an email message (to be sent) Right-click and select Remove Hyperlink. In Outlook 2002(XP) there's also the AutoCorrect Option that's a little square that floats nearby the link. Undo Hyperlink is on the pull down menu. -j >-----Original Message----- >How to remove a hyperlink from an email message (to be >sent) >. > Thanks J, I should have stated I am using Outlook 98 and it doesn't have a remove option that I can find. >-----Original Message----- >Right-click and select Remove Hyperlink. In Outlook >2002(XP) there&...

Hyperlinking to Outlook contacts in office 2007
I have an Excel spreadsheet built in Office 2000 and used extensively in Office 2003 that successfully hyperlinked to Outlook contacts via the syntax: outlook:Contacts/~Joe Bloggs The Microsoft knowledgebase articles like that at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/225007/en-us for Outlook 97, 98 and 2000 tend to say this should be enclosed in angle brackets (< and >) but Excel 2003's hyperlinking window strips these back out. But that didn't seem to matter because in Office 2003 these hyperlinks work. Having migrated to Office 2007 a click on one of these hyperlinks opens ...

Including Hyperlinks in Document Exported from Excel to PDF
I have about 150 charts in an excel workbook that are updated weekly an exported to a PDF document. I want to include a master index at th front, and sub-section title page indexes throughout the document, wit hyperlinks to the named charts and sub-section title pages. However, find that chart sheets can't be hyperlinked, and if I locate the chart as objects in worksheets then create hyperlinks to those sheets, th hyperlinks do not carry over into the PDF. I have tried using both PD writer and PDF distiller, and am using Adobe Acrobat 4.05. Is there a way of either ensuring that the hyp...