hyperlinking email addresses in a directory

I am using a catalog merge to form a directory which I plan on turning into a
..pdf.  I am wanting to have everyone's email address be hyperlinked so people
can access their email with just a click.  Can this be done?  How?
0
Kim3887 (151)

It depends on the pdf application you are using. Publisher doesn't export
hyperlinks to pdf's with certain applications. They would need to be
manually recreated in the PDF app once converted from Publisher. Adobe
Acrobat 7 will retain Publisher's hyperlinks.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a catalog merge to form a directory which I plan on turning into
> .pdf.  I am wanting to have everyone's email address be hyperlinked so
> people
> can access their email with just a click.  Can this be done?  How?

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
6/11/2005 9:54:22 PM
Also, if a viewer has Reader v6.02, an email address is automatically a
link, without a hyperlink in Publisher. Caveat: It does not appear like a
common link. There are no indications until you put your cursor on it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It depends on the pdf application you are using. Publisher doesn't export
> hyperlinks to pdf's with certain applications. They would need to be
> manually recreated in the PDF app once converted from Publisher. Adobe
> Acrobat 7 will retain Publisher's hyperlinks.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am using a catalog merge to form a directory which I plan on turning
>>into a
>> .pdf.  I am wanting to have everyone's email address be hyperlinked so
>> people
>> can access their email with just a click.  Can this be done?  How?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/11/2005 9:57:18 PM
Acrobat Reader 6 and above will identify linked e-mail addresses.
To show you what I mean, visit http://tinyurl.com/2ve72 and just below the
list of officers there is a link to the "Officer E-mail Title Directory".
When you click on it, a pdf file will open with a list of Officer e-mail
addresses.  If you are using Acrobat Reader ver 6 or above the address will
change your mouse pointer from an arrow head to a pointing finger.  Click on
the address and your e-mail program will come up.

Hope this helps you out or get back and we can work on another angle.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a catalog merge to form a directory which I plan on turning into
> .pdf.  I am wanting to have everyone's email address be hyperlinked so
> people
> can access their email with just a click.  Can this be done?  How?

Error in Global Address Book after 60 days
Hi, i have a Exchange 2003 thats migrated from Exchange 2000, everything work fine, but after 60 days then something happend with the Global Address Book, i have a program called AgendaX (calender) thats read all users calender, but now after 60 days then there is a error thats tell me thats the users homeserver in the global address book is wrong, i can add new users and they work fine, but all old users are gone. Could there have been some deleted items in the address book that are gone after 60 days? is there any way to study each users entry in the global address book in detail? I c...

Hyperlink problems
I am running Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I have hyperlinks to .BMP files. I have my computer setting to use MS Picture Viewer as default program, but when I click the link from within Excel it uses MS Paint to open the file. How can I set it to be MS Picture Viewer? 1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel. 2. Select "File Types" tab. 3. Select BMP from "Extensions" and press "Advanced" button. 4. Select "Open" from "Actions" and press "Edit" button. 5. Type Picture Viewer pass or select Picture Viewer exe file (o...

How to forward email in Exchange2003
Shortly we have windows server 2003 instead of windows NT, now the problem is that I don't know how to forward mail from a user to a second email-adres within Exchange2003. ...

Names, Addresses In A Table...
I Am Putting Names And Addresses In A Table For A Directory I Am trying To Put Together, 6 Rows And 3 Columns. 18 Companies To A Page, I Will Have Approx. 300 Pages When Complete. My Question Is: Is There Any Way To Make Them Go In Alphabetical order By Name Of Company? I Am Very Greatful To Anyone Who May Be Able To Give Me Some Help. Thank You very Very Much. PS: I Am New To This Kind Of Software And Would Like To Say To MS PUBLISHER...You Are Very RUDE!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01E6_01C43075.4641A2B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf...

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

Emailing Routing in Mixed Environment
We are setting up CRM 1.2 in a mixed NT4 (Exchange 5.5) and AD (Exchange 2003) environment. I need a little help setting up the email routing. I set it up according to scenario 2 (page 72 of the Implementation Guide) which involves a separate subdomain for the CRM Exchange server. Here is the behavior as indicated on page 75: In each of these scenarios, Microsoft CRM users and queues send messages from the Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 server by using the Microsoft CRM subdomain (user@crm.adventure-works.com). Replies to these messages are handled in one of two ways: * If the reply ...

email addressbook name order (last, first)
I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit "To" and my address book come up all the names are arranged first, last. How do I order them last, first? Thank you Change the sort here: Tools menu > Account Settings > Address Book tab > Highlight Outlook Address Book > Click Change "Dave R" <rezin8@threshold-studio.com> wrote in message news:D14B3FCF-D6F2-453D-8BEC-B398C687ED1F@microsoft.com... > I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit > "To" and my address book come up...

System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
Also posted in general ASP.NET forum. System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. I have hit a problem for which I can find no solutions. Has anyone any ideas? I am writing XML into a Memory STream and using a Transform to make HTML. This works fine normally, but I have now the above stated error. I did get some odd chars in the HTML name which caused a problem, which I corrected. The current error seems to random. I am wondering if memory is the problem, or disk space. Last Trace - html 2-->../Grohe/Grohe-Sundries-Handles-Handles-Automati...

Outlook Import of Eudora email
Outlook 2003 doesn't seem able to import email from Eudora version 6. I get this message that the folder could not be opened. Is there a workaround to this? Use Outlook Express as an intermediary. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Outlook 2003 doesn't seem able to import email from Eudora | version 6. I get this message that the folder could not be | opened. Is there a workaround to this? In article...

Is it possible to setup a mail address change reminder?
I'm managing an Exchange 2000 server. We've undergone a mail address change recently (both new and old addresses are still valid) and I'd like to know if it's possible to set up a mail address change reminder. Such reminder's job is like this: When a person sends to the old address, I'd like Exchange to send a reminder back to this person to tell him that he could use the new address to contact the user. How to do this? TIA Perhaps have users setup Rules or use a transport event sink. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----...

no message in email
I have about 120 clients. Email from one particular client sent to only three particular clients arrives blank. OK for everyone else. If anyone else forwards the email is arrives OK. All are running Win98SE and Outlook 2000 SP1. SP3 is not installed because of trouble with attachments. Outlook repair has been run, Outlook has been removed and re-installed all with improvement. Any ideas. -- dmtech =?Utf-8?B?ZG10ZWNo?= <dmtech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:BB699AF3-3987-45D0-B01C-0433F9C6321B@microsoft.com: > I have about 120 clients. Email from one particular clie...

Hyperlinks don't work in emails!!!!!
When I click on a hyperlink in an email it opens up an empty explorer window. The page or image never loads. How can I fix this problem? ...

How do I display Older email
My current view only shows emails that are 2 weeks old. How do I display older emails that are previous than that? VG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My current view only shows emails that are 2 weeks old. > How do I display older emails that are previous than that? View>Current View>Messages or View>Arrange By>Current View>Messages (depending on the version of Outlook which you thought we could use mind-reading to determine). -- Brian Tillman ...

export my outlook address book BACK to outlook express?
so...I hate outlook. it's WAY WAY too slow...and I've learned how to use OE to import all of my emails/folders etc back okay. but OE reported that it can't import the outlook address book... how do I do that? Jim JVRudnick, you wrote on Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:31:01 -0800: > so...I hate outlook. it's WAY WAY too slow... Which version? Maybe following articles are helpful: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/slow.htm http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940226/en-us > but OE reported that it can't import the outlook address book... If your contacts in Outlook st...

Wrong From address (OL 2003)
Outlook 2003 SP-1 on Windows XP SP-2. Internet only version. Just this morning, Outlook has started to malfunction in a most peculiar way, using the wrong From address on my e-mails. I have six accounts in Outlook, named G1, G2, G3, C1, C2 C3. My default is G1. When I write a new e-mail using G1, or respond to an e-mail sent to G1, the From address is shown as that from account C1. In fact, I have tried writing e-mails from different accounts and on all but one occasion it used the From address associated with account C1 (no idea what was different about that one message, so...

Delay receiving email from Exchange
Env: Small Business Server 2000; Outlook 2002 SP3 I have one user who does not automatically receive email from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. > I have one user who does not automatically receive email > from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item > in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the > same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is > working fine...

prevent outgoing emails single mailbox
Is it possible to hold a user's emails in a holding area and give the end user the impression that emails have been delivered. When emails have been examined they will be released. We need to monitor a user for security reasons. Any assistance or ideas greatly appreciated. On Mon, 30 May 2005 05:55:01 -0700, Eilish <Eilish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to hold a user's emails in a holding area and give the end >user the impression that emails have been delivered. When emails have been >examined they will be released. > >We need to mon...

Send from "role" email
So, we just transitioned from an ISP hosted email to Exchange 2003 SP2. The office manager always used "info@company.com" for sending and receiving emails. Now we have her set up with her own name for login and emails/Mailbox... and also have her receiving the inbound emails that are addressed to "info@company.com". Seems to be working inbound just fine... except if we try to send emails changing the "From" herID to "info@company.com" -- it will not send emails. I think she'll want to continue using this "role" email for most corresp...

"FileDialogOpen"
xl03 I'm using "Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)" to present a list of files to the user so he/she can select a wb to load. My question is, can I somehow force the dialog to open with a specific directory? -- Regards Rob (Most of this was stolen from the help for .filedialog) Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim lngCount As Long Dim curFolder As String Dim newFolder As String curFolder = CurDir newFolder = "C:\test" ChDrive newFolder ChDir newFolder ' Open the file dialog With Application.FileDialog(msoFileD...

Deliver malformed messages to recipient instead to the badmail directory
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to deliver malformed message(s) to a recipient instead of deliver it to the bad mail queue. A customer get's e-mail from a company where the UTF7 encoding is not correct, so the e-mail from that company is not delivered to the recipient but to the badmail directory. Is this possible in Exchange 2003 SP2? TIA, Fred "fred" <fred@wppd.info.invalid> wrote: >I was wondering if it is possible to deliver malformed message(s) to a >recipient instead of deliver it to the bad mail queue. A customer get's >e-mail from...

Address Book Contact Permissions
I have migrated an Exchage 2000 public store over to an Exchange 2003 server and I am having permission problems with some of the contact records transfered in the store. When trying to edit or save the record i get the error: Your changes could not be seaved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in this folder. I have checked client permissions and I am set as Owner on the store and I can add and edit new records but the migrated records all seem to be Read-Only. How do I get the correct permissions applied to these older records???? Thanks! -Ken ...

Cannot find delivered emails
Hi, I have some Kyocera copiers that have a scan to email functionality. On a few of them, I am not able to receive the scans. I have the machines set up to use my Exchange 2003 box as its SMTP server. Both the from and to addresses belong to my domain. I believe the Kyocera is authenticating correctly. The copier believes that it has sent the message successfully. I have even tried to use my ISP's SMTP server and I know it is successfully handing off the email to the bellsouth smtp server. However when the bellsouth server tries to deliver the message the same thing happens, it ...

Outlook 2007 opens instead of Windows Mail when e-mail address is clicked on?
We do all our mail and newsgroup work using Windows Mail, but when we click on a email address receieved in a message or at a site (example: johndoe@here.com) Outlook 2007 opens and tries to take over instead of Windows Mail. We never use nor setup Outlook 2007 so I'm not sure why this is acting as the default mail service. Can someone please tell me how I can set our computer to open Windows Mail when we click on a email address? Thank You so much in advance. You're in the Windows Live Mail newsgroup. You want the Windows Mail newsgroup. Windows Vista Mail Newsg...

sending emails password protected
I need to password protect attachments to certain email addresses. How do I do it? Dee You could send them as password protected zip files. -Peter "Password protected emails" <Password protected emails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:888EFA41-F102-4262-91AC-472E2FD80845@microsoft.com... >I need to password protect attachments to certain email addresses. How do >I > do it? > Dee "Password" wrote in message news:888EFA41-F102-4262-91AC-472E2FD80845@microsoft.com... >I need to password protect attachments to certain email addr...

Accidental address add to Junk email......
I did this some time ago, realized I had done it shortly thereafter and then went into the junk email senser's list and deleted the address out. Outlook 2000 (SR-1) is still sending the sender's email to the deleted items folder. Does anyone know what else needs to happen for this person's email to not get blocked? Thanks, JB ...