I have just upgraded to Pub2003.  My old Pub2000 had no such feature.  My
problem is when I cut and paste into the new Pub2003 it automaticly uses a
Line Spacing default "After Paragraphs: 9pt" - this whacks out all my old
logos and forms when they are copy/pasted in to a new Pub2003 .pub

If I open an old (2k) .pub file with Pub2003 the spacing is fine - if
figures out the Line Spacing is "After Paragraphs: 0pt"

Excel default
I would like to change the default settings on opening Excel in a similar way in which you can do with Word by changing normal.dot. However, I cannot find a comparable file. I would appreciate it if someone could point the way. Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Bill Excel does not have a Normal.dot as Word has. There are several ways to customize Excel workbooks and worksheets. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Stor...

Calendar default date
Using excels calendar on a worksheet works great. However I would lik it to default to todays date. I would think this would be the defaul but I guess not. I have inserted an Calendar 8.0 object. I have inserted the following code in the worksheets code. Private Sub Calendar1_Click() 'ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "m/d/yyyy" ActiveCell = Calendar1.Value Calendar1.Visible = False Range("e27").Select End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 2 And Target.Row = 27 Then Range("c27").activate ActiveCell.Font.Size = 12 ...

Use Plain Text as default format
I am using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000. I cannot find a way to make a new mail message default to Plain Text format. Instead, a new message always starts out as Rich Text. And another issue, HTML format is not one of the options under the "Format" menu pull-down. Why? Can someone assist? Thanks. tools, options, mail format doesn't give plain text as an option? on the html one - are you in the message form's format menu or Outlook's tools options? The message form only shows plain text as an option - until you switch to plain text, then HTML is an option. -- ...

how do i set up a chart Y middle axis?
Not really sure what you want to do, since you have given no elaboration for your somewhat ambiguous subject line. You cannot have 3 y-axes (or 3 x-axes) on a chart. If you want to control the y value where the x-axis crosses the y-axis; then double click on the y-axis, go to the scale tab, and adjust the "Value (X) axis Crosses at" field. Similarly if you want to control the x value where the y-axis croses the x-axis; then double click on the x-axis ... Jerry Eduardo Acre wrote: [the body of the post was completely blank] > You cannot have 3 y-axes (or 3 x-axes) o...

Cannot print to default printer when opened from email
We have an intermittant fault that seems to only affect some users/printers. When users open an email attachment without Excel open in the background, they are then unable to print to their default printer. They are then unable to print to this printer for any spreadsheet opened. You see a spooling message, but nothing comes out on the printer. It can be resolved by printing to a different printer, then choosing your default again. If you have Excel open when opening the attachment it doesn't seem to happen, everything works as expected. Has anyone seen anything like this, or hav...

How do you remove a paragraph border in Word 2007?
Hello: I went Page Layout tab, Page Borders, Borders Tab, clicked Box, clicked the drop down menu and selected Apply to Paragraph, clicked OK. I have a border around my text. However, as I didn't choose the custom border, there is a bottom border line where the paragraph spans more than one page. the result is that I'll have a border on one page and a border around the remaining part of the paragraph on the next page. I know how to take care of this problem. However, to get there, I need to get rid of the border. Thanks for your consideration. John ...

Adjusting one data set based another
I'd like to compare two sets and report a result that shows how one data set would plot if related to the other set (sorry, I know that's poorly worded). Here's an example: Sample #1 Sample #2 25% 0.26 25% 0.264 30% 0.31 30% 0.317 35% 0.36 35% 0.365 40% 0.41 40% 0.426 45% 0.45 45% 0.5 50% 0.51 50% 0.569 55% 0.56 55% 0.644 60% 0.62 60% 0.72 65% 0.69 65% 0.779 70% 0.75 70% 0.835 75% 0.84 75% 0.901 80% 0.93 80% 0.968 85% 1.03 85% 1.049 90% 1.12 90% 1.108 95% 1.24 95% 1.194 100% 1.4 100% 1.242 So, in the above data for example, at 50%, sample #1 reports 0.51 in sa...

Can we set a particular category as a "default" category for all messages (w/o using a template, etc.)?
Thanks. Not in versions prior to 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in me...

sending v cards, changing address settings
Hi i use outlook 2003, When I send a v card, the address fields change to businness, which is normally blank. I have set the home address as the address to use as mail address, but still this happens. I tried forwarding the contacts, not as v cards, which does not have the same problem, but found this duplicates the contact in my outlook. any ideas thanks tim ...

Error:Your currenct Security setting Prohibit running ActiveX Cont
How do I get rid of this error in Outlook 2003 "Your current Security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not be displayed correctly." ...

Default Font for Register in Money Deluxe 2004
Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. The font that is used as default for the Check Register is so small that it is practically unreadable. Is there any way to change to a larger font? I realize that font size can be changed in Reports, but I have not found a way to change font in Check Register. I am a long time user of Quicken and this is not a problem in the old Windows 3.1 version. Any thoughts would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Thomas Cox wrote: >Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. >The font that is used as ...

Formatting default Entity and Value
In ORM Source documents is it possible to set the default background colour (Fill) of Entity and Value elements? To save me having to continually setting the values manually. Cheers, McGiv Hi McGiv, > In ORM Source documents is it possible to set the default background > colour (Fill) of Entity and Value elements? To save me having to > continually setting the values manually. Sorry, no. The ORM info is separate from the shape info and as such a new shape is created every time you drop a given ORM object on a page. If you want them all to be a given color (which I don't thi...

How to incorporate 2 sets of changing named ranges
Hi All I'm a novice that needs help please..... sorry - I've tried but I'm stuck.... (one workbook, heaps of worksheets) I've created a macro that runs a set of actions for multiple named ranges by calling each (see code below) It finds / copies / pastes data from different worksheets & named ranges into an overview. The macro adds a 1 or 2 or 3 to "collectionMT" and repeats the actions against each named ranges: CollectMT1, CollectMT2, CollectMT3, CollectMT4 etc through to CollectMT9 I don't know how to do the same (in the same macro) for t...

How do I set the User Defined paper size in Excel?
The paper size drop down provides for User Defined size, but I have not found any place to set the size of the paper. There are only fixed sizes available. Is this just a flaw on the programmers part or is this a feature that is hidden? Tony All these settings are set in the printer driver, not Excel, so it is the driver that is not allowing it (Or at least Excel's interaction with it) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D4BC61C-C16D-4...

sbs 2008 under Updates, "change the software update settings" crashes console
Running SBS 2008 SP2, fresh install with just a couple users, I noticed that under Security, Updates, in the Tasks window there is a "Change the software update settings". When I click this link, the "Software Update Settings" window appears for a split second then the SBS Console crashes saying "Windows SBS 2008 Console has stopped working" with these details: Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: console.exe Problem Signature 02: 6.0.5601.8497 Problem Signature 03: 4a612b8b...

HTTP Virtual Server Loses Settings
I have a second virtual server setup via System Manager. I then went in through IIS Admin tool and did more advanced configuration such as adding SSL to a specific IP address, host header for a different IP address, etc. so that I can have two "http virtual servers" that use two different SSL certificates (we are in the process of migrating domains and we use Treo 700wx's). It works great for several hours... but then, for some reason, all the SSL, host header configuration, etc. for the second HTTP virtual server disappear and it stops listening on 443 at the specifie...

Defaulting History View to All instead of Last 30 Days
CRM 3.0. From Contacts or Accounts, if users want to see History, the Closed Activity Associated View defaults to filter on Last 30 Days. How would I change the Closed Activity Associated View default filter to All? Thanks, Boolean1 On Aug 24, 9:07 pm, "Boolean1" <Boole...@verizon.net> wrote: > CRM 3.0. > > From Contacts or Accounts, if users want to see History, the Closed Activ= ity > Associated View defaults to filter on Last 30 Days. How would I change = the > Closed Activity Associated View default filter to All? > > Thanks, > > Boolean1...

Outlook Security Settings.
Hi. Have a user that is complaining about picuters that is not visable. It appears as red X. How can the user see the pictures? The user is running Outlook2003 wtih all updates. Thank you in advance. Assuming he has downloaded content enabled, see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp. To enable download content, right click on the red x and choose the option to download content. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-reque...

Changing default font #2
How does one change the default font in Publisher 2002? I want a certain font to always come up first when I do publications. That functionality is not available. You can however refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/addins.html -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Patches" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:280c01c3fc99$0914cda0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How does one change the default font in Publisher 2002? I > want a certain font to always come up f...

Outlook Settings
Hi, I have configured my Email Account in MS Outlook as POP3 . now daily when i start outlook in POP3 server it shows localhost insted of IP of POP3 server.My username also changes . Anybody pls tell me the solution. I have checked there is no any virus on PC. Regards, Abhi pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhishek pandey) wrote: >Hi, > >I have configured my Email Account in MS Outlook as POP3 . now daily >when i start outlook in POP3 server it shows localhost insted of IP of >POP3 server.My username also changes . >Anybody pls tell me the solution. >I have checked there...

Change Excel Exponent Default Setting
I work for a company that is implementing a new chart of accounts to manage our business. The new account length will be 12 characters in length(e.g. 611500100001). Unfortunately, when this is entered in Excel - Excel automatically changes the value to an exponent (6.115E+11). Now I know I can change the format to display the number correctly, but actually want to either change the default exponent length setting or worse case: remove the exponent feature altogether. One of the other reasons that this will become a big problem is the fact that in my company we utilize CSV (comma separated v...

setting up a new Internet message policy
would like to setup a new policy to allow an external company to receive read receipts. I have setup a new smtp policy under global settings > Internet Message Format. So I now have one that says Default domain * and the one below this that says external.domain.co.uk. The default one does not allow read receipts and the second one does. Unfortunately this does not work. Any ideas what I am missing? I've been looking around on the net and now I'm wondering if it is at all possible to set this up so external companies can receive read receipts. Can someone confirm if this...

how can I chang the default owner of my tasks it is my isps name .
when I start a new task the owner of the taks is my isp's name and not my name can I change some thing to make it my name? ...

How keep chart-datapoints displayed when column-width is set to zero
Hello there, my data basis for a chart has one column, that I don't want to be shown in the spreadsheet. However, when I set this column's width to zero, the correspondig data dissapear from the chart. How can I have both, a hidden column and its values shown in the chart at the same time ? Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. - Select the chart, then select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Chart tab, and UNcheck the Plot Visible Cells Only checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ hglamy wrote: &...

field default value
I have setup default picklist values on Account, the default field values only works when an account is newly created, not converted from a lead. For instance on the shipping field if I create a new account (not from lead), then it defaults to UPS, if I convert to Account from lead then the field does not default. Since this is not a mapping do I have to use a onload event to fill in fields? Unfortuately, defaults only work when the records are created from the form. If you really want those values, one option would be to add similar field to the Lead (with defaults) and then supply ma...