How To Type a simple 5 page Sales Letter with Text Only

I'm BRAND new to this. ..and so lost. I simply want to
type a 5 page sales letter on blank paper with nothing on
it but text.

Can't find any letterheads that don't have a design on
them.
Thanks.
Diane
0
anonymous (74722)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Diane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> I'm BRAND new to this. ..and so lost. I simply want to
> type a 5 page sales letter on blank paper with nothing on
> it but text.

I would recommend Microsoft Word for this.  Publisher is more oriented
around designs that have more than one element - multiple streams of text,
pictures, or non-standard layouts.
Microsoft Word is designed for letters with just text.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
11/6/2003 9:01:38 PM
Hi Diane (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| I'm BRAND new to this. ..and so lost. I simply want to
|| type a 5 page sales letter on blank paper with nothing on
|| it but text.

Microsoft Publisher doesn't have *clean* letterhead per se. This is found in
Microsoft Word. However, you can start clean by opening Microsoft Publisher
to a blank page. Once you are at a blank page, use the text box tool which
is on the left side toolbar and draw a text box over the entire page and
begin typing your letter. Once you reach the end of the text box at the
bottom of the page, Microsoft Publisher will prompt you and ask if you would
like to continue the letter/story onto the next page. If you say yes,
Publisher will add a new page and new text box and carry your text over,
somewhat similar to Word.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)

Text is not visible on the report
Hi Unless I make the TextBox about half the width of the report it trims the end of each row Why? Samuel On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:54:58 +0100, Samuel wrote: > Hi > > Unless I make the TextBox about half the width of the report it trims the > end of each row > > Why? > > Samuel Did you set the control's CanGrow property to Yes? And also the report section the control is in CanGrow to Yes? -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:ORHF49OsHHA.5008@...

Blank pages
I used publisher to create an 8.5X11 workbook for my students. I used the catalog preset and have 24 pages in my workbook. Everything looks great expect when I print (and print preview) there is a blank page between every page with text etc.. on it. How can I fix this and what do I have to do to avoid this in the future? Thanks, In your printer Properties, set it for two sided printing. -- Don Vancouver, USA "CAJH50" <CAJH50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:377F7712-0548-4682-BFC7-8136B320B191@microsoft.com... > I used publisher to create an 8.5X11 ...

Video Card Performance Characteristics Effecting Text Glyph Rendering?
I want to understand the specification details of video cards so that I can choose one that provides the fastest glyph rendering. My current guess is that memory throughput (bandwidth) is one of the most important aspects of video card performance. What am I missing? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:VfWdnRcxkaEBwMnWnZ2dnUVZ_rWdnZ2d@giganews.com... >I want to understand the specification details of video >cards so that I can choose one that provides the fastest >glyph rendering. > My current guess is that memory th...

Sales Comment Prints on all Sales Orders when printing range of Or
I am trying to print a range of Sales orders using Transactions-> Sales -> Print Sales Documents. I pick Orders, Documents, reprint previously printed, and enter a range of sales orders in. One of the Sales orders has a comment in the Comment field for that order not the line item comment but the Sales comment located in the footer of the SOP Screen below "on Account" field(Table = Sales User Defined Work History , Field = Comment ID). Here are the settings I have setup in Report writer: On printing options checked is Last Page Footer, Use RF for Last PF and Prepritned...

When printing a Snapshot I get extra pages
When I print the snapshot report i get extra pages, I have gone back and trouble shooted the page breaks and I still get the extra pages. The page numbers are not on the extra pages so I don't understand how I am getting them/ ...

ReportViewer
Using ReportViewer control v9 in .aspx page - When displaying date type parameter field in my report nothing happens when calendar icon is clicked (no calendar page, no error) in ie 8. FoxFire works. Same report works fine when viewed directly on the report server in ie8. Resolved myself. Sloppy coding on the Master page. <form> tag out of place in table structure. "Pete Hay" wrote: > Using ReportViewer control v9 in .aspx page - When displaying date type > parameter field in my report nothing happens when calendar icon is clicked > (no calen...

Display page number in a cell
Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of header/footer? This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential number in a cell above each page break. Have a look at this thread. http://snipurl.com/9ffk Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of >header/footer? ...

Page numbering worksheets
Is it possible to number the pages in a workbook if l have multiple worksheets? I would like to number each worksheet within the workbook but l need the numbers to flow on from the previous sheets so l don't have to manually change the number on each worksheet. thankyou "H" <Hayley.Slater@emap.com> wrote in message news:06f501c3505e$df329d50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to number the pages in a workbook if l have > multiple worksheets? I would like to number each > worksheet within the workbook but l need the numbers to > flow on from the previous...

Text Field
I have created a database using linked tables. There are no notes fields in those tables and I need one. I created a text field and entered a comment but that comment appears against every record but I want it to stay within the record it was recorded against. Anyone help ? Hi KC Where did you create the text field? Since the table is linked, you need to create the text field in your data source, where ever the tables actually reside. If you created the text field (box) on a form, it will not be bound to a particular record and thus it will show up for all of the records, similar to ...

#error in text box
I have this code in a text box = dsum("[Amount]", "[July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query]", "[Customer No] = " & [cboCustomerNumber] & " AND Format([Posting Date Period], ""yyyymm"") = '" & Format([cboPostingDate], "yyyymm") & "'") i keep getting #error in my text box i'm struggling to find they answer to why the query July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query has fields of customer Number posting periood date Amount Now i have two combo ...

Keep conditional format when "show pages" from Pivot table
When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to make conditional format again to every page. How to keep the conditional formatting when I use "show pages" from pivot table? Maybe you could just apply Data|filter|autofilter to your original data range and filter to show what you need to see. Angus wrote: > > When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I > find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to m...

Front Page to Spine Copy
I am trying to make Publisher print the same text I am typing on the Front of a Binder to the spine of the binder. Is this possible? Thanks. Yes - copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "WildeWest" <WildeWest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A1C0BDA-21D7-45F4-B47B-E8BD707FC6ED@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make Publisher print the same text I am typing on the Front >of > a Binder to the spine of the binder. Is this possible? > > Tha...

Help needed for a simple spreadsheet
I use MS office 2000, using excell to calculate costings, i would lik to simplyfy the way i use the spreadsheet to calculate costs but canno find out how to set up a basic database which will automatically link t the spreadsheet, any help would be gratefully appreciated. Using a simple 5 column spreadsheet i would like to set it up a follows. Column A - enter simple item code (upto 10 digits) which wil auto-complete after 3 digits and allow scrolling through similar code until the correct item is found, column C would then automatically b entered with the full item description and column D...

Calculating Days From Dates and printing letters.
I wonder if anyone can help me? Calculating Day of Week I am trying to use Outlook as my contact management software in the entertainment business. I have several hundred potential venues that run on different days in the week. When I create a new contact I would like to be able to; Input a date the venue has booked. This could be in the past or the future. From the date I have input have outlook calculate which day of the week the venue runs and store this information. Later I want to be ale to pull up for example; all venues that run on a Wednesday in a specific county Printing letters...

Exchange 5.5 (VPN/External Access)
Hi All, We currently use exchange 5.5 (win2k server) for our postoffice and im currently looking into giving a small amount of users access to their email from home. How secure or what are the best practices in this situation....? OWA pop3 tunneling VPN Custom Recipient (just forward email to their home account) Lets just leave this one out for the moment as i know all about this.... Each of these scare the hell out of me as the client machines will largly be out of my control. I think the VPN option scares me the most as this will give most access, whereas with the other two i'm...

A simple question!!
HI all, Given a time period A formatted as hh:mm, how do you divide a 24 hr period (formatted as hh:mm) by A? Would appreciate answers. I am getting dubious answers! Don- Multiply with 24 first, one day is 1 in Excel and one hour is 1/24 so if you have an hourly rate in B2 and the time worked in A2 use =B2*A2*24 and format as currency -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070D5314-028B-46B0-B037-ACA269E662DB@microsoft.com... > HI all, > > Given a time period A formatted as hh:mm, how do you divide a 24 hr per...

Reduce publication size and duplicate on page
I have created a color flyer in Publisher with photo, graphics and text that is on letter size paper. I would like to reduce the size to 25% and put 4 duplicate designs on one page so I can cut it in four equal quarters. Is there a way to do this? -- chicagoro chicagoro wrote: > I have created a color flyer in Publisher with photo, graphics and > text that is on letter size paper. I would like to reduce the size > to 25% and put 4 duplicate designs on one page so I can cut it in > four equal quarters. Is there a way to do this? ============================= Here's one ...

XML page cannot be displayed
Great Plains 9 My users are getting the error: XML page cannot be displayed. "Access denied. Error processing resource 'file///c:'program files/microsoft/dynamics/GP/background/homepage.xls" They have read, write and modify rights to this file. Any ideas? Stacey Hammons ...

High number of page faults per second, but has enough memory?
Hi, I'm having a problem with an application, it easily has enough physical RAM but it's generating a very large number of page faults (2000 per second). Does anyone know why this might be? ...

Migrate out of Groupwise 5
I need to migrate only a handful of email accounts out of groupwise in to an exchange 2003 server? any ideas on how to pull this off? Yup, I'll mail you one we used. If you don't receive it, let me know. -- Cheers DV adv@arivia.co.za (Do not use the @eskom.co.za) "Philip" <pwalley@consultrix.net> wrote in message news:8eb401c432dc$a5c23a60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I need to migrate only a handful of email accounts out of > groupwise in to an exchange 2003 server? any ideas on how > to pull this off? ...

eMail Attachments over 5 MB
Hello, is there in MS CRM 3.0 a limit for eMail attachments? I had problems with attachments over 5 MB. Can I change it? greetings, Stefan Stefan, 5MB is the limitation. Regards, Kamala Hello, thanks for the early response. can I change this somehow??? greetings, Stefan "kamalabr@gmail.com" wrote: > Stefan, > > 5MB is the limitation. > > Regards, > Kamala > > There's a 5 MB attachment limitation which can be changed from the registry. On the Server HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\maxuploadfilesize On the Client HKEY_CURRENT...

(v)lookup part of text in cell
Hi. Can anybody solve this problem in excel? I want to lookup a part of a word in cells fa searching for john and get a "responce" like this: Johndoe | yes john,doe | yes doejoHn | yes samual | Johnace | yes pete | I was thinking it could be possible with using wildcards in the vlookup function, but I don' t know how. It would be nice if capitals are ignored. Tia Ted Hi, yes, you can use wildcards with vlookup: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP("*john*",A1,1,0),"","yes") or you can do this: =CHOOSE(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("john",A1...

page navigation buttons
I have accidently disabled my page navigations buttons. How do I turn them back on so I can go from page to page in my document? Thanks, View - status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nunny" <nunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92FFFE7A-0595-4A3E-8A3D-079553DD615E@microsoft.com... >I have accidently disabled my page navigations buttons. How do I turn them > back on so I can go from page to page in my document? > > Thanks, ...

Text style and format
Hello, I'm presently using Pub2002 and would like to be able to create a text box with an up or down arc using any font I like. I tried using wordart but I don't like that option because you can't change the font. Any ideas? I don't know which version of 2002 you are using but I can change the font with mine. Select the style of Wordart you want and click OK. It will open a dialog box where you can edit the text, font, and font size. (I had to rewrite this because my first response was less than friendly. It upsets me when people don't at least *try* something befor...

Auto Accept Agent #5
I've been testing this. There is one thing I don't like. If you invite a conference room as a resource and the resource does not accept, the invitations still go out to the recipients. Is there a way to configure the agent to stop this so if the resource is not available the invitations don't go out. No. If you send out a regular meeting request and one person rejects it, the entire meeting doesn't get cancelled automatically, does it? Why should auto accept behave any differently? Remember that all it is doing is automatically accepting/rejecting a meeting reques...