How to save color images in C-M-Y-K format???

I prepare newspaper advertisements for my small company using Publisher.
Although the graphics I use appear in color on my monitor, and the newspaper
tells me that they appear in color on their monitors, too, when they are
finally printed in the newspaper they only come out in grayscale or black and
white.  The paper tells me that this has to do with the way I save my
creative work, that I need to be saving it in C-M-Y-K color format and not
whatever the other color format is (which apparently is the default format
used by Publisher?).  I have no idea how to change the format default
settings so that I can save my work in C-M-Y-K color format.  Can you teach
me how to do so in order that my ads will appear in the newapaper in color as
I intend them to be?  Thank you.

Well, you would "print" cmyk. So, does your newspaper have Publisher? And if
so, what version? And what version are you using?

What file format are you giving them your Publisher file in?

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Scubasocks" <Scubasocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I prepare newspaper advertisements for my small company using Publisher.
> Although the graphics I use appear in color on my monitor, and the
> newspaper
> tells me that they appear in color on their monitors, too, when they are
> finally printed in the newspaper they only come out in grayscale or black
> and
> white.  The paper tells me that this has to do with the way I save my
> creative work, that I need to be saving it in C-M-Y-K color format and not
> whatever the other color format is (which apparently is the default format
> used by Publisher?).  I have no idea how to change the format default
> settings so that I can save my work in C-M-Y-K color format.  Can you
> teach
> me how to do so in order that my ads will appear in the newapaper in color
> as
> I intend them to be?  Thank you.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
7/8/2005 2:57:40 PM
Scubasocks <Scubasocks@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> The paper tells me
> that this has to do with the way I save my creative work, that I need
> to be saving it in C-M-Y-K color format and not whatever the other
> color format is (which apparently is the default format used by
> Publisher?).

This seems to be because the newspaper are unable to separate RGB graphics
(the standard computer display colour format is RGB, as this is what
monitors have to use, because they are dealing with light.  In print, the
colour space is CMYK).
This seems odd to me, as when you insert an RGB image into Publisher 2003
and print to a CMYK imagesetter using Publisher to move to the CMYK colour
space, the images come out in glorious full colour.

What version of Publisher are you using?  If you are using Publisher 2003,
you may be able to generate a CMYK EPS file that your newspapers are more
able to accept.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/8/2005 3:05:00 PM
sidebar;

If  you save your images from a third party image editor (lets say PS =
for now) and you were working in RGB color environment and saved your =
image in RGB instead of CMYK...does Publisher somehow convert to =
appropriate color space or is this not an issue?

I know for web work jpgs saved as cmyk IS a problem...just wondering if =
there is same kind of issue going from RGB to CMYK images in pub.??

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
| Well, you would "print" cmyk. So, does your newspaper have Publisher? =
And if=20
| so, what version? And what version are you using?
|=20
| What file format are you giving them your Publisher file in?
|=20
| --=20
| Brian Kvalheim
| Microsoft Publisher MVP
| http://www.publishermvps.com
|=20
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
| confers no rights.
| "Scubasocks" <Scubasocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
| >I prepare newspaper advertisements for my small company using =
Publisher.
| > Although the graphics I use appear in color on my monitor, and the=20
| > newspaper
| > tells me that they appear in color on their monitors, too, when they =
are
| > finally printed in the newspaper they only come out in grayscale or =
black=20
| > and
| > white.  The paper tells me that this has to do with the way I save =
my
| > creative work, that I need to be saving it in C-M-Y-K color format =
and not
| > whatever the other color format is (which apparently is the default =
format
| > used by Publisher?).  I have no idea how to change the format =
default
| > settings so that I can save my work in C-M-Y-K color format.  Can =
you=20
| > teach
| > me how to do so in order that my ads will appear in the newapaper in =
color=20
| > as
| > I intend them to be?  Thank you.=20
|=20

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/8/2005 3:10:13 PM
ED --

I am using Publuisher 2002 (10.6308.6735) SP3.  I convert my creative .PUB
files to .PDF files before forwarding them to the newspaper.  I don't have
any vector graphics software (like PostScript or PageMaker. etc.) on my
system that would allow me to create or see .EPS files, but I'll be you're
right that that is what the newspaper would prefer that I send to them.  Is
there a way for me to save .PUB files in .EPS format that I could then send
on to the newspaper?  Do you know of any free .EPS reader (like Adobe's free
..PDF reader) that I could place on my system so that I could at least see
..EPS files - either the ones I convert from .PUB files or that are sent to me
from others?  Thanks so much for your help!

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Scubasocks <Scubasocks@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > The paper tells me
> > that this has to do with the way I save my creative work, that I need
> > to be saving it in C-M-Y-K color format and not whatever the other
> > color format is (which apparently is the default format used by
> > Publisher?).
>
> This seems to be because the newspaper are unable to separate RGB graphics
> (the standard computer display colour format is RGB, as this is what
> monitors have to use, because they are dealing with light.  In print, the
> colour space is CMYK).
> This seems odd to me, as when you insert an RGB image into Publisher 2003
> and print to a CMYK imagesetter using Publisher to move to the CMYK colour
> space, the images come out in glorious full colour.
>
> What version of Publisher are you using?  If you are using Publisher 2003,
> you may be able to generate a CMYK EPS file that your newspapers are more
> able to accept.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Brian --

No, the newspapers in my area all use other applications.  My version of
Publiseher is 2002 (10.6308.6735) SP3.  I convert my .PUB files to .PDF files
and send the .PDF files to the newspaper.

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Well, you would "print" cmyk. So, does your newspaper have Publisher? And if
> so, what version? And what version are you using?
>
> What file format are you giving them your Publisher file in?
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "Scubasocks" <Scubasocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I prepare newspaper advertisements for my small company using Publisher.
> > Although the graphics I use appear in color on my monitor, and the
> > newspaper
> > tells me that they appear in color on their monitors, too, when they are
> > finally printed in the newspaper they only come out in grayscale or black
> > and
> > white.  The paper tells me that this has to do with the way I save my
> > creative work, that I need to be saving it in C-M-Y-K color format and not
> > whatever the other color format is (which apparently is the default format
> > used by Publisher?).  I have no idea how to change the format default
> > settings so that I can save my work in C-M-Y-K color format.  Can you
> > teach
> > me how to do so in order that my ads will appear in the newapaper in color
> > as
> > I intend them to be?  Thank you.

Scubasocks <Scubasocks@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> I am using Publuisher 2002 (10.6308.6735) SP3.  I convert my creative
> .PUB files to .PDF files before forwarding them to the newspaper.  I
> don't have any vector graphics software (like PostScript or
> PageMaker. etc.)

PostScript is a file format, not an application.
PageMaker is a DTP app, like Publisher.
Publisher can output PostScript and EPS files, but they will still be in RGB
format, so your newspaper will still have trouble with them.

> on my system that would allow me to create or see
> .EPS files, but I'll be you're right that that is what the newspaper
> would prefer that I send to them.  Is there a way for me to save .PUB
> files in .EPS format that I could then send on to the newspaper?

Yes, but I doubt it would be of much use to you, as your newspaper would
still be unable to separate the colours.

> Do
> you know of any free .EPS reader (like Adobe's free .PDF reader) that
> I could place on my system so that I could at least see .EPS files -
> either the ones I convert from .PUB files or that are sent to me from
> others?

GhostScript/GSView (GhostScript is the application, GSView is the
front-end), from http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/8/2005 3:45:35 PM
It sounds like either the newspaper is placing the ads on pages that are
not in color or they are converting the RGB to grayscale. If you are
using Acrobat to create the pdf files, you can get a plug-in like Quite
a Box of Tricks to convert RGB to CMYK.

Mike

Scubasocks wrote:
> ED --
>
> I am using Publuisher 2002 (10.6308.6735) SP3.  I convert my creative .PUB
> files to .PDF files before forwarding them to the newspaper.  I don't have
> any vector graphics software (like PostScript or PageMaker. etc.) on my
> system that would allow me to create or see .EPS files, but I'll be you're
> right that that is what the newspaper would prefer that I send to them.  Is
> there a way for me to save .PUB files in .EPS format that I could then send
> on to the newspaper?  Do you know of any free .EPS reader (like Adobe's free
> .PDF reader) that I could place on my system so that I could at least see
> .EPS files - either the ones I convert from .PUB files or that are sent to me
> from others?  Thanks so much for your help!
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>

>>Scubasocks <Scubasocks@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
>>heard to utter:
>>
>>>The paper tells me
>>>that this has to do with the way I save my creative work, that I need
>>>to be saving it in C-M-Y-K color format and not whatever the other
>>>color format is (which apparently is the default format used by
>>>Publisher?).
>>
>>This seems to be because the newspaper are unable to separate RGB graphics
>>(the standard computer display colour format is RGB, as this is what
>>monitors have to use, because they are dealing with light.  In print, the
>>colour space is CMYK).
>>This seems odd to me, as when you insert an RGB image into Publisher 2003
>>and print to a CMYK imagesetter using Publisher to move to the CMYK colour
>>space, the images come out in glorious full colour.
>>
>>What version of Publisher are you using?  If you are using Publisher 2003,
>>you may be able to generate a CMYK EPS file that your newspapers are more
>>able to accept.
>>
>>--
>>Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
wordwiz (948)

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C58469.E11A5900

Instead of going down the expensive path of QABOT, you can get the CMYK =
and PDF all in the one program PagePlus10
What is more the drawing tools in PagePlus are far more extensive than =
Publisher.

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message =
> It sounds like either the newspaper is placing the ads on pages that =
are=20
> not in color or they are converting the RGB to grayscale. If you are=20
> using Acrobat to create the pdf files, you can get a plug-in like =
Quite=20
> a Box of Tricks to convert RGB to CMYK.
>=20
> Mike
------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C58469.E11A5900

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Instead of going down the expensive path of =
QABOT, you can=20
get the CMYK and PDF all in the one program <A=20
href=3D"http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus10/">PagePlus10</A></FONT><=
/DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>What is more the drawing tools in PagePlus are =
far more=20
extensive than Publisher.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>"Mike Koewler" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:wordwiz@fuse.net"><FONT =
face=3DArial>wordwiz@fuse.net</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial>&gt; wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:6ae08$42cee628$453dec2b$3068@FUSE.NET"><FONT=20
face=3DArial>news:6ae08$42cee628$453dec2b$3068@FUSE.NET</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&gt; It sounds like =
either the=20
newspaper is placing the ads on pages that are <BR>&gt; not in color or =
they are=20
converting the RGB to grayscale. If you are <BR>&gt; using Acrobat to =
create the=20
pdf files, you can get a plug-in like Quite <BR>&gt; a Box of Tricks to =
convert=20
RGB to CMYK.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Mike</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C58469.E11A5900--

Using Logical OR on text in Conditional Formatting
I have a column with various text entries. I have created a conditional formatting rule for each type of entry but the formatting can be grouped together, so I would like a Conditional Formatting rule that says: If string contains "foo" or "bar" then colour red If string does not contain "yibble" or "wibble" then make bold etc. Any idea how I can do this rather thasn having to manage over 30 rules with each one looking for a single text entry type. Thanks Darius Try a formula of =OR(A2="foo",A2="bar") =AND(A2<>"y...

Color code quoted text
Is there no way to color code quoted text in the standard message reading view? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find anything about this. The newsreader in Opera does a terrific job of this, as do many other programs. Bob Graham Yes, but since you decided to keep secret the version of Outlook you are = using, all bets are off. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, rvgrahamsevatenein@sbcglobal...

Y-Bars for Columns in a series
I have a chart (Column graph) that displays 4 means, 2 means (y-values) in each of two series. I want to display a separate y-bar for each mean (with 1.96 times the standard error of the mean for each group in the series), but Excel seems to designate a y-bar for the entire series only. When I set the value for the y-bar. Is there any way to keep the chart displaying two series with two means each and have y-bars that pull values separately for each bar? I tried creating 4 separate series, but I lose the chance to label the two groups on the x-axis. Any ideas? Dan - You can put the va...

Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #7
"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... > > "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... >> >> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message >> news:eP#YfN65JHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>> GbH wrote: >>>> but neither is a resume!!!! >>> >>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people >>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word >>> rather than a different one - pa...

Ignore Y axis value
I have 4 facilities 901, 960, 972, and 990 that share 4 departments Pulling, Shipping, Receiving, and Stocking that are graded on 4 criteria UPH, Overtime%, IndirectLabor%, and Performance%. I want a 1 bar graph for each department that compares each faclities criteria in 4 sections. My problem is the UPH is in the thousands and the Indirect is less than 10. So, in my graph I can not see the smaller numbers in each sectioin. Is there a way to have a bar graph that only shows the values on each bar without regard to a Y axis? That's called a table. - Jon ------- Jon Pel...

I'm stuck...
Hi, can somebody please help me? I am trying to make a sheet whic calculates how many production our machine can make in 8-hour shifts. have the formulas to calculate how many minutes it takes us to mak ,for example, 80 tons of a product ,the change-over for the nex product (and so on), but I cannot get it to split it up per shift: -Mondaymorning 15 tons of product A -monday afternoon 3 tons of product A & 12 tons of product B. I hope somebody can help me.Using Visual basic is not a thing I am goo at but I am afraid that is the only way to get it to work -----------------------------...

Display Y axes on both sides of chart?
Is there a way to display the scale for the Y axes on the left and the right side of a chart? Thanks, Febra You can specify second Y axis when you have two data series. If you have only one, then make a copy in adjacent column (=B2 etc) and chart his as second data series. Come back if you need more details best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Febra" <Febra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6338EA2A-9634-4067-9AFB-A2A95392E65A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to display the scale for the Y axes on ...

Open XLS file without it's number format using VBA?
An XLS file has been saved with it's numbers formatted to a specified number of decimal places. Using VBA how do you read in that XLS file with the numbers unformatted and with the original number of decimal places? Workbooks.Open (filename:="myFileName.xls", ????) Not sure what you mean by "read in". The values are still in the cells. If you open the workbook, then transfer the cell values from the worksheet to VBA, you'll get the entire number, not the version that is rounded for viewing purposes. On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:55:55 GMT, Dennis@NoSpam.com wrote: >...

How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?
I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the document without typing in all the measurements? Save it as a template; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NowWow" <NowWow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D892886-B419-4784-...

Try this internet pack from M$ Corporation
--gddobbcyczkg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yaprdlxknw"; type="multipart/alternative" --yaprdlxknw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tzoyybjqnb" --tzoyybjqnb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2002, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This update includes ...

Background Color
In my Publisher 2000, I made the background a color for my brochure, however, when I print, the background color does not cover the entire page. Please offer advice. This is a limitation of your printer margins. Might try some colored paper instead. Look at your printer documentation to determine your printer margins or open WordPad, file, page setup, the default margins are usually there but if not input 0 into each margin; it will then default. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Mark" <info@whisperingcreek.net> wrote in me...

Conditional Formating and SetFocus Question
Thanks in advace. This place has answered a lot of questions before I needed to ask. Now, I need to ask. I have a Continous Form [DetailSubForm] based on table [DetailTbl] that has the following fields. *[DetailID], [DocID], [CompDate],[SubDate], [ConfirmDate], and [ExpireDate]. The [DocID] field is a dropdown list that draws the data from the [TrainDocTbl]. I would like to use GetFocus to go to one of the Date fields depending on the selection made in [DocID]. It would also be nice to be able to declare the backcolor and forecolor of the whole record depending on that choice...

I'm having problems inserting text files from notepad
When I try to insert a text file created in notepad, which contains characters such as £, $ or letters with symbols over them, into a text box in Publisher 2003 it comes up with a File Conversion window, and the options to choose the Text encoding option. This didnt happen in our older version of Publisher, on our old PCs. We have new PC running Windows XP and Office Professional 2003 and I want to be able to insert the files without this window appearing. I have checked the registry and CharacterSet value is set to ANSI. Any suggestions on what is happening and how I can correct...

0100 (24 hour) time
Hi, I wish to type in the cells 0100, 0200, 0300 etc but cannot see the format type that retains these numbers as four digits (allows me to go to 2400) . Which format is it - I have tried several and it drops the first zero(0) off. Cheers Mike You need to custom format the col as: hh:mm then enter the times with a colon, eg: 00:00 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "MikeR-Oz" wrote: > I wish to type in the cells 0100, 0200, 0300 etc but cannot see the format > type that retains these numbers as four digits (allows me to go to 2400) ....

Sort Column by Text Color or BackGrd Color
Does anyone have a method that allows you to sort by Text Color or by Background Color? Darn! It's so cold here in Massachussetts that my fingers hit the wrong key. Check out Chip Pearson's page. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm Good Luck, Mark Graesser mark_graesser@yahoo.com ----- Ken Dickens wrote: ----- Does anyone have a method that allows you to sort by Text Color or by Background Color? Ken, The principle is to create a UDF to calculate the Colorindex and add it to an adjacent column, and then sort by that column. Chip Pea...

Cannot change criteria on copied chart without changing original c
I have a chart that I created from a pivot table. Instead of creating 40 plus charts individually, I tried to copy the original chart and change the location for each chart. When I change the facility location for one chart it changes all others. How can I get around this? Steve You'll need to make independent pivot tables for each chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services 774-275-0064 208-485-0691 fax jon@peltiertech.com http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07FF39D...

Mark saved messages as sent
I have a rule that moves a copy of messages I send through my work account to a work sent folder. But the messages show up there as unread. I'd like to have the messages saved as read, but the only way I can figure to do it is to manually right-click the folder, then select mark all messages as read. Is there a better way? Thanks. Marti ...

Y axis labels in a bar chart
I'm trying to design a bar chart that will have the titles 'Low, Low/Medium, Medium, Medium/High, High' up the Y axis instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I've tried [=1] "Low"; [=2] "Low/Medium" etc but it will only allow 2 values. Please help I need this by tomorrow. TIA Nic - Try the Arbitrary Axis Scale example from my web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Nic wrote: > I'm trying to design a bar chart ...

Icon Colors
I just installed Office 2003 and I want to change the color of the icon that > I am pointing to in Excel. In addition the color of the cell locator A, 1 for example > is the same obnoxious orange color. Where do go to to change these colors > without changing the XP color scheme (XP style, silver)? -- Profkay Dr. Kay You do not change these colors without changing the Windows color scheme or theme. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 04:10:00 -0700, Dr. Kay <DrKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Office 2003 and I want to change the ...

Money 2004: Can't balance savings account
Hello, I'm trying to balance my saving account in Money 2004. This is the first time for this account. I fill in all the info such as statement date, ending balance, etc. Then when I hit "next" nothing happens. The dialog stays up and I can't continue. The only way to get out is to hit "cancel" which of course doesn't balance the account. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks, Boaz ...

Contact View and Automatic Formatting
I have installed Outlook XP (Office XP have SP1 and SP2); I try to personalize a View of Contact folder. I want to use Automatic formatting and set this condition: "Message Class" contains "IPM.Contact". It doesn't work! When i used Office 2000 it work.. strange.. any helps?? Andrea ...

Open/Save screen settings
Hi, When I try to SAVE or OPEN the file, the screen is always default in "LIST VIEW". How can I change the default in DETAIL VIEW? Thanks, Open 'My Computer' then set the view to Details. With it still open, choose Tools and Folder Options, click the [View] tab and then the button that says "Apply to All Folders". "Saz" wrote: > Hi, When I try to SAVE or OPEN the file, the screen is always default > in "LIST VIEW". How can I change the default in DETAIL VIEW? > Thanks, > > ...

Format this cell like that cell, automatically?
I keep my grades in an Excel workbook of four sheets, of which the two relevant ones are Attendance and Grades. During the semester, if a student drops the course I mark all cells for that student in both worksheets as Locked and I apply a gray pattern to them. Having to do this in two worksheets is kind of a nuisance. Is there any way to set, say cells Grades!A11:AP11 to pick up automatically any formatting and Lock/Unlock status as it changes in Attendance!A1? I know I could do this in a macro, but I'm wondering if there's any purely worksheet way to do it. -- Stan Brown, O...

#name? error after saving excel spreadsheet as web page
I have written an excel spreadsheet that takes advantage of a fair number of excel functions. When I save as a web page with interactivity, I am getting #name? errors from a number of the functions in the spreadsheet (including if statements and lookups). I am using Excel 2002 on Windows XP with IE 6.0. Any suggestions on how to fix this? ...

Conditional formatting based on matching record in separate query
I would like to conditionally format a patient's name (e.g., Bold) in a report, based on whether it finds that name in a separate query of New Admissions. How can I make my condition look for matching data in the query? The table name is Today'sList, and the query name is Admissions. The matching field name containing the patient's name is "Field1". Do I need to construct an expression using IIf (I'm assuming)? My question is, somehow I need my conditional expression to say "If Field1 matches any record's Field1 in this other query (Admissions),...