How to print 8 1/2 x 11 pages on a 17 x 11 to fold in half?

I am trying to get  our newsletter to print directly to our new Kyocera
printer/copier, but am having trouble getting publisher to sync with the
printer.  Our leasing company can't help us.  I have a multi-page document 8
1/2 x 11 that I want to print on 11x17 landscaped paper which will then get
folded.  I've played around with the page setup, the print setup, but nothing
works.  I've tried using a special fold but it wants to segment the page and
I get pieces of my document on multiple pages.  The same thing happens when I
try to set up a special paper size.  We want to be able to print photos in
this newsletter, but making a copy of each 8 1/2 x 11 page and then pasting
them together on the printer and copying them reduces the quality of the
photos considerably.  Has anyone else run into this problem?
0
boulder (1)

Setup your printer for tabloid (11 x 17) In page setup select booklet. Publisher
automatically will print in the correct order. Copy/paste your pages. Open the
Office clipboard from the Edit menu, it will make life easier.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"julie in boulder" <julie in boulder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to get  our newsletter to print directly to our new Kyocera
> printer/copier, but am having trouble getting publisher to sync with the
> printer.  Our leasing company can't help us.  I have a multi-page document 8
> 1/2 x 11 that I want to print on 11x17 landscaped paper which will then get
> folded.  I've played around with the page setup, the print setup, but nothing
> works.  I've tried using a special fold but it wants to segment the page and
> I get pieces of my document on multiple pages.  The same thing happens when I
> try to set up a special paper size.  We want to be able to print photos in
> this newsletter, but making a copy of each 8 1/2 x 11 page and then pasting
> them together on the printer and copying them reduces the quality of the
> photos considerably.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/12/2006 7:17:24 PM
Thanks for your response, Mary, and your suggestions worked to a point, but
when I printed to our Kyocera printer (pp. 1-16, duplexed, and as you
suggested in your post)  the page sizes had been reduced and it printed the
left side of the page (all of pp 16 and 2) and only part of the right (pp. 1
and 15) on one 11 x 17 sheet of paper.

Julie

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Setup your printer for tabloid (11 x 17) In page setup select booklet. Publisher
> automatically will print in the correct order. Copy/paste your pages. Open the
> Office clipboard from the Edit menu, it will make life easier.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "julie in boulder" <julie in boulder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to get  our newsletter to print directly to our new Kyocera
> > printer/copier, but am having trouble getting publisher to sync with the
> > printer.  Our leasing company can't help us.  I have a multi-page document 8
> > 1/2 x 11 that I want to print on 11x17 landscaped paper which will then get
> > folded.  I've played around with the page setup, the print setup, but nothing
> > works.  I've tried using a special fold but it wants to segment the page and
> > I get pieces of my document on multiple pages.  The same thing happens when I
> > try to set up a special paper size.  We want to be able to print photos in
> > this newsletter, but making a copy of each 8 1/2 x 11 page and then pasting
> > them together on the printer and copying them reduces the quality of the
> > photos considerably.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

You might want to look at the documentation of your printer, there may be
suggestions on booklet printing. Kyocera does have good support documents. This
is more a printer issue than a Publisher problem.
http://usa.kyoceramita.com/KMAGlobalpub/jsp/Kyocera/supportwiz.jsp

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for your response, Mary, and your suggestions worked to a point, but
> when I printed to our Kyocera printer (pp. 1-16, duplexed, and as you
> suggested in your post)  the page sizes had been reduced and it printed the
> left side of the page (all of pp 16 and 2) and only part of the right (pp. 1
> and 15) on one 11 x 17 sheet of paper.
>
> Julie
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Setup your printer for tabloid (11 x 17) In page setup select booklet.
>> Publisher
>> automatically will print in the correct order. Copy/paste your pages. Open
>> the
>> Office clipboard from the Edit menu, it will make life easier.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "julie in boulder" <julie in boulder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I am trying to get  our newsletter to print directly to our new Kyocera
>> > printer/copier, but am having trouble getting publisher to sync with the
>> > printer.  Our leasing company can't help us.  I have a multi-page document
>> > 8
>> > 1/2 x 11 that I want to print on 11x17 landscaped paper which will then get
>> > folded.  I've played around with the page setup, the print setup, but
>> > nothing
>> > works.  I've tried using a special fold but it wants to segment the page
>> > and
>> > I get pieces of my document on multiple pages.  The same thing happens when
>> > try to set up a special paper size.  We want to be able to print photos in
>> > this newsletter, but making a copy of each 8 1/2 x 11 page and then pasting
>> > them together on the printer and copying them reduces the quality of the
>> > photos considerably.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

cannot convert from 'class CPoint [2]' to 'const class CPoint [2]'
Hi i am getting the above compile error (C2440) and i can't work out why. This is what it involves class MyClass { protected: CPoint memberPoint[2]; } MyClass::MyFunction() { CPoint stackPoint[2]; stackPoint[0] = somePoint; stackPoint[1] = anotherPoint; memberPoint = stackPoint; } the above error occurs at the memberPoint = stackPoint line. I cant work out why i cannot assign 1 point array that is created on the stack and assigned values (stackPoint[2]) to another array that was created as a member array of the class. I didnt initialize the member point array, but i shouldnt have ...

Multiple Productlists
suggestion for CRM Why cant you have multiple product lists when you can have multiple business units. We have a client with many business units and each have seperate products and they are not allowed to see products from the other Business Units. (and the list would be very long) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based N...

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1
Hello, if you have problems with VB6 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1 1. open regedit 2. search for: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1 3. change to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll 4. save regedit finished :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------- Hallo, wenn ihr Probleme mit VB6 habt - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1 1. =F6ffnet regedit 2. sucht nach: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1 3. =E4ndern zu : C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\ 4. speichert regedit fertig :) "netbase4web" <netbase4web@web.de&...

macro loop #2
I am trying to write a macro that, after starting at a given reference point, loops to do the following action for several hundred lines in Excel: -Moves left a constant number of columns -Highlights and copies 10 horizontally adjacent cells -Jumps to another tab -Pastes the copied values into a given range of cells on the new tab -Moves to a given cell on the new tab then copies the value from that given cell -Moves back to the initial tab -Pastes the copied value into a given cell on the initial tab The loop should then tell the sheet to move down one row and repeat the procedure (mo...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgMzEwMjA=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Existe_una_opci=C3=B3n_para_definir_q?= =?Utf-8?Q?ue_columnas_utilizaran_las_B=C3=BAsqu?= =?Utf-8?Q?ed?=
El problema que tengo es que en una instalación de Great Plains 8.0 si me aparece y en otra instalación no me aparece. Consultas>>Financiero>>Acumulación de Cuentas. Cual será el Problema? Gracias ...

Word Form Checkboxes won't print
I have created a form in Word with checkboxes. But when I print it, instead of the boxes, I get {FORMCHECKBOX} in each location where a box should appear. What am I doing wrong? sanlass wrote: > I have created a form in Word with checkboxes. But when I print it, instead > of the boxes, I get {FORMCHECKBOX} in each location where a box should > appear. What am I doing wrong? Press Alt-F9 to toggle field display. But note that you probably won't be able to do this while viewing a protected form, so close the form, press Alt+F9, then open the form again. -- ...

Template Help #2
I created an Excel 2000 Template with a linked Database using the Template Wizard add-in. I need to remove the Database from this Template. I have deleted sheets, saved under a new name, copied and pasted the workbook and I still get the Databse link pop up everytime I close the workbook! How can I remove this link?? Dee The Data Tracker uses a hidden sheet named Template Information. If you copy all the visible sheets to a new workbook, the new workbook will not be linked to the database. Then you can save the new workbook over the old one. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Bl...

=?Utf-8?Q?I_can=C2=B4t_send_an_email_?=
when i try to send an email i recive a message saying " 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" to all the email adresses in my contact list Can soebody give me a help You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:7F5B3080-9FDC-4307-AE86-87C806DE839A@microsoft.com, Pau...

Is this Regular Expression for UTF-8 Correct??
Is this Regular Expression for UTF-8 Correct?? The solution is based on the GREEN portions of the first chart shown on this link: http://www.w3.org/2005/03/23-lex-U A semantically identical regular expression is also found on the above link underValidating lex Template 1 ['\u0000'-'\u007F'] 2 | (['\u00C2'-'\u00DF'] ['\u0080'-'\u00BF']) 3 | ( '\u00E0' ['\u00A0'-'\u00BF'] ['\u0080'-'\u00BF']) 4 | (['\u00E1'-'\u00EC'] ['\u0080'-'\u00BF'] [...

Data Migration from CRM 1.2 database to CDF database
Hello After talking to Microsoft It was best to reinstall CRM 1.2 and do a data migration. I have reinstalled CRM 1.2 and have used the datamigration Framework to create the CDF database. All the CDF now needs is the data to be imported. 1) Is there a tool or something that I can use to import the old 1.2 data into the CDF 2)When I try using the DTS it cannot convert between datatypes. Does the CDF have to have exactly the datatype that it was created with or can I change the datatype to suit the old 1.2 data? Thanks Just and update on the situation In the CDF database the pri...

Money 2006 Deluxe
After upgrading to Money 2006 Deluxe I can no longer see the 2 Month Bill Calendar that used to display under the list of bills when "Show Calendar" box is ticked. Also gone is the projected account balance total line that used to show when a bill was selected. Any comments or suggestions? -- Eric Bennett Second one is definitely gone. I had this thought that the first one was dependent on the width of the Money window... but I could be wrong on that, I don't have Money 2006. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/de...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

if a cell has a value greater than 0, then atomaticaly goto a seperate page for addit
Dear Help forum, I'm trying to set up a formula that will automatically move me t another sheet if a value greater than 0 is entered in certin cells. Thank you Fran -- Franks ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Frankso's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3011 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49797 A formula returns a value to the cell that holds it. It can't move you. But maybe you could use a =hyperlink() formula that would allow you to click the link and go to the ...

Event ID: 5891 is logged in the Exchange Server Application log by CRM 1.2

CRM v 1.2.3297
We just upgraded to this new version but can't located any release notes about changes/ bug fixes. (The only thing I see is a change in font and the ability to move the columns) Does anyone have/ know where I can obtain the release notes or a link to additional information about this release? thanks jaki ...

POS 2.0
I am opening another store and want to copy the products etc. to the new store's POS system. What is the best way of doing it? 1. Backup the existing DB and then restore it on the new store, then clear the transactions 2. Export the inventory in the existing system and import it into the new one 3. ... Please advice, Thank you, -D hi Dursun, Yes you describe the correct way like backup the existing db of the store and restore it to new store and then on the new store delete all the transaction there is button in Store Administrator program. Now there is matter of quantity which ...

what does the size 1/72 means
trying to find out if appies font or point You can specify a row height of 0 (zero) to 409. This value represents the height measurement in points (1 point equals approximately 1/72 inch or 0.035 cm). The default row height is 12.75 points (approximately 1/6 inch or 0.4 cm). If a row has a height of 0 (zero), the row is hidden. "Vin_microsoft" wrote: > trying to find out if appies font or point 1/72 of an inch is one point. Font sizes are measured in points. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Vin_microsoft" <Vin_microsof...

Excel 2007, Ribbon: 2 added Groups<?>
Hi, I saw the following: * Chart Tools > Layout > 2 added groups (not on mine, but on another PC): 1. Fills Group > Patterns & 2. PTS Tools Group > T Error Bars My Question: How did they get there and how do I added them to mine? (I was of the understanding that 2007 Ribbon could not be modified (maybe add an Add-In tab at best). THANKS! Gene:) Hi, They are addins. The Fills > Patterns is my addin. It restores a UI to pattern files in charts/shapes. http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm The Error Bars is Jon Peltier's http://pelti...

Can anyone get the front and rear pages of a booklet to display?
I can merrily paste a pic onto facing INTERNAL pages of a booklet. But I can't display "facing pages" for the covers (I can print preview)... I can't get a picture to go onto the front and rear covers, the picture gets cropped to the spine. I want one picture that wraps around the covers of the booklet (4" x 8 1/2") to fit into a #10 envelope. This is kind of tricky. The best way to achieve this would be doing the procedure on an inside facing page so you can readily see what you are doing. Insert the picture, copy/paste the picture, stack the two images b...

Outlook 2003 POP save on server x days
Hi, In Outlook 2003 - Accessing POP3 Mail - When you select save on server x number of days - When does the time count for days begin? Lets say I have old E-Mails in Outlook - and on the server - I choose to leave on server 30 days - Will all E-Mail older than 30 days be removed from the server - immediately? Or will the time count 30 days from when I chose to leave them on the server - so 30 days from when I chose to leave on server for x days - they will begin being removed from the server? Thank You it's 30 days from the date you downloaded them into outlook. I...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Memory for rendering a report page
Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? If so, is it possible to increase the default? Type a question (i.e., Access specifications) on help filed of access window. -- HTP Adnan If I have helped and/or answered your question, please let me know by replying or clicking question answered (below positioned ‘Yes’ button). "anthony" wrote: > Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? > If so, is it possible to increase the default? > anthony wrote: >Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a r...

How do I get Front Page 2003 to work with Windows7
I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website. Last month I updated my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007. Several days later I try to log on to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Load failed Cannont load MSO.DLL" Has anyone had a similar experience? Or any advice? Change the compatibility to Windows XP. (BTW, if you search this newsgroup, you'll see this issue has been addressed many times._ -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 -----...

Line of Credit Account #2
This is driving me nuts. What is the best way to set up a Line of Credit (LOC) account? It is actually a $500 LOC account for my checking account for when my checking account dips below $0. Both the checking account and LOC accounts import separately into Money from my bank. Should I set up the LOC as an account, a liability, or as "other". I tried them but keep getting confused because depending on whether the LOC automatically deposited money into my checking account or I transferred money from my checking account to pay off my LOC, it will say either "From" o...