How to paste animation in publisher for an email message

In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I
send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message
is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in
Publisher?
0
Flyboy (3)

This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the
animated images to normal images.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I
> send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the
> message
> is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in
> Publisher?

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
9/15/2005 8:26:49 PM
Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes
> the animated images to normal images.

Oh, and there's no such thing as an animated BMP.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
9/15/2005 9:39:24 PM
Does Pub do that when outputting to a web as well...flatten the animated
gifs?

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the
| animated images to normal images.
|
| --
| Brian Kvalheim
| Microsoft Publisher MVP
| http://www.publishermvps.com
|
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
| confers no rights.
| "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When
| > send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the
| > message
| > is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in
| > Publisher?

0
webmaster911 (1600)
9/18/2005 4:23:58 PM
No. Not unless it is overlapping other elements on the page.

DavidF

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> Does Pub do that when outputting to a web as well...flatten the animated
> gifs?
>

> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the
> | animated images to normal images.
> |
> | --
> | Brian Kvalheim
> | Microsoft Publisher MVP
> | http://www.publishermvps.com
> |
> | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> | confers no rights.
> | "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files.
When
> | > send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the
> | > message
> | > is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in
> | > Publisher?

0
Nope8657 (939)

I don't want any message selected...
I just started using Outlook 2003. One thing I can't figure out how to do is to set it up so it doesn't automatically open an email when going to my Inbox (or any other folder). With OExpress6, I can open my Inbox without the program selecting an email automatically. The preview pane at the bottom would remain blank until I select a message/email. I can't seem to make Outlook 2003 behave this way. It always selects an email. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Marvin Turn off the preview pane. Outlook is a different program with different audiences so items that wo...

Publisher template of a customer reply postcard
Where can I find a generic Publisher template for a customer reply postcard? I tried searching the templates on offfice.microsoft.com to no avail. There are postcard templates within Publisher. Surely you can adapt one of those. Only you know what folks are replying about. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Erik Quist" <Erik Quist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D68A9CA8-4FB5-447B-928F-CD72198BA33B@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a generic Publisher template for a customer reply...

OUTLOOK 97 Resetting time span for email arrival
I am trying to avoid going into TOOLS "check for new mail" and have OUTLOOK continuously display new emails. What can I do? I did not see anything under "Options" that gives me a choice for resetting. ...

emails disappear after forwarding
I have windows 2007 which I was happy with but just recently any email when forwarding completely disappears and is los from both the inbox and the deleted items. I have checked my settings but can't rectify ...

Deliver Messages Dialog
Does anyone know how to have the "Deliver Messages" dialog minimize when doing a send / receive ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to set publisher 2007 as default program...
I have publisher 2007 and 2003 installed on my computer (my company wants to keep the old version in case the new version doesnt work out). Everytime I open one of my Publisher (.pub) files, it opens in Publisher 2003. My question is, how do I set all my .pub files to open in Publisher 2007 not 2003. I have searched high and low and cannot find an answer. I have already attempted set the program default, but it does nothing. (I Right-clicked, properties, Change Default program... Publisher 2007 is not listed. I browsed for the .exe file for Publisher 2007 (which has the same name as th...

Help please
Hi everybody, what can be the reason why for some crm users in our domain, the incoming replies originating from crm contacts are populated as an activity but for some others they are not (eventhough replies come to their outlook inbox folder). Am I missing something in terms of user rights for that users? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks Have all the users had the CRMEMailEnable setting added to their profile in AD? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Isil" <Isil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A86BDB4-F184-45D0-9A38-3C1D1470B88B@microsoft.com....

POP3 test message cancelled
Hi, I am rebuilding Windows XP/Outlook 2003 after a Windows system crash (painful) and am encountering an unexpected behavior when I set up POP3 accounts. As far as I can tell, all ID/pw /server info is accurate. I am connected to the internet and have http service. When I run "test message" in the New Account screen, I get an error message that says "test cancelled" and both the send and receive items say "cancelled". I'm not sure what's going on. The closest guess I can make is that for some reason the POP3 port is closed off. Any idea how to fix th...

Animating Visio Objects in PowerPoint
I have many Visio diagrams I would like to port into Powerpoint to take advantage of animation. All I know is to copy/paste each individual object (box, line, etc.) from Vision into Powerpoint, so each is recognized as an individual object in Powerpoint. Then, I can animate each individual object. I would like to find a way to copy the entire diagram in Visio and paste into Powerpoint, then animate each individual object. Does anyone know if there is a way to do that????? In article <2A449374-7805-492F-BDA2-A60D446A1003@microsoft.com>, Lockheed Martin Business Analyst w...

downloaded emails disappear in Outlook 2003
Hi I've noticed that emails disappear in Outlook2003 (my pst file was 300 Mo). I have deleted a lot of emails and now my pst file is 200 Mo but I still have the emails disappear. Any idea on the origin of that problem? Thanks Faith Check to see if you have a view applied or if you are sorting by the icon. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Faith@yaho...

Forwarding email automatically
I have an employee leaving the company. Boss wants all her email forwarded to another employee. Can I set this up in ESM or do I need to login into her Outlook and setup a rule policy. Go to user properties in AD Users & Computers | Exchange General | Delivery Options and forward to the other user (under forwarding address -> forward to: field) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uxKr1SQAGHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I ha...

Get error message when press Test account setting
I just set up a new POP account on my Outlook and i get this message everytime i press the Test Account settings button. Send test email message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field. I still can send and receiev mail but this error is really bugging me. ...

help in publisher and can't see the page tab on the bottom
I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do I get the tool bar on the bottom back? Mercy0986 wrote: > I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher > file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do > I get the tool bar on the bottom back? ============================ For Publisher 2003 or earlier: Go to.....View / Status Bar For Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publish...

Can't send email on OutLook Express
I currently can't send any emails from my OutLook Express, I get an error. Any ideal?? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. Note: Posting the exact error message is the start of troubleshooting. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inser...

Copied text from Notepad disappears when pasted to Outlook XP
This seems to be a recurring but intermittent problem. ...

How to set rule to Flag message for follow up within 3 BUSINESS days?
I have an outlook rule set up to: Apply this rule after I sent the message with "(" or ")" in the subject flag message for Follow up within 3 days. But, I'd like to follow up in 3 BUSINESS days. (That is, ignoring Saturdays and Sundays). If I send it on Monday, follow up on Thursday But If I send it on Friday, follow up on Wednesday. outlook doesn't support business days, only days. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http:/...

Re-Retrieve Messages?
Is there any way I can re-retrieve messages (specifically, newsgroup messages)? I had temporarily moved my Microsoft User Data folder to the Trash (wanted it totally out of the way). I momentarily forgot about it and proceeded to open Entourage and retrieve some messages. I immediately realized my error, and replaced the very small new Identity with the original one. But those handful of newsgroup messages I had downloaded were obviously not there, and I would like to get them. In article C7CB9EF1.55901%ricoshey@removethisgmail.com.invalid, Rick O'Shey at ricoshey@removeth...

Paste into visible cells
I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. (I can copy FROM visible cells only, but cannot paste TO visible cells only). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? -- ERR229 Sometimes you can sort the range first--so that your intended paste range is nicely grouped. Then paste. ERR229 wrote: > > I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a > sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. > (I can c...

Exchange 2000 Sending out old Emails When ever Exchange Service is restarted
I have a single exchange server that is sending out old emails whenever the Exchange Service is restarted. It is alwasy the same emails and they go to post inside and outside recipients. As long as I don't restart the Exchange Service, everything is fine. This has been going on about a month, but I need to spend some time getting it resolved now. Any pointers? I haven't turned up much in searching for myself. Thanks Jason- If you look in the folders for your SMTP Service, particuarly drop, queue, and pickup, are there old messages in there? By default this folder is in C:\program fi...

Autocomplete email domain from previous record
Hi All, I have a form with an email address field in which the domain is often the same for each new record. For example, test@domain.com... the "@domain.com" portion is often the same. What I would like to do is somehow have some code that autocompletes just the domain portion from the previous record when the user types the "@" symbol. So, they can then type in "test2" and as soon as they hit the @ symbol it would complete the field with the domain portion from the previous record. Does anyone have a genius way to do this? :-) Thank you for your help!...

malibox size warning message multiple times
the "Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator" message is being sent to users once an hour instead of once a day. where is the setting to change this?? thanks Rich, Depending on the version of Exhange: 5.5 - Properties of the Private Information Store container. Limits tab. 2000/2003 - Properties of the Maibox Store that owns the mailbox in question. Limits tab. Hope that helps...MMS -- Malvin M. Seale, MCSE, MCSA Microsoft Product Support Services (Exchange) malvins@online.microsoft.com * Please do not send email directly to this alias....

Open Quark files in Publisher??
Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in Publisher? Hi MarkG (markg@jflv.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in || Publisher? Nope. You would have to: 1. Attempt to use a copy/paste or drag/drop 2. Export the Quark pages as images supported by Publisher and insert them as images. 3. Export the Quark publication as a Word/RTF/Text item (less the images) and import the text only into Publisher 4. Export the Quark publication as a PDF, the go to ScanSoft.com and get the PDF software for Word/Publisher that allows you to import PDF...

Outlook 2003
My girlfriend is having a problem with Outlook 2003, where after the program has been running for a half-hour or so, and opens a new letter, the message pane loses focus and ends up BELOW the main Outlook window, instead of in front of it. The result is that the only way she can read the letter is to minimize the main Outlook window -- which isn't really an ideal solution, and rather a pain the butt. If she shuts down Outlook, then restarts it, all is fine again ... until another half- hour or so later. It's very frustrating. Anybody have any theories here? I'm guessin...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

Warning Message #3
I just recently upgraded my Outlook XP to SP3. Now no matter what I do I get this warning window which tells me " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'NO'" If I choose no I can continue with what I was doing, If I choose yes, them I am prompted to tell Outlook for how long I want to allow access for. Once I select a time I am able to continue with what I was doing See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for informatio...