How to password protect a webpage in publisher

I have a website built and published with Publisher and want to password
protect a page on the site. How do I do this using Publisher.
Thanks in advance
--
Wayne Edgin

0
Wayne (81)

Step one: Verify with your ISP that it is allowed.

I can tell you how I do it with a Publisher 2000 site.
Post your Publisher version and site address.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a website built and published with Publisher and want to password
> protect a page on the site. How do I do this using Publisher.
> Thanks in advance
> --
> Wayne Edgin

0
Engineer5094 (821)
1/13/2008 4:10:02 PM
Don
It is www.ecv1797.com and I am using the 2003 publisher. I want to password
a future page on the site, one that only clampers may access, and need to
know how to do this.
Thanks
Wayne
--
Wayne Edgin

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Step one: Verify with your ISP that it is allowed.
>
> I can tell you how I do it with a Publisher 2000 site.
> Post your Publisher version and site address.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a website built and published with Publisher and want to password
> > protect a page on the site. How do I do this using Publisher.
> > Thanks in advance
> > --
> > Wayne Edgin

0
Wayne (81)
1/13/2008 4:30:02 PM
Does your server allow password protected pages?  Your server will be the
one who encrypts the password.  Contact the support folks on your server or
the support information on your server and verify passwords will work.

You will need to create a cgi-bin folder to store the User name and the
encrypted password.  Verify it is allowed on your server. It's the server
who creates the encryption. You will need to verify this first.
Also, because I use Publisher 2000 I am required to use a File Transfer
Program (ftp) to upload my files; I don't know if this is a requirement when
using later versions of Publisher.  I am fairly sure you can use this
method.

--

> Don
> It is www.ecv1797.com and I am using the 2003 publisher. I want to
> password
> a future page on the site, one that only clampers may access, and need to
> know how to do this.
> Thanks
> Wayne
> --
> Wayne Edgin
>

> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
>> Step one: Verify with your ISP that it is allowed.
>>
>> I can tell you how I do it with a Publisher 2000 site.
>> Post your Publisher version and site address.
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a website built and published with Publisher and want to password
>> > protect a page on the site. How do I do this using Publisher.
>> > Thanks in advance
>> > --
>> > Wayne Edgin

0
Engineer5094 (821)
1/13/2008 8:26:00 PM
P.S.  Some good reading regarding Password protecting a website.

20. & 21. at

http://www.iinet.com/support/faqlist.php?cat=web%20hosting&PHPSESSID=fb4dbf5aa94feab0eafaa3b7049942fa

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Don
> It is www.ecv1797.com and I am using the 2003 publisher. I want to
> password
> a future page on the site, one that only clampers may access, and need to
> know how to do this.
> Thanks
> Wayne
> --
> Wayne Edgin
>

> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
>> Step one: Verify with your ISP that it is allowed.
>>
>> I can tell you how I do it with a Publisher 2000 site.
>> Post your Publisher version and site address.
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a website built and published with Publisher and want to password
>> > protect a page on the site. How do I do this using Publisher.
>> > Thanks in advance
>> > --
>> > Wayne Edgin

0
Engineer5094 (821)

Publisher 2002 hangs
When trying to open some of my MSPUB files, the application just hangs. I have tried re-installing & my XP system is fully up-to-date. When I send in the error message and go to the recommendations, it says to update to a newer version of 2002 which I don't want to do - I like 2002 and I don't want to spend the money - or to check my system, which I did. I have changed my printer name as someone recommended - no change & I have tried to move some of the FONTS - also to no avail. I don't know where to get some help??? By the way some of my Publisher files open j...

unsupported graphic in document hanging up Publisher
I think I've figured out the problem only Publisher doesn't stay operative long enough for me to address it. I think i've added an unsupported graphic file, which I could easily delete if 1) I could see it when I open it 2) if the software would stay running. How can extricate this graphic file from a document without Publisher crashing. I've done the microsoft tools clip organizer and detect and repair and I keep getting a notice that I don't have the available patch kit. Help? -- weaverscout Are you getting this message? You receive the "This patch packa...

Can I use the grouping and lock and protect cells
I want to be able to make some cells so that they cannot be chaned and also use the grouping? Hi bfisher Read this from Dave Peterson If you protect the worksheet in code, you can do more things Add this to a general module: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember it after closing the workbook.) (you could use the workbook_open even under ThisWorkbook, too.) I...

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

Powerpoint password recovery
where do i go to get a password recovered on a PPT, 2003. -- Jeff You'll need to ask in a PPT newsgroup. This is for FrontPage. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "cuflyingdutchman1" <cuflyingdutchman1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9923985-517B-4EDE-B38A-8B985AE9E263@microsoft.com... : where do i go to get a password recovered on a PPT, 2003. : : -- : Jeff On 2/1/2010 8:04 AM, cuflyingdutchman1 wrote: > where do i go to get a password recovered on a PPT, 2003. > G...

Formatting Problem
I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of h7.25" x w4.75" with 0.5" margins all around. I've been provided with material on floppies to incorporate into the booklet. The material is in the wrong font type and size and needs considerable change in other formatting. This I've done by opening the document into a WORD document of the same dimensions as stated above and tailoring the content to this WORD document. There are some centering, indents, right or left alignment. When I then try to insert this into the booklet in Publisher, s...

Network Password #6
I am running outlook with Windows XP home edition on a wireless lan. I have it set up to login to my comcast account upon startup and have checked the box to remember my password. Nevertheless, whenever I start Outlook I get a Network Password dialog box that makes me enter my userid and password again. How can I avoid this? Thanks! Dan Dan, Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having similar problems on both my e-mail accounts and even putting the password in again does not help. It keeps popping up for password authentication and never completes send/receive. Help! >-----O...

publish to web- index file problem
Hi, When I publish my files to the web, I do not get my first page (index.html). Everything else is created perfect except for the first page. I gave names to all of my HTML files but the program doesnt want to give me my first page! Could you please help me with this? In the future when you use the Microsoft Community please take note that there are topic specific forums for a product, designed to enhance the level of support you'll find in the Community. For your posted topic our WebDesign forum - microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign - would be the applicable resource. You failed ...

Losing sheet protection in read only mode
Hi I have a workbook with 8 sheets which are all protected by a password (the same one) When i open the workbook normally, all sheets are protected, however if someone else has the workbook open and i open it in read only mode, the first sheet only is unprotected.(the rest are still protected) Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Paul. ...

Templates ignore Protection Setting?
Is it just me, or does setting up a workboon as a template and opening the file up through Excel as a template, cause Excel to ignore the Protection settings. I can't seem to get Excel to lock the cells I need locked when the the file I created is opened as a worksheet. I open it up as a regular and do a Save As, the Protction settings are implemented. When I open up thruogh the template mode, the resulting file is set to unprotected. Any suggestions? Tim K I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but cell protection is not a function of file protection. If you'...

How do I create/edit a publisher calendar template?
I did the MS jump thru the hoops help. Took an existing calendar template, edited the layout the way I wanted, then saved as a "template". I opened it up, changed the date range and bingo - all my changes were lost and it was back to the original layout. How/where do I get to changing the layout so that it applies to the whole document, even if there are date changes? The "master page" (which you think that may be a clue!) is blank as is my brain at this point. Kimburu <Kimburu@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How/where do I ...

Cannot change bank access password in Money 2006
My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2006, it will not accept the change, always reverting to the original password. I have previewed as many existing discussion threads and cannot find solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have Money 2005 and have the same problem. Did you ever get a fix for this? "JimB" wrote: > My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at > that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2...

Web font changes in some parts of a page in Publisher 2000
I posted the above subject on 01/23 and received the below reply with a link that would not work...still looking for an answer: A Microsoft Community member has responded to your question entitled "Publisher 2000 Web Page Publication" . Please read the response and indicate whether it answered your question or not. By rating a post as an answer, you help others find the answer more quickly, you give the person who posted the answer credit for their contribution, and you help increase the quality of answers in the discussion group. Read and rate the response If the response did...

OWA Password Issue
I have Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 and using Active Directory. If a user is created in AD with the "User must change password at next logon" checked, unfortunately, the user when logging into OWA is not forced to change the password. The "Change Password" icon is in the options page, but I want OWA to force the user to change his password as it is stated in the account properties of the user. Is this do-able Environment 2-ISA 200 2-Exchange 2003 (Enterprise) Front-end on Windows 2003 (Standard 4-Exchange 2003 Back-end (Enterprise) (Cluster) (Standard Thanks in advan...

Publisher 2007 printing problem
I have a publisher file 6x4 template. When I try to print on a 4x6 photo paper instead of 1 page landscape it prints 2 in portrait. No mater what I do seems to change this. First, File Print setup Size: 4x6 Portrait OK Then, File Page Setup Special Size Width: 6" Height: 4" Landscape OK Build your project Save File Print -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "tomincolorado" <tomincolorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CC2310B-E932-459A-94A2-45E96D530FC7@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher file 6x4 ...

mail merge to Publisher
Hello, Can you tell me how to merge a Microsoft Outlook list (a separate sub-list of 10 names culled from a master list of 200) into a Publisher document? This list has its own folder and its own name and is located in my My Shortcuts. The error messatge says it can't find the data base. Thank you. Hi james (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Can you tell me how to merge a Microsoft Outlook list (a separate || sub-list of 10 names culled from a master list of 200) into a || Publisher document? This list has its own folder and its own name ||...

why does my navigation bar display not show when published to web
I have published a web site using Publisher 2003. When I originaly published everything worked fine, but now for some reason the navbar does not show up on the web site. Is there something I might be doing wrong? The way I understand it, you have to ungroup everything and then publish. Ask on the dedicated Web Design newsgroup here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Andrew" <Andrew@discussi...

Logo in Publisher 2000
I can't seem to change the logo in one of my personal information profiles. I have modified it in my publication, but the logo stays the same in the profile. Any suggestions? Figured it out. Need to delete the logo, reinsert the old version, make the changes, then save. Publisher will then ask if you want to change the logo save in the personal info profile. >-----Original Message----- >I can't seem to change the logo in one of my personal >information profiles. I have modified it in my >publication, but the logo stays the same in the profile. >Any sug...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

Exchange Password Issue
I will explain this problem as best I can. I have a Windows based network, with a windows server 2003 domain controller and an exchange server 2003, which is also a back up domain controller. Every 30 days users are required to change their windows logon password, this is set up through group policy. When users change their Windows logon passwords it does not replicate to the exchange server, so when they try to open their email it prompts them for a password, then when they enter their new password it does not work and they end up getting locked out of their accounts. Then what I do is...

Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets
We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the protection will not prevent the user from openning grouped columns. This is possible only through a macro, for example: Sub a() With Sheet1 .EnableOutlining = True .Protect , True, True, True, True End With End Sub This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by running this macro each time the workbook is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Outlook does not remember POP3 password
I have a user that is running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2002. Outlook is cofiured to send and receive mail from the user's ISP POP3 account. However it always asks for the password and does not remember it. Tried using Knowledge Base Article 290684 however I receive the following error: "Unable to save permission changes on protectd storage system provider. access denied." I have also receieved errors 0X800ccc92 and 0X800CCC78. ...

Strikethrough in Publisher 2000
I need to use the strikethrough feature in my Publisher 2000 document. How do I do THAT? Thanks for any tips!! Use the line tool, only way... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gloria" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68e401c40143$69534d00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I need to use the strikethrough feature in my Publisher > 2000 document. How do I do THAT? > > Thanks for any tips!! Somebody just asked this last week. Draw a line and move it...

Publishing to a readable online format.
I have a bunch of Newsletters written in publisher and I would like to publish them online. The other dept (who doesnt have publisher) converts there files to pdf. Basically they will be on a big page with a clickable link. Any advice please ! Can you convert publisher to pdf ? Many Thanks. Mr 1977 wrote: > I have a bunch of Newsletters written in publisher and I would like to > publish them online. The other dept (who doesnt have publisher) > converts there files to pdf. Basically they will be on a big page > with a clickable link. > > Any advice please ! > Can yo...