How to organize my document folders in alphabetical order

My document folders were in alphabetical order which is the way I want them.
Without my help, My Microsoft Publisher system changed the locations of my
folders to a dated system.  I want to change it back to alphabetical order,
but don't know how.  Please help.

haywardcan wrote:
> My document folders were in alphabetical order which is the way I
> want them. Without my help, My Microsoft Publisher system changed the
> locations of my folders to a dated system.  I want to change it back
> to alphabetical order, but don't know how.  Please help.
================================
Windows XP? Try this...open your
My Documents folder and go to...

View / Arrange Icons By / Name

If they are backwards....Z to A...
just do it once again...

View / Arrange Icons By / Name

If that is the result you want...
now (in the same folder...go to...

Tools / Folder Options / View tab...

Left click...Apply To All Folders button /
Yes / OK...

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

Merging folders in WLM
In OE and Windows Mail all messages went into the Inbox, no matter how many email addresses I had. In WLM they all go into separate folders. I'd like to have things back the way they were. How can I do this? Thanks Sorry, that's the way Windows Live Mail works. You can simulate the older mail client behavior by collapsing all the accounts to one line each, then do all your viewing via Quick View folders, which can be customized quite a bit. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "RobJenk" <...

unwanted Lines and characters showing up in publisher documents
When I open a document made in Publisher 2000, unwanted characters and lines appear next to the text. When I go to print the document the characters do not show up in the print but they are not all erasable as they appear in the document Is this a new occurance? Have you tried updating your video drivers? Publisher can do some really strange things because of video driver issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:471001c4905f$da81d090$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a document made in Publisher ...

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

Graph appears in the background of all of my documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Whenever I open a document a graph appears in the background of the document. How do I get rid of it? Could it be a watermark image? If yes, you can search for "watermark" in Word's help and it will give you guidance for how to remove it. If it is that particular "a document", then do it once only for that "a document". If it is in every new document you create from scratch, then it would be a water mark inserted in the template used to create the new document. By default that would be the "...

having every deleted items folder empty on exit
Hi. I have outlook 2003 set up so that my deleted items folder in my default personal folders empties when I exit. At the same time, my wife has a personal folder set up that has a deleted items folder in it as well. However, this one does not empty automatically as the default deleted items folder does upon exit. Is there any way to change this so all deleted items folders empty when I exit? Thanks for any help. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

Sort Order in Address Book
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between "default File As order" and "default Full Name order" on the Tools | Options | Preferences | Contacts | Contact Options window in Outlook 2000 ? I suspect it is one of these settings that is messing up my Address Book since I re-installed.(don't recall how it was set before). Some of the names show up Last name first and others show up first last. Rather annoying when looking for one of many "Smiths" to have some as Smith, John B. and some as John A. Smith. Currently I have them set as (which is what I...

How to change appearance of the links, pointing to subdocuments in the master document
Hi, I want to change the appearance of the links, which are pointing to subdocuments in the master document (Word 2003). Specifically I want those links to look more descriptive with regards to their contents - specifically making those links to appear like those are entries in the Table Of Contents (like it would be looking if those subdocuments were just paragraphs in the single monolitic document). Please note that I DO NOT want to rename the filenames of those subdocuments - I just want to change the appearance of the links to those documents, in the way I already described above....

Electronic Document Delivery
Is there any way to adapt EDD to send statements? It seems off to have to maintain email addresses in two separate places in a relational dataabase. ...

Adding a string to a text document at the cursor.
I'm using VC++ 6. I've created a small text editor derived from CEditView to which I've added a drop-down list of phrases off the main menu bar to be inserted into the text at the cursor when a phrase is clicked. I can't figure out how to insert the selected phrase into the text I'm editing. I also would like to know if there is a way to keep the drop-down list open after clicking on the first phrase, closing it only with 'ESC' or moving to another heading on the main menu like 'File'. Any leads greatly appreciated. >I'm using VC++ 6. I've...

releasing shared folder from read only..
X-No-Archive: yes I've got a simple network, 3 computers + 2 wireless, all XP Pro. Have A folder called *work* set up on one computer which I can see, open and open files inside from any computer on the network. I cannot save back to the folder because it tells me it is 'read only' ..............which it is! I've disabled simple file sharing and set the folder to full control, (it's shared, obviously) and each time I unclick the read only radio button in the properties tab for the folder, click apply, exit and re-enter the folder, the read only radio butt...

Cannot access Public Folders via ESM
Hello, I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same problem if I try it from the exchange server, or remote. It just hangs, no error message. I or the users don’t have a problem connecting from outlook. I’m using exchange 2003 on wind server 2003 sp1 Thanks Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. "Marsel" <Marsel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBCE555-FCDD-4304-B2C4-F82E5DD1690E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same &g...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

Best Practice fro order entry?
I would like to hear what others are doing concerning entering orders into RMS from the internet. We do not have a direct link set up yet...in a few months. We are going online to Amazon.com and eBay and our web cart to collect our orders....we also receive emails--but that is unreliable. ---orders come in--- 1. Enter quote on any computer. 2. Run some report? What report shows open quotes? Pull product. 3. Fulfill orders.... Packing slip in the box? Is there a packing slip? or recall the quote by the quote number, then convert the quote to a closed invoice to go into the box? ...

Extracting Data in Cells in order -- (or) eliminating empty cell space in a column
Hi I have this problem that I bet is easy to solve, but i am lost. I am an expert at the slow way to do things, but maybe there is a better way. The only way I can describe the problem is by means of an example. Lets say I have a column of numbers: >_A_|_B_| etc >> 1_1_|___| 2_3_|___| 3_2_|___| 5_5_|___| 5_3_|___| 6_4_|___| 7_7_|___| 8_3_|___| 9_1_|___| and then i write a little function in the adjoing cell, B1: =if(a1=3,a2,"") From there I fill down column B to B9. OK, pretty simple so far, right? What I am looking for is instances where I find a '3' in co...

Two different formats for same document
I print scripts onto 8x5 index cards, landscape. I'd like to be able to print a copy of the script, two pages per sheet, onto 8.5x11 paper for editing purposes. The index card page breaks are important to know in the editing. Any ideas? I use MS Word 2008 for Mac. I can't give you explicit directions without more details but I believe you should find your solution in the Print dialog. There should be nothing you have to change in your document itself. In the Print dialog open the Copies & pages list, select Layout. Choose 2 in the 'Pages per Sheet' lis...

Lost folder #3
All my folders are gone. In outlook express i had a folder right after my drafts it's now gone. How can i find this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us...

2 Personal folders??
Hi. I've just pasted my saved PST file into a newly formatted and newly installed Outlook 2003. Copied it into Me>local settings>application data>Microsoft>Outlook The trouble is, on opening Outlook, I now have 2 Personal folders, they are identical. All my stuff is there but twice. Could you please tell me how I can get rid of one Thank you Hi JB, maybe you have a Ghost PST file: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Groupware without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronization for laptops: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware....

Problems replication Public Folders
Hi, I have two Exchange Servers with Public Folders, they are replicating. I want to disconnect one of them for ever. My question is, what happend with the folders? All information are in the two server duplicated? I'm not going to loose any information. Thanks for all, I'm begginer in Exchange Server Mauricio Campos You need to make sure that you follow Microsoft's removal instructions before you just take an Exchange server offline. You will cause hell for yourself if you dont. See these Microsoft Docs. 235396 XADM: How to Determine the First Exchange Server Computer ...

Startup other user's folder
I have created an e-mail address with my company that about 400 people will need to access to sift through and work items accordingly... I was wondering if there was an easy way (possibly using command line options) to load a specific users folder? outlook /??? "foldername" (inbox) Thankyou very much for your help! Matthew ...

Exchange 5.5 public folders not being seen in Exchange 2003 GAL
We have an issue where some of our Exchange 5.5 public folders cannot be seen in the Global Address List by the staff who are using Exchange 2003. We have tried adding permissions to the public folders for the staff who need to send to them, but that has made no difference. The folders also cannot be seen in the public folder hierarchy. Any advice appreciated. swingman100@hotmail.com (swingman) wrote: >We have an issue where some of our Exchange 5.5 public folders cannot >be seen in the Global Address List by the staff who are using Exchange >2003. We have tried adding permissio...

Customising "Create order" window
When I want to create a Sales Order from my Quote, I have a "Create order" pop-up window, and there check-box "Close opportunity" is selected by default. Can I set up in someway the other check-box (don't know the exact name in English, must be something like "leave an opportunity opened") as selected by default for this web-form? ...

public folder deleted item recovery
I have public folders set up in Exchange 5.5 with a 3 day deleted item retention time for public folder contents. What actually causes a message to show up in the "recover deleted items" option? Obviously when a message is deleted from that folder, but are there any other reasons why a message would appear in the "recover deleted items" option? No. Only way to allow messages to show up is set Deleted Item Retention. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "cglady2000" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

How to navigate to a password protected network folder
Hello all, I have a folder stored on my work VPN. In Windows Explorer, after connecting to the VPN, I can navigate to the folder by typing its address in the address bar. Windows then asks me for some logon credentials and I can navigate the folder. Trying to use PowerShell to navigate to the same folder brings up an "Access Denied" message. I was wondering if there was any way to enter my user credentials so that PowerShell can navigate the location? Thanks --Amr I assume that you talk about network share. In this case you need to use NET USE command: net u...

Fulfillment orders
We are doing an integration with GP and need to test our code with the fulfillment order option not available in SOP. What is the easiest way to get rid of this order type? Thanks -Greg M Alright, so after some research and a little fiddling around, we figured it out. They add the fulfillment order option when the SOP_Entry form loads. So I just use the "delete item" command to remove this after that point. This seems to give us the desired results. "Greg M" wrote: > We are doing an integration with GP and need to test our code with the > fulfillment ord...