How to Microsoft Publisher 2000 install with XP

How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my new
laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions.
0
Bev (15)

From what has been stated here in the past, put CD #2 in the CD drive and
follow the instructions.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my
> new
> laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions.

workbook in xp?
Please can you help me, i want to create a work book exell xp. But it only opens with one sheet, can i add more? thanks Phil on the toolbar>insert>worksheet "Phil" <pas.6@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:03c001c36fd7$6b6d8fe0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Please can you help me, i want to create a work book > exell xp. But it only opens with one sheet, can i add > more? > > thanks > Phil You can add sheets easily by pressing ctrl and dragging the tab for the sheet at the bottom. That makes a copy. You can also right-click a tab and choose insert ...

How do I paginate in Publisher 2003?
I have an 11 to 12-page service menu to produce for a church. My finished product before Publisher is an .rtf file, two pages per sheet in landscape form. I've tried importing the file. It produces 22 pages, which print just as they would in Word--no pagination. I can do pencil/paper pagination, but will Publisher even do it? How? It is not clear what you mean by pagination. Are you trying to print a booklet? -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Do you have an 11 (or 12) page Pub document with linked text bo...

Publisher:mac
Hello, I had a general question. I will be switching over to a mac OS and wanted to know if Microsoft has plans to release MS Publisher as part of Offiice:mac. Thank You. Hello - Few, if anyone, in this ng has any idea, and those who may know are not at liberty to disclose MS's marketing strategy. FWIW, I wouldn't hold my breath. There are already a number of low-end page layout apps available for Mac & the potential return on investment probably doesn't justify recoding Publisher for another OS. Regards |:>) In article <1136896785.242983.19080@g43g2000cwa.googlegr...

Getting Windows Installer error message when starting Office appli
When I start an Office application I initially get a "Windows Installer" window to pop up stating "Preparing to install...". Approximately 30 seconds or so later a window pops up titled "Problem with Shortcut". The statement in this window is "This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer update package." I am running Vista and Office 2007. This has not been a problem in the past. It appears a recent...

whihc microsoft office can i use to determine loan amortization
I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization "Justin Reyes" <JustinReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D4935-F597-4BE9-A290-59C78A19AEBC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization You need Excel, not Access -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. ...

unable to do 1/4 page landscape postcard in publisher 2007
I am trying to do a 1/4 page LANDSCAPE layout in publisher where I can print 4 postcards per page in the landscape mode. I have done this for years with 2003, but now with the new 2007, I can do it in PORTRAIT mode, but not landscape. I do not like the looks of in portrait, but everything that I have tried, will not work. If I try to print in landscape, it will only do 2 per page, not the 4 needed. I have done custom pages, with multiple pages per sheet, but I cannot get it do in landscape. Help please! Use one of Avery's US postcard templates in page layout. They work every ...

restore exchange 2000 using ntbackup
Hi! My exchange 2000 server is remotely backed up every day using veritas 9.2. I am now testing disaster recovery and would like to use ntbackup locally on my disaster recovery exchange server. (I copied my .bkf file on my exchange server) I dismounted my databases and ran ntbackup locally on my exchange server. I cataloged the bkf file and selected the microsoft Information store that I want to restore. „Restore to „ I entered my exchange server name. The following error message is then displayed: „the specified computer is not a Microsoft Exchange server or ist Microsoft Excha...

How many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database for adding /editing records
Hey Friends Can someone please suggest how many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 for adding /editing records. I also want a comparison with MSDE for the same. Vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > Can someone please suggest how many recordset can be opened > simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 for adding /editing records. > I also want a comparison with MSDE for the same. Uhm... If I remember correctly that would be max. 20 connections. Successive CRecordset::Open(...) requests would fail. I don't know this parameter for MSDE. There's a limit in...

I need to publish my website from Publisher 2003
Please help I have no idea how to publish my website that I created in Publisher 2003. I am all done and it says something about a URL or FTP. This is my first website and its for my business. Anyone please help. Thanks My first question would be whether you have a URL. This is the address that the end user (such as me) would type in to access your site. Who is going to host your site? Talk to them. If you're going to host your own site, you may be a bit over your head for now. Since you seem to be REALLY new at this, which is NOT a crime, I'd suggest doing some homework befo...

Newsreader gone missing in outlook 2000
My news tab has suddenly gone missing in the View- Goto menu. Any ideas out there. Reinstalling Office does not solve the problem. Check your version. This does not sound like Outlook 2000. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave Ramsay" <davidsramsay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:wYKdnbB_hYBDySPcRVn-vw@rogers.com... > My news tab has suddenly gone missing in the View- Goto menu. Any ideas > out there. Reinstalling Office does not solve the problem. > ...

Office Install Fails
Given: Fresh install Windows XP Pro with SP3 Office 2007 Pro Symptom: Office 2007 Pro Install Error Message: "Setup cannot find Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab" When I go to the specific directory and click on it and retry I get the error message "Invalid location". If I retry from a parent directory (IE: \Proofing.en-us) I get the same "Invalid location" message. I can see the appropriate files on the CD. Trying something else I attempted to copy the parent directory (Proofing.en-us) and all contents to the C: drive. ...

Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy mailbox
Platform: Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP4 + Post SP4 updates If I have removed all my old Microsoft Mail mail servers, can I safely delete the Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy mailbox from Exchange without any harm? If not, please let me know why. thanks, -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- ...

Exchange Server 2000 on Standalone PC
Hi, I want to do some R&D with SQLMail, which needs Exchange Server. Can I install Exchange Server 2000 on a Standalone PC. My Standalone PC don't have a Network card. Thanks in advance, kamlesh Exchange 2000 requires an Active Directory domain. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Kamlesh" <kamlesh2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2644c0f6.0311212156.abbc746@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I want to do some R&D with SQLMail, which needs Exchange Server. Can > I install...

invoicing contract
We are getting the following error when invoicing contracts in CRM 3.0. Can anyone help point us in the right direction? We have just finished customising the contract form (added a couple of fields). We don't use all of the locked fields nor do we use contract lines. We hadn't used the contracts before the customisation so I don't know if the customisation is the problem or whether this occurred before. Our site was a 1.2 site which was upgraded to 3.0 the error below occurs after the contract has been created (draft status) and we then then use the "invoice" acti...

Updates took out Publisher
We have 7 computers at church and our Publisher software no longer opens our latest newsletters. We have 6 Prof. XP's and one Business Vista running Business Suite 2007. Any others having similar problem? -- Al This article explains why you are experiencing failure to open old files. Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954914/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PrAl" <PrAl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01EAB8BC-48E0-46E1-858B-09FCBE27D74F@microsoft.com... > We hav...

Trying to open a Publisher file from School
At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB > 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Microsoft Home Publishing and Microsoft Publisher are two completely separate, different, and unfortunately similarly-named applications. Their filetypes are incompatible. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have...

Upgrading from 98 to 2002 XP
I am planning on surprising our secretary with a brand new computer system as her current one is almost dead. I finally have all the software installed. On her current Publisher 98 she can zoom in and out just by using the mouse scroll wheel. On the new system I can not get this to function. Does this have something to do with her mouse or is there a menu someplace that I just missed? Thanks for the assistance, Tony Tony Wissink wrote: > I am planning on surprising our secretary with a brand > new computer system as her current one is almost dead. I > finally have all the softwar...

Error installing outlook sales
Hi i am trying to install sales for outlook and every machine i try it on gets the following message Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server Components. The web interface works fine is just the sales for outlook module we are having problems with. I have tried machines with and without xp sp2. We are running office 2003 professional. This is the second install i have done. The test one on our test network worked fine but this one just won't work. Please Help Hi Leon. This happens because the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook installation cannot see th...

convert pub 2000 doc into a pdf file
how can i convert a pub 2000 file into a pdf doc so that i may email it to people who don't have publisher? Thanks! While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from regi k <regi k@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > how can i convert a pub 2000 file into a pdf doc so that i may email > it to people who don't have publisher? You need to use a program like PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) or Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) to do this. PrimoPDF is free, Acrobat isn't (you can't create PDFs using the free Acrobat Reader) ...

Analyical services License for SQL 2000 Standard
We are on SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition. Do we need any additional license for installing SQL Analytical services for Analysis cubes or is it already included when SQL Server 2000 Standard is purchased. thank you. The SQL Server Analysis Services portion is "free" because it is part of the SQL Server 2000 product. The prebuilt GP cubes are not free and must be purchased from MBS. In GP 9, for the benefit of those who may not know, the Business Intelligence Foundation layer includes the cube for the financial modules. The distribution and multi-company cubes are extra c...

Outlook 2000 address Book
When in Outlook 2000 > I see all of my Contacts from Inbox tree > When I click Tools> Address Book they do NOT show up > When I click send new email, click to, they do NOT show up The only thing I think I changed prior to the problem was in Internet Explorer - chnaged back to defaults under the advanced tab Hi RC, I understand that you are using Outlook 2000, and although you can see your contacts in the Contacts folder, they do not appear in your address book. In order for each contact folder to be displayed as an address book, each folder must be set to "Show this...

Problem transfering database from Access 2000 to Access 2003
Hi all I am having problems with a database which has been running for number of years. It was set up in Access 2000 and windows 98se. I hav now transferred the database to a new machine, running Office 2003 an Win. XP. The Mail Merge automation now does not work and gives me Run time error�432� File Name or Class not found during automatio operation. When I use the debug it points to the following line in th code , Set objWord = GetObject("C:\Church Documents\") & strDocName On further investigation objWord =0 And & strDocName= mail.doc, whic is the name of the word do...

scrolling through a document in Publisher 2003
Why can't I scroll within my document with my mouse? I can scroll if the mouse is anywhere in the borders, toolbars, or scrollbars - or if i hold down the shift button, but I can't scroll within the document!! Publisher 2000, word 2003, and my friend's copy of publisher 2003 scrolls within the document - why can't I??? Any guidance would be appreciated :-) Your issue is with your hardware, not Publisher. Do you have this issue with all Publisher files? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Outlook 2000
I have been performing critical windows updates on our machines at work and have been getting reports that the "Customize Outlook Today" button is no longer working. One machine has had all Office updates installed, and most of the other have not. Does anyone have any idea of what happened or how to fix? Help is greatly appreciated. Eric On Fri, 7 May 2004 15:52:25 -0700, "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been performing critical windows updates on our >machines at work and have been getting reports that >the "Custo...

Inserting picture in publisher
when I insert a picture as a background it adds it as a tiled back ground, rather than 1 picture. Please can any one give me a tip on how to get rid of the tiles. Using windows xp. When you use the "Format Background" you will get tiling. Find a picture you like, place it on the Master Page; stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rizzo" <rizzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64C8D107-0F74-4416-AEFE-A7368C3A69FB@microsoft.com... > when I insert a picture as a background it adds it as a tiled back ground, > rather than 1...