How to make a poster in four parts in Word or Publisher

I am trying to print a poster using four letter size pieces of paper. Anyone
know how?
I have tried in Word and Publisher. I don't know whether this is a printer
issue or user error or program function. Thanks Brenda

AlexAngelGirl wrote:
> I am trying to print a poster using four letter size pieces of paper.
> Anyone know how?
> I have tried in Word and Publisher. I don't know whether this is a
> printer issue or user error or program function. Thanks Brenda
===============================
Did you try going to....File / Page Setup...
and enter the size you wish to create?

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

searching within Word 2007 no longer works
I'm running Windows XP and Office 2007. For years I've used control F to search within Word and Excel documents. The command still works for Excel, but no longer for Word. What can I do to restore this valuable command In Word, click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Customize category, click Customize; Word displays the Customize Keyboard dialog box. Click the "All Commands" category and select EditFind in the list of commands. Make sure "Save changes in" is set to "Normal.dotm," and then reassign Ctrl+F. Click Close, an...

Publisher 2000 closes after starting\help please
Just installed MS publisher 2000, as soon as I try to use it, the program closes, as though I had closed it myself. Help please don't know what the problem is. Running on Windows XP proffesional and MS office 2003 Greatful for any answers, Jean This could help, I had this problem when I installed 2000 after installing 2003, I had to use the cleanup utility. If the below article doesn't help, download the cleanup utility. OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224432&Product=pub2000 Description of the Windows ...

Publisher application quits during startup at splash screen
Hi, I'm working on a business presentation which contains a visio graphic. The graphic contains wording which i would edit from within publisher by double clicking it. From here i could change the font height from the publisher tool bar. When done with the edits, i clicked out of the visio window containing the graphic. The publisher toolbars dissapear and then the application closes out. Now i can not open publisher at all. i keep getting the error message dialog. publisher fails to start after a system restart and a office detect and repair. The visio application is an ev...

Use a Word template in Notes section of Outlook Appointment
I need to insert a Word 2007 template into the "Notes" section of an appointment in Outlook 2007. When I paste the template and try it, it works beautifully. However, when I save the appointment and re-open it the functionality of the template is lost; it is only text. I did save the Word Template in "Trusted Documents". I appreciate any help you can give me! ...

Underline part of a contatenated statement
Does anyone know if it is possible to underline only part of a contatenated statement? I would like to be able to have a contatenated statement for a report that would produce Author(underlined), Publisher, Edition, Chapter. I only need the author underlined but I end up with all or nothing. I am running Access 2007. Any help would be great. Thanks Mark Yes: you can do that in Access 2007 (but not previous versions.) This example underlines the surname: =[FirstName] & " <u>" & [Surname] & "</u>" Be sure to set the Text Format property...

How do I make a unique entry
I have data which consists of a row with an identifier and several columns which are options for the identifier that contain an X when it's selected. It looks like this number option1 option2 option3 1234 X X 2345 X X What I'm trying to get is a single column of 1234-option1 1234-option2 2345-option2 2345-option3 I've tried to use transpose and concatenate but it's a large spreadsheet so it's still very manual. Any ideas or macros that would help me automate this process would be VERY appre...

Scrolling problem in MS Excel / Word under Terminal Server.
When ever, we scroll down (or any directioin) the keyboard gets stuck, and the sheet keeps on scrolling down, Any idea how this can be modified. Thanks in advance. Limesh Parekh enjayworld@sify.com ...

How do I view everything that is part of a Publisher publication?
I am trying to work with a Publisher document that someone else created and I would like to be able to view all of the graphics, images, and fonts all at the same time, within the program to make sure that it still looks correct even when I edit things. Please let me know how I am supposed to go about doing this as I have spent over an hour trying to figure it out and can't seem to get it all to appear on the page as it will look when printed out. On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:19:02 +0100, Lizz wrote (in article <AD6D87F4-4428-452A-98D8-E4EADE3617CA@microsoft.com>): > I am trying...

Problem Publishing WebSite
On my machine this website looks great & works perfectly. But when published it becomes overlapped (?) in the frames contents page. What is wrong? I can not find the problem...need more assistance please? Thank You! Site is: www.ultimatecashbook.com -- Charles R. Lindsey ...

Word Automation Problem
Hi, I am trying to use Word as a report writer via automation from Access. I am trying to print an invoice that contains pre-defined bookmarks. The code compiles and executes with no problem but when I look at the finished document - there is no text printed at the bookmarks as I intended. The text is not printed anywhere in the document. I went into Word and verified that the bookmarks are there and that I am using the correct bookmark names. My code is below. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Joe --------------------------- Private Sub btnPrint_Click() Dim wrdApp A...

how to covert a jpeg to a word document?
I scanned articleand saved as a jpeg i want to put the text in a word document also use the pictures seperately any ideas how? Sounds like you need OCR (optical character recognition) software and rescan it creating a Word or other word processor document. -- Don Vancouver, USA "aisha stacey" <aisha stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D8C2CE-6691-48CA-AD4C-833F68B47333@microsoft.com... > I scanned articleand saved as a jpeg i want to put the text in a word > document also use the pictures seperately any ideas how? basically you can't....

Publisher 2003 Cannot Open Application
After several months of successful opening of a shortcut to a Microsoft Publisher 2003 file, I can no longer open the application. I respond to prompt to open in safe mode, then respond yes to repair, then the program Publisher crashes. This has happened before, and I contacted the paid support and paid $50 or so to fix the problem. The fix was to create another Windows user record for myself because apparently my original user record had become corrected for Publisher. I don't want to create another user record this time, because that wound up giving me more headaches. Can s...

threadpool: how can I make sure just an X amount of threads (CPU's) are used?
Hi, I've made a test project to see how the CPU usage will react based on the example given on: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.thread= ing.threadpool.queueuserworkitem(VS.71).aspx The code is below. What I want to achieve is to be able to make sure that for a number of task send to the threadpool (or any other solution), I will only use x number of CPU=92s. With the code below, it doesn=92t matter how I set ThreadPool.SetMaxThreads and ThreadPool.SetMinThreads, when I run the program, all my CPU=92s are consumed. I=92ve tested this on a computer with 2 and wit...

Print Preview and e-mailing Publisher attachments
I am a new user of Publisher and have two questions : (1) I compile a 40-page village magazine using Publisher 2003. When I select PRINT PREVIEW I often see images displayed which belong to different pages. Why is this happening and what can I do to prevent it? (The document itself prints OK) (2) In words of one syllable, please!, how can the magazine editor and I exchange this (upto 4.5MB) document by e-mail? Our ISPs won't allow us to send e-mails this large. The answer to # 2 - Convert it to a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "QUILL" <...

Help!...How do I create login's in Publisher?
I am building my webpage in publisher 2003 and I have created some pages that I want to be viewable only to consumers purchasing my services or information. How do I create login's and passwords to give to people already activated because they are paying in stores. Meaning I need the user id and password to come with my package, so when people get home they can easily access the information. Also, how can I make it so that once consumers purchase my service online, afterwards will receive a user id and password to access specific pages? Can I create user names and passwords or do th...

Publisher 2002: How to remove empty pages left by deletion of text
My wife deleted about six pages of text from a long document (300+ pages). However, the deletion left 6 empty pages (that is, the gap didn't close up). She has tried various kinds of dlete and cut editing commands, but nothing so far has worked. EmoryW wrote: > My wife deleted about six pages of text from a long > document (300+ pages). However, the deletion left 6 empty > pages (that is, the gap didn't close up). She has tried > various kinds of dlete and cut editing commands, but > nothing so far has worked. ============================= I guess you tried...Edit / ...

Print list of all styles and definitions in Word 2008 ?
Is it possible to print all the styles and definitions used in a document? I noted that this was possible in Word for Windows but have not found that option in Word 2008 for Mac. Thanks for any info. -- Norm Yes. It's on the File>Print dialog (Same place as on the PC). Cheers On 14/01/10 4:04 AM, in article JOedneNgJqqkYNDWnZ2dnUVZ_gGdnZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm" <NOSPAM@gmail.invalid> wrote: > Is it possible to print all the styles and definitions used in a > document? > > I noted that this was possible in Word for Windows bu...

search and extract word based on presence of underscore
Hello, I am trying to extract text out of several cells to the right and lef of an underscore_character. For example: I want to extract this_text from this sentence or phase. The result would look like this: this_text So, the formula would look for the underscore_ and then look for blan spaces to the left and right of the underscore and delete all tex surrounding the blank spaces, including the spaces. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =MID(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1, FIND("_",A1))-1),FIND("$",S...

Can't code a css class that makes a span element the same size as a button element
I want a page where there are buttons all the same size. No problem there. But I also have a type="text" with some text in front. I'd like that combination to be the same size as the buttons. So I put them into to a scan element and applied the same css class to the scan as the buttons have. That didn't work so I modified the code a little as shown below and that does not work either. So I put together the test sample shown below and that does not produce a symetriacl layout. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks <%@ Page Title=&q...

Publishing CRM 3.0 via gPO on Vista with UAC enabled
Dear all, I am experiencing problems when publishing the CRM 3.0 client to a non-admin user on a Vista machine with UAC enabled. It seems to be when publishing the application via gPO to the add\remove program list the first steps of the installation are no problem. But after the environment diagnostics wizard the installations stops with the following errors: No Outlook Profile present Not a domain user Not a CRM user After investigation we discovered that the installation starts under the local system account. This is strange behavior because the logged on non-admin user is executin...

Converting Word macro for the Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi everyone, <br><br>I'm looking for a way to combine multiple Word documents into a single document without copying and pasting or using the &quot;Insert File&quot; command. I work as an editorial assistant at a publisher, and this kind of macro would make creating files for the Library of Congress CIP program much faster! <br><br>I found a macro online (here: <a href="http://www.gaebler.com/How-to-Combine-Multiple-Word-Documents-Into-One-Document.htm)">http://www....

Publisher News letters for e-mail distribution
I believe many of us Publisher users who create newsletters convert them to a pdf file for distribution. Recently, I changed out my Acrobat Reader 6.03 to 7.01. In doing so, whenever I use an apostrophe s ('s) with "smart quotes" on the word/s are displayed in Acrobat Reader with a space between the last letter of the word and the apostrophe s. The apostrophe is into, above the area of the s. Anyone else experiencing this oddity? The error shows up also with quotes when "smart quotes" is on. I've tested this with Publisher 2000, Word 2003 and Lotus Word P...

word to wordperfect
Is there a way to convert word 97 docs from cd to wordperfect. Thanks Copy the docs to a hard or floppy disk. In Windows Explorer, select the doc, right click > Properties > Clear the Read Only check box Then proceed as normal "Dr. Walton" <n8power@bserv.com> wrote in message news:076e01c3faf3$7a00b710$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to convert word 97 docs from cd to > wordperfect. Thanks ...

can't launch word
Hi, I tried to open an attachment this morning and had a problem. When I try to open a Word file I get the following: Application Launch Failure. The application "Word" could not be launched because of a shared library error. "*microsoft word><carbonLib><CFMPriv_ATS><>" Anyone ever see this? I called Micrsoft and they had me run disk utility. When I ran verify disk, there were errors. When I ran disk repair it said there were no errors. Finally Microsoft said the problem was with the hard drive and to get in touch with Apple. Thanks Ken Hi Ken - It ...

2002 Publisher only boots up in safe mode
I installed quick time to view a video. Then when my browser did not want to shut down I removed quick time. Now my 2002 Publisher only wants to boot up in safe mode and reports an error every time I try to open it. What is the error? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "chewer56" <chewer56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E588D1-7E51-47D0-99AE-FD67EB190712@microsoft.com... >I installed quick time to view a video. Then when my browser did not want to > shut down I removed quick t...