How to increase the size of toolbar buttons

G'Day everyone, Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of toolbar
buttons in Publisher 2007.  I have gone to Tools  Options  to select large
icons but the option is not there.  Thanks in advance, olerocker
0
olerocker (7)

olerocker wrote:
> G'Day everyone, Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of toolbar
> buttons in Publisher 2007.  I have gone to Tools  Options  to select
> large icons but the option is not there.  Thanks in advance, olerocker
=============================
You were getting close...

Go to...Tools / Customize / Options tab / Large Icons.

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie1 (130)
7/13/2009 2:21:13 AM
G'Day John, whoo hoo, you saved my eyeballs a lot of strain.  I have just had
a new 22 inch flat screen and new computer replacement and the buttons were
so small it was unbelievable.  They are a bit out of focus but big is best.
Do you know how to change the background colour of the work page in publisher
2007, mine is an aweful pink.  Anyway, thanks heaps, your a gem and you were
spot on. Have a great day night, Olerocker ( Bev )

"John Inzer" wrote:

> olerocker wrote:
> > G'Day everyone, Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of toolbar
> > buttons in Publisher 2007.  I have gone to Tools  Options  to select
> > large icons but the option is not there.  Thanks in advance, olerocker
> =============================
> You were getting close...
>
> Go to...Tools / Customize / Options tab / Large Icons.
>
> --
>
>       J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
olerocker (7)
7/13/2009 6:08:02 AM
To eliminate the awful pink, you will need to go to the Control Panel,
Accessibility folder (Windows XP), turn off High Contrast. In Vista the folder
is called Ease of Access.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"olerocker" <olerocker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> G'Day John, whoo hoo, you saved my eyeballs a lot of strain.  I have just had
> a new 22 inch flat screen and new computer replacement and the buttons were
> so small it was unbelievable.  They are a bit out of focus but big is best.
> Do you know how to change the background colour of the work page in publisher
> 2007, mine is an aweful pink.  Anyway, thanks heaps, your a gem and you were
> spot on. Have a great day night, Olerocker ( Bev )
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> olerocker wrote:
>> > G'Day everyone, Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of toolbar
>> > buttons in Publisher 2007.  I have gone to Tools  Options  to select
>> > large icons but the option is not there.  Thanks in advance, olerocker
>> =============================
>> You were getting close...
>>
>> Go to...Tools / Customize / Options tab / Large Icons.
>>
>> --
>>
>>       J. Inzer MS-MVP
>> Digital Media Experience
>>
>>             Notice
>> This is not tech support
>>       I am a volunteer
>>
>>  Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk

0
mary.sauer (2018)
7/13/2009 10:23:52 AM
olerocker wrote:
> G'Day John, whoo hoo, you saved my eyeballs a lot of strain.  I have
> just had a new 22 inch flat screen and new computer replacement and
> the buttons were so small it was unbelievable.  They are a bit out of
> focus but big is best. Do you know how to change the background
> colour of the work page in publisher 2007, mine is an aweful pink.
> Anyway, thanks heaps, your a gem and you were spot on. Have a great
> day night, Olerocker ( Bev )
==========================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

See Mary's answer for the Pink issue.

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie1 (130)

Charts' titles and labels
For some reason the charts' labels and titles in a workbook keep reverting to a Font size 1 every time the data is refreshed. I manually change it to the correct font and it once again reverts to 1. Is there a default somewhere that I am not changing? Thanks for your help. ...

transfer a field using button
Hi I have a button which opens a form called Second Form; this form has a client ID and the main form also has a client ID. When I create a new form, it gives me a client ID however what I want is the client ID to be generated from the first form. HEre's the code generated: Private Sub Ctl1Y_Form_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Ctl1Y_Form_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Second Form" stLinkCriteria = "[Client ID]=" & "'" & Me![Client ID] & "'" DoCmd.Open...

Can't see current users expansion button
When I try to follow the directions below to see who is currently logged inot GPS v. 9, I don't get the expansion button the directions refer to. Any ideas? Go to >>Help>>Index>>for keyword to find, enter "user login activity window" You will get the following: File >> User and Company >> Current Users expansion button Use the User Login Activity window to view the users currently accessing Microsoft Dynamics GP, the company each is working in, and the date they started working with that company (based on the internal clock of the current ...

"Margins do not fit page size" Error
I have a couple of files giving me an error stating "margins do not fit page size". Other Excel files are working fine. Basically when I go to preview / page setup / and drag the blue dotted line - then the error occurs and I get blue dotted lines around all cells indicating 100's of print pages. Also if I go to print preview and adjust the scale - it seems to be adjusting the viewable scale - and not the printed scale. The viewable image ( preview window) displays the adjusted scale amount - but the printed page remains the same. ( example: if I choose 10% as the scale - th...

How do I change indent size in Publisher?
hommie_g27 wrote: In Publisher 2003: Format > Paragraph In Publisher 2002: Format > Indents and Lists -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

"save" button not requerying as coded
Using Access 2007 I have a form (frmNewFamily) that is opened when a NotInList event is triggered from a subform in a different form (frmAttendance/sfrAttendee). I have a "Save" button on the frmNewFamily that will save the record, close the frmNewFamily and requery the combo boxes on sfrAttendee. I have it working just great, but I want to delete one of the combo boxes. But as soon as I comment out the requery line, the Save button stops functioning properly. It will save the record to the table, but not close the form or requery the combo box. The same thing...

Predefibed command buttons in 2007??
PPT 2007 on WinXP Just wnet looking for my old friends from teh XP version, those predefined commands buttons for Next slide, previous slide, End and beginning of presentation. Can't find them. The only option I see for command buttons is to insert VBA code. Are these functions still available, but just hiding from me. can anyone point me in teh direction of these tools? If these predefined command buttons are truly no langer part opf PPT 07 can you offer the code to do "next slide", "previous Slide", "End of show", and "Beginning of show...

Trying to make a duplicate roster with a button.
Previously posted in wrong forum. 'HERE' (http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265167) Thanks for the help guy -- virte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- virtex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26517 ...

changing sheet size
We have a worksheet that is maxed out to 65536 rows & also lots & lots of columns. No need for that we could use 1000 rows & 20 columns. How can we do this? TIA -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mmap hq" <mmaphq@netzero.net> wrote in message news:uHwBsMl$JHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > We have a worksheet that is maxed out to 65536 rows & also lots & lots of > columns. No need for that we could use 1000 rows & 20 columns. How can we > do this? TIA > If you look...

Using OWA how can I find out the size of my mailbox?
Hi I use OWA at University. How can I easily verify the size of my mailbox ? Thanks Jay ...

incoming mail size limited ???
SBS 2003 ISA Exchange 2003 3 seperated servers. Problem : incoming mail size limited to 2MB I searched & configured everywhere to 10MB -Global Settings (tab Default) -User (tab delivery restrictions) -virtual smptp server ( tab messages) still not receiving mails bigger then 2MB please help me! (i now use an extern mailbox which i pull in with extra smptp connector for receiving large mails) Right click on the mailbox store itself in Exchange System Manage and go to the LIMITS tab, you willfind them set there in SBS by default. Hope this helps! "vegagucci" <vegaguc...

Outlook Email Message Size
I just had a staff member complain that her emails to not open up to be full screen, that she has to maximize them herself. Is there a way or setting that would make all emails she opens open to a full screen? ...

Word Document can only open half size
When I open a Word document, the window can only open half size. You can not maximum it or enlarge it by dragging the edge. You can not move the whole window either. Please let me know how to make the window full size again! Thanks!! Are you talking about the Window or the representation of the Document, For the latter, you use the Zoom function (In Word 2007, it is a slider at the right hand end of the Status Bar at the bottom of the screen. If it does not appear there, right click on the Status Bar and check the Zoom box. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsg...

Can I save my toolbar
In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with Excel. Thanks in anticipation Ken When you exit Excel the current menu and toolbar setup is always saved (to your XLB file). And it will be restored from the XLB file when you start Excel. If this doesn't help perhaps you can elaborate. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ken" <noone@nowhere> wrote in message news:420b1b44$0$4097$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... | In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my...

Excel 2000 Workbook close button hides instead of close
We received an excel file in email. When we click the Workbook close button (the X) it hides the work book instead of closing it. When we unhide it, something changes and the close button works as normal, but we are asked to save changes even if we don't make any. Looks like there is some code in the background doing something or other. I'd check the workbook code, particulary the Workbook_BeforeClose event. It is more likely some code or functions are changing the worksheet contents than a bug in Excel. -- Regards, Bill Lunney www.billlunney.com "Steven Robinson" &...

Text Box
I would like to have the same size text box on multiple pages that are linked. I have tried right clicking the text box, selecting Format Text Box and checking Apply Settings to New Text Boxes, but it doesn't appear to work. When I add text to the box and it runs out of space, Publisher asks if I want to insert a new text box and connect it, and I accept, the new text box is the wrong size, and sometimes comes in with a black border rather than the no line border I have designated. Is there another method to easily accomplish what I want? I have read several posts that recommend...

Button not bring up Macro I created
I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. The button I created can't find the Macro. Does anyone know a good place to find a how to for this? Thanks Right click the button, on the dropdown click 'Assign Macro' The list of macro's will appear, assign the appropriate one to the button, Regards, Alan. "A.S." <A.S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295A08DB-21DD-45D3-A610-525182AE40B8@microsoft.com... >I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. >The > button I created can...

Dynamic creation of owner-drawn button inside a dialog
Hi some months ago I created a owner-drawn button class that works really fine when assigning this class to a resource id via a DDX member variable. But now we want to reuse this class for dynamic creation of a button control inside the OnInitDialog member funtion of a dialog. Creating the control like that MyButton.CreateNULL,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW,CRec t(0,0,100,100),this,2); seems to be OK. But the button never appeared inside the dialog. DrawItem of the button class is never called. So what may be missing? Thanks in advance Bernd How have you declared My...

window size #2
Hello: No matter what feature in the Windows Vista Control Panel I try, the windows within GP cannot be increased in size. True, the menu and borders around the window can be increased in size. But, the window from below the menu to the bottom of the window cannot be changed. Is there a tool that will change the size of GP windows, or is this something that cna be changed in the dex.ini file? childofthe1980s Child, While you can resize most Dynamics GP windows, the result is certainly not pleasant. The only tool available to do such resize is Modifier, but you will have to resize ...

customizations grayed out on the IE toolbar context menu
hello, from some reason, i have many items in the context menu of the toolbar area of IE grayed out. for example: status bar, favorites bar,command bar, etc... even the items in the "customize" submenu are grayed here's a screenshot: http://yfrog.com/e520100111170645crp please tell me how to fix it. We can't do squat to help you until you state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit). What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription cur...

Query Button Problem
On my form, I need to put a button to run a query. When using the toolbox in the Design View, I use the Command Button Toolbar, then use MIscellaneous, then Run Query. I select the correct one, and save it to the form. When I try to use it, I get an error message, and it will not work. What is going wrong? Can't figure it out if you don't provide an error message. On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:52:00 -0800, Shari <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On my form, I need to put a button to run a query. When using the toolbox in >the Design View, I use the Command Button To...

lost newsgroup command button
I followed Outlook's help topic to add a "news" selection to the "go" menu. I started "news" from that icon/selection under the "go" menu and all worked fine. My second attempt to open "news" the selection was missing. I tried to reinstall the selection but now "news" is missing from the customize "go" selection. Thanks. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default new...

Maximum file size for CFile?
Hi, I was under the impression that the maximum file size for a CFile object was 2Gb. Is this information superceded? Only I created a test app using CFile and appear to be able to: 1) Create a file 5Gb or greater using CFile::SetLength() 2) Seek to position (say) 4000 * 1024 * 1024 (=4Gb) 3) Write some bytes to this position 4) Read them back and compare with what should have been written. The seek at (2) seems to take a long time though. I'm running WinXP Pro, SP1, Visual Studio .Net 2003. Any illumination gratefully received! Is the answer the same for Win2000 forward? Was the ...

large font size in recieve mails
Sometimes in my outlook 2003 recieved mails are shown in large fonts which is not the case with the same mails in other systems with the same version of outlook. Is there any configuration which i have missed???????????? "Saanj" <Saanj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAE0FD33-5C97-446C-AFEB-C2A5CB25BEFA@microsoft.com... > Sometimes in my outlook 2003 recieved mails are shown in large fonts which > is > not the case with the same mails in other systems with the same version of > outlook. > Is there any configuration which i have m...

Size of Drive for SMTP Bad Mail and Queue Directory
I am moving my Badmail and Queue directory to their own drive and I am trying to determine the size of the drive required. What is the formula to determine the size - I have less than 10,000 messages per day - and/or, if I configure a 10 GB drive, will that suffice? Thanks - Rory There shouldn't be anything in the badmail anyway. Only a few messages from 2003 SP1 and none thereafter. As for the queues, it depends on the size of your Internet connection to get the mails shifted and where the high utilization profile is. 10GB should be many, many times more than you need. Regards. ...