how to get you text to flash in publisher

can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in
publisher, and I know it can be done.
0
Evelyn (6)

Where are you going to buy the paper that will reproduce your flashing text
on your printed page? Are you sure you weren't using Powerpoint?

MoMo (Maureen)
"evelyn" <evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in
> publisher, and I know it can be done.

0
MoMo (59)
6/27/2008 7:14:16 AM
MoMo,

On a web site?
"Maureen" <MoMo@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Where are you going to buy the paper that will reproduce your flashing
> text on your printed page? Are you sure you weren't using Powerpoint?
>
> MoMo (Maureen)
> "evelyn" <evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in
>> publisher, and I know it can be done.

0
Anthemwebs (309)
6/27/2008 1:33:29 PM
You would use the <blink></blink> tags - which would brand your site as
amateurish at best and may not work in all browsers. Avoid <blink> and
<marquee> as well.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"evelyn" <evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in
> publisher, and I know it can be done.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
6/27/2008 2:19:01 PM
Sorry, I don't know a thing about Web Sites. Why don't you post your answer
to her question here. It is help that Evelyn is wanting and in my own tin
pot way I thought I was correct. No fool like an old fool!

MoMo (Maureen)

"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message
> MoMo,
>
> On a web site?
> "Maureen" <MoMo@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Where are you going to buy the paper that will reproduce your flashing
>> text on your printed page? Are you sure you weren't using Powerpoint?
>>
>> MoMo (Maureen)
>> "evelyn" <evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in
>>> publisher, and I know it can be done.

0
MoMo (59)

MS Publisher 2003 problems after installing Acrobat Pro 7.0
After installing Acrobat Pro 7.0, all shapes and pictures are transparent on screen, but print properly, when I try to create (or open anything created by Publisher elsewhere) in MS Publisher 2003. I didn't realize the correlation until I installed Acrobat Pro 7.0 on a second machine and the same symptom began occurring. The acrobat program is closed and I am working in Publisher 2003, not trying to do anything related to a PDF file, only .pub files. This just amazes me. I have Pub 2003 and Acrobat Pro v7 and I have no problems. And my system is 5� yrs old. Have you tried adjusting...

Publisher Pictures
I cannot see inserted jpg pictures in my publisher documents. The documents print the pictures ok, and I can see the placeholders. I tried inserting the same picture in MS Word and it show ok. I tried the tools-macro-security-trusted publishers-check box "trust all installed addins & templates." This did not help. Gerry ERABroker <ERABroker@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I cannot see inserted jpg pictures in my publisher documents. The > documents print the pictures ok, and I can see the placeholders. I > tried inserting th...

Panels in Publisher #4
In publisher 2002, I am unable to change the number of panels in Brochuers, In the paper size option in the brochuer wizard the option says it is unavaible and I need to choose a different design to be able to change this. However I have tried loads of different brochuers but the panel option is never availible. Thanks in anticipation Rich ...

How can I put text in a circle using Publisher ?
Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ? : How can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ? If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval shape ........ surely this can be done with Publisher. Thanks for any expertise. DixieWins wrote: > Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ? : How > can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ? > > If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with > words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval > shape ........ surely this can be ...

Keep getting this Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Any suggestions on how to fix this error? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: ' Server: 'smtp.gmail.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes "Poodlenation" <Poodlenation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5FED1D7-835F-4BFE-B7E7-D81D05696967@microsoft.com... > Any suggestions on how to fix this error? > > Your server has unexpectedly terminat...

Auto Text
I have backed up Word data onto laptop and my "normal" template in the "shared applications" under "templates" and cannot access my custom auto text entries. If I open "Normal," the auto text entries are there. If I then open a document already started, only the standard auto text entries are there and I cannot access my custom auto text entries. AutoText entries are style-dependent, so only show up if the cursor is in the style that matches the entry. AutoText entries are saved in templates. If your custom entries are not saved in the Normal t...

Why are the workspace colors in Publisher 2000 pink and blue
We thought the color problem was fixed when we had the computer cleaned up after a virus but its back again. The virus program shows there is no virus. Is it to do with memory? The colour charts show pink and blue as does the work space. The only way I know what I'm doing while creating graphics is to check the print preview which shows everything just fine. Logger's Wife <LoggersWife@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > We thought the color problem was fixed when we had the computer > cleaned up after a virus but its back again. The virus pr...

Deleting Text
I know that with "&" I can add two text cells together. How do I get rid of text? In the example "Roddick, Andy (USA) " in A2, I want to get rid of "(USA) ". I can separate with "=right(A1,7)", the last seven characters, but how to "subtract" them from within A2" Felix In an un-used cell, enter: =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-7) then copy this cell and paste/special/value back onto A2 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200827 "Felix" wrote: > I know that with "&" I can add two text cells together. > > How...

Expanding Text
Is there any way to have the text overprint more than one line? For example, Excel typed in cell c5 with an 18pt type will cut off the top half of all letters unless the row height is increased. Is it possible to have the text expand into C4 as opposed to increasing the height of the row? Paul Dulong It can extend into d5 if nothing else is there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paul Dulong" <pdulong@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:imVLd.2555$Sx6.2...

Text Clipping Problem
I have an application that draws text, lines, circles, rectangles and bitmaps to the screen. I always scale the finished product to one page. The problem is that I have one user (Windows 2000, sevice pack 4) is that when they go to print the text is appears to be clipped to the window rect. This also appears when they do a copy and paste to another application or saves the image as a bitmap. Here is the code that places the image on the clipboard (which is I think pretty straight forward) memDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); // rect is set to the entire drawing suface, not just the cl...

Printing vertical text (or not!)
Hi, I've got another printing question. I need to print some vertical text on a printout (entire line of text rotated 90 degrees, not just horizontal letters stacked vertically). I set nEscapement and nOrientation to 900 in my CFont, and the font is rotated correctly, but I can't figure out how to place it on the page. Using DrawText() with DT_CENTER and DT_VCENTER doesn't work - the text prints, but not centered. I also see that if I do a DrawText() with DT_CALCRECT, the resulting rectangle does not correspond to the text if it were printed vertically. That is, it will return...

Publisher Preview
When I preview a document, the words that I have underlined don't show up as underlined in the preview. Only some of them will. Do I have a virus or is there a bug in the program? How do I fix it? Thank you. My guess would be that your video driver needs to be updated. That can cause some really odd things to appear, or not appear. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Neophyte" <Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F3A1DC5-3487-4F05-9B98-C60F3CF7E115@microsoft.com... > When I preview a document, the words that I have underlined d...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Problems Getting a Field to Work in a New Mail Message form
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 using IMO (Internet Mail Only - not Exchange Server). Does anyone know of a way to make sure the From: field appears in a new mail message? For reasons too lengthy to get into, it would be very helpful for me to see the From: field (with my default email address already filled in, of course) as well as they typical To:, CC: and Subject: fields when composing a new email. I did try to create a new form (Tools >Forms >Design a Form >Message) but when I used it, the default email address did not appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Sangrateo SangrateoATanonymo...

can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?
I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any ideas? Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD3B5CB-8D56-49DE-B632-06617A54EBE7@microsoft.com... >I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in > sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any > idea...

conditional text merge
I want to merge text under the following criteria, First issue (data in Col A in sequence) Col A(text) Col B(text) a gg a hh a s b r b ee c tt d ss d ee Merge to: a gg hh s b r c tt d ss ee Second issue (data in Col A not in sequence) a gg b r a hh a s b ee d ss c tt d ee Merge to: a gg hh s b r c tt d ss ee Is it possible to merge it? TIA norik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi yes it is possible but will require some VBA. below one way: 1. Create a unique list for column A on a separate sheet: - selec...

Plain text messages are not readable
Hi everyone, sure hope someone can help. I am running Office 2003, with XP Pro. Apparently I have inadvertently changed a setting, because all emails received in Plain Text are not readable. I can open them OK, but there is nothing in the body of the message. Additionally, if I create a new contact or calendar item, any info I enter in the fields for "subject", "location", "name", "job title", etc. appears OK. But any info I enter in the body of the appointment, or the contact, does not appear. However, once I save the new item, then the data app...

how to find a second comma in a text
Hi, I have a text as --> Madison, Dane, Wisconsin How can I find the position of the second comma? thanks, Boon Assuming there is *always* a 2nd comma... =FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)+1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Boon" <boonyawat.la-ongthong@cnh.com> wrote in message news:OISZ4IGbKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a text as --> Madison, Dane, Wisconsin > > How can I find the position of the second comma? > > thanks, > Boon > > thanks. this works well fo...

Publishing sites to the web
My Publisher doesn't have "publish to web" as an option under the File menu as it should. How do I fix this?? "Dianimal" wrote: > My Publisher doesn't have "publish to web" as an option under the File menu > as it should. How do I fix this?? Have you fully expanded the 'file ' drop down menu. Assuming that there is also 'Convert to Web Page' it should be there. It appears that you are on the beginning of the learning curve. MS Publisher is a desktop publishing program. MS FrontPage is a web authoring tool. Use the right t...

Grey text prints as black..
I'm printing a page that has some text de-emphasized by using a grey font colour. Unfortunately when I print it comes out as black like the rest of the text. I looked for a setting in the Options and in the Print dialogs, but was unable to see anything that said "allow grayscale" anywhere. Suggestions anyone? thanks... R. I have the same problem and have not yet found a solution. could it be a configuration problem with the printer? Have you recently re-installed Excell? Julien "RGK" a écrit : > I'm printing a page that has some text de-empha...

Exchange 2003/SP2 cant get SPF working
I am trying to test SPF in SP2 I have defined my SPF policy to reject mail that fails an SPF check I have a test domain that I have deliberately configured the SPF field to claim mail will only be generated from the wrong host. I have defined the SPF policy to reject mail that fails the SPF check and then gone to the default Virtual SMTP server (the only one defined) and turned on SPF filter for that connection. I stopped & started the SMTP server. I then use that domain to send a mail to the Exchange server (single server - ie not a front/back end setup). The mail should have ...

Cant get "Platform Builder" to appear under "Project Types" in VS2005
Hi Everyone, We've just purchased PB 6 and am trying to install it on one of our development stations, but no matter how many times I've installed/ deleted/reinstalled VS2005 and WinCE 6 I cannot for the life of me get it to appear in the project types list for when creating a new solution. It wont even allow me to open an existing project from the demo WinCE 6 folder. I'm now in to my 3rd day of battling with this ! Though the PB icon shows on the splash screen as it starts, as does some of the CE6 'getting started' stuff on the start page. It has had the ...

on server reboot multiple emails get returned as undeliverable
I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs etc. We have hit a problem a couple of times when on reboot of the server end users get emails returned as undeliverable as they have exceeded the delivery date. It does not affect all outgoing messages, and the destinations are valid. It is as though the SMTP gets stuck on some messages, and only notices on re-start. Any ideas? F Frank <noreply@127.0.0.1> wrote: > I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs > etc. > We have hit a problem a couple of times ...

Find and replace text thats not wdAlignParagraphCenter alignment
Im trying to make a macro that set alignment on all text to wdAlignParagraphJustify, except text that is wdAlignParagraphCenter. Right now i have this: With ActiveDocument.Content.Find .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphRight With .Replacement .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify End With .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll End With With ActiveDocument.Content.Find .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft ...

Getting info from the last used cell
Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and "End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a total. I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used. Example: The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other cells. I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals". -- Ed Davis ...