How to Find Status Bar in Publisher 2007

In Microsoft Publisher 2007 how do I make the status bar appear at the bottom 
of the screen? 

At the moment I have to go to edit, then "go to page"

Please help
0
Utf
12/11/2009 6:13:01 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

2 Replies
1909 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

bq40 wrote:
> In Microsoft Publisher 2007 how do I make the status bar appear at
> the bottom of the screen?
>
> At the moment I have to go to edit, then "go to page"
>
> Please help
==================================
I have saved the following info from messages
posted in this newsgroup...maybe it will be useful...

===============

Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in
Publisher 2007 Or...Why can't I change
pages in Publisher 2007
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
(scroll down to :
Where is the Page Sorter in Publisher 2007)

=================
How to restore the missing Status Bar
(page sorter) in Publisher 2007.

The following solution was posted in the
Publisher newsgroup on 10-01-2007
by:    JimmyJohnson

===
"How do I view the Page Sorter in
Publisher 2007."
===

Hey gang,

I'm glad someone else was having the same problem I was - not for the
frustration it causes, but to know that I was not alone.  And I say "was"
because I've found a solutoin to the Page Sorter issue.

Since my purchase of Micrsoft Office Professional 2007 was less then 90 days
ago, I was able to take advantage of free Microsoft Office tech support from
their on-line service center.  Therefore, the solution you're about to read
is a bona fide Microsoft Office solution, as it came directly from one of
their techs to me.

To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below.  But
beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a
specific part of the Publisher program, and Microsoft takes great pains to
warn you that making a mistake here may corrupt your program altogether (or
corrupt certain program files that my cause your version of Publisher not to
function correctly).  So please be careful as you follow these steps to fix
your page sorter issue.

O.K., now that the nice big warning is out of the way, you'll have Publisher
2007 up and running as it should be in 10 quick steps.  But before you
begin,
please take a moment to close all programs on your computer, then...

1. If you're using Windows Vista, Click on the start button, and type
"regedit" into the "Search" field under the "All Programs" link.  If you're
using XP or earlier versions, click on the start button, then on "Run," then
type "regedit" into the field, then click "O.K."

2. When the registry window opens, your going to next make a quick back-up
of these files before you attempt to change anything (in-case that
detrimental mistake we discussed earlier is accidentally made).  This you're
going to do by:

     a. Clicking on "File"
     b. Then on "Export"
     c. Then on "Desktop" in the left-hand task pane
     d. Then by typing "Backup" in the "File Name" field
     e. Then clicking on "Save"

3. Now that that's out of the way, your going to start at the top of the
Registry window and look down till you find the branch "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
Click on it, and a new sub menu will appear.

4. When the new sub menu appears, go down and click on "Software."  Again, a
new sub menu will appear.

5. Next, click on "Microsoft," then on "Office," then on "12.0"  This will
bring you to the place where you can choose the specific Office program
you're having issues with and fix the program-specific issue.

6. Next, click on "Publisher," then on "Preferences"

7.  If you don't see a "ShowStatusBar" string, you'll need to create one by
following the steps below.  Otherwise, move on to step #8.

     a. To create a "ShowStatusBar" string, start by right-clicking on the
        right pane of the window and choosing, "New"
     b. Then click on "String Value"  It will create a new string called
        "New Value #1"
     c. Rename the new value string "ShowStatusBar" and it will create the
        "ShowStatusBar" string.
     d. Now move on to step #8.

8. Right-click on the "ShowStatusBar" string, then click on "Modify"

9. When the "Edit String" window opens, simply change the value data to "1"
(if you're like me, the value data was probably set at "0").  Once you've
changed the value data to "1" then click "O.K."

10.  Exit from all registry related windows and launch your version of
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.  You should see the page sorter in the
lower
left-hand corner of your Publisher screen right where it always should have
been.

And that's it.  Like I said, worked like a charm for me!  But if this does
not work for you, please take a moment to contact Microsoft Office tech
support directly, because that means that you have another issue altogether.

Thanks gang!  May this small piece of advice help any and all the rest of us
who cannot find the Page sorter in Publisher 2007!

JimmyJohnson

===

More input...

===

Jon Kaye wrote:
> Not sure you got this resolved. It is a Registry issue.  You need to
> go into the REGEDIT and change the Status Bar from 0 to 1:
>
> START
> RUN
> regedit
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER (click on the + sign on the left)
> Software (click on the + sign on the left)
> Microsoft (click on the + sign on the left)
> Office (click on the + sign on the left)
> Publish (click on the + sign on the left)
> Preferences
> Right mouse click on ShowStatusBar
> Select Modify
> Change the Value from 0 to 1
> Click Okay
> Close RegEdit
>
> Start Publisher - Status Bar & Page Sorted should be on the bottom
>

===


-- 

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk 


0
John
12/11/2009 8:13:47 AM
John Inzer;583913 Wrote: 
> bq40 wrote:
> > In Microsoft Publisher 2007 how do I make the status bar appear at
> > the bottom of the screen?
> >
> > At the moment I have to go to edit, then "go to page"
> >
> > Please help
> ==================================
> I have saved the following info from messages
> posted in this newsgroup...maybe it will be useful...
> 
> ===============
> 
> Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in
> Publisher 2007 Or...Why can't I change
> pages in Publisher 2007
> 'ed.mvps.org - FAQs' (http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs)
> (scroll down to :
> Where is the Page Sorter in Publisher 2007)
> 
> =================
> How to restore the missing Status Bar
> (page sorter) in Publisher 2007.
> 
> The following solution was posted in the
> Publisher newsgroup on 10-01-2007
> by:    JimmyJohnson
> 
> ===
> "How do I view the Page Sorter in
> Publisher 2007."
> ===
> 
> Hey gang,
> 
> I'm glad someone else was having the same problem I was - not for the
> frustration it causes, but to know that I was not alone.  And I say
> "was"
> because I've found a solutoin to the Page Sorter issue.
> 
> Since my purchase of Micrsoft Office Professional 2007 was less then 90
> days
> ago, I was able to take advantage of free Microsoft Office tech support
> from
> their on-line service center.  Therefore, the solution you're about to
> read
> is a bona fide Microsoft Office solution, as it came directly from one
> of
> their techs to me.
> 
> To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below. 
> But
> beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a
> specific part of the Publisher program, and Microsoft takes great pains
> to
> warn you that making a mistake here may corrupt your program altogether
> (or
> corrupt certain program files that my cause your version of Publisher
> not to
> function correctly).  So please be careful as you follow these steps to
> fix
> your page sorter issue.
> 
> O.K., now that the nice big warning is out of the way, you'll have
> Publisher
> 2007 up and running as it should be in 10 quick steps.  But before you
> begin,
> please take a moment to close all programs on your computer, then...
> 
> 1. If you're using Windows Vista, Click on the start button, and type
> "regedit" into the "Search" field under the "All Programs" link.  If
> you're
> using XP or earlier versions, click on the start button, then on "Run,"
> then
> type "regedit" into the field, then click "O.K."
> 
> 2. When the registry window opens, your going to next make a quick
> back-up
> of these files before you attempt to change anything (in-case that
> detrimental mistake we discussed earlier is accidentally made).  This
> you're
> going to do by:
> 
> a. Clicking on "File"
> b. Then on "Export"
> c. Then on "Desktop" in the left-hand task pane
> d. Then by typing "Backup" in the "File Name" field
> e. Then clicking on "Save"
> 
> 3. Now that that's out of the way, your going to start at the top of
> the
> Registry window and look down till you find the branch
> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
> Click on it, and a new sub menu will appear.
> 
> 4. When the new sub menu appears, go down and click on "Software." 
> Again, a
> new sub menu will appear.
> 
> 5. Next, click on "Microsoft," then on "Office," then on "12.0"  This
> will
> bring you to the place where you can choose the specific Office
> program
> you're having issues with and fix the program-specific issue.
> 
> 6. Next, click on "Publisher," then on "Preferences"
> 
> 7.  If you don't see a "ShowStatusBar" string, you'll need to create
> one by
> following the steps below.  Otherwise, move on to step #8.
> 
> a. To create a "ShowStatusBar" string, start by right-clicking on the
> right pane of the window and choosing, "New"
> b. Then click on "String Value"  It will create a new string called
> "New Value #1"
> c. Rename the new value string "ShowStatusBar" and it will create the
> "ShowStatusBar" string.
> d. Now move on to step #8.
> 
> 8. Right-click on the "ShowStatusBar" string, then click on "Modify"
> 
> 9. When the "Edit String" window opens, simply change the value data to
> "1"
> (if you're like me, the value data was probably set at "0").  Once
> you've
> changed the value data to "1" then click "O.K."
> 
> 10.  Exit from all registry related windows and launch your version of
> Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.  You should see the page sorter in
> the
> lower
> left-hand corner of your Publisher screen right where it always should
> have
> been.
> 
> And that's it.  Like I said, worked like a charm for me!  But if this
> does
> not work for you, please take a moment to contact Microsoft Office
> tech
> support directly, because that means that you have another issue
> altogether.
> 
> Thanks gang!  May this small piece of advice help any and all the rest
> of us
> who cannot find the Page sorter in Publisher 2007!
> 
> JimmyJohnson
> 
> ===
> 
> More input...
> 
> ===
> 
> Jon Kaye wrote:
> > Not sure you got this resolved. It is a Registry issue.  You need to
> > go into the REGEDIT and change the Status Bar from 0 to 1:
> >
> > START
> > RUN
> > regedit
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Software (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Microsoft (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Office (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Publish (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Preferences
> > Right mouse click on ShowStatusBar
> > Select Modify
> > Change the Value from 0 to 1
> > Click Okay
> > Close RegEdit
> >
> > Start Publisher - Status Bar & Page Sorted should be on the bottom
> >
> 
> ===
> 
> 
> --
> 
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
> 
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
> 
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
> 
> Proceed at your own risk

Thanks Jon Kaye. I followed your precise instructions and have been
successful in retrieving the Status Bar. I just had to make sure I
clicked on the correct edition of the Publisher (Publish) I was using.
Bq40


-- 
bq40
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bq40's Profile: 1295
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=161616

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
bq40
12/13/2009 9:26:37 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Printing double sided brochures in publisher
I am trying to print a tri-fold double sided brochure in Publisher - my problem is that the 2nd page prints upside down - how do you get both sides of the brochure to be printed the same direction? REDLED wrote: > I am trying to print a tri-fold double sided brochure in Publisher - my > problem is that the 2nd page prints upside down - how do you get both sides > of the brochure to be printed the same direction? If you're manually duplexing: Rotate the second page through 180° before reinserting it into the printer. If you're auto-duplexing: Change the options on ...

Opening publisher 97 with a later version
I have publisher 97 on my windows xp and it works fine. However, I had someone refine some work I had done and apparently they used a later version of Publisher because when I loaded their CD, I got the message "Publisher cannot load files from a different version" What can I do--does this mean I have to buy a later version to match the version he used, or do I have to buy one of those programs that can open other programs. If I do the later, will I be able to use my 97 version to make changes once I get the files open on the later version Thanks rjda Refer to http://www.mvps....

Multiple stacked bar charts
I have a project where i have to chart the compliance of three groups over a number of months. So for each data set there is a Compliance#1 stacked upon NonCompliance#1, then Compliance#2 stacked upon NonCompliance#2 and finally, you guessed it, Compliance#3 stacked upon NonCompliance#3. When i design a chart in excel it wants to place everything on top of each other producing one column of six not the required three columns of two for each week in the display. Can anyone point me i the right direction for this one?? Hi you can achieve this effect by having two layers in your x axis the at...

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

I cannot get the pictures to show on screen in Publisher web previ
I have tried embedding and linked but nothing seems to work. Do I have to apply a master page? It is to be a one page web site. This is probably so basic but I am trying to teach myself how to use it. What do I have to do to have them show in preview and once uploaded? Thank you. Are you using FireFox to preview or IE? DavidF "rendul" <rendul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B0A640-6C87-4E9A-8A0E-5F32F7DAC0DE@microsoft.com... >I have tried embedding and linked but nothing seems to work. Do I have to > apply a master page? It is to be a one ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem
I am developing a database on a XP SP2 machine. On a form I have created some buttons with event procedures that run 2 queries and open a form. I sent the db to someone running Access 2007 on a Vista machine and nothing happens when she clicks the buttons and there are no messages. I know nothing about Vista so thanks in advance for any help. Tim Might be a reference problem, have them open the open a code window and click tools references. See what says missing and tell them what should be there, Add it and it should work. Duff "Tim Reid" <TimReid@discussions.micr...

Outlook 2007 Search always returns no matches
Any search I do in Outlook 2007's new search box returns no matches. I watched the Indexing Status as it progressed, and now it says "Outlook has finished indexing all of your items" But, searching on anything, even the word "The" or "a" returns no results. I'm searching all Outlook items. I'm on an Exchange Server via VPN. Anyone have any suggestions? I uninstalled Office and re-installed and the problem went away... "Tom" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:%23yGP6NPOHHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Any search I do i...

Office 2003 Service Pack 3--subsequent problems opening Publisher
I run Publisher 2003 on Windows XP. On June 13, I updated my system with Office 2003 Service Pack 3 so that I could open Word documents with the file ext docx. Subsequent to the Service Pack 3 installation, whenever I open a Publisher file (which I created), I get the following message: "Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted source and does not contain harmful information, click OK." What is causing this and is there a way to stop this pop-up message? All publications? Error message when you...

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes
Hello all, I'm having some difficulty with Publisher 2007. Whenever I try to open a particular file, the program crashes. I get no error message, except that Publisher needs to close. I've run Office Diagnostics (twice), with no results. I can open other Publisher files. The file that I am trying to open is an internal website for the company I work for. This file began acting strangely a couple of weeks ago - it wouldn't insert a duplicate page for a while, but I found a workaround, so I didn't worry about it. However, now I think that it may be a part of a larger probl...

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic
I have Office Basic installed on my laptop and need to add PowerPoint. What is the most recommended, easiest and least expensive way to do this? ...

Using Access 2003 on client to see Sharepoint 2007
Testing a Sharepoint environment and I can easily manipulate and run the database from Access 2007, but when I try to use Access 2003 it wants me to save the database to a location. The Access 2003 has the compatiblity pack, but it seems to not work when I download it. So the question is using Sharepoint 2007 and posting the Access 2007 format to it, can a user go to the sharepoint site and use a 2003 Access database that has the compatibility pack and open without having to download it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Send check for $500.00 to: David A Jenn...

Opening pub files created with older Publisher versions #2
I have just upgraded to Publisher 2003 from 2000 and am having trouble with pub files sent to me for our chuch newsletter which is using Publisher 97 The text is not wrapping around graphics boxes. Can I fix this? I really don't want to go back to Pub 200 Thank Richard this is caused by Publisher 97 not been printer independent. Even if you went back to Publisher 2000, unless you have the identical font versions and printer driver you would have issues with formatting. It sounds like the person sending you the file has a garbage HP inkjet printer. Get them to install the HP5P laser p...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003
In the past I could forward appointments and birthdays from one PC to another, if both PC's had Office 2003. I just tried forwarding a birthday from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2003 and it doesn't work. I get the email in 2003. Open it, open the calendar item, then click on Save & Close. No error message. But it's not there. Neither in the current month or for next year. I forwarded it as a reoccurring item, that's the only way it will let you do that. Has anyone else been able to do this? Or, is this a backward compatibility issue? It's odd.... this works fine for...

compact database in VBA access 2007
Hello, I have recently upgrade to office 2007 from office 2003. To compact a database from within the database itself, I used the follwing code. Unfortunately it no longer works in access 2007. Is there some similar code that will work? Public Function FncCompactTheCurrentDB() CommandBars("Menu Bar"). _ Controls("Tools"). _ Controls("Database utilities"). _ Controls("Compact and repair database..."). _ accDoDefaultAction End Function Thank You, SL On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:34:01 -0800, SL <SL@discussions.microsoft....

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003
It seems whenever the data source is altered, the merge code fields have to be reinserted in the Publisher document. Is this normal? The data source starts in Excel and is then saved as a .txt file to retain number formatting on final merge. ...

Creating Text Box in Publisher 2007 Crashes the Application
Hello, we have a clean install of Publisher 2007 under Windows XP SP2, and when we try to create a text box in a document, (both an existing document and a blank document), publisher crashes. Office is fully patched. I ran Office Diagnostics from the help menu and no problems were found and the issue persists. Any thoughts on how to resolve the issue? Thanks, Syd See if selecting a different printer as default helps. How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://of...

Delivery Status Notification (Relay)
New to exchange server 2003...we are running outlook 2003. When I send E-mails outside the corp. I am now getting a message from the postmaster.mycompany.com that the message"Delivery Status Notification (Relay)" has been put in the message field with attachments with the info. I had e-mailed. Looks like the e-mail is being relayed...I didn't set this up. Why would this happen? Thanks ...

MS Access 2007 code not running
I have created a brand new database in Access 2007 and linked some VB code to run on Form_Load. This code worked perfect with no problems the day I created it. Now today I opened the same form and it is not running the Form_Load code anymore (and yes it is still there, I did not delete it). I got frustrated so I copied and pasted the code to Form_Current and several On_Change events and set breakpoints at the beginning of all the events just to see if it was the Form_Load that was not triggering, but NO events are triggering my VB code. Any ideas? See this page: http://accessjunkie.com/fa...

publisher #18
if you have a small business with several computers that are on a network, do you have to purchase a seperate copy of ms office for each computer in the same office? We need to know this because we need it on all the computers but can not afford to pay 2000.00 for software. thanks! Publisher doesn't like being used on a network. Have you tried contacting MS and asking about multi-seat licenses? Also, didn't you say you belong to an NPO? If so, you could ask if MS has a special rate. The worst that they will say is no. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "April"...

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

find data and autopaste when found
Hi, Can someone help me how to do this : For checken the backorders of our customers we can extract a list fro our SAP system. this list is always different and shows us ever product per customer in Back order. ex. Customer A has product 1 en in backorder. This gives 2 lines in the xls file. can excel put th name of the customer on a form and it's backorders automatically. Ca it create for each customer showing in the list a new form? thanks koenraa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...