how to edit two powerpoint files in separate windows?

I have XP and Office Power Point 2003.

The Window/Arrange All
or
Select Tools | Options, select the View tab and tick 'Windows in Taskbar'

tricks are not exactly what i'm looking for.
Best would be if I could open two Powerpoint applications at the same time
in different windows. How to do it?

0
RK (47)

Window, new window.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"rk" <rk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP and Office Power Point 2003.
>
> The Window/Arrange All
> or
> Select Tools | Options, select the View tab and tick 'Windows in Taskbar'
>
> tricks are not exactly what i'm looking for.
> Best would be if I could open two Powerpoint applications at the same time
> in different windows. How to do it?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/7/2006 9:34:01 AM
Dear Mary,

this piece advice won't help me at all.
It just opens new window in a same application. I'm still not able to open
two different powerpoint applications.

rk

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Window, new window.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "rk" <rk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have XP and Office Power Point 2003.
> >
> > The Window/Arrange All
> > or
> > Select Tools | Options, select the View tab and tick 'Windows in Taskbar'
> >
> > tricks are not exactly what i'm looking for.
> > Best would be if I could open two Powerpoint applications at the same time
> > in different windows. How to do it?

0
RK (47)
4/7/2006 9:56:01 AM
Have you simply tried cascade?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Dear Mary,
>
> this piece advice won't help me at all.
> It just opens new window in a same application. I'm still not able to open
> two different powerpoint applications.
>
> rk
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Window, new window.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "rk" <rk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have XP and Office Power Point 2003.
>> >
>> > The Window/Arrange All
>> > or
>> > Select Tools | Options, select the View tab and tick 'Windows in Taskbar'
>> >
>> > tricks are not exactly what i'm looking for.
>> > Best would be if I could open two Powerpoint applications at the same time
>> > in different windows. How to do it?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/7/2006 10:31:47 AM
You might get better results by posting your question in the PowerPoint
discussion group, rather than here in the Publisher discussion group. No
criticism implied, just a suggestion.

Bruce

"rk" wrote:

> I have XP and Office Power Point 2003.
>
> The Window/Arrange All
> or
> Select Tools | Options, select the View tab and tick 'Windows in Taskbar'
>
> tricks are not exactly what i'm looking for.
> Best would be if I could open two Powerpoint applications at the same time
> in different windows. How to do it?

0
Brucels (98)

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

hosts file
Hi all, After I modified HOSTS file in another directory I can not replace the one on windows/system32/drivers/etc. He account I use is administrator. I have windows vista home premiun SP1. By the way a virus altered HOSTS file and can not connect to internet with firefox, I added 127.0.0.1 to the file in order to make it work. Thanks a lot for any help. perhaps a freeware called spybot can help. first immunize then go to the tools section and see if the hosts file is visiable. in any case here is some more info: http://tinyurl.com/yafnssc -- db���...

Archive Money File
Need a little help. I've been using Money since it first came out many years ago. My .mny file is now 35,444KB after I archive all the transactions prior to 1/1/2004. I have bought and sold a lot of stocks, bonds, cars, etc. over the last 10 years or so. Is there any way to clear out the old "investment" transactions without affecting the networth history? Nope. For many reasons, archiving is lame and destructive and many of us recommend against it and do not do it ourselves. My file is well over 50 MB. I live with it and rather prefer that all of this historical ...

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

Workbook prints as 2 separate print jobs
When sending an Excel workbook consisting of 1-10 worksheets and choosing the Print Entire Workbook option, the print job prints as though it were two different print jobs sent to the printer. This happens when choosing a Xerox printer-copier, and also when choosing to print to Acrobat Distiller. Any fixes? Suggestions? Thanks. -- Alice. ...

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Installing SBS SP1 after Windows 2003 SP2 ?
Hi, I have a Small Business Server 2003 that has had 'Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2' installed on it but 'Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1' has NOT been installed on it. I found this out by running Best Practices Analyzer in preparation for migrating to Small Business Server 2008. Having SBS SP1 installed is one of the 2008 pre-requisites. Are there any issues with installing SBS SP1 after Window 2003 SP2 ? Regards Michael Shouldn’t be any problem. Just follow the procedures in the following (multi-page) article: How to install ...

Filing away posting Journals
I am wondering according to which number i should file away my posting journals in GL,PM,RM,BM I need a consistent filing system for my client,since he doesn't like the fact that GP has no auto batch number. another question: how can i trace a paybles transaction from payables to GL in Payables Management (in other words i want to see the gl transaction from payables) Thanks ...

How can I shrink a flyer to print two to a page?
I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? CS Flower wrote: > I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print > two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread > option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center > twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? ===================================== What if y...

Unable to open MDE file
Hi, I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access file. I receive the following error message "You cannot convert or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till yesterday. I haven't installed any software since yesterday which safely rules out any problems due to a third party software etc. Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem. Thanks , Nik Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was created. You don't state which version the .mde was created in. In any case, there's precious little you can do with one...

Locking Edits
Hi people, I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locked for editing, so people can sync any changes I make, but not make any changes themselves. I have tried changing the files to read only files, but they don't seem to sync properly to other computers once I've changed them. The files are also stored on a shared sever if that makes a difference (I'm not too worried about people changing anything directly on the server, it's more editing in OneNote I'm worried about.) Miss George wrote: I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locke...

XmlDocument does not release the Xml file
Hello, I am finding trouble while using XmlDocument class to parse my xml documents reside in file system. The problem is, I have a function that loads the XmlDocument and the function is called many times during the execution context; the first call goes ok but the second call throws the exception that 'File is being used by another process'. I am writing the function this way. public void ReadXml(string path) { XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); xmlDoc.Load(path); XmlNode node = xmlDocument.SelectSingleNode("/Employee[sal > 30]"); blah blah blah } an...

How to resize a CTreeCtl when the dialog window is resized
Hello, Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any >suggestions? > >Thanks, >Linda > >. You can handle the message WM_SIZE of dialog to change the size of CTreeCtrl. Use message mapping. Then call the MoveWindow function to change the size: CTreeCtrl::MoveWindow(x, y, width, height) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyo...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

IE8 , Network Share / Drive Map
A client system (XP SP3, Novell Network ZENworks/Groupwise, Non-Admin account) here is having issues saving documents from within IE8 to her assigned Network drive. (I know more technical details for the network/setup may be warranted but for now I'm hoping someone has seen this or knows a fix based on this basic info) None of her mapped network drives show up as possible save locations from within the IE8 "save as" dialogue. Her drives are working fine otherwise; she can read, write, delete, etc. to them from Windows Explorer and other programs. There doesn't seem to be a...

Listing files with full path
Is there any function which acts like Dir but returns the full path of the file and not just its filename? I want to find files of a type in several directories, load the names in an array then go through them all and process them. It would help if the file names in the array contained the path information so that the part of the macro which does the processing can go straight to the file without having to worry about which folder it's in. Grateful for advice. Don't you already know the directory/folder at the time you call Dir? So just concatenate this with the file n...

.msg file access violation in Outlook
Hi, I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access violation message when re-opening in Outlook. How do I solve this? Thanks. -- AKS "dee" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. > > I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of > the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access > violation message when re-op...

Windows Conversion
I have an Access 2000 database which runs perfectly until i loaded it on a new machine. This machine was loaded with Windows 2000 and Access 2000 but it behaves in an odd way. When I go to a pop up form it looses track of the current record when returning to the main part of the system and it appears to do this randomly, sometimes it is OK then it all collapses! I suspect that it may be due to later updates in Windows that somehow make it not backward compatible. I have tried the database on different older machines and in Access 2002, 2003 and it is all OK there. Any suggestions p...

Combining Excel files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have all my timesheets in separate files and I would like to extract = values from each file to use in analyzing my time spent on projects and = time spend doing administrative tasks, etc. Can someone give me some tips on how to get started (e.g.. how to = extract valves from one file to another) Thanks Cory ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859...

Automatically pull data from one file to populate a template
Hi Everyone... Just beginning to get the hang of vba coding in excel. I would like to implement a new feature in a spreadsheet here at the office. We currently have a master records sheet containing vital information on unit processing. Each unit then has a sub file containing additional information. Currently one must populate the master record file. Then open a template and populate another file with the same information. I would like to streamline this process and have the data in the master record file automatically inserted into the template, allowing the user to only have to ...

Events change from all day to span over two days
I have a series of events in Outlook 2003 calendar. They could be say, my shift roster which is a pattern of days and nights that repeat every ten days. They are set as All Day events. Some events might be annual events such as birthdays and others are public holidays. Recently, when I was scrolling down the calendar I discovered that some of the events had changed to span two days. I entered the event (a recurring one and I opened the series, rather than the individual occurance). I couldn't see where it was set to start at say, 1am on thursday and finish at 1 am on Friday. I merely ente...