How to delete text when it only appears in print review Publisher

I have a hidden x that can't be seen to delete it in publisher.
It is visable in print review and prints out on paper
How to find and remove it

Maybe it is on the background. In Publisher 2000 and below, view, background, newer
Publisher, view Master page.
Do you have the picture detail selected? View, pictures, detailed display.
Try selecting sections of the publication, it might become active. Is it a crop mark?
If all fails, send the file to me, I'd like to see what is going on...
Remove "my" to reply.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JohnFreeman" <JohnFreeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a hidden x that can't be seen to delete it in publisher.
> It is visable in print review and prints out on paper
> How to find and remove it

0
gsauer (5093)

Excel printing query
How do you print an excel worksheet with row numbers? <File> <PageSetUp> <Sheet> tab, And *check* "Row & Column Headings". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808D8884-3E22-4018-90EC-932C90EC8570@microsoft.com... > How do you print an excel worksheet with row numbers? File | ...

Installing Microsoft Publisher 2007 on multiple computers.
I purchased Publisher 2007 software in March and installed it on two computers. I now need it on a third but I have realized that it can only be installed twice. Can I delete it from one its currently on so that I can have it on another? If so, how does that work? Use the phone activation and explain. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jen" <jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF73600-9A52-46D2-9EF4-5665BE693CC8@microsoft.com... >I purchased Publisher 2007 software in March and installed it on two > computers. I now need it on a third but...

Issue with copying Text.
I am wondering how to copy a cell that contains text from one worksheet to another. In other words I have two woorksheets in the same book, lets call them Sheet1 and sheet 2. Sheet1 has a column of company names in call it column A and figures in column B. Sheet 2 has a report that will change. I would like to be able to write ='Sheet1'!A1 into the cell so that no matter what I type in Sheet1 cell A1 it will copy that information over to Sheet2. I can do this with numbers but is there a way to copy text. All I get is the formula, and when I tried in a new sheet I got #VALUE! A...

I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a l.
I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter. I have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages. What am I doing wrong. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for 2003 and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.Hope this helps DeanH "rlw" wrote: > I can't get my letterhead to only appear ...

Delete Activity
Dear All We have noticed a strange issues when setting up the security for appointment activities. We do not want users to be able to delete activities from within the system, so we thought thats easy we restrict the delete for the activity in the roles. The problem we have is when we create a new appointment as user1 and try and assign the appointment to user2 both haveing the restriction of no delete and this is before the appointment is saved for the first time the save freezes and returns a SQL error. If we save the appointment first the reassignment works fine but this is no go...

Suddenly cannot create or print envelopes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) All of a sudden, I am unable to create envelopes on Microsoft Word for Mac. I click on &quot;Tools,&quot; then on &quot;envelopes,&quot; and type in address in delivery window, but when I click &quot;OK,&quot; I get only a blank document and it will not convert or print to an envelope. This happened very suddenly. Yesterday I printed about 8 envelopes, today -- nothing. ...

2-Column Layout with auto text flow?
I would like to have a worksheet that has a 2-column "newspaper" format, where text flows off the bottom of the first column to the top of the second column. Is this possible using Excel2000? As a very last resort, I'll use a macro to split the text and put it into different cells. But this is messy and not very accurate. My wish is to somehow link cells together and have the text flow between them, or use a control which will do this. Thanks! -- Matt Kruse http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com why dont you use Word? "Matt Kruse" <newsgroups@mattkruse.com> wr...

Unknown Error
Anyone have any idea why I can't delete a message in a Junk folder? I'm getting a plain/simple dialog box saying "Unknown Error" and the message will not delete. Trying to move it to the Inbox, for example, returns a dialog box message saying "Can't move the items. The item could be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied." Any ideas? Thanks, Tom Robbins tomweho@hotmail.com On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:14:44 -0500, "Exchange Groups" <tomweho@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anyone have any idea why I can't delete a...

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

Recover deleted message ???
Hello all, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find anything on it...sorry. How can I recover a deleted message in Outlook 2002 (and running on XP Home). The message I need to recover was received and deleted about 2 weeks ago. Can I still recover this? If so, how? THANKS in advance for any help !!! "rball" said in news:WRrYb.13748$CI3.3448@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com: > Hello all, > > I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find > anything on it...sorry. > > How can I recover a deleted message in Outlook 20...

Can Not Print
I have a User who is trying to print a record from a Terminal Server Session and is getting the following error: The script you are executing is taking longer than expected to run. Click end to abort the script, or continue to continue script execution. Any one have any insights? TIA, Jay. ...

Publisher #69
When will it put online service not as just as software two install it wood great service online. You might make a suggestion to Microsoft. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suggestions.aspx?sitename=CL100570201033&type=0 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "star" <star@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AF321FD-D643-45E0-9E4C-F4B318415EBC@microsoft.com... > When will it put online service not as just as software two install it wood > great service online. ...

List of markup prints with the document
When a document with Tracking turned on is printed, it prints the document AND the list of Markup (Reviewing Pane). In the Print dialog box, under Print what: Document is selected when printing (List of Markup is not selected when printing). Why is this list printing anyway along with the document? -- Wanda Garner Highmark Blue Shield ...

Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. ->Bad
I am exporting Excel worksheets to text files. Currently data like this: RGB(0, 0, 255) is placed in quotes when I export. I need to prevent the insertion of the quotations. How do I do this? Pallid, Use a macro to create the output. The quotes were put there to prevent the string being broken into three cells, based on the commas. Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm for an example of how to export to a text file. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "pallid" <pallid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074AF578-EEB7-446D-95A9-3B9A55D89650@microsoft....

File-Send To-Mail Recipient (for Review)
Hi, Can someone explain the procedure ... I expect: - sender (me) creates and sends workbook - recipient changes workbook and returns - in the mean time sender changed things in workbook What must sender do to view both own and others changes? Thank you, Frans Hi, go to see that address http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm It will give exemple you can copy to your workbook. "Frans van Zelm" <fhvzelm@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: eT5aZdq6EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can someone explain the procedure ... > > I expect: > ...

Printing cells
Hi, In my worksheet, I want not to print in some specific cells . My idea is to show on the screen as guide line information, but when printing I don't want it there. Thanks for your help. Don Assuming these cells are in row with no vital data, select the rows and use Hide. Hidden cells do not show on a printout -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:354201c3fd41$ee937a90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > In my worksheet, I want not to print in some specific > cells . My idea ...

Publisher security #2
Can I password protect Publisher documents like Word documents so others on network can't open? Read-only will not help as I do not want people to be able to print or resave to their folders the documents that I create. Thanks. No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Betty_K" <Betty_K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFF1CF05-F97F-4CF1-A94C-F0E4982A3925@microsoft.com... > Can I password protect Publisher documents like Word documents so others on > network can't open? Re...

truncated text
In several cells that contain a lot of text, Excel has cut off part of the words. We can widen/lengthen the cell, but it just puts space in the additional area and does not display any more of the text. Is there a limit to the amount of text that can be placed in one cell? If so, how much? Can that amount be changed? How? Thanks for your help! ...

text replaced by ####
When I try to input text with more than 230 characters (45 words) it is replaced with #### symbols. What can I do? Try formatting the cell as General. Sheda wrote: > > When I try to input text with more than 230 characters (45 words) it is > replaced with #### symbols. What can I do? -- Dave Peterson Make sure the column is wide enough. Change the font to smaller. >-----Original Message----- >When I try to input text with more than 230 characters (45 words) it is >replaced with #### symbols. What can I do? >. > ...

Display Cell Data in titles/Text Boxes on Charts
Hi - I would like to link my chart title textbox or another text box to a cell in a worksheet - can anyone suggest a way of acheiving this? Many thanks Neil Click on the chart to select it Type an equal sign -- you'll see it appear in the formula bar (you don't need to click in the formula bar before typing) Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart, e.g. C6 Press the Enter key. Drag the text box from the centre of the chart to the top Use the buttons on the formatting toolbar to format the text Neil Perry wrote: > Hi - > > I would like to link my...

Record Deleted
I am attempting to write a simple query and when I choose the information in ascending order I am receiving an error message that states a record has been deleted and will not provide the report. I'm finding that I'm receiving this message on several already created queries. How can I correct this without losing information? The only change has been the relocation of the file to another folder. Are you talking about the main .mdb file that's been moved? Is the database split? If so, have you relinked the tables after moving the file? Do you have full permissions to the fol...

Delete FRx user or Group
I'm trying to delete a group and/or user from FRx. I get the Failed to delete user. Invalid procedure call or argument. We use GP10 and FRx 6.7.10343 Any ideas? ...

Sumproduct Numbers and Text?
I have columns set up. Some have names and some have numbers. Can I use sumproduct to do the following? Column A is State Text Column B is Date Month Column C is Mode Number Column D is Name Text Can I use sumproduct to select state, date, mode, and then count the occurances of a specific name in column D? Count, not sum? Is that possible? =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A200="Texas"),--(B2:B200=--"2006-01-12"),--(C2:C200=27),--(D2:D200="Bob")) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gma...

Deleted Folder from MS Excel '97
Is it possible to retrieve a Folder that was deleted (by right side click delete) from the hard drive? It didn't go to the Recycle Bin. I would like to get it back. Only if you have special software that can do these things, the kind that FBI uses Maybe Norton utilities can do that but it doesn't sound like you have that installed -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076801c3aadc$23ad68c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to retrieve a Folder that was deleted (by > right side click delete) from the...

envelope printing from excel
Can I print an envelope when using the Microsoft invoice (Excel) template? ...