How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings

When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and  Iwant to
change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot
delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc.
it does not alowany logo at all.  Anyone know?

Locate the following files and delete them:

Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp
Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp
Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp
Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"meandmagee" <meandmagee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and  Iwant to
> change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot
> delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home
> etc.
> it does not alowany logo at all.  Anyone know?

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
7/24/2005 3:42:03 AM
I used botht thesearch engine and manually looked for these files mentioned
and they are not there. The publisher program I have is part of the Office
Pro Pack. Could that make a difference.  In either case it didnt help. Still
lokking for way to delete or modify permantly the logo in the publisher
personal information for primary business also looking to know how to add
logos for other 3 settings (home, second business etc)
Thank for trying.

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Locate the following files and delete them:
>
> Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp
> Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp
> Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp
> Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "meandmagee" <meandmagee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and  Iwant to
> > change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot
> > delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home
> > etc.
> > it does not alowany logo at all.  Anyone know?

Edit a logo for a personal information set
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx

Change the graphic in a Design Gallery logo
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052209571033.aspx
Note  Logos that are created using the Design Gallery cannot be associated with a
personal information set.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
>I used botht thesearch engine and manually looked for these files mentioned
> and they are not there. The publisher program I have is part of the Office
> Pro Pack. Could that make a difference.  In either case it didnt help. Still
> lokking for way to delete or modify permantly the logo in the publisher
> personal information for primary business also looking to know how to add
> logos for other 3 settings (home, second business etc)
> Thank for trying.
>
> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Locate the following files and delete them:
>>
>> Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp
>> Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp
>> Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp
>> Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp
>>
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> "meandmagee" <meandmagee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and  Iwant to
>> > change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot
>> > delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home
>> > etc.
>> > it does not alowany logo at all.  Anyone know?

0
gsauer (5093)
7/24/2005 12:44:47 PM
meandmagee wrote:
|| I used botht thesearch engine and manually looked for these files
|| mentioned and they are not there. The publisher program I have is
|| part of the Office Pro Pack. Could that make a difference.  In
|| either case it didnt help. Still lokking for way to delete or modify
|| permantly the logo in the publisher personal information for primary
|| business also looking to know how to add logos for other 3 settings
|| (home, second business etc)
|| Thank for trying.
|| "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
||| Locate the following files and delete them:
||| Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp
||| Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp
||| Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp
||| Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp
||| --
||| Brian Kvalheim
||| Microsoft Publisher MVP
||| http://www.publishermvps.com
||| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
||| confers no rights.
||| "meandmagee" <meandmagee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

That is because when you did your search, your search didn't look in "hidden
files and folders". Go to Sart > Search > and in the search dialog choose
More Advanced Options and put a check mark under Search Hidden Files and
Folders.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
7/24/2005 2:48:29 PM
I have tried all of the suggestions posted here, and am very familiar with
finding hidden files and more technical solutions to problems.........there
are absolutely no jsp files located anywhere, and I searched using wildcards
in a variety of positions.

This is very frustrating as I am trying to teach 17 people in our new office
how to create their own flyers and emails. Please respond with a solution
that works - is there a download to fix this problem? You should be able to
change the logo in your personal settings the way 'Help' suggests (or even
the way Brian suggests below).

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> meandmagee wrote:
> || I used botht thesearch engine and manually looked for these files
> || mentioned and they are not there. The publisher program I have is
> || part of the Office Pro Pack. Could that make a difference.  In
> || either case it didnt help. Still lokking for way to delete or modify
> || permantly the logo in the publisher personal information for primary
> || business also looking to know how to add logos for other 3 settings
> || (home, second business etc)
> || Thank for trying.
>
> That is because when you did your search, your search didn't look in "hidden
> files and folders". Go to Sart > Search > and in the search dialog choose
> More Advanced Options and put a check mark under Search Hidden Files and
> Folders.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.

The files are in a folder similar to this (it is a hidden file)
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Office

Edit a logo for a personal information set
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx

I simply click the magic wand, click logo options on the task bar, select choose
picture and browse to an image, it automatically becomes the default. Or right-click
the logo, change picture...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"S_CGoodgirl" <S_CGoodgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried all of the suggestions posted here, and am very familiar with
> finding hidden files and more technical solutions to problems.........there
> are absolutely no jsp files located anywhere, and I searched using wildcards
> in a variety of positions.
>
> This is very frustrating as I am trying to teach 17 people in our new office
> how to create their own flyers and emails. Please respond with a solution
> that works - is there a download to fix this problem? You should be able to
> change the logo in your personal settings the way 'Help' suggests (or even
> the way Brian suggests below).

>> That is because when you did your search, your search didn't look in "hidden
>> files and folders". Go to Sart > Search > and in the search dialog choose
>> More Advanced Options and put a check mark under Search Hidden Files and
>> Folders.
>>
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.

0
gsauer (5093)

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

Changing Resource and fields on a subform
I have a subform with fields on it that are present when i first open the form. But when I click on a status button, I'd like the subform to change the fields that are present. For instance when i first open the fields are formid, lastname, firstname, subject, date, range But when i click on formstatus button, i'd like the fields to show: formid, subject, range, product I know how to use recordsource to change the recordsource, but then the fields that I am not using show up as #name? How do I get the subform to change field names so that the fields I am not using, doesn't show ...

Paste links, changed filename
I have created 3 exel 97 Files. Each File has approx 30 sheets. One of them is a source file. The other 2 use file1 data using paste link(paste special). At some stage I have changed the names of the files and now when I open them it asks the usual question " do you want to update linked information", Iclick "yes" ~ then the computer wants me to select the source file. Before, it just started straight into the file I wanted ~ how can i resolve this( with as little effort as possible)? Try hitting no, then do Edit / Links / Change Source, save the workbook and hopef...

"Change Credit Details" button does not appear
I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the "Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' settings. In microsoft.public.money, mar11974 wrote: >I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the >"Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' >settings. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281109/en-us helps. I've no idea if it helped the original poster, but it seems I have the same issue, and it didn't help me. I'm ...

Change height of row
Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a way to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up with a pre-printed form. Hi i think the limit is 1 pixel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam MacT" <Pam MacT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CCAE9073-80C5-47B1-B103-7834241AF34B@microsoft.com... > Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a > way > to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up > with a pre-printed form. ...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

how do I set-up a interveiw outline
how do I set-up a interveiw outline www.google.com "brazal" <brazal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D65D1B1-2DD6-4FE2-B96D-108ED7E1E914@microsoft.com... : how do I set-up a interveiw outline make a bulleted or numbered outline via word. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen > > "brazal&...

Changing name from Arabic to English
I, m registering all new recruitment employees so always I'm writing the employee name by Arabic and English. So there is any code to change automatically the person name for Arabic to English ...

How do you turn off "Save a copy/Overwrite changes" dialog box
Hello Guys, I have created a (password to open) workbook using Excel 2003 SP1 on a shared network drive which when I try to save by using Ctrl S or clicking the Save icon gives me an irritating dialog box which asks: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want to do?" -Save a copy -Overwrite changes Please can someone tell me how to deactivate this annoying dialog box as I have been unsuccesful so far in my efforts :confused: Many thanks in advance Nick -- Nicko -----------------------------...

Deleting a posted message
Is there a way I can delete a posted message OR at least take my email off. I have mistakenly given my email and have been receiving spam like anything. It would be really helpful if the admins of this group can help me delete that specific post. Use the .NET serializer to turn it to a string . Use the .Whatever in 2005, asking for MS for Permission to post an 'unmanaged' question. "Neo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026501c3a56a$f77b3870$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way I can delete a posted message OR at least > ...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

Permission for account change
Dear Friends I have my domain as abc.com I have another domain xyz.com for which i have created a separate account for the users so that they can send the email with both the domain by using from filed. i have one user user1 who is facing problem i have created userxyz for with the default email address of xyz.com domain but i am facing strange problem as the permission of sending email is reseting. Kindly suggest what can be the problem. best regards Niitmalad What version of Exchange and how/where exactly it is resetting? Niitmalad wrote: > Dear Friends > > I have...

change the size of Font for reading incoming mail
hi, buddies. I'd like to change the Font with incoming email in my outlook2003. my operation is in the following. click options on the Tools menu, and then click Mail Setup tab, click Fonts. So I change the Font in this items:"When composing and reading plain text" but I can't find the font to take any change when I read incoming email. What my question is how I can change the Font size in the incoming email. thanks is the incoming mail plain text and the change isn't working or is the incoming mail html? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://ww...

How do I change mailbox owner in AD?
How do I change a mailbox owner in AD? Can it be done? T. The mailbox is linked to the user account. You can grant an additional user(s) "owner" access by granting Full Mailbox access on the Exchange Advanced Tab of the user properties. Glen "Thomas Houseman" <thomashouseman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZwMptUxEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How do I change a mailbox owner in AD? Can it be done? > > T. > > Verify that you have mailbox retention enabled. ( right-click mailbox store/properties/limits). This is extremely Important! ...

SetFont does not set font
Hello again, Yet another problem I am afraid and I would once more like to call upon a little external wisdom. I am having a major problem with CFont and the SetFont. Mainly: It doesnt want to work. I am using the CreatePointFont method on a CFont object defined in global scope at the top of my dialog. I then attempt to try and use SetFont on a dialog, and on a button, and on anything else for that matter and the effect it has is zero. I am using it in my InitDialog routine yet I still get nothing when I paint text to the window, or when I view the buttons on the dialog. Has anyone g...

Icons changed in Favorites since update
Just updated windows latest update - and now the icons in my favorites have changed to a "square with a star" - at least 80% are like this - what happened. Thanks for anyhelp ...

Publisher should allow the deletion of multiple pages
I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much like the options available when printing pages. lejianzhong <lejianzhong@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much > like the options available when printing pages. Suggestion: Try here: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q114491 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Worksheet Change Event log for multiple cells
Dear All, I have a spreadsheet that is available here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b02e5h4/n/Worksheet_change_event.zip (although I scanned it for viruses please make sure you do it again prior to opening it as I cannot guarantee it's worm free). I would like to create a log file in an additional sheet (hidden probably) that would record every activity from column E after clicking a button assigned to a cell in that column and show these records in a worksheet Totals in a specific row. For example: Column A from a worksheet „Totals” corresponds with column A in ...

prnmngr vs delete all network printers
Hi, I wish to use PRNMNGR.VBS script file to install my network printers but before installing those printers, I need to delete all previous installed printers. Is it possible to delete all already installed printers in one command line with PRNMNGR.VBS script ? Thanks. Just a little thing I forgot: Delete all NETWORK printers... Thanks. "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : uvD4MyItKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I wish to use PRNMNGR.VBS script file to install my network printers but > before...

changing defalt from OE to Outlook
When I move into a folder and want to send a picture or file attachment to someone, I right click the mouse and use the mail option. The only problem is the attachement loads up express and I'm using normal Outlook. How can I change the defalt to be normal outlook and not express. I'm on windows 98. Thanks, Go to Internet Explorer. Tools | Internet Options | Programs. Change the default mail program to Outlook. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **...

New personal finance resource website open #2
--_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit New Personal Finance Resource Website Open http://www.your-personal-finances.com/ - Free articles and information on personal finance --_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005-- *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

OWA 2000 change password feature doesn't work
I cannot get the 'change password' button to work in OWA. I'm running an OWA front-end server running Exchange 2000 post SP3 rollup on Windows 2000 Server SP4. I have it configured for require SSL only. My Exchange 2000 backend servers are Exchange 2000 post SP3 rollup on Windows 2000 Server SP4 as well. My domain controllers are Windows 2003 Servers in 2003 native-mode. All are in the same domain. I have even created the virtual directory IISADMPWD and pointed it to the \winnt\system32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd directory. The directory has .htr files in it. The last thing I try wa...

Keep Deleted Items for (days) settings..
Hi - I want to set up the ability for users to be able to recover their own deleted items for x number of days. However, I also want to make it so that certain people, after they delete something, would not be effected by this setting under Servers/First Storage Group/Mailbox Store. Hence, when they delete, it's gone (unless it's recovered by tape backup). Is this possible? On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:17:48 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: >Hi - > >I want to set up the ability for users to be able to recover their own >deleted items ...