How to change the page orientation on one page in publication

I'm working on a publication and I need to change the page orientation to
landscape on several pages, but not the entire document.  How would I do that?
Thanks,
0
JuneJ (2)

You can't in the way you're thinking. However............you can start a new
document in landscape, layout the page you need, select all, group it, copy
it, and then paste it into the portrait oriented document. Rotate it 90�.
(You can ungroup if you need to move anything around individually after it's
been inserted into the target document.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JuneJ" <JuneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on a publication and I need to change the page orientation to
> landscape on several pages, but not the entire document.  How would I do
> that?
> Thanks,

0
jl_paules (2769)
7/14/2006 8:40:08 PM
Hey....great !!  It works....I should have thought of that !!!
Appreciate it !!!
June

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> You can't in the way you're thinking. However............you can start a new
> document in landscape, layout the page you need, select all, group it, copy
> it, and then paste it into the portrait oriented document. Rotate it 90°.
> (You can ungroup if you need to move anything around individually after it's
> been inserted into the target document.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "JuneJ" <JuneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm working on a publication and I need to change the page orientation to
> > landscape on several pages, but not the entire document.  How would I do
> > that?
> > Thanks,

0
JuneJ (2)
7/14/2006 9:02:02 PM
We kind of get used to thinking one way and when we can't do something that
way, we get frustrated. Sometimes you just have to take half a step back and
look at another way.  :-)

--

> Hey....great !!  It works....I should have thought of that !!!
> Appreciate it !!!
> June
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can't in the way you're thinking. However............you can start a
>> new
>> document in landscape, layout the page you need, select all, group it,
>> copy
>> it, and then paste it into the portrait oriented document. Rotate it 90�.
>> (You can ungroup if you need to move anything around individually after
>> it's
>> been inserted into the target document.)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "JuneJ" <JuneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm working on a publication and I need to change the page orientation
>> > landscape on several pages, but not the entire document.  How would I
>> > do
>> > that?
>> > Thanks,

0
jl_paules (2769)
7/14/2006 11:07:21 PM
Does anyone know how to accomplish this with Publisher 2003?  I could not get
these instructions to work.

Thanks,
Marti

> >> You can't in the way you're thinking. However............you can start a
> >> new
> >> document in landscape, layout the page you need, select all, group it,
> >> copy
> >> it, and then paste it into the portrait oriented document. Rotate it 90°.
> >> (You can ungroup if you need to move anything around individually after
> >> it's
> >> been inserted into the target document.)
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "JuneJ" <JuneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

The same way. You can't rotate just one page but you can lay it out in a
separate publication the way you want it. Select all of it, group it, copy
and paste it into the final layout and then rotate it 90°.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Marti Buckely" <MartiBuckely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to accomplish this with Publisher 2003?  I could not
> get
> these instructions to work.
>
> Thanks,
> Marti

0
jl_paules (2769)

Paste Special Changes Content
Greetings - I am attempting to copy and link, via Past Special, a group of rows within the same workbook. When I do, all the empty cells are populated with zeros. I am using Windows 200 and Office XP. Thanks in advance, Bill When you paste special|Links, you end up with a formula like: =x99 If x99 is empty, then excel will show a 0. But you can change your formula to look like this: =if(x99="","",x99) (if x99 is empty, then make the cell look empty, else just show what's in x99.) Bill wrote: > > Greetings - I am attempting to copy and link, via Pas...

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

keeping page, insert etc dropdowns open & having page below it
how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that way & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91198FA1-A43C-4A00-9141-FB019528AC5B@microsoft.com... > how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that > way > & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 Ask in a discussion group for Word. Here's how to find it. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the...

no change pivot item.
i want to can not change pivotitems in the pivotfields. namely pivotitems restircted. How can I do in VBA? *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

Change Source Campaign on Invoice and Order
I need to change the Source Campaign on an Invoice and an Order but the field is locked. I tried to enable the field on the form but still cannot make changes. Any ideas beyond direct edit of DB? ...

Calling the Page Setup PopUp from VBA..
Hello.. I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the user click to bring up the Page Setup popup screen just like you would do if you chose File -> Page Setup. Does anyone have the VBA code to accomplish this? Please advise... Cheers! Brett Try, docmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup Also, do not forget to trap error 2501 should the user cancel the operation. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Brett Davis" wrote: > Hello.. > > I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the > user click to br...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

POP server always changes to localhost
Hello, My outlook is having a wierd issue. I have three POP3 accounts set up to check email in Outlook. After some point in time, all three will stop functioning because in the E-mail accounts settings dialog my incoming mail server will get changed to localhost, and it fails to log in to box to pull my mail. It appends the POP3 server name to my user name which seems odd. So, to summarize, my Incoming mail server (POP3) field changes from it's usual value (something like mail.server.com) to localhost, and my mail server gets appended to my user name (something like username...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

multiple balances on one printout
I want to print all the months on one sheet. with a total, is this possible and if so how do I do so. Thanks ...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

email to Public folder gets NDR
When I try to send a message to PF I get a NDR and following message in Application log Event Type: Warnin Event Source: MSExchangeTranspor Event Category: Exchange Store Driver Event ID: 32 Date: 31.05.200 Time: 9:50:2 User: N/ Computer: XMAI Description The following call : EcLocallyDeliverMsg2 to the store failed. Error code : 1238 (Message-ID <C8F74733BF2C7E4888545664F83970FC47162D@xmail.1111.ru> will be NDR'd). MDB : 0a07ea5d-c42f-41d6-9b26-1b91ceddf4dd. FID : 1-41. MID : 1-23E6CB. File : . But some other users can send messages without problems.. What does this error code(...

Change bars color
Hello, I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for is, to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to chage the color of the bar. I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables. any Ideias? -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advance for your feedback. Marcelo What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each color, and use formulas to change on series ...

How to Restore Public Calendar Permissions
Most of the items on our public calendar were deleted. We restored the items by copying them from a .pst which was extracted from a backup. Sometime afterwards we found that users could not see items on the calendar until they displayed the previous month first and then the current month. Users cannot print items from the public calendar (it appears blank) and they cannot change items that they created previously. They are able to create new items. We've tried making everyone an owner just to see if anything changed but the results were still the same. I'm assuming that all ...

Rehoming public folders Exch5.5
Hi, Iinstalled a new Exch5.5 Serv into our existing site and decided to rehome public folders using Admin console and MS Article Q185043. Serv1 NT4SP5 Exch5.5SP4 is to removed from site Serv2 is the new server Win2kSP3 Exch5.5SP4. My question is why do all my public folders (hidden view) still show in the recipent container on serv1 after being rehomed 5 days a go to serv2 but under the public folder hierarchy all my folder properties state the home server as Serv2? The only step i havn't perform in the article is 'propagate these properties to all subfolders' and clear all optio...

Auditing form on record change
HI, I have a form with multiple fields that I want to track changes to. I was able to create a auditing trail when users click on particular buttons however if they dont click on the buttons the auditing does not occur. What I am wanting to do is to run the audit when a user changes to a new record. I have tried the "on current" and "before update" but they didnt work. Any suggestions? Take a look at what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

How can I change order of pages in a fold brochure in publisher
When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to print are you checking current page or typing the page number? What version Publisher are you using? "JudieM" wrote: > When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page > preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to prin...