How to align the bottom lines of 2-column pages?

I have compiled a bi-lingual dictionary (left to right and right to left)
using Word 2007; with the result that the bottom lines of a 2-column page
cannot be aligned; understandably so. Now, I want to import the documents to
Microsoft Publisher 2007, where I know that aligning those bottom lines
together can be done - but how?

Any help offered will be much appreciated!

How are you planning to export the text from Word? How many columns per page?
Will your dictionary be in booklet form?
Are your definitions in two different Word files?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Foxy" <Foxy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have compiled a bi-lingual dictionary (left to right and right to left)
> using Word 2007; with the result that the bottom lines of a 2-column page
> cannot be aligned; understandably so. Now, I want to import the documents to
> Microsoft Publisher 2007, where I know that aligning those bottom lines
> together can be done - but how?
>
> Any help offered will be much appreciated!

-1
Mary

Is It Possible? #2
Is it possible to have a cell that's accumulative...in other words, if I have a cell that has a value of 4 and I want to add 2 to it by typing in the "2" and have it now have a value of 6? I'm trying to avoid having a list that adds and then link the total cell. I've never done this and don't recall ever seeing it done. press F2 and then key in +2 in the cell following the current contents documike wrote: > Is it possible to have a cell that's accumulative...in other words, if I > have a cell that has a value of 4 and I want to add 2 to it by t...

Current time for data entered in column
Whenever data is entered in a cell, current time should come auto i another corresponding cell. For example, time should automaticall come in Y column for any data entered in any cell of the column A. Fo A10 time should come in Y10 and for A12 it should come in Y12 and s on. I need it for doing time and motion study. Appreciate all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohitmahajan! Based on JE McGimpsey (http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html) Let's say that every time an entry is made in cells A2:A100, the corresponding cell in column Y should have the...

Page number functions in Word are dimmed and don't work. What now
I use Office Home & Student 2007. I cannot insert page numbers into my Word document. I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. What can I do to restore the page numbering function? Place your cursor in a header or footer. On Feb 8, 7:19=A0pm, A Tai <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Office Home & Student 2007. =A0I cannot insert page numbers into my= Word > document. =A0I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. =A0Wha= t can I > do to restore the page numbering function? A page number...

Outlook Rules Problem #2
Hi there, I am using Win XP Pro with Office 2000 Pro, all updates applied. During the last few weeks I've had problems with e-mails being automatically put into my Deleted Items folder, from one specific address for which there is nothing in the Block Senders list and no Rule either. I have had to disable the "automatically empty deleted items folder upon exit" in order to prevent these e-mails from disappearing into oblivion. Every day they keep going in there. I often use OE6 to create HTML e-mails and I bcc these in order to capture them in Outlook to eventually go into m...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

Quick Links on Home Page
If you set up a couple of custom quick links on your home page, is it being stored in a central location so that if you log in from a different computer (or in our case get connected to one of several GP app servers in our Citrix farm), you get the same home page? I am busy testing GP 2010 so this is new to me (we are in v9 currently). Also, is it possible to “copy” a home page to different users if you want to assign the same set of quick links to all of them? Thanks -- Pieter ...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL?? #2
I have several calendars in public folders that I would like to get listed in the GAL. My goal is to leave them in public folders, AND list them in the GAL so that users can invite them as resources when creating meetings. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!!!!! Have you mail-enabled the Public Folder? Once you do that, it should show up in the GAL. That aside, you can invite the PF's as resources all you want, but you will never be able to see Free/Busy information, and the PF's will not be able to accept meeting requests. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Bigfoot moe.ron&...

How do I change headings for columns from numbers to letters? #2

Logo On receipt #2
I am unable to print our store logo on to our receipts. It will show in manager but not print in manager. The image is monochromatic B&W. It is under the 20k regulation. It is correctly directed in administrator. It shows in the preview under database – registers - receipt - formats - 40 column - properties – properties. It is listed in the logo filename header and has “” around it. I go to print and no logo on receipt and no space for the logo. It will also not print in Store Operations, nor will it show on the receipt in journal viewer but it will show on the receipt in journal vi...

Sharing Outlook 2003 .pst on 2 computers (not simultaneously)
I hope someone can help me here. I have 2 different offices, both running outlook 03, and i would like to find a way to carry the .pst with me, on an ipod, or USB memory stick. can you do this?? i run into the situation where i need to access email on one computer when i'm at the other office. i get a stupid amount of emails during the day, so i have to touch each one twice. i'm trying to figure out a way that i can have just one disk, portable media or put the file on a vpn server, so when i launch outlook (only one will be running at a time), they use the same .pst file. This m...

Runtime Error LIne 297
I just set up a brand new Dell computer with Outlook 2003 as the mail program. Everytime the user opens the mailbox, she gets the following error: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 297 The debug opens, but I don't know what to do with it after that. Has anyone else worked through this? Any suggestions? ...

Event Log Error #2
We have recently upgraded a client to Exchange 2003. We used one of the MS guides to help with the process. All seemed to have gone well except we are now getting the following Event error... Source:MSExchangeMTA Event ID: 9318 An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 202, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name EXHANGE01 [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. We have removed the server named in the text using the method pre...

How to get rid of the gridline? #2
cool! thanks man -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 ...

CRM Mobile 1.2 and territory codes
By default when choosing Terrirtory Code as a criteria in a CRM Mobile Accounts form the only choice is "default value". How can this list be populated with the correct value of Territories? ...

Start up page in outlook
The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I change all the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook today but still no joy. Any ideas please Regards Tony Tony Pagett, you wrote on Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:52:29 GMT: > The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I change all > the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook today > but still no joy. Where did you change the settings? You have to do it in Tools | Options | More | More Options -- Best Regards Christian Goeller I do not have a |...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Updater through Remote XML: Advice #2
I am implementing a very simple check routine that goes to my website and reads an XML file. The XML file basically contains all info for my apps and their current status. All I need to do is just read the version node and compare it to the current node and then advise the user to visit the website for the new version. Ive looked at ClickOnce and other methods but I would like to implement something simpler. Anyway, has anyone done this before? My XML will look something like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Apps> <App id="0001"...

avery labels #2
I would like to create a label in Publisher and print on avery 5824 labels. How do I do this? ...

Locked For Editing #2
When I try to open an excel file, it gives an error message as "locked for editing by another user". I opened task manager and clicked processes tab. I chose end processes for all the exe files. I deleted the owner file using my computer. It still gives me that same damn message. Any help will be appreciated. Max Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You c...

combination stacked column and line data
Help. I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are stacked (columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an option in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more than that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003). Please and thanks. Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the "built in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy to roll your own type. Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you ha...

Barcoding Customers #2
I would like to start barcoding customer account cards and customer loyalty cards. Any suggestions? -- Blue Valentine Fashions for All of Your Nightly Affairs For something inexpensive, go to the Avery paper website. Download their Design Pro Limited program create a business card size with your info on it, with an incremental barcode number on it and print to a business card stock, either from Avery or any supplier with the same dimensions. http://tinyurl.com/7mma For something fancier, go to Google and type gift or id cards. I have customers who purchased from vanguardid.com -- ...

Hide page on tab control
Hello, Is there any way to hide a page on a tab control based on what the user selects from a drop down box? Thanks in advance Martin You can use the following syntax to hide a page... Me.TabControl.Pages(0).Visible = False The index (0) of the pages starts at 0, you will need to enter the correct number for the position of the tab. Put that inside an If/Then condition that checks the status of your dropdown in it's AfterUpdate event. You will want to include this in the Forms Current even as well so it's toggled if the record changes. hth -- Jack...

Email file does not retain same page content
The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page 2 . Page 2 picks up at end of the overflow and so on... Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk: Incorporating conditional If / Else Functoid Logic in a map. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f6fc20ab-5c6a-4f04-8a0b-bba39e4bbcf0/biztalk-incorporating-co.aspx <Jetty donaldson> wrote in message news:2010416115618jetreal@cox.net... > The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page > 2 . Page 2 picks up > at end of t...

sorting two columns of merged cells
I have two columns of merged cells. two cells in each column are merged in each row: ie A1 and B1 are merged into one cell, a2 and B2, etc. The next column is the same; C1 and D1 are merged, C2 and D2, etc. Is there any way I can sort these columns? I need a descending sort by col A and B. Im using Excel 2003 Hope this is clear. Jim Don't merge cells. Look in the archives of this group for countless reasons why not; you've just found one of them. -- David Biddulph "bigjim" <bigjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...