How to access help?

 That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off
but how?

 And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when
you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch
the thing off?
0
abrogard (10)

How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off
> but how?
>
> And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when
> you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch
> the thing off?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/29/2007 8:43:47 AM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off
> > but how?
> >
> > And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when
> > you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch
> > the thing off?

  I've stumbled across that before - that is, I've been to that help screen
that I get now that I've unchecked the office assistant thing. And it is not
the one I want. I want the one I'm used to, with search facility and whatever
and along list of items.
 This thing (which you seem to have to turn off in each of the Office
products separately)  is fairly ludicrous. It goes round in circles. It's got
a choice about 'ways you can get help' which really just brings you back to
itself....

  It is a joke. Like so much of overworked software.

 Where is stock standard help? Or if it doesn't exist... say so.

0
abrogard (10)
5/30/2007 2:55:00 AM
Are you using version 2000? I have the Office assistant disabled and help comes
up just fine.
OFF2000: Cannot Use Help, or No Results Returned from Search
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237355/en-us

The Answer Wizard and the Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an
Office program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319956/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off
>> > but how?
>> >
>> > And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when
>> > you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I
>> > switch
>> > the thing off?
>>

>  I've stumbled across that before - that is, I've been to that help screen
> that I get now that I've unchecked the office assistant thing. And it is not
> the one I want. I want the one I'm used to, with search facility and whatever
> and along list of items.
> This thing (which you seem to have to turn off in each of the Office
> products separately)  is fairly ludicrous. It goes round in circles. It's got
> a choice about 'ways you can get help' which really just brings you back to
> itself....
>
>  It is a joke. Like so much of overworked software.
>
> Where is stock standard help? Or if it doesn't exist... say so.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/30/2007 9:07:37 AM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you using version 2000? I have the Office assistant disabled and help comes
> up just fine.
> OFF2000: Cannot Use Help, or No Results Returned from Search
>

> The Answer Wizard and the Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an
> Office program

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >  I've stumbled across that before - that is, I've been to that help screen
> > that I get now that I've unchecked the office assistant thing. And it is not
> > the one I want. I want the one I'm used to, with search facility and whatever
> > and along list of items.
> > This thing (which you seem to have to turn off in each of the Office
> > products separately)  is fairly ludicrous. It goes round in circles. It's got
> > a choice about 'ways you can get help' which really just brings you back to
> > itself....
> >
> >  It is a joke. Like so much of overworked software.
> >
> > Where is stock standard help? Or if it doesn't exist... say so.

  I am using publisher 2002.

 I've put a screengrab of the help screen I get up on the web in two places,
 esnips at: http://www.esnips.com/web/abrogard-public

 and megaupload at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3B0UBBI

I put it up twice because I've never done it before and I'm not sure how
successful it will be, or which is the preferable site.  esnips seems a bit
slow for me.

 regards,

 ab
0
abrogard (10)
5/30/2007 12:23:01 PM
Have you tried pressing the F1 key?

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>  I've stumbled across that before - that is, I've been to that help
>> screen
>> that I get now that I've unchecked the office assistant thing. And it is
>> not
>> the one I want. I want the one I'm used to, with search facility and
>> whatever
>> and along list of items.
>> This thing (which you seem to have to turn off in each of the Office
>> products separately)  is fairly ludicrous. It goes round in circles. It's
>> got
>> a choice about 'ways you can get help' which really just brings you back
>> itself....
>>
>>  It is a joke. Like so much of overworked software.
>>
>> Where is stock standard help? Or if it doesn't exist... say so.

0
Anthemwebs (309)

HELP!!! Can't Apply Payment for Posted Invoice while Unposted in C
One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window. She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch. The power went out, and she started up the computer when the power come back. She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that Customer. She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for that Customer but in the Unposted Sales. I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has been posted. So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series Post window. She still can not view t...

outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe item, archive .pst
Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. "Egro" <Egro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BC04C1-B005-43CF-ABA5-9C171EA74B9F@microsoft.com... > Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. As far as I can tell, there is no error message in Outlook 2003 that states a file "is enormous". You should zip a PST before sending or rename it to, say, ".psx" or ".ps_" before you send it. The recipient can undo the steps you took to send it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Access Mulit users in form keep stumbling over each other
I've got a front end Access database that has the form and a backend Accessdatabase that has the data. I would like mulitple users to be able to enter information into the form but they keep stumbling on each others work when they are doing so. My database is very simple, the table has 2 columns one has the account number of customers and the other is where the workers will fill in Yes or No. The users open the form copy the account number, enter it into a program, and review it. If they account is positive for what they are looking for, they mark yes or no and go onto the next record....

First post, need help guys!
Hi to all, I pasted together the below attachment. Can anyone help me with it. I need to know how to start a second grap 55% of the way up the original graphs axis. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Moxy1980/graph.jpg PS. I cant get the pic bigger but can mail if you leave a reply on th thread. Thanks again -- Moxy198 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moxy1980's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2807 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47583 Moxy The second set of dat...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment blah.url
How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Googy <googy55@pacbell.net> asked: | How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? Me to. I have Outlook XP and getting quit tired of not being able to get need attachments. I hope somebody has the answer. OL 2000 SP-3 Corproate/Workgroup with security update Thanks GG "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Division help? #2
In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p. I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to appear? Pete If you put 16 in A1, you can put this in B1: =int(a1/3) you can put this in C1: =b1 you can put this in D1: =a1-b1-c1 clayblay wrote: > > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know ...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Stack Charts? ? ? Please help
I am trying to produce a stack chart with a difference ! I Have got a list of depots which i want to analyse and four columns containing data (bit like below). Basically i want two stack "bars" for each depot. Depot, Days Outstanding, Turnaround Time, Ttl Tickets Opened, Cust - Planner 1-231 3 1 3 1 1-922 2 1 2 1 I want days outstanding and turnaround time in one stack and then the second stack will be the remaining two columns side by side. Is this possible ? ? ? Or should i add this to the list of questions for Bill? -- twiggy ---------------...

Add more than one series to a pivot chart using VB MS Access continued...
I'm trying to programmatically create a stacked bar pivot chart. Using "Programming Microsoft Office Access 2003" by Rick Dobson, I've created the chart. However, it doesn't distinguish between the different values for the series. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a chart using one column containing three values for the series? Essentially, this is a continuation of a previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/e23f3506a6d561a0/674295d410a71cf9%23674295d410a71cf9" Any help is greatly appre...

Import into Access from Excel, passing a variable as the field...
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet with a header that contains the exact same 30 names as the corresponding 30 fields in an Access DB table, and Row 2 below the Header contains the data I want to import. Instead, of physically typing all 30 fields in the code, I have a macro that loops through each "field" name that it got from the spreadsheet header. When I run this macro I get "run-time error '3265' Item not found in this collection', however, when I specify the actual field Name manually it works. This what I have: Dim iColumn As Integer Dim FieldName As ...

Outlook Web Access
Hello all, Outlook Web Access has been rolled out to my organization. It's particularly useful in areas where PCs are shared among numerous people and are logged onto the network with generic IDs. The problem I'm experiencing is that when an account is ready for a password change, there is no notification to the user before logging into Outlook Web Access. This is a problem because after three checks of their email, they can no longer get into their email. Now I'm not an Exchange server person, but I need to get some ideas to present to the Networking Staff. Does anyo...

Dynamic Chart :S please help me !!!
Damn , I'm getting so confused with this so please help!! This is what I want to do. I've got one databasetab with this column : week1 week2 week3 week4 object1 3 4 5 45 object2 43 34 43 43 object3 88 554 object4 and so on. Now ik want on another Sheet a box where I can fill in the wee number and than a chart wil show only the numbers of that week as: WEEK # 1000 500 0 -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Thank you for some wonderfull help
Hi all Just a word of much appreciation to 2 wonderfull guys (Oliver Moazzezi and Mark Arnold) for helping me to implement RPC over HTTP.Specially Oliver who really replied everytime i posted. You are stars and made my lifE alot easier. now i can help some other administrators also who i know is struggling to implement this wonderfull feature of exchange. thanks once again guys. The only "sort of " error i still get is that "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from your exchange server" but i assume its because i'm working from a "not so fast wireless conne...

Is Access the right program for our needs?
My company is in need of a data storage program that can merge information into Microsoft Word documents. We need a few different libraries with contact information for clients, companies, and third party contacts. Next we either create a Word document or scan and convert a PDF to Word in order to insert the Client's and/or Company's information in the designated field locations. We are hoping that we can import the Client's and/or Company's information from a database(Access), and that we can set up the word doc (or template) so that a different Company and Client can b...

Access is Denied in CRM 3.0 after upgrading from 1.2
After an upgrade of Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without any errors, I can not log into the Microsoft CRM web page. I get the following error "you do not have enough privileges to access the microsoft crm object or perform the requested operation" I have searched everywhere for a solution for this but i am now at a loss. During the install i recieved two warnings 1. verify domain user account spn for the microsoft crm asp .net application pool account 2. setup was unable to verify that the "trust for delegation" property is enabled for the computer object. If I create a new...

Need Help... 03-07-10
I have two tables TblEmp and TblEmpService with a common field EmpID. TblEmp has the fields: EmpID, EmpName and Site. A form is attached to this table to enter new or edit existing employee. TblEmpService fields are : EmpID, EmpName, ServiceType,Site..etc I made a form based on TblEmpService in which all the fields is there from tblEmpService. What I want is that if I put Employee ID in the EmpID text Box the Employee Name should come in the EmpName text Box from the TblEmp. Also this Emplyee ID should store in the TblEmpService. Thanks & Regards, hi Nad, On 07.03.201...

Exchange disaster recovery help
I was wondering I have a client thats wants to have a disaster recovery site where if site A goes down site B will be able to handle his mail needs. My real question is can exchange some how replicate the data store to a 2nd site so that site B will have all of the same data in case of a disaster? I know I can do clustering but that would be in the same physical location not in seperate location if I am not mistaken. Any ideas would be great you can also do stretch clustering, which is geographically spanned cluster nodes in different locations...but it is quite expensive and the replica...

Set Form height at Runtime Access 2007 Runtime
I want a fixed number of records in my detail section no matter the size of the window. I put: Form.Section(acFooter).Height = Me.InsideHeight - (Form.Section(acHeader).Height + numrows * Form.Section(acDetail).Height) in my load event code. It works great when I am running the development code, but when I run it in runtime the detail height is at the default height. Any ideas? Thanks OK --- more information ---- When I put a ribbon on the form all is well. How can I figure out if there is a ribbon displayed while in runtime? In a .accdb file there is always a ...

Outlook 2007 help problem

help 02-09-06
Who wants to help me with the subnetworking Ex: IP : 14.0.0.0. Used Subnets 10 Nr Hosts = ? Mask ? The 3-th Subnet ? The defaul brodcast ? Sorry, you'll need to find a more appropriate newsgroup in which to ask this question, one that deals with networking. This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Cuparencu Virgil" <Cuparencuv2003@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%237HgORLLGHA.2768@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... &...

how do i query Multiple Databases in access?
Help… I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox Databases the Paradox Databases all have the same fields. the purpose of the access database to check all the Paradox Databases for any differences from the master and flag and variance with a indicial Paradox Database. Dan :) Danc383@hotmail.com wrote: > I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox > Databases > > the Paradox Databases all have the same fields. > > the purpose of the access database to check all the Paradox Databases for > any differences f...

Macro Help!
I am creating a combo box in which a user will be able to select a month, and based upon that selection I need a macro that will open a specific file. For example, if the user selects June, then I need the macro to open the June report, if the user selects July, I need the macro to open the July report, etc. Jeff, Workbook.Open Filename = myPath & "\" & Combobox1.Value & ".xls" Just put in your file path. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jeff" <hurlbut777@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:284601c3794c$e4ac0520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am cr...

Enable OWA to be accessed from the outside world
Hi, I am running a SBS enviroment with MS Exchange 2003, with a TZ170 Sonicwall firewall, and I would like to enable access to OWA from outside my internal network. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. "mklags@gmail.com" <mklags@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, I am running a SBS enviroment with MS Exchange 2003, with a TZ170 >Sonicwall firewall, and I would like to enable access to OWA from >outside my internal network. Allow port 443 from * to your ISA server. >Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Not really an Exchange problem. ...

Relay Access denied from newly installed Exchange 2003 servers
Hello, I recently upgraded our Exchange 2000 FE server to 2003. I have 3 Exchange 2000 BE servers and have just installed 3 new Exchange 2003 servers that I will eventually migrate the mailboxes from the Exchange 2000 servers to. I've set all of the Exchange settings just like they are on the Exchange 2000 servers. I moved a test mailbox from an Exchange 2000 server to one of the new Exchange 2003 servers and tried to send an email from it through Outlook Web Access to a gmail account. The error I received is " There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipi...