How is borderless printing set?

I just  upgraded to Publisher 2003. My previous version of Pub.( '97 ! ) Had
no problem with borderless printing with my HP printer. Some reason, after
setting print output to borderless, print preview and actual output has a
small white border on three edges and a 1/2" white border and the last edge.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0
Alexiss (7)

There have been several suggestions offered here. When you do your page setup,
select borderless photo paper for the desired stock.

Look at the overspray setting.

I've had success by changing my publication into an image and using the printer
software to print out my document.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Alexiss" <Alexiss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just  upgraded to Publisher 2003. My previous version of Pub.( '97 ! ) Had
> no problem with borderless printing with my HP printer. Some reason, after
> setting print output to borderless, print preview and actual output has a
> small white border on three edges and a 1/2" white border and the last edge.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
mary-sauer (6480)

2-Sided Printing: HP Photosmart D7300 Series. Right edge of image clipped off, won't allow manual feed #2
We are wasting tons of paper trying to print a "booklet" 2 sided. Printer: HP Photosmart D7300 Paper 8.5x11 Booklet 5.5 x 8.5 Printer set at landscape Ran 2-side configuration wizard. Did all paper feeds (numbers and circles) When attempting to print, right side is clipped off No prompts appear to turn paper over. When printer is set to BORDERLESS, the full right side of image appears, but left side of page is trimmed off. "fit image to paper" option vanishes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. How many pages? Is the print preview correct? I only know how I...

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

Crazy printing ...
I'm using XP (SP2) and XP Office. This includes Publisher 2003. I'm using a Canon S200 printer. This was previously attached to another computer running Win98SE. There were no printing problems. I installed it to the XP system using the Canon CD. Now however it goes crazy when I use Publisher. I'm trying to print a booklet, two A5 pages on a single A4 sheet. Everything pans out in Print Preview. When I print however, all sorts of crazy things happen. It shrinks the text to nothing. It prints portrait instead of landscape. And more. Whatever I tell it to do, it ignores. As far a...

Clip Art won't print #2
My operating system is Windows Vista, I have an HP Photosmart 8450 printer and when using Publisher 2007, none of the clip art will print. Actually, no clip art will print in any of the Office 2007 programs, but Publisher is the one that I was using when I discovered this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks. Are you using updated drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Ms. CCC-SLP" <Ms. CCC-SLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577191CD...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

printing #2
i am trying to print a flyer that has a picture i created myself. what i did was make a square, put 4 separate lines on top of it, then put the same square (except made it somewhat transparent by way of the fill options) and put it on top of it to so it would be transparent enough to be able to see a hint of the lines underneath...however, when I print it, it does not print what i see...it prints a the full solid background as if it were not transparent. how can i print it with the transparent effect i want? >-----Original Message----- >Stephanie what version of Publisher are y...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

Execl print to fit paper
how do you set a group of cells to print to fit (maximize to one page size, normally 8 1/2 x 11) on one (and only one) page? Select the cells to be printed, then: <File> <PrintArea> <SetPrintArea> Then: <File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab, Then click on: "Fit To" 1 page wide by 1 page tall, Then <OK>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...

Checkbok & printing
I'd like to set up Excel to track my checkbook. I've got a spreadsheet made up that does that and let's me reconcile easily. Is there a way to take selected entries from the spreadsheet and have them "appear" in a check-style template and then print out the checks? I'm using Excel 2000 on Win XP Home SP 1. Thanks! <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Hi Fishy, As a starting point see xlDynamic at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html --- Regards, Norman "<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message news:c7nn72...

Setting Up a Novel #2
I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers, Footers, Glossary, Index, etc Is this the right application to use for this job? Thanks Barry Barry wrote: > I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to > achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of > Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers, > Footers, Glossary, Inde...

Modified Report Not Printing Properly
GP 8.0, SQL We have two sites, each with its own vendors. We modified PO Blank Form so that it prints the correct site address in the ship to box. It works fine for one vendor, and prints the appropriate Site Address. However, for another vendor the Ship To is always blank. I cannot figure out why. I do not see any difference in how the vendors are set up. Any ideas for where I should look to resolve this problem? Thanks, Jason ...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

Print a sheet for everday of the year
I need to print a sheet in Excel for every day of the year. How can I add the date automatically and print the sheet? Thanks, Jeff Hi Jeff Enter the first day of the year in A1 and run this macro to print Note it not print sunday Change PrintPreview to PrintOut if it is working Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() 'this example not print sunday Dim mr As Integer mr = Year(Range("a1").Value) Do While Year(Range("a1").Value) = mr If Application.WorksheetFunction. _ Weekday(Range("a1").Value) <> 1 Then ActiveSheet.Pri...

Printing a Purchase Order to Multiple Destinations
Is it possible to print a PO to a text file on the local machine or network in addition to the local default printer? -- Pete P. It is possible to print a text file to any single location you want in addition to the local default printer. Our system currently prompts users requesting this information. Giving them their choice of 3 formats: Screen Printer File These can be selected in any combination but only one destination per format can be specified. I am hoping that this thread will explain how/if one could deliver one printed report to multiple printers. Eventually I would lik...

How do I do a Print Preview of the "Current / Active" page on a fo
Hello all I have attached a command button to a form and when I press the button it brings up a print preview of the report attached to the form. The problem is that it always shows Page 1 of the report as the default page. I can then only navigate to theother pages in the report by clicking the page arrow at the bottom of the report. How do I code the button so that when I click the button it shows a preview of the "current" record rather than always showing the first page of the report as the default page? I want to use this so that once people have completed filling inform...

Printing in Excel #2
I am printing a document in Excel with the gridlines bolded. However, when I Print the document it shifts the text in some cells down so they sit on the line. How do i fix this? Also just for reference i am using excel 2003 and we are using a windows 2000 print server. Not familiar with the problem. What font and pointsize. What printer. What happens if you choose Arial with pointsize of 10. What do you see in print preview. Do you have other choices for your print to printer. (file,print, name:) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] M...

network drawling set up
Hello, I am new to visio outside of setting up a basic network diagram. I would like to have a network drawling with just shapes diplayed, right now I have a diagram that is very cluttered with names, ips, product info, ect. And have the object info in a database so I only need to update newtork info in one place. And have the info linked to the shape in the drawling. Right now we have excel spreadsheets with multiple pages for info to our multiple sites. What would be easier to set up and update, excel or access database? Then I would like to save it as a web page to place on our i...

Set receive connector back to its defaults
Hello all I need to set the receive connector on the hub transport role back to its defaults. I am running the command set-receiveconnector -identity (name of connector) -permissionsgroup (groupnames) i can only add in one group, how can i add multiple groups to the command? What i am trying to acomplish is i dont want my hub transport server to repsond to a SMTP session unless its from the Edge server. I have tried configuring the "receive mail from remote server with ip" i added in the ip of the edge server but that didnt seem to work, as i can open up a telnet session t...

sending v cards, changing address settings #2
Hi i use outlook 2003, When I send a v card, the address fields change to businness, which is normally blank. I have set the home address as the address to use as mail address, but still this happens. I tried forwarding the contacts, not as v cards, which does not have the same problem, but found this duplicates the contact in my outlook. any ideas thanks tim ...

How to I set automatic recall of people I've emailed to?
Previously, when I would start typing a mail recipient's name in the TO box, it would give me options and I did not have to always retype the whole email address. How do I turn that feature back on those names are stored in a file usually called: outlook.nk2 in this location: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook "RICKY" wrote: > Previously, when I would start typing a mail recipient's name in the TO box, > it would give me options and I did not have to always retype the whole email > address. How do I ...

Printing special characters
Hello In my Word 2003 document I have a number of special characters suchas the small 2 and small 3 used in maths equations (square root, cubic root, etc). Unfortunately, these print off as small cubes and I was hoping to rectify that, please. Best regards Steve Have you verified that the characters you're using exist in the font you're printing with? Do you use a font that was installed with your printer, that might be old enough that it doesn't include them? Alternatively, if you created your exponents with Superscript, have you verified that your print...

Print Preview Problem
I am using modular forms in my Access 2K application. When I pull up a report in preview mode it displays behind any of the forms I might have open when I call the print prreview routine. Is there a way to bring this report up over the top of any open forms? Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide. ...

Printing in A5
Greetings from Downunder The items I need to print are similar to greeting cards -- A5 size in landscape orientation 21 cm wide & 14.7 cm high, side fold -- giving me four pages each 10.5 cm wide and 14.7 cm high. Creating this is no problem and all appears perfect right up to "print preview', even appearing correct in my printer's "print preview" screen. However, when I print, the contents of each page have changed their orientation to "portrait", and are 90 degrees out! Would anyone out there have a cure for this? Using XP Pro + SP 2, MS Office 2003...