How in Email Newsletter to use Hyperlinks, Bookmarks and Coded HTM

I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I have 
learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no success 
with email newsletters.

I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which 
redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, but in 
an email newsletter. 

Any suggestions? Thanks!
0
Lipstain (6)
2/13/2007 5:55:02 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

9 Replies
741 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the 
Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following code 
snippet:

<A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>

Place the fragment box where you want it.

DavidF

"Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I 
>have
> learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no success
> with email newsletters.
>
> I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which
> redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, but 
> in
> an email newsletter.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks! 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/13/2007 6:37:57 PM
Thank you for your suggestion, but this requires that the newsletter be 
changed to a Web page, which is not my intention. I would like to add the 
same functionality to an email newsletter, not a Web page. When I send the 
Web page as an email message, the code is exposed, not the link.

Is it not possible to add this feature to a Publisher email newsletter?



"DavidF" wrote:

> Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the 
> Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following code 
> snippet:
> 
> <A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>
> 
> Place the fragment box where you want it.
> 
> DavidF
> 
> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I 
> >have
> > learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no success
> > with email newsletters.
> >
> > I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which
> > redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, but 
> > in
> > an email newsletter.
> >
> > Any suggestions? Thanks! 
> 
> 
> 
0
Lipstain (6)
2/13/2007 8:13:00 PM
When you go to File > convert to a web page, it adds the html functionality 
required to make the code work. You can still email the newsletter. You 
can't have html functionality in a print document. Try it...it 
works...unless I am missing something you aren't saying.

DavidF

"Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:5E04EC06-4E00-42BD-A07B-1E3DE512F6D1@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for your suggestion, but this requires that the newsletter be
> changed to a Web page, which is not my intention. I would like to add the
> same functionality to an email newsletter, not a Web page. When I send the
> Web page as an email message, the code is exposed, not the link.
>
> Is it not possible to add this feature to a Publisher email newsletter?
>
>
>
> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the
>> Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following 
>> code
>> snippet:
>>
>> <A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>
>>
>> Place the fragment box where you want it.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
>> >I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I
>> >have
>> > learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no 
>> > success
>> > with email newsletters.
>> >
>> > I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which
>> > redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, 
>> > but
>> > in
>> > an email newsletter.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions? Thanks!
>>
>>
>> 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/13/2007 9:02:17 PM
This appears to be the issue I am having (see "Hyperlinks in Text Not 
Working"). It should be possible to add the links when converting a 
publication to email, and certainly all of the functionality is available 
(the Hyperlink tool is avialable when highlighting text) while doing so. And 
as I've noted below, it is posible to hyperlink graphics. 

There is no documentation suggesting that a publication must be converted to 
HTML web format and then to an email--certainly the conversion of the 
publication to email has already performed this function.

"DavidF" wrote:

> When you go to File > convert to a web page, it adds the html functionality 
> required to make the code work. You can still email the newsletter. You 
> can't have html functionality in a print document. Try it...it 
> works...unless I am missing something you aren't saying.
> 
> DavidF
> 
> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:5E04EC06-4E00-42BD-A07B-1E3DE512F6D1@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you for your suggestion, but this requires that the newsletter be
> > changed to a Web page, which is not my intention. I would like to add the
> > same functionality to an email newsletter, not a Web page. When I send the
> > Web page as an email message, the code is exposed, not the link.
> >
> > Is it not possible to add this feature to a Publisher email newsletter?
> >
> >
> >
> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the
> >> Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following 
> >> code
> >> snippet:
> >>
> >> <A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>
> >>
> >> Place the fragment box where you want it.
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >>
> >> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
> >> >I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I
> >> >have
> >> > learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no 
> >> > success
> >> > with email newsletters.
> >> >
> >> > I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which
> >> > redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, 
> >> > but
> >> > in
> >> > an email newsletter.
> >> >
> >> > Any suggestions? Thanks!
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
mikesoba (5)
2/14/2007 1:10:08 AM
It is different in this case. In this case the OP is wanting to insert a 
html code snippet into the publication, not a hyperlink. You cannot use the 
insert a code fragment function without converting to a web page. In your 
case you do not need to convert your publication to a web page in order to 
insert a hyperlink. I think your issue is because the text is being imported 
to the page via a wizard...see the reply to your message.

DavidF

"mikesoba" <mikesoba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7B6DF957-AC3F-442C-AF02-4A2D8EE71853@microsoft.com...
> This appears to be the issue I am having (see "Hyperlinks in Text Not
> Working"). It should be possible to add the links when converting a
> publication to email, and certainly all of the functionality is available
> (the Hyperlink tool is avialable when highlighting text) while doing so. 
> And
> as I've noted below, it is posible to hyperlink graphics.
>
> There is no documentation suggesting that a publication must be converted 
> to
> HTML web format and then to an email--certainly the conversion of the
> publication to email has already performed this function.
>
> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> When you go to File > convert to a web page, it adds the html 
>> functionality
>> required to make the code work. You can still email the newsletter. You
>> can't have html functionality in a print document. Try it...it
>> works...unless I am missing something you aren't saying.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:5E04EC06-4E00-42BD-A07B-1E3DE512F6D1@microsoft.com...
>> > Thank you for your suggestion, but this requires that the newsletter be
>> > changed to a Web page, which is not my intention. I would like to add 
>> > the
>> > same functionality to an email newsletter, not a Web page. When I send 
>> > the
>> > Web page as an email message, the code is exposed, not the link.
>> >
>> > Is it not possible to add this feature to a Publisher email newsletter?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "DavidF" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using 
>> >> the
>> >> Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following
>> >> code
>> >> snippet:
>> >>
>> >> <A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>
>> >>
>> >> Place the fragment box where you want it.
>> >>
>> >> DavidF
>> >>
>> >> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and 
>> >> >I
>> >> >have
>> >> > learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no
>> >> > success
>> >> > with email newsletters.
>> >> >
>> >> > I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter 
>> >> > which
>> >> > redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site,
>> >> > but
>> >> > in
>> >> > an email newsletter.
>> >> >
>> >> > Any suggestions? Thanks!
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/14/2007 1:48:26 AM
Another piece of information...I am assuming that this person is using Pub 
2003. Pub 2007 now has the ability to insert a bookmark to any page, and to 
any place on the page. You don't need to insert the code fragment as you do 
in Pub 2003, in order to go to the top of the page. A nice improvement...

DavidF

"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:uYpBJs9THHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> It is different in this case. In this case the OP is wanting to insert a 
> html code snippet into the publication, not a hyperlink. You cannot use 
> the insert a code fragment function without converting to a web page. In 
> your case you do not need to convert your publication to a web page in 
> order to insert a hyperlink. I think your issue is because the text is 
> being imported to the page via a wizard...see the reply to your message.
>
> DavidF
>
> "mikesoba" <mikesoba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7B6DF957-AC3F-442C-AF02-4A2D8EE71853@microsoft.com...
>> This appears to be the issue I am having (see "Hyperlinks in Text Not
>> Working"). It should be possible to add the links when converting a
>> publication to email, and certainly all of the functionality is available
>> (the Hyperlink tool is avialable when highlighting text) while doing so. 
>> And
>> as I've noted below, it is posible to hyperlink graphics.
>>
>> There is no documentation suggesting that a publication must be converted 
>> to
>> HTML web format and then to an email--certainly the conversion of the
>> publication to email has already performed this function.
>>
>> "DavidF" wrote:
>>
>>> When you go to File > convert to a web page, it adds the html 
>>> functionality
>>> required to make the code work. You can still email the newsletter. You
>>> can't have html functionality in a print document. Try it...it
>>> works...unless I am missing something you aren't saying.
>>>
>>> DavidF
>>>
>>> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:5E04EC06-4E00-42BD-A07B-1E3DE512F6D1@microsoft.com...
>>> > Thank you for your suggestion, but this requires that the newsletter 
>>> > be
>>> > changed to a Web page, which is not my intention. I would like to add 
>>> > the
>>> > same functionality to an email newsletter, not a Web page. When I send 
>>> > the
>>> > Web page as an email message, the code is exposed, not the link.
>>> >
>>> > Is it not possible to add this feature to a Publisher email 
>>> > newsletter?
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > "DavidF" wrote:
>>> >
>>> >> Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using 
>>> >> the
>>> >> Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following
>>> >> code
>>> >> snippet:
>>> >>
>>> >> <A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>
>>> >>
>>> >> Place the fragment box where you want it.
>>> >>
>>> >> DavidF
>>> >>
>>> >> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> >> news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
>>> >> >I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, 
>>> >> >and I
>>> >> >have
>>> >> > learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no
>>> >> > success
>>> >> > with email newsletters.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter 
>>> >> > which
>>> >> > redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web 
>>> >> > site,
>>> >> > but
>>> >> > in
>>> >> > an email newsletter.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > Any suggestions? Thanks!
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/14/2007 2:15:48 AM
Lipstain,

Unless you are absolutely certain that all recipients of your Publisher 
document have Publisher installed on their computer, I would suggest that 
you change the Publisher document to a pdf. There is no "viewer" for 
Publisher documents.

You will find also that Publisher documents with images can easily exceed 
the size acceptable to your ISP and the folks that must download the file. 
For instance, our computer club's May 2006 newsletter as a PDF was 526KB. 
The Publisher document was 13,065KB. At that size, most ISP servers will not 
allow it.  http://www.myscacc.org/newsletters.htm
"Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:5E04EC06-4E00-42BD-A07B-1E3DE512F6D1@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for your suggestion, but this requires that the newsletter be
> changed to a Web page, which is not my intention. I would like to add the
> same functionality to an email newsletter, not a Web page. When I send the
> Web page as an email message, the code is exposed, not the link.
>
> Is it not possible to add this feature to a Publisher email newsletter?
>
>
>
> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the
>> Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following 
>> code
>> snippet:
>>
>> <A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>
>>
>> Place the fragment box where you want it.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
>> >I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I
>> >have
>> > learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no 
>> > success
>> > with email newsletters.
>> >
>> > I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which
>> > redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, 
>> > but
>> > in
>> > an email newsletter.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions? Thanks!
>>
>>
>> 


0
Chuck
2/14/2007 2:35:43 AM
Chuck,

You do not need to have Publisher if you send the publication as a 
message...only as an attachment. If you try to send a print formatted one 
page newsletter as a message it will go as an image regardless of what you 
do, and file size can be an issue. If you start with an email formatted 
newsletter, you can send in HTML format, and the file size is relatively 
small. I just sent one of the email formatted newsletter templates and as an 
image it was 186 KB, but in HTML it was just 54 kb. I am assuming the OP is 
using Pub 2003, and sending the newsletter as a message, not an attachment. 
Plus the OP is trying to include active hyperlinks, and unless you have 
suitable PDF generating software, the links are inactive....at least if you 
use primopdf. And though you do have an issue with file size, if you do send 
a print formatted newsletter file sent as a message, and thus an image, the 
hyperlinks survive.

Pub 2007 seems to have improved this function, though I haven't thoroughly 
tested it. It appears that you can now send a print formatted newsletter in 
HTML format if you choose, and thus avoid the file size issue. Seems like I 
remember you saying that you got Pub 2007...try it.

DavidF

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message 
news:%23%23$sPD%23THHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Lipstain,
>
> Unless you are absolutely certain that all recipients of your Publisher 
> document have Publisher installed on their computer, I would suggest that 
> you change the Publisher document to a pdf. There is no "viewer" for 
> Publisher documents.
>
> You will find also that Publisher documents with images can easily exceed 
> the size acceptable to your ISP and the folks that must download the file. 
> For instance, our computer club's May 2006 newsletter as a PDF was 526KB. 
> The Publisher document was 13,065KB. At that size, most ISP servers will 
> not allow it.  http://www.myscacc.org/newsletters.htm
> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:5E04EC06-4E00-42BD-A07B-1E3DE512F6D1@microsoft.com...
>> Thank you for your suggestion, but this requires that the newsletter be
>> changed to a Web page, which is not my intention. I would like to add the
>> same functionality to an email newsletter, not a Web page. When I send 
>> the
>> Web page as an email message, the code is exposed, not the link.
>>
>> Is it not possible to add this feature to a Publisher email newsletter?
>>
>>
>>
>> "DavidF" wrote:
>>
>>> Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the
>>> Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following 
>>> code
>>> snippet:
>>>
>>> <A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>
>>>
>>> Place the fragment box where you want it.
>>>
>>> DavidF
>>>
>>> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
>>> >I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I
>>> >have
>>> > learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no 
>>> > success
>>> > with email newsletters.
>>> >
>>> > I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which
>>> > redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, 
>>> > but
>>> > in
>>> > an email newsletter.
>>> >
>>> > Any suggestions? Thanks!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/14/2007 3:45:38 AM
PS. I forgot to add, you have to use a web friendly font in Pub 2007 to send 
as a message in html format. If not, the text will be converted to an image.

DavidF

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message 
news:%23%23$sPD%23THHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Lipstain,
>
> Unless you are absolutely certain that all recipients of your Publisher 
> document have Publisher installed on their computer, I would suggest that 
> you change the Publisher document to a pdf. There is no "viewer" for 
> Publisher documents.
>
> You will find also that Publisher documents with images can easily exceed 
> the size acceptable to your ISP and the folks that must download the file. 
> For instance, our computer club's May 2006 newsletter as a PDF was 526KB. 
> The Publisher document was 13,065KB. At that size, most ISP servers will 
> not allow it.  http://www.myscacc.org/newsletters.htm
> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:5E04EC06-4E00-42BD-A07B-1E3DE512F6D1@microsoft.com...
>> Thank you for your suggestion, but this requires that the newsletter be
>> changed to a Web page, which is not my intention. I would like to add the
>> same functionality to an email newsletter, not a Web page. When I send 
>> the
>> Web page as an email message, the code is exposed, not the link.
>>
>> Is it not possible to add this feature to a Publisher email newsletter?
>>
>>
>>
>> "DavidF" wrote:
>>
>>> Start with an email formatted newsletter. Convert to webpage. Using the
>>> Insert html code fragment tool, copy and paste (Ctrl V) the following 
>>> code
>>> snippet:
>>>
>>> <A HREF="#TOP">Top of  Page</A>
>>>
>>> Place the fragment box where you want it.
>>>
>>> DavidF
>>>
>>> "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:072B368A-8ABF-413D-8128-4C3F84C58D2F@microsoft.com...
>>> >I am trying to include bookmarks in a Publisher email newsletter, and I
>>> >have
>>> > learned how to do this with creating a Web page, but I have had no 
>>> > success
>>> > with email newsletters.
>>> >
>>> > I would like to add a "Return to Top"-type link in my newsletter which
>>> > redirects the reader to the top of the same page. Not in a Web site, 
>>> > but
>>> > in
>>> > an email newsletter.
>>> >
>>> > Any suggestions? Thanks!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/14/2007 3:47:37 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Adding custom pages to Windows Control Panel using MFC
Hi, Is there anybody know how to add a custom page to Windows Control Panel using MFC? I found some code on Internet but that was written in Win32 API. Also tried to find the material on MSDN but the content is pretty old (if I am correct) : http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarvc/html/msdn_ntcplapp.asp Thanks. Is this what you're looking for? http://www.codeproject.com/shell/cpl.asp Tom <hugheslin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145355183.002746.18420@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there anybody know how to add a cus...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

How can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter.
In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with the mouse. This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003. (the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003. Thank you in advance for your help, Carolina I think that this went away in xl2002. You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back. Carol...

one code to do multiple things
hi, i have the code below which takes the value in cell U17 everytime it changes, and places it in column A on a sheet called graphs thereby forming a list down the sheet of all the values that appear in cell U17, for charting purposes. What i would like to do is to be able to duplicate this for different cells. ie have the cell values of W25 appear in a list in column K on the graphs sheet, and so on. this code was written for me by someone else as, could you please give me some code that will enable me to capture the values for two or three cells in sheet1 into the sheet cal...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

OWA 2003 Blocking HTM Attachments
I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried following the instructions for registry key settings and the disableattachments setting but still can't download\open them even when i have it set to 0 which should allow all attachments to be opened. Has anyone else had this problem or resolved it? Thanks Jeff Have you restarted the Exchange Services since making this change? Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried >following the instruct...

Chart using Macro
I have several sheets having similar data for different lanes. I have a macro which can create a graph I want with different series plotted in different forms for source data on a particular sheet. I want to be able to create a graph for the active sheet. How do I use ActiveSheet data as source data for the gaph. ...

Copy a word doc to excel and hyperlink data between the 2.
I have a chart on an excel document and a long word document explaining the data in the chart. I would like to place the word document under the chart in excel. Then I would like to hyperlink the data from the chart to specific places in the word document. Help.....I have been trying to figure it out for days. Thank you. ...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

email with an attachment
why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email with an attachments. It there any special setting in Outlook 2000. Thanks. ...

bmp files in Excel Hyperlinks open with wrong program
I have a list of tools in Excel, and I have used Excel's hyperlinking feature to allow displaying a picture of the tool by clicking the link. They always open with Paint, regardless of what I do in the "Folder Options >> File Types" box. I have customized the .BMP file type by adding "Edit with Paint" and "Edit with PhotoEditor" entries to the default settings. Does Excel look for the entry actually labeled "Open" or does it just grab the first entry from the list? (in this case, "Edit with Paint" is first, because they are ...

Email Routing Rules
I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming functionality that does not exist. We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not installed the outlook client (yet). If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking token. Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply...

Add more than one series to a pivot chart using VB MS Access continued...
I'm trying to programmatically create a stacked bar pivot chart. Using "Programming Microsoft Office Access 2003" by Rick Dobson, I've created the chart. However, it doesn't distinguish between the different values for the series. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a chart using one column containing three values for the series? Essentially, this is a continuation of a previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/e23f3506a6d561a0/674295d410a71cf9%23674295d410a71cf9" Any help is greatly appre...

how to use RichInk control for Mobile word
Hi all, I am trying to view the word documents in Pocket PC. I got some MFC code in the following link. http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/word_embed.html It is doing well for reading Pocket PC 2003 word document (.psw). I tried this to read Mobile word ( Word document for WM 5.0).It showing some same invalid data for any input. If anybody has idea on it please help me.. Thank you, Supriya. ...

End Program Hanging...after using Money Deluxe
After using MS Money Deluxe, Win XP, All files are current and up to date : When I close Money and want to shut the computer down I get a message pop up, End Program : 5A25A898 THAT HANGS, Then I get another END PROGRAM: MCI Command Handling. Then I invoke Task Manager to end all tasks and the computer shuts down. Any suggestions. Thanks In Advance In microsoft.public.money, Birdflu wrote: >After using MS Money Deluxe, Win XP, All files are current and up to date : > >When I close Money and want to shut the computer down I get a message pop >up, End Program : 5A25A898 THAT...

Relaying using AUTH
Someone had guess a weak password on one of my user accounts, and was using this with the AUTH command to relay messages off my Exchange 5.5 IMC. I enabled protocol logging, and saw the AUTH commands, and tracked down what account they were using with a base64 decoder and disabled the account. Now I want to find out what IP address these were originating from so I can repay the SOB. However, the protocol log only has hostnames where it says "accepting connection from hostname.domain.com". and the host names are bogus. I tested it, and it logs whatever you have entered a...

Cannot view email
HI, I'm running outlook 2000 on windows 98se,we also have exchange server running from another server. I cannot open any email that I have received or sent. I have uninstalled and Reinstalled outlook 2000. I have stopped all services in the backround that I could. Everytime i double click to view(open) email the hourglass comes up and outlook freezes. What can I do next ,Gates ...

Alerts for IMAP emails
Is there any workaround to make IMAP emails give an alert in the same way that POP3 email does? Cheers ss. ...

using the time structure with MFC
Hi, Coming from C, how could I translate this into MFC based code (using CString)? char szTime[65], szDate[65]; time_t t = time(0); struct tm* tm = localtime(&t); strftime(szDate, 64, "%Y%m%d", tm); strftime(szTime, 64, "%H%M%S", tm); CString strTime, strDate; Thanks CTime Time = CTime::GetCurrentTime(); CString strDate = Time.Format("%Y%m%d"); CString strTime = Time.Format("%H%M%S"); AliR. "markww" <markww@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156883820.948360.39250@m79g200...

How to add controls to window in code (.cpp)
I'm a newbie trying to add some controls to a window in a .cpp file. More specifically, I created a .NET 2003 C++ MFC Application, called it TestGUI In the function BOOL CTestGUIDlg::OnInitDialog(), I adde CSliderCtrl *pSlider = new CSliderCtrl() pSlider->Create(TBS_VERT, CRect(10,20,40,60), this, 2000) This compiles and runs, but the slider does not show up . What is wrong Thanks alot! Hi Vufgar - Do this CSliderCtrl *pSlider = new CSliderCtrl() pSlider->Create(WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|TBS_VERT, CRect(10,20,40,60), this, 2000) - Yaso Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Con...

Excel Automation using in VC 2005
Hi all, I am doing excel automation using MFC in VC 2005. It is just a simple program to just open an excel sheet nothing more than that. I have followed steps describerd in this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308407 But when i build the project it is giving following errors, Can any body tell why it is happening like this..? Errors: error C2371: 'FontPtr' : redefinition; different basic types error C2786: 'BOOL (__stdcall *)(HDC,int,int,int,int)' : invalid operand for __uuidof error C2923: '_com_IIID' : 'Rectangle' is not a valid template type arg...

how do you add bar codes to postcards
I send a lot of direct mail postcards. I just purchased a bulk mail permit and certain mailings I do require a bar code to be printed on the postcard. Can anyone tell me how to add a bar code to postcards. Thanks. You will need the PostNetTt font and start and end the barcode with a ! which will look like this | when typed. If you need the font send me an e-mail. dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com -- Don Vancouver, USA "Steven White" <Steven White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9108AAE-7B01-4152-86F0-EB45354C1D59@microsoft.com... >I send a lot o...